Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Someone give me attention pls

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm feeling needy

No but seriously, do you ever feel crushingly lonely when you go back to being by yourself after spending time with people?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I'm feeling needy

No but seriously, do you ever feel crushingly lonely when you go back to being by yourself after spending time with people? "

Indeed. I can sympathise

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Have a big olov snog and hug

over a year ago

Like I've spent my whole life being perfectly happy alone, and actually craving it most of the time (I think it comes from being a latchkey kid for most of my childhood; I just got used to being by myself).

But then I realised over the past year or so how that's affected me negatively and I've been actively trying to have a more fulfilling social life and put more effort into maintaining my friendships. But now the thought of being alone gives me anxiety.

Why is life so fucking complicated Jesus

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Loving the font related profile blurb

By *anBerksMan
over a year ago

Berkshire

Sorry you feel that way OP, I guess the nearest I can associate is that feeling after returning after an awesome holiday and reliving what you were doing “this time last week”.

I guess on the positive side, you’re that much nearer the next get together so hopefully there’s something nice on the horizon to look forwards to

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Life sucks

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I feel tired after being with people and have to recover

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I used to years ago when being home alone, so I got a dog and that actually gave us a new social activity, meeting up with other walkers in the evenings

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I live alone, work from home, and rarely go out. I'm actually quite ok with this. Thanks, Covid

over a year ago

"Like I've spent my whole life being perfectly happy alone, and actually craving it most of the time (I think it comes from being a latchkey kid for most of my childhood; I just got used to being by myself).

But then I realised over the past year or so how that's affected me negatively and I've been actively trying to have a more fulfilling social life and put more effort into maintaining my friendships. But now the thought of being alone gives me anxiety.

Why is life so fucking complicated Jesus "

I've always believed that to love is the meaning of life, and the purpose of life was to live it. So as you grow older, could it be you've outgrown your old ways and you just want something more meaningful with pesonal relationships to invest in? Being with people gives you a little of that until you realise it's happening all round you and you are involved in it, but it's not directly with you to take home, permantently.

That's just my opinion and it means little in the grand scheme of things, but if it helps to give you direction or understanding, then by all means use it to evaluate where you are in life right now.

Either way, don't overthink it, just go with the heart.

over a year ago

I like people but I love my own time just being me

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I'm feeling needy

No but seriously, do you ever feel crushingly lonely when you go back to being by yourself after spending time with people? "

No , I get low / drops after weekends like the last one meeting lots of new people and having lots of ‘fun’ but I learned to journey into them - Reading, music , cooking and housework , self care, introspective time.

over a year ago

"Sorry you feel that way OP, I guess the nearest I can associate is that feeling after returning after an awesome holiday and reliving what you were doing “this time last week”.

I guess on the positive side, you’re that much nearer the next get together so hopefully there’s something nice on the horizon to look forwards to "

Lmao it wasn't even a get together

I'm just generally talking about being around people all day. I went to the office, then saw my workout buddies at the gym etc. Coming back home to spend the rest of the evening by myself just feels so draining.

I think lockdown done fucked me up good.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

At times but I learn to switch between reality

over a year ago

"I'm feeling needy

I crave some alone time to try and chill out but when the opportunity arises, I end up craving company......usually from a sexy lady!

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No I’m the other way round. I crave alone time.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"No I’m the other way round. I crave alone time. "

The thought of having to spend time with people gives me much more anxiety than being alone does.

over a year ago

Yes I feel like this too after seeing my friends. I just keep reminding myself that they're there for me, no matter what x

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"I'm feeling needy

If it's any consolation, you have a lovely body.

By *rofessor ElementalMan
over a year ago

Durham

I’m really good with my own company and don’t mind solitude

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

"I'm feeling needy

Well..not really alone but if everyone's at work the dog and I just chill.

You're never alone with a dog. Mihjt not be the best conversationalists but you're never alone.

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

God no. Crushing relief. The perks of being an introvert.

over a year ago

"Like I've spent my whole life being perfectly happy alone, and actually craving it most of the time (I think it comes from being a latchkey kid for most of my childhood; I just got used to being by myself).

Why is life so fucking complicated Jesus "

Thoughts and warmest hugs!! Bless.

We most do get lonely. Humans need humans

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"I'm feeling needy

No.

I think, thank fuck for that, peace and quiet is resumed.

over a year ago

"I'm feeling needy

I feel you and relate. *big hug op.

Post new Message to Thread