Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Offence

Jump to newest

By *imAndBarb OP   Couple
over a year ago

chester

Do people purposely go out of their way to be angry on forum? Ask a simple question or have a different opinion and heads fall off!

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Mexico!! PAH!

Reply privately

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Do people purposely go out of their way to be angry on forum? Ask a simple question or have a different opinion and heads fall off! "

Me heads never fallen off, it sounds kinda painful tbh

Reply privately

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Mexico!! PAH! "

Si si

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Do people purposely go out of their way to be angry on forum? Ask a simple question or have a different opinion and heads fall off! "

Whaaaat!! Im fuckin furious you asked such a thing!!!

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Do people purposely go out of their way to be angry on forum? Ask a simple question or have a different opinion and heads fall off!

Whaaaat!! Im fuckin furious you asked such a thing!!! "

Not more furious than I

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it really depends on the question/opinion, op:

"Tomatoes should be banned" ~ unreasonable to be offended.

"Abortion should be banned" ~ reasonable to be offended.

(not saying you said either, just giving examples)

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Some do, some don't,I suppose.

I do think it's pretty sad when it happens. And, to see someone getting it in the neck for asking something in earnest well,I don't like it one bit.

I can only imagine how that person must feel afterwards!

Reply privately

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Hmmm some people do challenge others I think just to be arseholes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being a little disingenuous here methinks

People don't get banned for no reason

Reply privately

over a year ago

In answer to your question the art of conversation is lost, it’s all instant gratification or ‘they’ are the enemy, it’s all polarisation and if you don’t agree with me ‘you’ are the enemy, there’s no long form conversation so any actual debate is reduced to trying to get your point across which never ends well because people don’t give you time, everyone thinks they need a label to survive, whilst still believing they are right and you are wrong, there is no nuance and subtlety, we are divided and yet still are expected to stop wars heal the planet and push for a better tomorrow….. send help

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I think some people deliberately post statements and comments that are intended to generate a 'WTAF?' response from the majority.

There are those that seem to get off on starting controversial threads knowing the response they'll get. Some at least hang around and try and rationalise their views whilst others chuck in the hand grenade and sit back and watch from the sidelines.

It's always been the same.

And what you may think are angry people often aren't. They just don't put up with other people's bullshit and inability to hold a reasoned argument, so instead of sitting back and biting their tongues they'll challenge what they see as offensive or indefensible comments.

Which is of course their right, as much as it is those that start controversial posts in the first place.

A

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I only post sympathy shag posts. They generate a lot of nausea. So I’m told. Although, naturellement, I ignored the doom sayer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do people purposely go out of their way to be angry on forum? Ask a simple question or have a different opinion and heads fall off!

I think some people deliberately post statements and comments that are intended to generate a 'WTAF?' response from the majority.

There are those that seem to get off on starting controversial threads knowing the response they'll get. Some at least hang around and try and rationalise their views whilst others chuck in the hand grenade and sit back and watch from the sidelines.

And what you may think are angry people often aren't. They just don't put up with other people's bullshit and inability to hold a reasoned argument, so instead of sitting back and biting their tongues they'll challenge what they see as offensive or indefensible comments.

Which is of course their right, as much as it is those that start controversial posts in the first place.

A"

Bit like what the op did with the queen topic...knowing what reaction it would get at the time

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyway, squirting is just wee isn’t it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

chester

"Anyway, squirting is just wee isn’t it? "

Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

chester

A

Bit like what the op did with the queen topic...knowing what reaction it would get at the time"

See? Simple question got someone all upset!

