Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Capture

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We have just finished watching season one of the capture and thoroughly enjoyed it but it definitely brought up some moral questions. Without any spoilers does the means justify the ends?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No! Or maybe yes?

Going to be honest, I haven’t seen it.

But bumping back to the top anyway for those that have.

over a year ago

"No! Or maybe yes?

Going to be honest, I haven’t seen it.

But bumping back to the top anyway for those that have. "

Thank you.

It's a little niche and crypted but I didn't water have any spoilers. You should give it a watch.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Great series - I’ve just been watching series 2

Do you mean is ‘Correction’ (if the technology were perfected) ever justified?

In the series, it is expressed that it is only used in cases wherein the suspect is known to be guilty but objective proof is not presently forthcoming, therefore justifying the fabrication, which efficaciously expedites a legal case against them.

It ultimately comes down to a question therefore, if we trust the shadowy powers behind the scenes to only go after nefarious individuals…

over a year ago

"We have just finished watching season one of the capture and thoroughly enjoyed it but it definitely brought up some moral questions. Without any spoilers does the means justify the ends? "

It brilliant and does actually make you think what is possible (or already being used)

over a year ago

"Great series - I’ve just been watching series 2

Do you mean is ‘Correction’ (if the technology were perfected) ever justified?

In the series, it is expressed that it is only used in cases wherein the suspect is known to be guilty but objective proof is not presently forthcoming, therefore justifying the fabrication, which efficaciously expedites a legal case against them.

It ultimately comes down to a question therefore, if we trust the shadowy powers behind the scenes to only go after nefarious individuals… "

Absolutely correction that I was referring to. We know deep fakes is a reality. I started out thinking correction with a bad guys and the people who did the fair video the good guys, now I'm not so sure.

over a year ago

"We have just finished watching season one of the capture and thoroughly enjoyed it but it definitely brought up some moral questions. Without any spoilers does the means justify the ends?

It brilliant and does actually make you think what is possible (or already being used)"

Definitely.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

1 episode left to watch in 2nd series. I've liked both.

over a year ago

"We have just finished watching season one of the capture and thoroughly enjoyed it but it definitely brought up some moral questions. Without any spoilers does the means justify the ends? "

What’s it’s showing on?

over a year ago

"We have just finished watching season one of the capture and thoroughly enjoyed it but it definitely brought up some moral questions. Without any spoilers does the means justify the ends?

What’s it’s showing on? "

Iplayer.

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Haven’t seen it but just finished Halo (yes sci-fi) but it’s all about the morality and consequences of body and mental “correction” to an extreme. And shooty stuff. Much better than I thought it would be.

over a year ago

"Haven’t seen it but just finished Halo (yes sci-fi) but it’s all about the morality and consequences of body and mental “correction” to an extreme. And shooty stuff. Much better than I thought it would be. "

Oh thats interesting, We haven't watched this yet but it is on our watch list.

Post new Message to Thread