Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Minimalism

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’d never describe myself as a minimalist as I like ‘things’ but from Oct I’ll need to reduce my things down to a suitcase full as I’m going full on digital nomad.

Could you do it? Are you a hoarder. I didn’t actually realise how much stuff I had until I began the process of clearing my flat!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have a very minimalist attitude, if I haven't used something in 6 months then it's gone....penis is now up for sale!

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

We need to do this minimalist thing. Our house is our stuff + son's & GFs stuff + late Grandad's stuff

I would love to be a digital nomad

By *oystick-MCRMan
over a year ago

Manchester | London

Hell to the yes

over a year ago

Downstairs is minimalistic, but my loft area is like a “I’m a hoarder “

By *unx2019Couple
over a year ago

Moray

Keep trying to get rid of stuff but as fast as I clear stuff kids and others bring stuff back

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

The lives of multiple predecessors hang like an albatross around my neck. Family history is the curse of simple living!

over a year ago

"We need to do this minimalist thing. Our house is our stuff + son's & GFs stuff + late Grandad's stuff

I would love to be a digital nomad "

Kids are all grown now so seems like the perfect time

over a year ago

"Downstairs is minimalistic, but my loft area is like a “I’m a hoarder “"

My bedrooms like that lol I have at least 30 pairs of shoes lol

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Downstairs is minimalistic, but my loft area is like a “I’m a hoarder “

My bedrooms like that lol I have at least 30 pairs of shoes lol"

Is that all .... i counted out the wifes shoes, boots etc and she had well over 100 pairs lol

By *ister CMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I’d never describe myself as a minimalist as I like ‘things’ but from Oct I’ll need to reduce my things down to a suitcase full as I’m going full on digital nomad.

Could you do it? Are you a hoarder. I didn’t actually realise how much stuff I had until I began the process of clearing my flat! "

I did this a while ago now and it helps massively with my mind.

Apparently I've been like this since a child but I despise clutter... I like clean... bordering on sterile space.

Pictures art etc fine...

But still clean surfaces.

Cupboards are packed with shite like...

over a year ago

"Downstairs is minimalistic, but my loft area is like a “I’m a hoarder “

My bedrooms like that lol I have at least 30 pairs of shoes lol"

Duchess of shoesbury

over a year ago

North West

"We need to do this minimalist thing. Our house is our stuff + son's & GFs stuff + late Grandad's stuff

Kids are all grown now so seems like the perfect time "

My son is grown (20) but boomeranged back with the contents of his flat and GFs student house

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

Oh 100%. I moved countries quite a few times when I was younger with nothing more than a backpack.

Now as a couple we have moved house many times and it's crazy how little we have to move. We have a load of gym stuff in the garage and tools but if we had to leave them I wouldn't be bother.

It always surprises me the stuff people keep on self storage. Literally paying to have stuff they don't need

over a year ago

"I have a very minimalist attitude, if I haven't used something in 6 months then it's gone....penis is now up for sale! "

Do you have the dimensions please?

Asking for a friend

over a year ago

I’m

Doing the same. I’m tangible so I like thiNgs, but I’ve got too much stuff and feel a suffocated. It feels great to get rid of shit

over a year ago

"I have a very minimalist attitude, if I haven't used something in 6 months then it's gone....penis is now up for sale!

Do you have the dimensions please?

Asking for a friend"

Pmsl!!

over a year ago

Kids are all grown now so seems like the perfect time

My son is grown (20) but boomeranged back with the contents of his flat and GFs student house "

My son is 20 too, he hates Yorkshire though so would never move back lol! He lives in London and loves it

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

A hoarder here! My sister on otherhand complete minimalistic! We go on holiday together and I come back with what she calls hoards of toot! Mainly for garden I like my memories she comes back with nothing x

over a year ago

May I ask what you do? Would love to be a digital nomad myself and have no ties.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I really like the minimalist/essentialist life, it’s the key to productivity and results in all areas.

Best thing I did was invest in a single chrome rail, it has limited space & forces me to get rid of old clothes if I buy any new ones, which makes me think very carefully before buying any!

over a year ago

North West

"Oh 100%. I moved countries quite a few times when I was younger with nothing more than a backpack.

Now as a couple we have moved house many times and it's crazy how little we have to move. We have a load of gym stuff in the garage and tools but if we had to leave them I wouldn't be bother.

It always surprises me the stuff people keep on self storage. Literally paying to have stuff they don't need"

Self storage here involves our dining room and under the beds

over a year ago

"May I ask what you do? Would love to be a digital nomad myself and have no ties."

I’m a fundraising, comms and marketing lead in the charity sector! My job is entirely remote

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Im not a hoarder, but kids magic new stuff frequently into the house and I'm lax in sorting out their old stuff out of the house

By *unningFoxWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I’m a hoarder but trying to get rid of things. Mostly now start to get rid of things I have not used for a long time or use “sparks joy” method. I would like to get rid of at least 1/3 of my stuff this year.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm closer to a maximalist. I don't think I could be a full time digital nomad, but I have thought about a working holiday - long distance trains, be gone for months at a time.

over a year ago

I hoard. I don't like throwing stuff away that might come in handy. Left over diy materials etc. It rarely does..

Out and about I am minimalist, never carry more than I need for the trip. I sometimes work remotely and carry a mi-fi hotspot so can work many places.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I go through phases... I can be brutal, get rid of stuff... But then collect more!

By *inky-guyMan
over a year ago

raunds

I have lived as a nomad for the last 10 years. It was the best feeling ever to cut ties with all the pointless possession I owned.

I am the happiest I have ever been owning very little

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I'm not a hoarder, but I'd need to feel that I had some roots, rather than just passing through a place

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

I couldn’t really, no matter how much I think I could try it. I’m very maximalist!

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

I'm an anti horder, as I call it. If theres bin space, night before bin day. I go round looking for stuff to chuck.

over a year ago

"I'm not a hoarder, but I'd need to feel that I had some roots, rather than just passing through a place "

I’m the opposite, being in one place bores me, the world is a weird and wonderful place and I want to see as much of it as possible!

over a year ago

"I have lived as a nomad for the last 10 years. It was the best feeling ever to cut ties with all the pointless possession I owned.

I am the happiest I have ever been owning very little"

Ah that’s great to hear

By *TK421-Man
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Crikey I've just started packing to move home and the stuff I've found in my attic I stored for 17 years.

Wtf.

So next week will be full of endless charity shop runs and tip runs.

I'm finding getting rid of everything quite liberating actually. A weight lifted.

over a year ago

.. i once went to the airport bought a ticket to amsterdam and went with only what i was wearing and passport for 5 days..

over a year ago

I keep my living room minimalistic but the rest of the house is cluttered it's mostly clothes we have way more than we actually need

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm going to be on an extreme hoarders show, at this rate. Though I have had some great minimalist times and my bedroom is only this way. Stuff gets shoved elsewhere

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Once or twice a year I regularly clear stuff out either to charity or sell bits if they are worth it or if I can be bothered. It's pretty amazing that despite not buying much, more and more gets found

over a year ago

I just shoved all my junk that ‘might be worth something’ in the loft. Down stairs is lovely and clear.

Post new Message to Thread