Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

School bedtime

Jump to newest

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Morning all . Do you remember maybe 2 weeks before you went back to school after the summer holidays your mum made you go to bed earlier so you could get use to school getting up time .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've just started doing this to my school age child. It's more because by 8pm I can't deal with anymore questions.

over a year ago

"I've just started doing this to my school age child. It's more because by 8pm I can't deal with anymore questions. "
I remember doing this and aren't the summer holidays just the longest time of your life!

over a year ago

I’m depressed at the thought of the holidays ending. It’ll mean that my little one will be at school for the first time. I’ve been at home since she was born…..that’s gonna be tough on me.

By *mwirralMan
over a year ago

wirral

"I've just started doing this to my school age child. It's more because by 8pm I can't deal with anymore questions. "

Lol yep and you need some me time by 8pm

over a year ago

"I’m depressed at the thought of the holidays ending. It’ll mean that my little one will be at school for the first time. I’ve been at home since she was born…..that’s gonna be tough on me. "

This is such a sweet post. Think of how excited she'll be to share tales of her day with her best friend...you!

NBVN x

over a year ago

I am going to be adjusting bedtime rules next week, my son is 15 and has become nocturnal.

NBVN x

over a year ago

"I’m depressed at the thought of the holidays ending. It’ll mean that my little one will be at school for the first time. I’ve been at home since she was born…..that’s gonna be tough on me.

This is such a sweet post. Think of how excited she'll be to share tales of her day with her best friend...you!

NBVN x"

I’m so excited for her, she’s loved the short visits to the school. And already knows her teachers names by heart.

I’m gonna have to do golf or something similar to pass my daytime hours.

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"I’m depressed at the thought of the holidays ending. It’ll mean that my little one will be at school for the first time. I’ve been at home since she was born…..that’s gonna be tough on me.

NBVN x

I’m so excited for her, she’s loved the short visits to the school. And already knows her teachers names by heart.

I’m gonna have to do golf or something similar to pass my daytime hours. "

They grow up quick. She will have a whale of a time.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We’re going into final year here & can’t wait for it to be over already. We’ve tried to keep to a sensible routine all summer but totally failed

J x

over a year ago

NBVN x

I’m gonna have to do golf or something similar to pass my daytime hours. "

over a year ago

"I've just started doing this to my school age child. It's more because by 8pm I can't deal with anymore questions.

Lol yep and you need some me time by 8pm"

Mine don't disappear until 10. I've started withdrawing to my room for some peace! Even my 18yo was saying "mum look at me" yesterday!

I tend to wake them up a bit earlier each day. I don't attempt to manage the evenings.

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"I've just started doing this to my school age child. It's more because by 8pm I can't deal with anymore questions.

Lol yep and you need some me time by 8pm

Mine don't disappear until 10. I've started withdrawing to my room for some peace! Even my 18yo was saying "mum look at me" yesterday!

I tend to wake them up a bit earlier each day. I don't attempt to manage the evenings."

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

That will happen the first week back as we are still on crazy times for another week yet

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I never really had a bedtime. We closed the shop at 10pm so it was pretty much any time after that I'd go to bed.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

I remember this

I just wanted to know how that rationale worked when I could stay up late on a Saturday night!!

over a year ago

Yeah i told her il be home at 6 or 7 and walked in when it got dark saying i forgot

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I am going to be adjusting bedtime rules next week, my son is 15 and has become nocturnal.

NBVN x"

My 20yo son IS nocturnal

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"Yeah i told her il be home at 6 or 7 and walked in when it got dark saying i forgot "
used that all the time

over a year ago

Nope

over a year ago

I used to live and hate The Magic Roundabout

I loved it but at the end it was bed time!

Post new Message to Thread