Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Depression

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi just putting out there that I'm struggling with my depression alot. Not looking for sympathy or attention just putting it out there. I'm also getting through it by using gym and training as a therapy.

I'm always here to chat with anyone else. Message is always open. I'm trying to end the stigma and get more people to open up

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I hope it starts to lift soon.

over a year ago

Thank you

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep, anything you can find to do that gives you a distraction (be it physical or mental) gives your mind a well needed break...

Take care

over a year ago

"Yep, anything you can find to do that gives you a distraction (be it physical or mental) gives your mind a well needed break...

Take care "

Thank you

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Best of luck to you with it

over a year ago

Thanks for telling us OP.

It's important to get these things out

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I feel for you buddy. Mine has been bouncing around like a yoyo as of late

over a year ago

Sounds like you’re taking care of yourself. People don’t realise it creeps up on ya like the fading light of evening.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman
over a year ago

lancashire

"Hi just putting out there that I'm struggling with my depression alot. Not looking for sympathy or attention just putting it out there. I'm also getting through it by using gym and training as a therapy.

I'm always here to chat with anyone else. Message is always open. I'm trying to end the stigma and get more people to open up "

Good for you OP that you have found a way to cope/deal with it. I've lost very close friends through Depression...not some thing that makes a light read...I'm always open for a chat

over a year ago

"Hi just putting out there that I'm struggling with my depression alot. Not looking for sympathy or attention just putting it out there. I'm also getting through it by using gym and training as a therapy.

I'm always here to chat with anyone else. Message is always open. I'm trying to end the stigma and get more people to open up "

I struggle with mine as well. I'm glad you're able to open up and hope your therapy is helping, whatever the method

over a year ago

I'm sorry you're feeling like this OP. I suffer myself badly with it too and currently on the waiting list for help. God knows when I'll receive it, meantime I've got to make do with medication which only helps up to a point. Take care of yourself x

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that Op. Good on you for opening up. Keep talking.

By *aesarMan
over a year ago

Gillingham

Same

That’s why am here because meet people and have fun takes it off me for some time

By *inx_xxWoman
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Thank you for sharing OP.

I've been really struggling, still feel like I'm in lockdown but tonight I've read on the forums afew people finding life tough at the moment and for all those people who put it out there, reminds me you are not alone x

By *heplayerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Stay strong my friend tomorrow is a new day and it could only take one small thing to put you back in happy mode , I suffer a lot and it only takes someone to speak nice to me and it makes my day , small things help x

over a year ago

Being honest, i come from a rugby background. Testosterone and bravado of the highest order. I learned the hard way during my divorce that bittling enitions is dangerous. A large handfull of strong pills and a bottle of brandy was my second idea (long story) and didnt fix the "problem". Dont suffer alone as you arent alone. Im lucky as im mostly on the other side now so anyone reading this needing to reach out dont hold back. Im listening

By *ittleMyWoman
over a year ago

Stockport

Thank you for sharing OP, it's not easy.

Sit with it for a while in the knowledge it will move on x

over a year ago

"I'm sorry you're feeling like this OP. I suffer myself badly with it too and currently on the waiting list for help. God knows when I'll receive it, meantime I've got to make do with medication which only helps up to a point. Take care of yourself x"

I'm always here if you want to message me

By *olymalelincsMan
over a year ago

nr spalding

Take care of yourself OP, I have suffered with depression for quite a few years now, it's good that you have found a coping mechanism that works for you, mine is my workshop and wood turning.

over a year ago

I feel on the verge of just giving up.Blame myself for staying on Fab

By *rimxtcMan
over a year ago

toy town

I know where your coming from op I'm up and down and when I'm down I really do crash to the ground

The main problem is adult mental health is massively underfunded

Here if anyone needs to chat

By *dventurous biMan
over a year ago

tesside

I came very close to a full on meltdown this morning. It’s been a tough few weeks culminating in a visit from children/grandchildren/dog which is a source of both joy and anguish.

Only the fact that I was the only adult available at the time stopped me from just curling into a ball and weeping.

Right now I could still cry at the slightest provocation.

Maybe coming off the sertraline was a mistake. At the time when the GP said “does it help?” I decided that the only way to find out was to stop because otherwise how can you know?

over a year ago

I'm always here to chat with anyone else. Message is always open. I'm trying to end the stigma and get more people to open up

I struggle with mine as well. I'm glad you're able to open up and hope your therapy is helping, whatever the method "

How are you getting on?

over a year ago

"Same

That’s why am here because meet people and have fun takes it off me for some time "

This is so damn true. People moan at me saying I shouldn't have the horn cos I'm depressed. But when I'm bad with depression is my horniest

over a year ago

What is everyones happy pill of choice?

I'm on venlafaxine.

Began on sertaline but I couldn't get on with thst

Post new Message to Thread