Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Amnesia

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It seems many people suffer from this. It's a common occurrence that people you've spoke to or even shagged previously pop up your inbox like they are just seeing your profile for the first time. I remember everyone I've interacted with and certainly recognise photos I've seen before.

Is this normal behaviour? Do people just send that many messages they lose track? Do women have a better memory than men?

Genuinely bizzare behaviour that is starting to irk me.. discuss.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *il sub princessWoman
over a year ago

West Midlands

I do think it's bollocks on here however I can't remember everyone I've slept with

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Amnesia and other related 'memory loss' afflictions can be unnerving and upsetting for most people, inside and outside of the Fab milieu.

Thankfully, it's not something I've experienced first hand on here, personally or with other lovers, partners, etc.

I'm sure other forumites will have more informative anecdotes.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

My memory is pretty good. There are a few that it says we've conversed before and I can't remember why but mostly I remember.

Maybe if you didn't have a new profile every week, hotwife, they'd see the little 'you messaged them last week' notice.

By *eisty LadyWoman
over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

I have very limited memory recall which seriously pisses off my family as I can’t remember family trips, celebrations etc from when I was younger

I can remember exactly who I’ve slept with on here, and get narked when men message claiming we have met / fucked when I k ow for sure it never happened

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"My memory is pretty good. There are a few that it says we've conversed before and I can't remember why but mostly I remember.

Maybe if you didn't have a new profile every week, hotwife, they'd see the little 'you messaged them last week' notice. "

my new profiles is no excuse for their forgetfulness thank you very much. I've never forgot you have I Mr Magnet

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Even worse if they change their name!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

That why the private notes function is so helpful, you can see the notes even if the profile is hidden

over a year ago

"It seems many people suffer from this. It's a common occurrence that people you've spoke to or even shagged previously pop up your inbox like they are just seeing your profile for the first time. I remember everyone I've interacted with and certainly recognise photos I've seen before.

Is this normal behaviour? Do people just send that many messages they lose track? Do women have a better memory than men?

Genuinely bizzare behaviour that is starting to irk me.. discuss."

Wait until you hit the menopause!

Missy x

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

"That why the private notes function is so helpful, you can see the notes even if the profile is hidden "

That may be the most useful thing I've learned today

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I don't think I'd forget anyone I've bumped uglies with, but have to confess that there's no end of profiles on here (and by that I mean the forums) where I'm 90% sure I know them from previous incarnations on Fab over the years, but I'm not 100% sure.

Why the fuck do people have to completely recreate themselves in terms of username, pics and even sometimes profile style , instead of just coming back and saying "It's me!!"

A

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Face blindness. Telling people apart can be really difficult.

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

"Face blindness. Telling people apart can be really difficult. "

I suffer from face blindness ,it's a real thing. It affects people to differing degrees. I haven't had a clinical diagnosis , but I've done 3 or 4 online tests for it and my score indicates I have it.

Not that I needed proof.

By *orkshireDrifterMan
over a year ago

Nafferton, nr Driffield.

I usually pay the extra and use the facility of keeping private notes.

It's very useful for remembering timewasters but good too for recording people's quirks.

By *rofessor ElementalMan
over a year ago

Durham

Quality not quantity.…but still can’t remember

over a year ago

There's so many tits, arse, bare manchest and cock profile pics that look the same I don't blame people for not remembering who they have spoken to.

If someone changes their profile pic midway through a chat I have no idea who they are.

Post new Message to Thread