Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It’s called FASHUN!!!! Look it up!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do any of you not wear outfits that do or would look good because of your size/ weight?

For example, and just one example for each would be:

Guys, Skinny jeans?

Gals, crop tops?

Curious for lots of reasons.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Any kind of skinny and spray on jeans because my thighs would suffocate.

I don't think hats suit me that well either.

I also never used to wear vests in the gym because I didn't think I was big enough to justify wearing them

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Crop tops??? I love food to much so they're a no.

I dress like scruff most of the time though.

over a year ago

I never used to because I was so insecure about my body. But now I just buy what I like and wear it. I will often have rolls, cellulite, lumps and bumps on show but I don't care too much anymore.

If the way I look offends anybody then that's not my problem. It's no reflection on me. And let's be honest, nobody is going to go home and think about how you looked or remember you.

Don't get me wrong, some clothing items aren't flattering for certain body types, but if I like it and it makes me feel good, I'm wearing it. I've spent so much of my life covering up. I wore a bikini in public for the first time ever this year. And I have zero regrets.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

And age.

Wouldn't wear a crop top.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

If it looks pleasing to my eye I'll wear it, I have an artists eye so look for the curves and textures of clothes, I adore a good fit in clothes as well, I'm not cutting off my circulation in the name of Fashion

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I can never get skinny jeans over my calves so I guess they would look ridiculous like an ostrich.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I avoided crop tops for years. I'm chubby, can't be doing that. Have to wear bras out because if my boobs aren't under my chin are they even there?

Went braless Friday night, wore a white crop top and absolutely loved life. Really couldn't give two hoots if folk thought I looked awful (when I was there!)

over a year ago

"Do any of you not wear outfits that do or would look good because of your size/ weight?

For example, and just one example for each would be:

Guys, Skinny jeans?

Gals, crop tops?

Tight jeans aren't particularly healthy for the male anatomy also. They reduce circulation. Crop top I think if the breast are big enough most women can pull it off.

Curious for lots of reasons. "

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

Okay, I know I've a Scottish background,but I've never worn a kilt. I just feel I don't have the build for it, I think you need a bit of bulk to look good..just my opinion.

over a year ago

"Any kind of skinny and spray on jeans because my thighs would suffocate.

I also never used to wear vests in the gym because I didn't think I was big enough to justify wearing them "

I totally hear that. I feel like super skinny jeans are things I would avoid but I have a really tight pair and my partner likes them but I just don’t feel comfortable going out in them. Also totally get the best thing. Especially because it might feel people at the gym are judging.

over a year ago

"Crop tops??? I love food to much so they're a no.

I dress like scruff most of the time though. "

I hear you. It’s like you can’t wear a crop top if you have a belly but why?!

over a year ago

I wouldn't wear ripped jeans or speedos

over a year ago

"I never used to because I was so insecure about my body. But now I just buy what I like and wear it. I will often have rolls, cellulite, lumps and bumps on show but I don't care too much anymore.

If the way I look offends anybody then that's not my problem. It's no reflection on me. And let's be honest, nobody is going to go home and think about how you looked or remember you.

Don't get me wrong, some clothing items aren't flattering for certain body types, but if I like it and it makes me feel good, I'm wearing it. I've spent so much of my life covering up. I wore a bikini in public for the first time ever this year. And I have zero regrets.

"

This was really lovely to read. I’m so glad about the bikini especially. That’s big.

I feel everything you’ve said, just guess it’s always difficult to reach that mindset for yourself when it feels like society wants you to look a certain way to pull off a certain look.

But go you

over a year ago

"And age.

Wouldn't wear a crop top. "

I hear you on age.

I think there’s clothes that people definitely don’t think older people should wear.

Slightly different but I saw my Nan wearing a full Nike tracksuit after she retired and I thought she looked amazing but I know a lot of older people don’t like the idea of wearing clothes like that.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I dress how I like and feel comfortable, not to follow fashion or please anyone else. I have quite a classic style and don't tend to follow fashion anyway, mainly because I don't like any of the styles....it makes shopping very difficult

over a year ago

"If it looks pleasing to my eye I'll wear it, I have an artists eye so look for the curves and textures of clothes, I adore a good fit in clothes as well, I'm not cutting off my circulation in the name of Fashion

"

I hear you. Do you think your confidence in your eye helps though?

