Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

queen

Jump to newest

By *akie32 OP   Man
over a year ago

winchester

Now i will say that i an a royalist through and through, and very sad that the queen died.

But im sick of hearing about it now, you cant red a news paper, or turn on the th with out it being thrust in your face.

I those that want to que to see her coffin , well fair enough, but why should the rest of us have to, and lets not forget alot of people arent royalists, i think the media hve gone wy over the top, and we havnt even had the funeral yet.

I, sure this will be an unpopular view, but im sure im not alone.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Now i will say that i an a royalist through and through, and very sad that the queen died.

But im sick of hearing about it now, you cant red a news paper, or turn on the th with out it being thrust in your face.

I those that want to que to see her coffin , well fair enough, but why should the rest of us have to, and lets not forget alot of people arent royalists, i think the media hve gone wy over the top, and we havnt even had the funeral yet.

I, sure this will be an unpopular view, but im sure im not alone."

Considering it’s the funeral today, I don’t think you’ll have much longer to be frustrated.

It’s called a 10 day period of mourning for reason (it last 10 days) so nobody should be surprised really and other than the main channels there’s been loads of funeral-free programmes across the network other than the first couple of days, you could easily avoid the tv coverage if you wanted to!

Normality returns from tomorrow - today is the last day of official mourning.

By *lecom1Couple
over a year ago

Stornoway

Next up is the coronation. Charles 1 the civil war and execution. Charles 2 the plague and the great fire of London. What will Charles 3 bring us?

over a year ago

"Next up is the coronation. Charles 1 the civil war and execution. Charles 2 the plague and the great fire of London. What will Charles 3 bring us?"

Holy sh*t I didn't even realise this. Bloody Nora, be on your guard xxx

over a year ago

"Next up is the coronation. Charles 1 the civil war and execution. Charles 2 the plague and the great fire of London. What will Charles 3 bring us?"

The Great Reset. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

By *akie32 OP   Man
over a year ago

winchester

Considering it’s the funeral today, I don’t think you’ll have much longer to be frustrated.

It’s called a 10 day period of mourning for reason (it last 10 days) so nobody should be surprised really and other than the main channels there’s been loads of funeral-free programmes across the network other than the first couple of days, you could easily avoid the tv coverage if you wanted to!

Normality returns from tomorrow - today is the last day of official mourning.

Yes i get all that, but i cant help think that the media are milking it for all its worth

over a year ago

I’m not a royalist at all but do care that a life has passed and therefore, respect and offer sincere condolences to their family...

Today is a special day...

over a year ago

Go back 50 years and there would have been no choice as all you had were three terrestrial tv channels and newspapers which would have covered nothing else.

Now you have multiple terrestrial channels, satellite channels, the internet, streaming and a multitude of print publications.

If you have wanted to avoid coverage of the Queens passing (which largely i have) then its easily done, i have dipped in mainly via websites to see the bits that i have a passing interest in.

Have not seen any of the mainstream tv channels as i no longer have a tv license.

By *JstarsoloWoman
over a year ago

Wombwell, Barnsley

I agree there has been lots of media coverage, but there are many channels now, and it could probably have been avoided if people didn't want to watch. Today is the day of the funeral so maybe not the best day to raise this.

over a year ago

It's easily avoided if you don't like it

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

I can only assume the people who claim there's nothing else being covered think the news begins and ends with their Facebook feed. Of course it's dominating the press but there are plenty of other stories being covered too.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Not really over the top I don't think it's a once in 70 years occurrence for 10 days! That said I have had to limit my watching of proceedings as was getting very maudling! So shall watch the funeral this morning then that b it! Just imagine how drained her family must be? All this public mourning whilst they are mourning their loved one! And there are other things to watch on the TV if desired x

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Now i will say that i an a royalist through and through, and very sad that the queen died.

I, sure this will be an unpopular view, but im sure im not alone."

Nobody HAD to queue to go past the coffin? It was a free choice that people made. I don't understand that bit of your comment.

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Turn the TV off

Put of Netflix

Go for a walk in a forest

Go to the gym

Play solitaire

Lots of options to avoid it

over a year ago

"It's easily avoided if you don't like it"

Agreed. I’m watching Cbeebies

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

Yes it was rammed down our throats on the main channels. But for goodness sake this is our head of state, who has served this country as Queen for 70yrs. Even if you are not a royalist surely this woman deserves your admiration. God save the King

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

She's cold but not buried yet so you've got a week or two to go.

It's more difficult to avoid it here than on t.v. or radio cos even those who are not interested start threads about it and talk about it.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

don't speak ill of the dead

over a year ago

"It's easily avoided if you don't like it

Agreed. I’m watching Cbeebies "

Not Peppa Pig I hope!!

over a year ago

"She's cold but not buried yet so you've got a week or two to go.

It's more difficult to avoid it here than on t.v. or radio cos even those who are not interested start threads about it and talk about it. "

Exactly, people who claim not to be interested are very vocal about it

Post new Message to Thread