Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kindness

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Covid brought out the best in people to help others, it takes the Queen to die to see the next national outpouring of grief,kindness call it what you like. Do we need major events like these to show that people actually care ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No we see it daily we just don't notice it.

Every time someone waves someone out of a turning, let's a person with only one item in front of them in the supermarket queue of smiles at a stranger we witness kindness. It seems to me that unless it's a huge gesture nobody notices

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"No we see it daily we just don't notice it.

Every time someone waves someone out of a turning, let's a person with only one item in front of them in the supermarket queue of smiles at a stranger we witness kindness. It seems to me that unless it's a huge gesture nobody notices"

Totally agree ^^^

By *haggydogMan
over a year ago

Brooklands/London

Every time someone waves someone out of a turning, let's a person with only one item in front of them in the supermarket queue of smiles at a stranger we witness kindness. It seems to me that unless it's a huge gesture nobody notices"

I'm all for those little acts of kindness. They make a real difference.

over a year ago

Every time someone waves someone out of a turning, let's a person with only one item in front of them in the supermarket queue of smiles at a stranger we witness kindness. It seems to me that unless it's a huge gesture nobody notices

Totally agree ^^^ "

Agree with the agreement above

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

No. It's around us all the time, if we care to look for it. And we can give morw of it, if we put ourselves aside from being our only focus.

over a year ago

It’s not kindness If we doing it to be noticed or anything

Kindness is everywhere but some just don’t bordcast it just comes second nature to us

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

All depends how your eyes see the world.. I certainly wouldn't say I saw kindness during covid ... I saw a lot of hostility, judgement rudeness selfishness and in general ridiculous behaviour.. also a lot of stupidity..

over a year ago

"Covid brought out the best in people to help others, it takes the Queen to die to see the next national outpouring of grief,kindness call it what you like. Do we need major events like these to show that people actually care ? "

Agree with all the comments, but my perception is that a smaller percentage is kind all the time, and a larger percentage fall vack to old habits way too easily

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 16/09/22 02:42:04]

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

[Removed by poster at 16/09/22 02:42:26]

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

You just have to open your eyes (and maybe switch off the TV) and maybe you don’t see it because you don’t do it

I see it all the time, and I also encourage it whenever I can. Everyday we are given choices,,most of the time there’s a choice to demonstrate kindness. Yesterday I insisted a member of staff works from home until their childcare issues are solved. A week ago I told someone struggling to get a visa their annual leave will roll over against company policy , I made them a promise. When I was stuck in Nigeria on my birthday ,the team arranged a surprise party in the office for me. Some woman I barely know here insists on doing all my laundry and ironing !

By *ornyhun69Woman
over a year ago

Wales

"All depends how your eyes see the world.. I certainly wouldn't say I saw kindness during covid ... I saw a lot of hostility, judgement rudeness selfishness and in general ridiculous behaviour.. also a lot of stupidity.. "

This ^^ I saw far more bad than good during covid

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Being kind and thoughtful to others doesn't just make them happy it makes yourself happy.. some people don't realise that .. it's a circle .. one thing I STRONGLY acknowledge on this earth is karma and the balance of ying yang.. it's not religious it's the way of the earth .. we're meant to live in harmony but unfortunately there are people that have manipulated the world and give reason for war to divide us

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

The last few days have also seen an outpouring of hatred and nastiness. Harry dares hold hands with Meghan and there is a torrent of spite against them. Nothing against other royal couples that have also been seen holding hands.

People that have quite clearly been affected badly by the sudden rewriting of history around Prince Andrew (formerly HRH, stripped of that by his mother for disgracing the name of the royal family, seemingly reinstated the moment she died) say something in public and are beaten, arrested and vilified. The new truss minister uses the occasion to throw under the bus all who are poor and hungry and liable to freeze to death this winter, any dissent being deemed unpatriotic and offensive to the queen.

I don't see any great coming together of the people of the United Kingdom. I see one section of the people affected by grief, while being manipulated and taken advantage of by government, media and big money. I see another section of the people that are weighed under by their own problems who are being castigated for daring to worry about their own families. I see Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland being told that they should tug their forelocks to their English masters. I see racial hatred, religious hatred, social division, intolerance of "the other" in every form. I see a country where a person can be arrested for holding a blank piece of paper and half the population will scream that it is only right and proper that they should be arrested.

Kindness, tolerance, decency, charity, goodness are things that have been chipped away at for the last twenty years, and IMHO the death of the queen has revealed a rot within British society that I do not see this country recovering from during my lifetime.

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"All depends how your eyes see the world.. I certainly wouldn't say I saw kindness during covid ... I saw a lot of hostility, judgement rudeness selfishness and in general ridiculous behaviour.. also a lot of stupidity..

This ^^ I saw far more bad than good during covid "

100% ... nothing but division and judgement and pier pressure

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

[Removed by poster at 16/09/22 03:00:08]

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yeah all forms of nationalism are going to struggle with this idea because kindness shouldn’t be conditional on where you we’re born, that’s the opposite of kindness.