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Really don't follow any fashion trends

over a year ago

"I can never get skinny jeans over my calves so I guess they would look ridiculous like an ostrich. "
skinny jeans and even baggy jeans look so tight over my thighs and I hate it. But slim or skinny jeans at least don’t flare at the bottom which I personally hate. But I hear you, if you have big thighs it might not be the best look but if you fancied it, I’m sure you could rock them

over a year ago

"I avoided crop tops for years. I'm chubby, can't be doing that. Have to wear bras out because if my boobs aren't under my chin are they even there?

Went braless Friday night, wore a white crop top and absolutely loved life. Really couldn't give two hoots if folk thought I looked awful (when I was there!)"

Omg Meli, YES! I love that for you.

My partner has very big boobs. Like GG and she went braless for the first time a year or so ago and I know it was tough for her to get to that point.

You’re really beautiful I bet you looked great.

over a year ago

"Okay, I know I've a Scottish background,but I've never worn a kilt. I just feel I don't have the build for it, I think you need a bit of bulk to look good..just my opinion. "

Do they make them in other styles that you might like? This is fair and I hear you

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I absolutely would not wear anything that showed my stomach.

That would be cruel to the world.

over a year ago

"I wouldn't wear ripped jeans or speedos "

Why not ripped jeans? You can get some good styles if you like them do it. Speedos I feel you can do it if you want to but I do think they need a lot of confidence to pull off.

over a year ago

"I dress how I like and feel comfortable, not to follow fashion or please anyone else. I have quite a classic style and don't tend to follow fashion anyway, mainly because I don't like any of the styles....it makes shopping very difficult "

Fair. But I don’t mean do you not wear it because of fashion trends etc. I meant is there any outfits you like and think you would look good in but wouldn’t wear because of size, weight and now adding in age?

over a year ago

"I never used to because I was so insecure about my body. But now I just buy what I like and wear it. I will often have rolls, cellulite, lumps and bumps on show but I don't care too much anymore.

This was really lovely to read. I’m so glad about the bikini especially. That’s big.

I feel everything you’ve said, just guess it’s always difficult to reach that mindset for yourself when it feels like society wants you to look a certain way to pull off a certain look.

But go you "

It's so difficult. I've been on this planet for 29 years and I am only just getting to that point where I'm starting to embrace myself for who I am. But I have my bad days and it's not easy.

If you ever buy an outfit and you love it but you're worried about what other people will think then be brave and remember that you are worthy of that outfit just as you are love!

over a year ago

"Really don't follow any fashion trends"

This isn’t about fashion trends

over a year ago

"I absolutely would not wear anything that showed my stomach.

That would be cruel to the world. "

No it wouldn’t. I believe if you like the look of something you should be able to feel comfortable wearing it.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I bought thong bikini bottoms for the first time in my life this year and I'm still unsure if I will be brave enough to wear them to the beach

K

over a year ago

But go you

It's so difficult. I've been on this planet for 29 years and I am only just getting to that point where I'm starting to embrace myself for who I am. But I have my bad days and it's not easy.

If you ever buy an outfit and you love it but you're worried about what other people will think then be brave and remember that you are worthy of that outfit just as you are love!

"

The next 29 are going to be so great for you!

over a year ago

"I bought thong bikini bottoms for the first time in my life this year and I'm still unsure if I will be brave enough to wear them to the beach

K"

If you like them, do it!

It should be about what you think not others.

over a year ago

"I bought thong bikini bottoms for the first time in my life this year and I'm still unsure if I will be brave enough to wear them to the beach

K"

Well I'm sure you know what I think you should do.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I don’t wear skinny jeans and my balls dont got into them also I hate skinny jeans

over a year ago

"I don’t wear skinny jeans and my balls dont got into them also I hate skinny jeans "
do you like them and not wear them? Or just don’t like them?

over a year ago

I used to avoid skinny jeans, because 42" skinny jeans are a misnomer that shouldn't come into being, yet they did.

Now I'll happily wear them, though they need a bit of stretch in them, and the correct cut, lest they become hideously crotchular.

