Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

High standards ?

Jump to newest

By *ack 500 OP   Man
over a year ago

stafford

Does anybody else think that standards of foods in restaurants is mainly shocking these days ? Does anybody else complain or is it just me ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yeah it's annoying paying through the nose for something I could have made better at home, especially when it's a fancy restaurant.

I just look at it as a chance to spend time with friends now

By *ad boy maverickMan
over a year ago

basildon

Rarely go but I have complained a few times in the past. It's our weakness. We don't complain enough.

The standard of service in America really shocked me. It was amazing but they don't put up with crap over there.

By *ack 500 OP   Man
over a year ago

stafford

"Yeah it's annoying paying through the nose for something I could have made better at home, especially when it's a fancy restaurant.

I just look at it as a chance to spend time with friends now "

Yep way better at home, I’ve just been two places on the trot and both very poor and got full refund back , but I want to pay and get a great meal. Just can’t win

By *ack 500 OP   Man
over a year ago

stafford

"Rarely go but I have complained a few times in the past. It's our weakness. We don't complain enough.

The standard of service in America really shocked me. It was amazing but they don't put up with crap over there. "

I can’t hold my complaint in if it’s sub standard

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I don't tend to go out for a meal that often.

There's a lovely pub near me that doesn't have much for less than £20 on the menu and I always think that £20 can buy ingredients for 3-4 slap up feeds

By *ack 500 OP   Man
over a year ago

stafford

"I don't tend to go out for a meal that often.

There's a lovely pub near me that doesn't have much for less than £20 on the menu and I always think that £20 can buy ingredients for 3-4 slap up feeds "

Or one mega Sunday roast

By *olonel_kurtzMan
over a year ago

JOHNSTONE

Yes I have to agree but more so with takeaway food. I love a chicken curry from the chinese but for the past 3 or 4 years they all seem to be using the same chicken breast chunks that have cmae from the freezer and is tasteless.

By *ack 500 OP   Man
over a year ago

stafford

"Yes I have to agree but more so with takeaway food. I love a chicken curry from the chinese but for the past 3 or 4 years they all seem to be using the same chicken breast chunks that have cmae from the freezer and is tasteless. "

Yep straight out the freezer

Post new Message to Thread