Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fake Profiles Everywhere..

Jump to newest

By *trong2jz OP   Man
over a year ago

Grays

Why so many fake profiles nowadays? How can one have so much time to waste? What's their goal with it?

Any ideas?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What do you mean they are fake?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Define fake?

If they're easy enough for you to spot are they not easy enough for you to avoid and block?

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Wank material, obviously.

over a year ago

Well my names not Dan, although I am from Berkshire. Am I semi-fake?

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

https://youtu.be/vN1RYACiXNs

Winston

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

how can you spot a fake profile,,

over a year ago

We’re fake. We’ve created a network of fake profiles that all verify each other and we sell verified profiles for £8.50 and a packet of wine gums.

over a year ago

One reason is to stalk people that have blocked or otherwise rejected you.

It happened to us.

over a year ago

I have had my photos used by other profiles, I'm trying to work out how to watermark mine, I'm not very technically orientated, any advice would be great, I use a galaxy a12 thing

By *TF01Man
over a year ago

Bristol

No idea what an LTF is.

Oh and I look nothing like my profile picture.

Upto you if you if you think I'm fake

By *TF01Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"I have had my photos used by other profiles, I'm trying to work out how to watermark mine, I'm not very technically orientated, any advice would be great, I use a galaxy a12 thing "

Google it bud

Pretty sure you can use a free editor called Gimp

By *TF01Man
over a year ago

Bristol

"I have had my photos used by other profiles, I'm trying to work out how to watermark mine, I'm not very technically orientated, any advice would be great, I use a galaxy a12 thing "

Try this Bud

How to make a watermark in 5 easy steps

Open your logo, or make one with graphics and/or text.

Create a transparent background for your watermark.

Add the watermark image on top of a photo.

Use the Fade slider to adjust the watermark's transparency.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/09/22 19:37:29]

over a year ago

Thanks mate, appreciate it

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Don't rely on watermarks. I have my name on every pic and it didn't stop 3 established male forumites from taking them and attaching them to messages as their own without ammending them.

They also copied and pasted my entire bio on their profiles and blocked me so I couldn't see.

I only found out when 4 or 5 others contacted me to tell me what they were doing.

Not all fake profiles are popups from newbies and trolls.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I can understand stalkers but not aware a general problem. Fab relies on us all to report suspicious inappropriate behaviour

over a year ago

Is this fake as in something which suggests they are actually fake? Or fake as in you’re not getting the response you expected on here therefore they are fake err fake?

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I caught someone out using a fitness models pics... His defence was that he did really look like him and it was for discretion

By *oobyHotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Thurrock

I doubt there fakes it's just different reasons for being here, some people actually want to meet, others just want wank fodder

over a year ago

I've found a fair few women using pictures from online shopping sites! How on earth do they get past the admins!?

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"how can you spot a fake profile"

The fake ones are fit. Counterfeit.

over a year ago

I agree I report daily same pic different profile every other day why can't they block ip address

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I've found a fair few women using pictures from online shopping sites! How on earth do they get past the admins!? "

Because checks are rarely done. It's a quick.kob but as pic mods are volunteers I suspect many will just push a button and online it goes. They're probably more focused on rule breaches re content and faces of 3rd parties showing than checking someone isn't an American z-list celebrity or budget model from an online shopping channel.....

A

over a year ago

It is difficult to fully recognise fakes especially when as we get to a certain age life sometimes makes things complicated.

I'm 100% genuine and have just been called out as a fake all for being open and honest about my current situation.

I guess when there are so many fakes it's difficult to differentiate and faith falters.

over a year ago

"I can understand stalkers but not aware a general problem. Fab relies on us all to report suspicious inappropriate behaviour "

I tried this but there was a captcha and I'm not that bothered

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I’m not fake, I really do look like a silhouette

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm very real. It's just bits of me that are fake

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Wank material, obviously. "
that’s what my profile is, apparently. ‘No,madam’, I said, ‘it’s for perusing at leisure not an aid to thrumming one out in the adverts’.

By *trong2jz OP   Man
over a year ago

Grays

By fake I meant that there are duplicate profiles with the same pictures. That way they discredit the original profile as well,coz you don't know which one to trust.

Also I have seen that they create multiple profiles with very similar names and with the exactly same pics in different areas.

Also if you browse the new people tab often you can see that there are certain people appearing again and again within a very short period of time. I assume that they got reported and just created an another account.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"By fake I meant that there are duplicate profiles with the same pictures. That way they discredit the original profile as well,coz you don't know which one to trust.

Also I have seen that they create multiple profiles with very similar names and with the exactly same pics in different areas.

Also if you browse the new people tab often you can see that there are certain people appearing again and again within a very short period of time. I assume that they got reported and just created an another account. "

It seems as if you can spot a fake then..? Which means, with elegant logic, that you can avoid interacting with them. Problemo solved.

Post new Message to Thread