Reply privately

over a year ago

chester

"In answer to your question the art of conversation is lost, it’s all instant gratification or ‘they’ are the enemy, it’s all polarisation and if you don’t agree with me ‘you’ are the enemy, there’s no long form conversation so any actual debate is reduced to trying to get your point across which never ends well because people don’t give you time, everyone thinks they need a label to survive, whilst still believing they are right and you are wrong, there is no nuance and subtlety, we are divided and yet still are expected to stop wars heal the planet and push for a better tomorrow….. send help"

Well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

chester

Me heads never fallen off, it sounds kinda painful tbh "

I’ve never lost a rag but people seem to all the time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

chester

Whaaaat!! Im fuckin furious you asked such a thing!!! "

It’s your right! Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

A

Bit like what the op did with the queen topic...knowing what reaction it would get at the time

See? Simple question got someone all upset!"

I dont think you can judge my emotional state..I couldn't give a monkeys tbf, besides, I dont think you're intelligent enough to get my back up

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's simply a reflection on society.

Some get off on being offensive, where as others get off on finding offence where it was intended.

Don't kink shame.

It's definitely a first world privilege.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deliberately agitating the masses on a harmless topic is a little childish but in the end still harmless even if it's not exactly fun.

Deliberately calculating how to post to cause maximum upset or offence is a whole other level of psychology that I don't want to dip in to on a Saturday night

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yeah probably.

Love the username op

Reply privately

over a year ago

Billy Goats Gruff.

Reply privately

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

Why I outta

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's actually less the offence and more the judgement that I object to - there's lots of judgement without taking time to consider context or intent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Has happened the forum over, it's age old, the worst is when the regular posters start having a pop; they are ones who get away with poking others unchallenged because they're 'popular' but God forbid a non regular says something the masses don't like...tramp on chips spring to mind

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Has happened the forum over, it's age old, the worst is when the regular posters start having a pop; they are ones who get away with poking others unchallenged because they're 'popular' but God forbid a non regular says something the masses don't like...tramp on chips spring to mind

"

, tramp on chips? Sorry I’ve never heard that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Has happened the forum over, it's age old, the worst is when the regular posters start having a pop; they are ones who get away with poking others unchallenged because they're 'popular' but God forbid a non regular says something the masses don't like...tramp on chips spring to mind

, tramp on chips? Sorry I’ve never heard that "

Yup, on it like a tramp on chips

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yup, on it like a tramp on chips "

Wow. Every day is a school day

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yup, on it like a tramp on chips

Wow. Every day is a school day "

I think it is a Shelleyism (made up by me) tbf

Reply privately

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

opinions like are arse holes everbody got one,,

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think some people are just a bit more arsed than others in certain contexts

Nobody's opinions are ever going to define who I am or what I beleive so I'm not really fussed some people though, will disagree and make a meal of it

Witherspoon say don't let other people's opinions affect yours because everyone's different

This its just my opinion btw

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would say yes 100%. People like to find offence where offence isn't intentually ment.

Fine example. Jerry Sadowitz at Edinburgh Festival.

This is a man who stays out of MSM spotlight. Has not changed his act in decades. Actively encourages people not to come see him if they are easily offended.

Yet was cancelled after 2 nights at the festival because of complaints about his act.

This to me screams of people looking for offence.

Why go see an act just to be offended and make complaints.

I don't get this logic

Reply privately

By *tylebender03Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Yeah I think so - it’s crazy out here

Reply privately

over a year ago

My offence was awesome today i scored 4 trys

Reply privately

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"opinions like are arse holes everbody got one,,"

And plenty of them smell like shit

Reply privately

over a year ago

"opinions like are arse holes everbody got one,,

And plenty of them smell like shit"

Reply privately

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Don't forget there will be those who reply cuntingly due to remembering something offensive said by the person they're replying to.

If ya trigger people prepare to take a bullet (figuratively of course)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't forget there will be those who reply cuntingly due to remembering something offensive said by the person they're replying to.

