Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do people take pics at the pub?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was out with a few friends and a young group kept taking pics of themselves at the pub. Not sexy pics or even funny pics. Just pics of them sitting there at the pub, ocassionally doing something like a thumbs up. Am I missing something? Is this just some sort of generational thing?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Maybe they haven't seen each other in a long time? Maybe they just want to?

LvM

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/08/22 00:48:04]

over a year ago

"Maybe they haven't seen each other in a long time? Maybe they just want to?

LvM"

It was just so odd to me. It wasn't the occasional pic. It was all night long. I really think it's like that generation document their whole lives + put it all online.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

We take pictures of our pints and send them to pals who are working just to piss them off

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

So when they're old and some have died they have something to look back on.

over a year ago

From your description they seem to have been messaging or posting on social media

over a year ago

"So when they're old and some have died they have something to look back on.

"

I doubt a big group in their early twenties are thinking that way at a pub.

over a year ago

The pic gets a bit of text added on it and sent

over a year ago

"From your description they seem to have been messaging or posting on social media"

Probably. But why just pics of nothing much at the pub all night long? V strange to me.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 30/08/22 00:51:27]

over a year ago

"We take pictures of our pints and send them to pals who are working just to piss them off "

Love it. I would do the same

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

To show people that they have been to the pub? Dating profile pics to show that they enjoy a cheeky pint?

People like to document everything. Maybe message someone with a pic of them in a pub and ask them why? Or ask to take a pic for them then ask is that for your insta?

I take group selfies occasionally then share with WhatsApp group chat for those who aren't out with us.

over a year ago

"From your description they seem to have been messaging or posting on social media

Probably. But why just pics of nothing much at the pub all night long? V strange to me."

Because the pic isn't the point it's what they type over it. The pic is just the background. My kids are on sc and it's all pics of ceilings or eyeballs or thumbs-ups with their message over the top

over a year ago

"To show people that they have been to the pub? Dating profile pics to show that they enjoy a cheeky pint?

People like to document everything. Maybe message someone with a pic of them in a pub and ask them why? Or ask to take a pic for them then ask is that for your insta?

I take group selfies occasionally then share with WhatsApp group chat for those who aren't out with us. "

This was way more than occasionally.

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Maybe they find it fun

over a year ago

"Maybe they find it fun"

Yeah but why? A pic every few minutes of nothing much.

over a year ago

"To show people that they have been to the pub? Dating profile pics to show that they enjoy a cheeky pint?

I take group selfies occasionally then share with WhatsApp group chat for those who aren't out with us.

This was way more than occasionally."

They'll be having a running conversation by text over sc. Could even be a group chat so they're all chiming in constantly

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

I used to take before and after selfie pics if I knew it was going to become a messy affair. However those were back in the Nokia days

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

Does it really matter why they were doing it as long as they are doing no harm?

Don't worry about how others enjoy themselves, just enjoy yourself OP.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

"We take pictures of our pints and send them to pals who are working just to piss them off

Love it. I would do the same"

over a year ago

This was way more than occasionally.

They'll be having a running conversation by text over sc. Could even be a group chat so they're all chiming in constantly "

Alien world to me I guess.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"Maybe they find it fun

Yeah but why? A pic every few minutes of nothing much."

Are you asking why they might have found something fun? Each to their own. They probably looked over and thought how dull you and your mates were just supping your pints!

I say more power to them; would be nice to have more pics of nights out from when I was younger, but was a bit of a faff back then!

over a year ago

"Does it really matter why they were doing it as long as they are doing no harm?

Don't worry about how others enjoy themselves, just enjoy yourself OP."

Hard to enjoy yourself as much when a big table keeps jostling around + bumping you + cameras keep going off every few minutes. It was pretty annoying.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Have you ever considered taking a photo of yourself ?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Have you ever considered taking a photo of yourself ?"

I would photo bomb it

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"So when they're old and some have died they have something to look back on.

I doubt a big group in their early twenties are thinking that way at a pub."

you just answered youre own question, they weere in thier early twenties

over a year ago

"Does it really matter why they were doing it as long as they are doing no harm?

Hard to enjoy yourself as much when a big table keeps jostling around + bumping you + cameras keep going off every few minutes. It was pretty annoying."

You seem like a laugh.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Hard to enjoy yourself as much when a big table keeps jostling around + bumping you + cameras keep going off every few minutes. It was pretty annoying."

You’re fun at parties I bet

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Hard to enjoy yourself as much when a big table keeps jostling around + bumping you + cameras keep going off every few minutes. It was pretty annoying.

You seem like a laugh."

Jinx

over a year ago

You seem like a laugh.

Jinx "

Great minds

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I was out with a few friends and a young group kept taking pics of themselves at the pub. Not sexy pics or even funny pics. Just pics of them sitting there at the pub, ocassionally doing something like a thumbs up. Am I missing something? Is this just some sort of generational thing?"

Last Christmas lots of my family came round. They wore paper hats and took pictures of themselves and each other. They even took pictures of the food. Anyone else experienced this weird behaviour ?

over a year ago

Unfortunately it's the way things are now.

I get it, take a few pics of the evening together, but to spend more time taking pictures of the supposed fun than to focus on making the evening fun.

Makes me think social media isn't so social, assuming some of the pics were for that reason.

Saying that, during a sexy meet, I can take a step back to take lots of memories.

But then, fun is going on.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I was out with a few friends and a young group kept taking pics of themselves at the pub. Not sexy pics or even funny pics. Just pics of them sitting there at the pub, ocassionally doing something like a thumbs up. Am I missing something? Is this just some sort of generational thing?