Only problem now is the drop from 36" to 34" waist jeans, they assume between those sizes you go from mens thighs to teeny tiny straws. Nothing worse than trying them on and literally stopping squarely at the thigh section, like something out of Friends a la Ross and zee leather pants.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

"If it looks pleasing to my eye I'll wear it, I have an artists eye so look for the curves and textures of clothes, I adore a good fit in clothes as well, I'm not cutting off my circulation in the name of Fashion

I hear you. Do you think your confidence in your eye helps though? "

Yes. Most definitely, I don't look at myself In order to compare myself to what society deems attractive. I trust my eyes and dress for myself, if I feel sexy I'll wear attire that compliments my mindset at the time

over a year ago

My thing is I currently really like fits with T shirt tucked in but because of my body shape/ size or whatever I am but confident enough to wear it out often or at all. Like sometimes I go out and untuck by the time I’m at the train station because I get nervous.

Lots of it is to do with my anxiety and self esteem but also I find it hard to feel like the person I’m meeting might be judging me

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Crop tops?

The majority of women probably grew out of wearing those in their teenage years.

Gym versions are different altogether.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I wear the same clothes I was wearing like a decade ago. In fact one of my favourite t-shirts I got when I was 15.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I like crop tops but at 47 and with a big belly, I don’t wear them.

On the upside, this Summer I have been wearing more dresses which I normally avoid, because life is too short not to. So a small win!

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

"I wear the same clothes I was wearing like a decade ago. In fact one of my favourite t-shirts I got when I was 15."

Getting your moneys worth for sure!

over a year ago

"Crop tops?

The majority of women probably grew out of wearing those in their teenage years.

Gym versions are different altogether. "

Weird because I know women my age and older that wear them.

Are there any clothes that look good on you that you don’t wear because of size/ weight/ age or not?

over a year ago

"I wear the same clothes I was wearing like a decade ago. In fact one of my favourite t-shirts I got when I was 15."
I love most of all that it still fits! Or maybe it doesn’t but you don’t care

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Baggy, over sized, comfortable clothes for me.

I have to be able to move. I cannot stand being or feeling restrained or restricted in any way.

over a year ago

"I like crop tops but at 47 and with a big belly, I don’t wear them.

On the upside, this Summer I have been wearing more dresses which I normally avoid, because life is too short not to. So a small win!

"

Small victories.

over a year ago

"Baggy, over sized, comfortable clothes for me.

I have to be able to move. I cannot stand being or feeling restrained or restricted in any way."

Fair.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I wear the same clothes I was wearing like a decade ago. In fact one of my favourite t-shirts I got when I was 15.I love most of all that it still fits! Or maybe it doesn’t but you don’t care "

I was as fat then as I am now

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

I have a jumper that is 24 years old which I still wear

over a year ago

"I wear the same clothes I was wearing like a decade ago. In fact one of my favourite t-shirts I got when I was 15.I love most of all that it still fits! Or maybe it doesn’t but you don’t care

I was as fat then as I am now"

Must be nice. I’m like double the size. And I was fat back then

over a year ago

"I wear the same clothes I was wearing like a decade ago. In fact one of my favourite t-shirts I got when I was 15.

I have a jumper that is 24 years old which I still wear "

I’m 25 by the way.

over a year ago

Shorts n vest

Sometimes jeans n hoody if its chilly

Not fussy about makes unless its trainers must have bright coloured nikes as i could never have em as a kid

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

"Crop tops?

Are there any clothes that look good on you that you don’t wear because of size/ weight/ age or not? "

Its not weird leaving a trend or style of clothing behind you as sometimes you need to know when it doesn't suit you to dress a certain way anymore.

I'd only ever wear clothes I felt comfortable in, if you spend half the day paranoid what you look like, what someone else thinks or constantly re-adjusting them all the time then give up wearing them. Another choice of clothing/outfit will probably work miles better

over a year ago

"Shorts n vest

Not fussy about makes unless its trainers must have bright coloured nikes as i could never have em as a kid "

The fact you wear bright coloured Nikes tells me you wear whatever you like and I love that

I used to have a pair of bright red Adidas superstars that I loved so much.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"I don’t wear skinny jeans and my balls dont got into them also I hate skinny jeans do you like them and not wear them? Or just don’t like them? "

I like my cargos personally

over a year ago

"Crop tops?

Are there any clothes that look good on you that you don’t wear because of size/ weight/ age or not?

Its not weird leaving a trend or style of clothing behind you as sometimes you need to know when it doesn't suit you to dress a certain way anymore.

