Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Doubt it.

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

First thing - it's not about me, more general musings.

So; what do you do when you start doubting/being unsure about something? Whether that's a person, a situation, an event. Work or personal life.

Do you look at why that is or do you just bury that little voice? What's your way of dealing with doubt?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Cancel and sleep instead.

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

I should have been a Taurus, can’t resist a red flag

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Go in full throttle and blame everything and everyone else when it all goes wrong

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

If it's a gut feeling, I go with it. Never usually wrong!

over a year ago

I talk to my friends and family as I don't always trust my own judgement.

over a year ago

I no longer trust my instincts they betrayed me so i just stick to saying what i see and leeting the world turn iv learned i get no say in how my life is lived so meh shit happens

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Listen to it, analyse then either ignore or go with it

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

"First thing - it's not about me, more general musings.

So; what do you do when you start doubting/being unsure about something? Whether that's a person, a situation, an event. Work or personal life.

Do you look at why that is or do you just bury that little voice? What's your way of dealing with doubt? "

Talk about it with someone close and see if it is justified

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I tend to just ask if I have doubts about anything. Sometimes it’s nothing and I’ve misconstrued something, other times it can kick of a bigger discussion.

Doubt and analysing it takes up to much energy, so just ask, deal with it and then move on.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I should have been a Taurus, can’t resist a red flag "

It's the chaos energy inside of you - got to self sabotage or there's no point is there?

over a year ago

Over engineer and microfocus on every detail until hysteria is at apoplectic levels - Then I just wait for the Alzheimer's to kick in and stop me worrying

By *elisandre300Woman
over a year ago

dontbefuckingnosey

Do you look at why that is or do you just bury that little voice? What's your way of dealing with doubt? "

I have just walked away and not looked back.

I’ve done this with relationships, work and friendships.

With people I stop listening to what they’re saying and focus on their actions.

A persons actions tell you more about what’s going on then whatever comes out of their mouth.

Work, I let my gut instinct decide… it’s rarely wrong.

over a year ago

Do you look at why that is or do you just bury that little voice? What's your way of dealing with doubt?

I have just walked away and not looked back.

I’ve done this with relationships, work and friendships.

With people I stop listening to what they’re saying and focus on their actions.

A persons actions tell you more about what’s going on then whatever comes out of their mouth.

Work, I let my gut instinct decide… it’s rarely wrong.

"

100% agree

over a year ago

Think about it and over think it and then ask someone and if they think the same then I’ll go with what I thought

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

If it's work related probably ask someone. A personal issue I try and work it out myself.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I speak to Mr N who will look at it from a different angle to me and either confirm my doubt or tell me I'm being daft.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/08/22 13:56:29]

over a year ago

Actions definitely carry more weight than words.

I'll wait, and watch, and listen to my gut.

Then I'll overthink a bit and watch a bit more, but then I do tend to just come right out and (very carefully and constructively) ask. I am a self-confessed careful blurter. Saves time, confusion, hurt, everything. Better to know, and know everything warts&all, I think.

Means you can get a headstart on dealing with it, resolving it or getting over it....

By *elisandre300Woman
over a year ago

dontbefuckingnosey

"Actions definitely carry more weight than words.

I'll wait, and watch, and listen to my gut.

Then I'll overthink a bit and watch a bit more, but then I do tend to just come right out and (very carefully and constructively) ask. I am a self-confessed careful blurter. Saves time, confusion, hurt, everything. Better to know, and know everything warts&all, I think.

Means you can get a headstart on dealing with it, resolving it or getting over it...."

I love this!

over a year ago

I'll try to bury it, realise that never works and spend days (possibly weeks) over analysing, blame myself, finally ask someone for their views, worry some more, try and bury it again, eventually realise it's not necessarily me that has the problem and apportion blame appropriately and decide to move on. Then I have a nap.

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Simple. Procrastination. Or on occasion run in head first. Fickle creature am I.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

It depends on what it is I'm having doubts about. Most of the time I'll just ask, sometimes I'll just sit and watch and see if that seed starts to grow or blows away in the wind. And if I've got PMT I'll generally just bury it for a few days because my hormones sometimes like to make my normally pragmatic outlook go a bit squiffy

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Confront it and suffer any consequences

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

In tech it's happened a few times with my 'gut' instinct to hold back a few minutes and think before 'pressing the button' so to speak. Usually right.

over a year ago

Try to touch base with those that have distance from the eye of the storm.

Didn't use to do this, just ploughed on regardless, which isn't always the best strategy.

Sometimes niggles and feelings are mild irritation masquerading as gut instinct, sometimes it's the other way around. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, you just have to try and weigh it up proportionally without going all toys exiting le pram.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Depends on the situation but in general I’ll usually just bail out of anything I’m not feeling confident about.

Sometimes it takes a while to completely make up my mind though.

Post new Message to Thread