Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Moving on

Jump to newest

By *hooter McGavin OP   Man
over a year ago

Exeter

How soon is too soon to start meeting people when your realitionship ends, I still have feelings for my ex but I know there is no going back as it was her that ended it and she needs to be alone, I am talking to people but its still there for me, how much time is enough time

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Whatever you are comfortable with. Everyone deals and heals at different rates.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Don't rush anything. Be honest with yourself and when you feel ready dip your toes in the water.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There's no definitive answer, but from your post I'd say it is clearly too soon for you at the moment.

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

life is a box of chocs you get the shit nobody else wants apart from that

go easy ;you are the only one

who can know

time is on your side yes it is

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Throw yourself into Fab for now and just have fun, forget relationships for a bit.

Worked for me when I split with my wife and I'm back again after I split with my girlfriend... it's great for rebuilding your confidence and ego.

By *hooter McGavin OP   Man
over a year ago

Exeter

"There's no definitive answer, but from your post I'd say it is clearly too soon for you at the moment."

Thanks I think your right

over a year ago

Affairs of the heart vary from person to person, therefore, IMHO, there is no right or wrong.

Some people find it easier to get over relationship issues, myself included; whereas some would be forever looking back and wondering what if's etc. and could not move on, and end up being very bitter and miserable.

Be honest to yourself and do what you feel is right I'd say.

over a year ago

"Throw yourself into Fab for now and just have fun, forget relationships for a bit.

Worked for me when I split with my wife and I'm back again after I split with my girlfriend... it's great for rebuilding your confidence and ego. "

over a year ago

the sooner you start meeting other women, the sooner you will forget about her, you might find someone better too.

over a year ago

For myself, that's the beauty of Fab. I don't need to form a relationship I can just have nsa sex.

I still feel love for my deceased partner but feel no guilt as I haven't formed a relationship and loved anyone else.

Sex is just sex, like scratching an occasional itch.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"There's no definitive answer, but from your post I'd say it is clearly too soon for you at the moment.

Thanks I think your right "

It may be right ,but if you treat fabs as "purely recreational sex" and discount the future partner meeting side (it does happen), then if you can treat it that way, you could start straight away.

Only you know if the guilt trip would be imminent having met another as we are all different .

over a year ago

"For myself, that's the beauty of Fab. I don't need to form a relationship I can just have nsa sex.

I still feel love for my deceased partner but feel no guilt as I haven't formed a relationship and loved anyone else.

Sex is just sex, like scratching an occasional itch. "

Well said!

I am not looking for another person to replace my late partner, or someone to form emotional attachment or dependence.

Just NSA fun now and again.

over a year ago

" move on " A.S.A.P. It's the best way, I say.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"I don't need to form a relationship I can just have nsa sex.

"

We're not here to find new friends, build relationships, etc., etc., we're here for NSA sex

over a year ago

Personally, I find peeps with hang ups about previous relationships not very attractive as potential meets.

over a year ago

you will know when the time is right.

good luck.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I think you will instinctively know when the times is right. People will advise you, friends may tell you to move on and everybody is likely to mean well in what they say. But it is you who was in the relationship, it is you who is still hurting and nobody can quite understand what it is like to be you... because they aren't. Time will heal, it varies form one to another and depends on a number of things... bottom line is that you remain alert to the fact that you are not ready. Christmas time can a difficult time to manage! Best of luck x

Post new Message to Thread