I'd only ever wear clothes I felt comfortable in, if you spend half the day paranoid what you look like, what someone else thinks or constantly re-adjusting them all the time then give up wearing them. Another choice of clothing/outfit will probably work miles better "

No weird that you were asserting that the majority of women don’t because that was contradicting my experience. But you obviously have the stats.

Thanks anyway for answering the actual Q.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

"I wear the same clothes I was wearing like a decade ago. In fact one of my favourite t-shirts I got when I was 15.

I’m 25 by the way. "

Are you wearing a tucked in Tshirt when we go out next

over a year ago

"Shorts n vest

Not fussy about makes unless its trainers must have bright coloured nikes as i could never have em as a kid

The fact you wear bright coloured Nikes tells me you wear whatever you like and I love that

I used to have a pair of bright red Adidas superstars that I loved so much. "

i have no style but my own like it or lump it even if i go to tesco without a shirt on sometimes

over a year ago

I’m 25 by the way.

Are you wearing a tucked in Tshirt when we go out next "

No absolutely not.

over a year ago

"I don’t wear skinny jeans and my balls dont got into them also I hate skinny jeans do you like them and not wear them? Or just don’t like them?

I like my cargos personally "

Fair.

over a year ago

Lincoln

K

If you like them, do it!

It should be about what you think not others. "

I will be far enough from the UK so the chance I will ever see any of those people again is pretty slim and therefore it shouldn't matter what they think That being said I might still chicken out

K

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

"Crop tops?

I'd only ever wear clothes I felt comfortable in, if you spend half the day paranoid what you look like, what someone else thinks or constantly re-adjusting them all the time then give up wearing them. Another choice of clothing/outfit will probably work miles better

No weird that you were asserting that the majority of women don’t because that was contradicting my experience. But you obviously have the stats.

Thanks anyway for answering the actual Q. "

No, weird as in you haven't actually read my answer to your question properly.

Most women don't wear crop tops as our boobs and bodies don't allow it

Also with ages as well a lot of us wouldn't dream to do so past a certain age.

Your age difference to mine and the people you know to the ones I know are vastly different and I can assure you, a lot of us past a certain age wouldn't look good rocking a crop top!!

That is my answer to your question, I didn't refer to your experience at all in my response. If you want to wear skinny jeans with a tshirt tucked in or a crop top you do so , you rock you!

Answers will be different amongst various age groups

over a year ago

Lincoln

K

Well I'm sure you know what I think you should do. "

I will ask LvM to take some pics if I do

K

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Yes. There is a hell of a lot I won't wear because of my size.

over a year ago

Hats....never suit me !

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I also never used to wear vests in the gym because I didn't think I was big enough to justify wearing them

I totally hear that. I feel like super skinny jeans are things I would avoid but I have a really tight pair and my partner likes them but I just don’t feel comfortable going out in them. Also totally get the best thing. Especially because it might feel people at the gym are judging. "

That's exactly it! First time I worse a vest, I felt so naked and as if people were looking that I put my hoodie back on and did the rest of my workout workout in that. Then I powered through one session with the best and it became easier from there and didn't care as much because I was looking absolutely wham

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

I wear what I like and largely it’s age appropriate! Not all of it but I at least wear things I think suit me!

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

Hmm I probably don’t wear most of my wardrobe at as I know I’ve gained weight and especially my tummy/hips I’m not comfortable with

Even when I was younger I never wore crop tops as I thought I was fat…looking back I didn’t look half bad! How typical hehe

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

"I avoided crop tops for years. I'm chubby, can't be doing that. Have to wear bras out because if my boobs aren't under my chin are they even there?

Went braless Friday night, wore a white crop top and absolutely loved life. Really couldn't give two hoots if folk thought I looked awful (when I was there!)"

Aww you looked amazing on Friday night!! But that’s so exciting that you went for it and loved it!

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I like/love wearing skinny jeans. They're not everyone's cup of tea.

I have "sparrow legs" and therefore I just wear them to accentuate the look.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I feel I need to qualify the following by saying I am not hung up about, conscious of, insecure about or in any way negative about my age.

There are things I won't wear due to it though.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Went braless Friday night, wore a white crop top and absolutely loved life. Really couldn't give two hoots if folk thought I looked awful (when I was there!)

My partner has very big boobs. Like GG and she went braless for the first time a year or so ago and I know it was tough for her to get to that point.

