Back to The Lounge

Women's world Cup...

Jump to newest

By *ackformore100 OP   Man
over a year ago

Tin town

What are people thoughts here...?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63006512

The story is the women flew to NZ economy.... In 2019 The men flew to Japan in business class.

The women's game loses money. The mens game (at international level) makes a profit.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ackformore100 OP   Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"What are people thoughts here...?

The story is the women flew to NZ economy.... In 2019 The men flew to Japan in business class.

The women's game loses money. The mens game (at international level) makes a profit. "

To add further...

England were the first women's XVs side to be offered full-time contracts in 2019.

The RFU said it was "proud of the progress we've made", adding that team management decided to invest in "additional physios, performance coaches, a nutritionist and a full-time psychologist... rather than flying in business".

Story or non story or just headline writers stirring?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

The women's game loses money. The mens game (at international level) makes a profit. "

As ambassadors for football at international level they should get preferential treatment for travel

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Therein probably lies the answer then.

I’m all for promoting women’s sport and it’s come on a long way in recent years in terms of coverage, and may that continue.

But at the end of the day whilst it’s important that the sport continues to grow and is as inclusive as possible, forcing “equivalence”between the sexes will only work when the product is as commercially viable as each other.

It’s a bit like saying why don’t League 2 footballers get paid and treated the same as Premier League footballers - the demand and commercial appeal (at this moment in time) means there’s a differential in the amount of money in the respective games.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I pay more attention to women's football because, well...women.

The rest of it I don't give a flying fuck about.

By *lean_CutMan
over a year ago

Rasen area

We don’t all follow elite level Mens sport - I don’t..

I quite enjoy the womens game, and I’m glad to see it getting more coverage. I also support a lower level Mens team that never gets televised, and I now live too far away to see more than the odd game.. I’d actually like to see more lower league football - not just my own team..

By *tylebender03Man
over a year ago

Manchester

The levels in sport need respecting. The women’s game whether it’s football or rugby although the quality has improved over recent years it just isn’t anywhere near the level of the top end of men’s game in 2022

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS
over a year ago

Newquay

I know one of the squad members & she isn't bothered - just glad to be going!

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

These stories. They supposed to jet the under 15s round on a Lear jet now?

It's reflective of the current money and status in their part of game.

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

BBC are just bleeding hearts that back anything female, ethnic or disabled.

Women's football is very poor quality & always will be due to lack of muscle mass, the great leveller is that huge numbers of people won't watch it unless tickets are near free or they are deluding themselves.

Men's football or the licence fee are subsidising it.

Post new Message to Thread