You don’t need the country to pull together, it’s an outdated concept , just be kind to everyone and forget about things like borders and race

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"In the shop yesterday they got a new coffee machine. My daughter works there and said to try the syrup in it. I saw it was 25p per pump and just as I was moaning about that a lady came In, heard a part opf the covo. She thought I hadn't enough money and offered to pay for a pump of syrup.

Then again a few times I've helped out someone who needs a few pence kat the the till.."

This is humanity .. this is how we should all be living

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

Posted in the wrong one...lol

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"In the shop yesterday they got a new coffee machine. My daughter works there and said to try the syrup in it. I saw it was 25p per pump and just as I was moaning about that a lady came In, heard a part opf the covo. She thought I hadn't enough money and offered to pay for a pump of syrup.

Then again a few times I've helped out someone who needs a few pence kat the the till..

This is humanity .. this is how we should all be living "

I deleted ot as thought I'd posted in the wrong one.

I must say I'm very very lucky with the street I live in. I know the names of most of my neighbours, my next door one is awesome. When we had the earthquake my neighbor came straight round to check I was ok. For about 10 years now, every news years eve, at 11, alot of us all gather out side my house, because I have the brightest Xmas lights outside haha my. Last year one next door did hot snacks and brought her sound system and disco lights out, I'd done a play list snd they stupidlygave me a microphone so i could mc smd tell jokes.

, the other next side, he brought his bbq out and cooked hot dogs and burgers.. before covid when I had all my garden done and fencing..we got one panel that we can kinda flip round so like a table or have so we can just go into their garden. And that was before it came a thing amd all over YouTube.

End of story. .

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Being kind and thoughtful to others doesn't just make them happy it makes yourself happy.. some people don't realise that .. it's a circle .. one thing I STRONGLY acknowledge on this earth is karma and the balance of ying yang.. it's not religious it's the way of the earth .. we're meant to live in harmony but unfortunately there are people that have manipulated the world and give reason for war to divide us "

Treat other how you'd like to be treated yourself, just don't expect them to.

Treat other people how they treat you..i don't think i could.

By *JstarsoloWoman
over a year ago

Wombwell, Barnsley

"Covid brought out the best in people to help others, it takes the Queen to die to see the next national outpouring of grief,kindness call it what you like. Do we need major events like these to show that people actually care ? "

No. Covid also brought out the worst in people. Same with the Queens death. I suppose it depends how you see the world and miss all the small acts of kindness. If you're waiting for a great event to be kind that's very sad.

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Covid brought out the best in people to help others, it takes the Queen to die to see the next national outpouring of grief,kindness call it what you like. Do we need major events like these to show that people actually care ?

No. Covid also brought out the worst in people. Same with the Queens death. I suppose it depends how you see the world and miss all the small acts of kindness. If you're waiting for a great event to be kind that's very sad. "

The whole queen thing blows my mind.. she's the exact opposite of any form of kindness.. she hid away like a coward after Diana died.. wanted to strip her of her title and refused to give her the Welsh royal flag on her coffin.. refused to fly the Vlad at half mast as that was only for herself.. paid the young girl off that her son fiddled with with loud tax payers money. I could list emote and more .. what had she ever done for any of you .. nothing

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

"Covid brought out the best in people to help others, it takes the Queen to die to see the next national outpouring of grief,kindness call it what you like. Do we need major events like these to show that people actually care ?

No. Covid also brought out the worst in people. Same with the Queens death. I suppose it depends how you see the world and miss all the small acts of kindness. If you're waiting for a great event to be kind that's very sad.

The whole queen thing blows my mind.. she's the exact opposite of any form of kindness.. she hid away like a coward after Diana died.. wanted to strip her of her title and refused to give her the Welsh royal flag on her coffin.. refused to fly the Vlad at half mast as that was only for herself.. paid the young girl off that her son fiddled with with loud tax payers money. I could list emote and more .. what had she ever done for any of you .. nothing "

Poor misspelling there was typing too quick.. unpopular opinion I'm sure but I don't care I know what I'm saying .. nothing good about the royals.. pure corruption and evil

over a year ago

Everyday when a person gets up they have a choice to be a decent , kind , caring , helpful human being or they can be an a**hole to people in everyway, don't be an a***hole.

over a year ago

Im not, its just my perception of the two events.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Big acts of kindness are all a facade so said person can get social media famous , kindness is the little things, holding the door open, letting that car pull out, sitting patiently behind the Honda jazz doing 15 in a 50.

The mr.

over a year ago

If Hollywood has tonight me anything, we need an alien attack to bring us together or a zombie outbreak to make my neighbour my enemy.

over a year ago

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I see hatefulnessband unpleasantness every day. I also see both small acts of kindness as well as some incredible acts of selflessness and compassion. It was the same in covid and with the Queens death. Some people are awful to each other and some are incredibly kind to each other. Human beings for you.

Post new Message to Thread