If ya trigger people prepare to take a bullet (figuratively of course)"

I'm prepared alright. Took many a bullet. I've been banned from here more times than I care to remember.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's probably due to some people on the site having very little intelligence

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's probably due to some people on the site having very little intelligence"

Or nothing better to do

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes - I remember when I told someone that a thread they had started read like a bunch of whining children… he sent me a message giving a lot of abuse… which just reconfirmed what I written in the thread… you wonder if these people act like in real life - sadly they probably do

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't get me wrong there are some genuine shockers out there that do need to be pulled up but there's alot more that's quite hypocritical too

It's not unique to here - society as a whole has been walking down the road of being offended and especially on behalf of someone else

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

I think we are all a tad guilty of saying stuff on a forum thread we may not in a face to face conversation.

But some folks are just plain nasty and social media is their vehicle of choice.

We did recognise the name from various forum posts when in a club so trotted off over to them and said "hello, are you xyz, we're Liz and Paul, we recognise your names from the FAB forum posts"

You would have thought we'd just slapped them around the chops, not so vocal in real life.

Bless em.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Clearly

The amount of people on here frothing at the mouth at the most mundane shit

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I think we are all a tad guilty of saying stuff on a forum thread we may not in a face to face conversation.

"

Nah I drop some fairly substantial bollocks in person too As for BB she is a proper social hand grenade

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dunno, there's no nuance, body language, tone, all these things that help infer intent and meaning.

It's just words, and in isolation they can take on the bias of the readers, twisting intentions or points.

Granted, some people like to stir it up, others are a bit too severe and like to competitive virtue signal etc, but ya know, it's just the inter-webs, none of its real, none of it matters really.

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"

Nah I drop some fairly substantial bollocks in person too As for BB she is a proper social hand grenade "

Who's BB

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Nah I drop some fairly substantial bollocks in person too As for BB she is a proper social hand grenade

Who's BB "

That would be Bad Bitch

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anyway, squirting is just wee isn’t it? "

It’s not milk

Reply privately

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

"

Who's BB

That would be Bad Bitch "

Never heard of her, is she famous.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It seems to me that there are more and more people getting frustrated about people getting offended… let it go op. Let it go.

Reply privately

over a year ago

chester

"It seems to me that there are more and more people getting frustrated about people getting offended… let it go op. Let it go. "

Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

chester

Sorry I couldn’t respond! Had another ban! Me and my sarcasm eh?? Hope that’s ok!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In answer to your question the art of conversation is lost, it’s all instant gratification or ‘they’ are the enemy, it’s all polarisation and if you don’t agree with me ‘you’ are the enemy, there’s no long form conversation so any actual debate is reduced to trying to get your point across which never ends well because people don’t give you time, everyone thinks they need a label to survive, whilst still believing they are right and you are wrong, there is no nuance and subtlety, we are divided and yet still are expected to stop wars heal the planet and push for a better tomorrow….. send help"

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Depends on the question or opinion tbh! I have learnt not to get involved in triggering (for me) threads anymore! Don't get me wrong I'm not an angry person generally very laid back! And hope I'm never rude! But yes I avoid them best I can! X

Reply privately

over a year ago

chester

"Depends on the question or opinion tbh! I have learnt not to get involved in triggering (for me) threads anymore! Don't get me wrong I'm not an angry person generally very laid back! And hope I'm never rude! But yes I avoid them best I can! X"

Yeah….I’m being good now!!

Reply privately

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple
over a year ago

Weymouth

I try to be diplomatic even when I have strong feelings about something, just as I would in person! I make effort not to be a keyboard warrior lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Who's BB

That would be Bad Bitch

Never heard of her, is she famous. "

She is in my house

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sorry I couldn’t respond! Had another ban! Me and my sarcasm eh?? Hope that’s ok! "

Oh dear - I haven't been banned so far - must keep my posts the right side of sardonic then

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tbh if your consistently getting banned its not that people enmass are taking offence it's that someone doesn't like you and are waiting for any slight infringement on the rules to report you

Reply privately

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Did you know that discussing a forum ban on the forum is a bannable offence?

You could get banned again for talking about your ban.

