Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Manners

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

On the swinging scene, do manners totally disappear? or are they at all frowned upon.

I ask as on numerous occassions people seem to demand information rather than request, common pleantries such as please, may i , thank you etc seem to have totally been forgotten.

Is anybody else finding this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yber pimpMan
over a year ago

durham area

there are some of all groups, singles m & f also couples, that believe they are doing you a favour by contacting or replying to you. these you wil find tend to forget the comon courtesies as you state.

unfortunately it comes with the territory, if you find it off putting then you most likely would not get on with them so far as meeting or playing, so ignore them

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It depends on the person I believe, as I have been contacted by people with very nice messages and manners in the past

Those who do not have manners do not stand a chance with me

over a year ago

Its good to know manners still are held in high regard, i as a single male on the site have sometimes felt as i say please, thank you, sorry to bother you etc that i am mocked and seen as a wet lettuce.

over a year ago

"Its good to know manners still are held in high regard, i as a single male on the site have sometimes felt as i say please, thank you, sorry to bother you etc that i am mocked and seen as a wet lettuce."

May be it is an age thing, as in older ladies appreciate manners more than the younger ones perhaps!

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"On the swinging scene, do manners totally disappear? or are they at all frowned upon.

I ask as on numerous occassions people seem to demand information rather than request, common pleantries such as please, may i , thank you etc seem to have totally been forgotten.

Is anybody else finding this?"

They haven't been forgotten - they were never known.

There's no reason why mannerless, egocentric cunts in real life should be any different on here.

over a year ago

Im one of the older ladies on here...i definately appreciate manners.I try to respond politely to all messages sent politely ...the others get binned ...

over a year ago

"They haven't been forgotten - they were never known.

There's no reason why mannerless, egocentric cunts in real life should be any different on here."

Concur they exist in real life, and not just women with no manners, men too!

over a year ago

Men and women, couples included seem to lack a lot of manners in some apsects, i guess its more of a natural society change rather than ignorance and down right rudeness.

A please and thank you cost nothing and take little time to say.

over a year ago

"Men and women, couples included seem to lack a lot of manners in some apsects, i guess its more of a natural society change rather than ignorance and down right rudeness.

"

Please stop talking bollox, thankyou

over a year ago

Sadly it is a sign of the times!

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"They haven't been forgotten - they were never known.

There's no reason why mannerless, egocentric cunts in real life should be any different on here.

Concur they exist in real life, and not just women with no manners, men too! "

Absolutely. Lack of manners exists in both (all?) genders and at all social levels.

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"Men and women, couples included seem to lack a lot of manners in some apsects, i guess its more of a natural society change rather than ignorance and down right rudeness.

"

It's a function of the 'me' culture so prevalent in society nowadays.

over a year ago

"On the swinging scene, do manners totally disappear? or are they at all frowned upon.

There's no reason why mannerless, egocentric cunts in real life should be any different on here."

Jim I love it when you say cunts.

over a year ago

I say please before and thank you after.

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

Jim I love it when you say cunts. "

I sometimes say 'hole' just for Stunna.

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

mmm lovely love a lady with manners

over a year ago

Is anybody else finding this?"

PLATO 5TH Century ???

quote : "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

quote ( 8th century ? )

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.~attributed to Hesiod (8th century B.C.)

Same ole , Same ole xx gran xx

over a year ago

oooh granny i like the quotes from plato

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Manners I was always told cost nothing.

A please and a thank you always show a regard for the person either in first contact or playing.

xx

over a year ago

It would be wrong to say that all young people are lacking in basic manners, but I do think that some things are from a sadly past era.

A lady recently commented how I went on the outside of her as we walked along the pavement, and opened doors for her, things which are second nature to me!

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

please

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Manners are and always have been important to me, as its been said they cost nothing, and I have instilled those manners in my daughter. I cannot abide rudness but thankfully I have not come across many rude people on here. Bigone, it may just be you have just been a bit unlucky, there are lots and lots of lovely very well mannered folk on here., ignore those who arn't!

over a year ago

I don't think manners, or lack of them, is any better or worse on the swinging scene than it is in any other walk of life.

No matter where you go, what you do, you will find a mix of people, some will have exemploray manners, some will ahve the manners of a troll - it's life the whole world over.

over a year ago

I'd like to think I have manners, always try to have at least... Respect and civility cost nothing.

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I meet an awful lot of single men, from here and other places too and I have to say that I find most have read my profile and send me wondefully polite emails.

The odd few are not but they are soon dealt with accordingly xx

over a year ago

"I don't think manners, or lack of them, is any better or worse on the swinging scene than it is in any other walk of life.

No matter where you go, what you do, you will find a mix of people, some will have exemploray manners, some will ahve the manners of a troll - it's life the whole world over."

This is Trollism and totally unfair... End Trollism Now !

over a year ago

"oooh granny i like the quotes from plato "

You didn't say please. Or even ask me if you could comment!!

I like your arse thankyou.

Post new Message to Thread