Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should the press be regulated?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I will be the first person to stick up for freedom of speech etc as we live in a democracy and not a dictatorship like china.

But surely something has to be done to stop the scumbag/dirt/filth press from printing stories they know are fake and tarnishing peoples reputations.

What are your thoughts fellow fabsters?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"I will be the first person to stick up for freedom of speech etc as we live in a democracy and not a dictatorship like china.

But surely something has to be done to stop the scumbag/dirt/filth press from printing stories they know are fake and tarnishing peoples reputations.

What are your thoughts fellow fabsters?"

I would take issue with your description of China as a dictatorship. Who is the dictator? Authoritarian Communist hierarchy and certainly not a democracy - agree with you there. On the point at issue agree that the press should be accountable - too many lives affected by false "stories". That said it should not be shackled, just responsible.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

this country is no democracy

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"I will be the first person to stick up for freedom of speech etc as we live in a democracy and not a dictatorship like china.

What are your thoughts fellow fabsters?"

Gas Mark 6

Post new Message to Thread