FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How much effort do you go to with wrapping Christmas presents?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you wrap them ruff and ready or do you go to town with extras?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

wrapping paper bows & ribbon for family (however not doing that this year)

and just wrapping paper that all has to co ordinate and be decent not just cheap flimsy stuff

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"wrapping paper bows & ribbon for family (however not doing that this year)

and just wrapping paper that all has to co ordinate and be decent not just cheap flimsy stuff"

same here then into Christmas bags to keep them all together

over a year ago

my family always say its a shame to rip the presents open cos i always coordinate paper with tags and put bows and ribbon on lol..i love wrapping prezzies!

over a year ago

and just wrapping paper that all has to co ordinate and be decent not just cheap flimsy stuff"

I can't fault you on that as they do look good naively wrapped but the cost adds up. I have just added up I have spent just over £30 on wrapping material.

over a year ago

and just wrapping paper that all has to co ordinate and be decent not just cheap flimsy stuff

same here then into Christmas bags to keep them all together "

i tend to wrap all presents for one person in the same paper, and then a different paper for another person so you dont have to hunt for the tags to see who gifts are from

ALWAYS write a list out too so i know who kindly gave me which gift so i can write a thank you letter. Done that since i was about 7 i think

over a year ago

same here then into Christmas bags to keep them all together "

The full monte for you then

over a year ago

i tend to wrap all presents for one person in the same paper, and then a different paper for another person so you dont have to hunt for the tags to see who gifts are from

ALWAYS write a list out too so i know who kindly gave me which gift so i can write a thank you letter. Done that since i was about 7 i think "

I do the same with the same paper but always forget to make a list and then rack my brain to remember who gave what.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

ALWAYS write a list out too so i know who kindly gave me which gift so i can write a thank you letter. Done that since i was about 7 i think "

well seeing you are my daughter......

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

The full monte for you then "

always

over a year ago

It depends on who the presents are for

Parents, it's carefully wrapped with a few extra trimmings;

Kids, different paper for each, and Santa presents are different again, no extra trimming and light on the sellotape, for ease of ripping

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

Last year I found a charity stall that was wrapping prezzies 50p-£1 depending on size. Took all the hassle of buying paper/tape and wrestling with the damn things and a charity benefitted

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Knobs and whistles here.

Whistles for the kids. Knobs for the friends

over a year ago

Paper, I do the classic ribbon around them, then tag and a bow to hide knot. I hate wrapping tins of chocolates.

over a year ago

"Last year I found a charity stall that was wrapping prezzies 50p-£1 depending on size. Took all the hassle of buying paper/tape and wrestling with the damn things and a charity benefitted"

Oh what a good idea. If I could find a place that did that they'd make a mint from me! I detest wrapping and usually just chuck the gifts in a Christmas bag under a load of coloured shredded tissue paper.

It's just another part of the great arse-gravy of Christmas that I hate with a passion.

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

All my paper matches ribbons bows and some extra pretty stuff such as mini baubles and gift tags. I have already wrapped everything just waiting for 4 more things to be delivered.

over a year ago

I do a bad job so someone else can do it

over a year ago

im so sad, i actually wrap all of the presents so that they match my tree theme and decorations for the year

over a year ago

Christmas presents??

Bah.Humbug!

over a year ago

I love wrapping presents! I really go to town with specific papers for people but it all has to coordinate under the tree as well. So matching papers, ribbons, tags and the children usually get little pom-pom snowmen, santas and reindeer for their gift tags.

over a year ago

"Do you wrap them ruff and ready or do you go to town with extras? "

Loads of extras on the wrapping paper. Its just lovely to watch the younger grandchildren ripping the paper to bits to get at the gifts. Think it makes them more excited. We have ten of them (grandchildren that is). The older ones just take their time lol

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"I love wrapping presents! I really go to town with specific papers for people but it all has to coordinate under the tree as well. So matching papers, ribbons, tags and the children usually get little pom-pom snowmen, santas and reindeer for their gift tags.

"

I find the pound shops are good for those, get between four and six of them for..................£1

By *iker BullMan
over a year ago

leeds

Cant wait to see both my daughters face's on xmas day,my brother has just gone back to oz after a month staying here with me,he bought a cpl of jackets and some shoes and handbags for the wifey from harvey nichols,and he has left me two huge harvey nicks bags,so im gonna buy them some tights and wrap em up well and deliver them in the said bags,,cant wait to see the utter disgust and dissapointment

over a year ago

i am brill at wrapping pressies and always have them coordinated and pretty.

However hubby will just scrag a bit of paper around something and write a name on it in biro lol

over a year ago

My wrapping looks like something similar to how chippys wrap your food

over a year ago

Siren's always envious of my wrapping skills. They are perfect and seamless and I do it without even concentrating. Siren's looks like they've been five rounds with a bull mastiff.

over a year ago

My parents are retired newsagents so I'm a little obsessive with good quality wrapping paper and cards. Christmas cards are ones that I've taken and had printed and I like gift boxes to wrap presents in.

I do have some presents that I use paper for but I always buy oddments of ribbons to tie them up with.

So yes I'm obsessive about wrapping presents so they look gorgeous

over a year ago

I'm rubbish at wrapping presents so someone else does them for me

over a year ago

"I love wrapping presents! I really go to town with specific papers for people but it all has to coordinate under the tree as well. So matching papers, ribbons, tags and the children usually get little pom-pom snowmen, santas and reindeer for their gift tags.

I find the pound shops are good for those, get between four and six of them for..................£1"

That's right! They take more care unwrapping as they love their tags .... have to get them every year now.

over a year ago

"My parents are retired newsagents so I'm a little obsessive with good quality wrapping paper and cards. Christmas cards are ones that I've taken and had printed and I like gift boxes to wrap presents in.

I do have some presents that I use paper for but I always buy oddments of ribbons to tie them up with.

So yes I'm obsessive about wrapping presents so they look gorgeous "

I wouldn't say that was obsessive just meticulous.

over a year ago

Really go to town. Only the best kitchen roll and matching newspaper. And m&s bags insteAd of the aldi ones

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Do you wrap them ruff and ready or do you go to town with extras? "
Im a bells n whistles kinda gal...love to make em look pwetty.....not with bells n whistles literally though as that would be plain silly.

Post new Message to Thread