Last Christmas lots of my family came round. They wore paper hats and took pictures of themselves and each other. They even took pictures of the food. Anyone else experienced this weird behaviour ? "

I photograph food and drink all the time. I love it.

over a year ago

"I was out with a few friends and a young group kept taking pics of themselves at the pub. Not sexy pics or even funny pics. Just pics of them sitting there at the pub, ocassionally doing something like a thumbs up. Am I missing something? Is this just some sort of generational thing?

Last Christmas lots of my family came round. They wore paper hats and took pictures of themselves and each other. They even took pictures of the food. Anyone else experienced this weird behaviour ?

I photograph food and drink all the time. I love it. "

I remember the good old days when after taking the pictures, we had to take them to be developed, with 3-5 days to collect them, then visit everyone u want to show.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

I remember the good old days when after taking the pictures, we had to take them to be developed, with 3-5 days to collect them, then visit everyone u want to show. "

Only to discover you had forgotten to take off the lens cap !

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Last Christmas lots of my family came round. They wore paper hats and took pictures of themselves and each other. They even took pictures of the food. Anyone else experienced this weird behaviour ? "

That’s outrageous

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 30/08/22 08:25:17]

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

In fairness to the op though, as I feel it was the general disturbance and behaviour rather than the act or reason for taking pics that was the issue, we have all experienced that in a pub and worst still in a restaurant, a hotel or even on a plane or a train. An incredibly rowdy group of people that don't give a damn how their behaviour affects others around them. I would also be annoyed at that if it was very excessive although I do appreciate that you wouldn’t go to certain pubs if you were looking for a quietpint.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"In fairness to the op though, as I feel it was the general disturbance and behaviour rather than the act or reason for taking pics that was the issue"

The OPs opening post was all about taking photos. There was no mention of rowdy behaviour

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"In fairness to the op though, as I feel it was the general disturbance and behaviour rather than the act or reason for taking pics that was the issue

The OPs opening post was all about taking photos. There was no mention of rowdy behaviour"

I know what you mean but further on there was a comment that made me think it was more their behaviour, perhaps not.

over a year ago

"In fairness to the op though, as I feel it was the general disturbance and behaviour rather than the act or reason for taking pics that was the issue, we have all experienced that in a pub and worst still in a restaurant, a hotel or even on a plane or a train. An incredibly rowdy group of people that don't give a damn how their behaviour affects others around them. I would also be annoyed at that if it was very excessive although I do appreciate that you wouldn’t go to certain pubs if you were looking for a quietpint."

I'm thinking you hit the nail on the head here.

There's often the bigger picture not expressed in the opening discussion, that comes around eventually.

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"In fairness to the op though, as I feel it was the general disturbance and behaviour rather than the act or reason for taking pics that was the issue, we have all experienced that in a pub and worst still in a restaurant, a hotel or even on a plane or a train. An incredibly rowdy group of people that don't give a damn how their behaviour affects others around them. I would also be annoyed at that if it was very excessive although I do appreciate that you wouldn’t go to certain pubs if you were looking for a quietpint.

I'm thinking you hit the nail on the head here.

There's often the bigger picture not expressed in the opening discussion, that comes around eventually.

"

I try to read between the lines Mind you I am not always right, far from it.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

My step son takes a pic as he’s walking along and posts it to his friends…

…and here’s me 10 seconds later

…and just turned a corner and here’s a new street to walk down

It’s what they do now. It’s up to them…we’d probably be the same if we grew up with social media being so popular.

K

By *tsalwaysthequietonesCouple
over a year ago

Lancs

I take pics of everything, everywhere, all the time. Including my wine

Because....... why the hell not.

over a year ago

I wish I’d taken more pictures and videos when I was younger. Some amazing nights out are all just hazy memories now.

over a year ago

"I wish I’d taken more pictures and videos when I was younger. Some amazing nights out are all just hazy memories now."

I'm glad I didn't

over a year ago

"I wish I’d taken more pictures and videos when I was younger. Some amazing nights out are all just hazy memories now.

I'm glad I didn't "

I bet late 90’s/early 2000’s JAG was a real head turner

over a year ago

"I wish I’d taken more pictures and videos when I was younger. Some amazing nights out are all just hazy memories now.

I'm glad I didn't

I bet late 90’s/early 2000’s JAG was a real head turner "

I was freaking awesome, but I knew it!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"From your description they seem to have been messaging or posting on social media

Probably. But why just pics of nothing much at the pub all night long? V strange to me."

It's nothing much to you but hss greater significance to them. I assume it's largely a cultural trend and they're enjoying themselves, increasing this enjoyment by posting pics.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

As long as they have a good time. Posting such pics might prompt others who know them to get in touch.

over a year ago

Is this even a question

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Is this even a question"

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

They usually stick their tongues out as well

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Same reason anyone takes photos, to capture memories? Right?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm going for lunch with mum to a pub today ..who wants a picture of that?

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Because its easier than having a conversation

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 30/08/22 11:21:25]

By *ovebjsMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"I'm going for lunch with mum to a pub today ..who wants a picture of that? "

Why is she fit ?

Sorry couldn’t resist

over a year ago

"I'm going for lunch with mum to a pub today ..who wants a picture of that?

Why is she fit ?

Sorry couldn’t resist

"

Was genuinely asked this recently, after saying Mrs is away with her parents. They asked, is her mum hot. FFS.

Post new Message to Thread