On the forum.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I see you in that light. You come over as very assumptive and love to cherry pick and misconstrue.

You'll develop though as you don't seem totally lacking.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Tbh if your consistently getting banned its not that people enmass are taking offence it's that someone doesn't like you and are waiting for any slight infringement on the rules to report you"

Could be. Or maybe..... just maybe no one complained at all and a mod acted in the best interests of fab.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Tbh if your consistently getting banned its not that people enmass are taking offence it's that someone doesn't like you and are waiting for any slight infringement on the rules to report you

Could be. Or maybe..... just maybe no one complained at all and a mod acted in the best interests of fab. "

*crickets*

Reply privately

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple
over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

Isn't it just a microcosm of the world in that respect. Can remember people who purposefully went out of their way t get offended and writing into the BBC expressing their outrage at a nipple or "fuck" in a BBC 2 film shown at 1am.

For some people it seems to be their form of entertainment.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

A

See? Simple question got someone all upset!"

No they are not. They made a statement. You put the emotion on to them. So .... you see.... you're upset.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you know that discussing a forum ban on the forum is a bannable offence?

On the forum."

Good job that I was talking about not being banned then - or can you be banned for talking about not being banned? I'm confused

Maybe it's like fight club - nobody talks about ban club

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm offended by the question of which royal I'd fuck on the day if the queen's funeral

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"I'm offended by the question of which royal I'd fuck on the day if the queen's funeral "

x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Tbh if your consistently getting banned its not that people enmass are taking offence it's that someone doesn't like you and are waiting for any slight infringement on the rules to report you

Could be. Or maybe..... just maybe no one complained at all and a mod acted in the best interests of fab. "

I agree, the mods are always watching and not idiots needing told.

But that wouldn't serve the 'poor me' narrative so well.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I'm offended by the question of which royal I'd fuck on the day if the queen's funeral "

Are you teasing O ?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Tbh if your consistently getting banned its not that people enmass are taking offence it's that someone doesn't like you and are waiting for any slight infringement on the rules to report you"

As long as people follow the forum rules they won't get banned it's got nothing to do with people not liking anybody. Mods use the forum too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm actually really difficult to offend - no that's not a challenge

This is at best very poor taste and undoubtedly either really daftly posted or deliberately fishing in a barrel.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Most times it will be a Mod read it, decide it broke rules, so banned the person

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Did you know that discussing a forum ban on the forum is a bannable offence?

On the forum.

Anything is a banning offence on here: I once had a 3 day timeout for posting (verbatim, except the name) “This is a new low, even you you, [name]”

Was it Granny ?

Let’s say it was someone who posts deliberately provocative opinions that are supposedly part of the current national conversation… the one in particular was asking if female athletes should man up when competing while menstruating…"

Definitely not me then. Now I need to fire up my spidey sense and work that out

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Oh yeah ......

The tingles tell it all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh yeah ......

The tingles tell it all."

Okay who's tingling granny - stop it right now or it's nawty step for both of ya

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Sorry I couldn’t respond! Had another ban! Me and my sarcasm eh?? Hope that’s ok! "

It wasn't the sarcasm that got you a ban. It was the breaking a forum rule

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"I'm offended by the question of which royal I'd fuck on the day if the queen's funeral

Are you teasing O ? "

Nope

Reply privately

over a year ago

As long as people follow the forum rules they won't get banned it's got nothing to do with people not liking anybody. Mods use the forum too."

Maybe this is my experience on the Ireland page.

It wasn't a criticism. I don't think anyone expects the mods to be going through each thread all the time.

If the OP has pissed off one or two people and they report anytime a rule is broken then the OP will get above average amount of bans.

Tbf alot of us technically break site rules daily but they aren't flagged.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Can people remember attacking any user or Mods on the forum is against rules

This and other threads that were removed were designed to inflame so I am going to close this now.

Reply privately