Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

blocking

Jump to newest

By *akie32 OP   Man
over a year ago

winchester

if i send a message to some one and dont get a reply, i block that person, so i dont waste thier time or mine sending again, do you do the same

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irginLad32Man
over a year ago

Catford

"if i send a message to some one and dont get a reply, i block that person, so i dont waste thier time or mine sending again, do you do the same"

No because they might have been busy.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

"if i send a message to some one and dont get a reply, i block that person, so i dont waste thier time or mine sending again, do you do the same

No because they might have been busy. "

LvM

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"if i send a message to some one and dont get a reply, i block that person, so i dont waste thier time or mine sending again, do you do the same"
We do the same we give it a day or two as sometimes people are just really busy.We wouldn’t want to waste our time or theirs by messaging again if they weren’t interested..

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

We sometimes block before there's been any message exchange at all. It's highly likely the profile we're blocking may not even know we exist.

It's just a permanent filter to stop profiles we'll never be interested in showing up in searches more than once.

A

By *amRod64Man
over a year ago

Gravesend

No delete after a week and move on.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

No because I don't message first. But i do block if their first message is vulgar.

By *1bttmMan
over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

I give them time to reply but if they've read, checked my profile out and still no response I tend to block. No response is a no interest isn't it?

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Id most probably use my profile notes and write that they didn't reply ,I usually do if someone just stops chatting etc.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

With Platinum membership you get the option of sending a postcard to their last known address

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

How long from when you message someone to when you block them?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I used to but not anymore. Girls gets 100s+ messages every couple of hours they are online. So it’s likely you’re not going to get on their radar if they’re already talking to someone so just get flabbergasted on what to do with all those messages.

The best thing to do is wait and see, if you’re one of those. Just lay out what you WHAT, not what you’re going to DO, etc.

Then you were out the ones who are interested and who aren’t.

over a year ago

yeah I'm same I give it a few days same as if they actually read it no answer block move on simples

over a year ago

"if i send a message to some one and dont get a reply, i block that person, so i dont waste thier time or mine sending again, do you do the same

We sometimes block before there's been any message exchange at all. It's highly likely the profile we're blocking may not even know we exist.

It's just a permanent filter to stop profiles we'll never be interested in showing up in searches more than once.

A"

I'm same thought might only be me better filters would help but if someone I come across doesn't float my boat I block especially those silly update ones

over a year ago

Are we on your block list ?

By *ad boy maverickMan
over a year ago

basildon

I block people if I'm. Out of their age range or there's something else on their profile that puts me off. I don't block if I don't get an answer straight away as they might be busy. If they delete my message without responding I'll block because that is a sign they are not interested.

over a year ago

I do this, or if they read and don’t reply, I know how to take a hint,

I’ve have a few female friends on here, and guys send dozens and dozens of message to no reply, it not a good look

over a year ago

Yep. I tend to delete and block after a couple of weeks purely to avoid badgering them. Except for Norfolkcouple40 who are too hot to block!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

No only block rude or horrid people x

By *parkle1974Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

No, I only block if they are dickheads x

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I like to block people just after they have replied

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

The site notifies, if you've sent not had reply but you've deleted message. I block so I'm able to create my platform for those possible

over a year ago

So many who message me don't answer my clear questions in my profile so I'd suggest making sure you read profiles properly first as many don't

over a year ago

I don’t proactively block anyone, I only block back people that I notice have blocked me, I’m petty like that!

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I don’t proactively block anyone, I only block back people that I notice have blocked me, I’m petty like that!"

Ohh yes sometimes do this not allways x

By *ndiiiMan
over a year ago

Paisley Scotland

Give a fes days then blick.

Fuck it move on xx

over a year ago

I don't look at my messages regularly, so if that's the case I've probably ended up on a few block lists

By *romagefraisWoman
over a year ago

Sunderland

I met up with someone just last week whose first message I hadn't even noticed.

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

If they delete without replying then yes I block.

Same if they say no.

But if they just don’t reply I give it about a week and then block.

By *randMrsNorthernCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

We’ve blocked half of Fab.

Unsolicited friend request - block.

Winks or messages from single men (says not to in our bio) - block.

We message them and they don’t reply - block.

Others have blocked us and it’s cool - we assume for similar reasons ie if they’re not interested but wr don’t take offence as ir works both ways.

Blocking is a good filter.

By *aurus1987Man
over a year ago

York

I get blocked just saying hello, its called being polite

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I don’t really block unless it’s just highly offensive tbh. It does make me laugh getting the same lame opening message week after week though

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I don’t send any messages and that way I don’t waste both of our time

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I rarely mail but blocking for not responding to a single message is a bit harsh. I wont message them again though would reply if they did me. People are busy and you cant expect a reply just because you sent a mail

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

"I rarely mail but blocking for not responding to a single message is a bit harsh. I wont message them again though would reply if they did me. People are busy and you cant expect a reply just because you sent a mail"

I see your point. That’s why I give it about a week. Unless they delete my message and then I block straight away.

By *mily36CWoman
over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

"I rarely mail but blocking for not responding to a single message is a bit harsh. I wont message them again though would reply if they did me. People are busy and you cant expect a reply just because you sent a mail"

Yep same as this ^^^ ...but it's possible someone may have been preblocked so I dont make mistake messaging someone I'd previously not thought was genuine...

over a year ago

Yep, if they have time to open the message they time to reply even just 2 word - chat later

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Block for loads of reasons but not replying to a message isn’t one of them.

over a year ago

I block people that are local but in an area that I have to travel over water to see... I live by the coast and there is an island near but expensive just to go for a coffee and a social meet

Others I will block if I see they have read my message and they delete without a simple "No thank you"

No point in getting my hopes up seeing there sexy pictures posted and they want the exact things I want... easy to block

As for unread messages

Women get loats and sometimes simply don't get round to reading them all so yeah I get ignored but it's not always there fault

I do wonder if they read a message and mark it as u read does it show on my side that they have read it?

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Did you give them 5-7 business days to reply?

over a year ago

Christ if blocking for not replying is a thing I bet I’m a regular on block lists

Ah well

Post new Message to Thread