Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Accidental genius

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Made a pretty banging broccoli and potato soup for dinner. Decided it needed some cream, but that cooled the whole lot down so I turned the heat back on for a bit before serving myself a hefty bowl and going to enjoy it with a few episodes of Modern Family.

Come back to the kitchen and discover I never turned the heat back off and my soup has been happily bubbling away. For over an hour.

"WHY DO TERRIBLE THINGS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO OKAY-ISH PEOPLE?!?!" I cried (in my head). I swore, I laid down for a bit, I cursed the waste of good vegetables, oil and cream. But then I tasted it.

Y'all better remember me when you start seeing "caramelised vegetables somewhere in-between soup and purée" on Michelin star menus.

What have you accidentally created that's actually been bomb?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Modern family?

tm.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Modern family?

tm. "

Noooooo Steve your words are getting too young for me I don't understand

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

This sounds as exciting as the time I spaffed in a tissue, scrunched it up and forgot about it only to find the next morning that it was a perfect papier mache rendering of the Taj Mahal.

over a year ago

Over seasoned chicken with paprika in an air fryer is bloody delicious too, I now use at least a third of a small jar which sounds and looks like I’ve fucked up but 25 minutes later I’m in heaven

over a year ago

"Modern family?

tm.

Noooooo Steve your words are getting too young for me I don't understand "

Read the last bit in Phil’s voice.

Post new Message to Thread