You’re really beautiful I bet you looked great. "

Ah the struggles of the GG cup! It's quite difficult to get there, but it's so beautiful when you do. Thank you Steve, that means a lot coming from you. I felt happy. Even sexy! I can't keep on wearing jumpers and cardigans for the rest of my life.

I think do what makes you happy when it comes to clothing. If it sparks joy in you, wear it Steve. Celebrate. There'll come a time when you'll look back on photos and think how beautiful you were. You are right now. So why not rejoice in that? Be all of you unashamedly. Get that piercing. Wear that t-shirt tucked in.

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

"I wouldn't wear ripped jeans or speedos "

Ripped skinny jeans on men are ridiculous as fuck.

By *irtuousBullMan
over a year ago

lake district

Vests to the gym are a no go, I feel like even if I did have big arms, I still wouldn't wear one

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"I wouldn't wear ripped jeans or speedos

Ripped skinny jeans on men are ridiculous as fuck. "

I like my ripped jeans but I wear boot cut ones. The rips are just wear from the years I’ve had them. I’ve never bought them that way

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

I like my ripped jeans but I wear boot cut ones. The rips are just wear from the years I’ve had them. I’ve never bought them that way "

Boot cuts even worse. Lol.

But at least they're not bought ripped.

over a year ago

The list is long. Sleeveless anything, short skirts, polo necks, stripes, crop tops.

Too many rules.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I like my ripped jeans but I wear boot cut ones. The rips are just wear from the years I’ve had them. I’ve never bought them that way

But at least they're not bought ripped. "

I started wearing them years ago as they fitted over my skates

over a year ago

Anything where my gunt shows

over a year ago

Not so much size & weight related....but there's stuff I look at and need to remind myself that I'm pushing 50.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

I started wearing them years ago as they fitted over my skates "

And they don't make feet in boots look huge

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

And they don't make feet in boots look huge "

That’s an added bonus with my size 12s

over a year ago

Crop tops past your early 20s look daft IMO.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Crop tops past your early 20s look daft IMO."

There's actually a Facebook group for women over 50 who wear crop tops

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

"Crop tops past your early 20s look daft IMO.

There's actually a Facebook group for women over 50 who wear crop tops "

aren't they just wearing oven gloves?

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

That’s an added bonus with my size 12s "

And with my size 9's

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

And with my size 9's "

Still in heels range though with a 9 only just though

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There's actually a Facebook group for women over 50 who wear crop tops aren't they just wearing oven gloves? "

Erm, no

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I prefer the lamp lovers Facebook group

over a year ago

I was in a vintage clothing shop this weekend, in Bath. They had 'T shirts from the 90's'.........

Fuck me, I still wear clothes from the 80's...

By *urora1912Woman
over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

No to crop tops I've got a mum tum

No to short dresses as I don't like my legs

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Wouldn't wear a crop top these days, age and body wise.

Or a really short skirt.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

And with my size 9's

Still in heels range though with a 9 only just though "

Heels only come out for when I'm with tall people, I'm 6ft 2 in the shortest of heels

over a year ago

I've never gotten to wear a crop top.

Best believe that when I finally get down to goal I'm gonna wear the fuck out of them. Don't care if I'm 35 or 69; after a lifetime of failed diets my stomach deserves to be getting aired to the world

over a year ago

When I hit 50 I’m going bib liner all the way. Fuck convention (and laundry)

By *hinstrapMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

I used to always clothes way bigger than they needed to be due to my hefty dadbod. Not so much no. After.loosing some timber I only go one size bigger for comfort

By *hinstrapMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

I used to always clothes way bigger than they needed to be due to my hefty dadbod. Not so much no. After.loosing some timber I only go one size bigger for comfort

over a year ago

"No, weird as in you haven't actually read my answer to your question properly.

Your age difference to mine and the people you know to the ones I know are vastly different and I can assure you, a lot of us past a certain age wouldn't look good rocking a crop top!!

That is my answer to your question, I didn't refer to your experience at all in my response. If you want to wear skinny jeans with a tshirt tucked in or a crop top you do so , you rock you!

Answers will be different amongst various age groups "

Anyway, thanks Dreamyboo

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Never used to but I just wear what I like now would never even get my legs out in the summer years back. Now I live in cycling shorts.

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

If an outfit looks good on you, then size dosnt come into it at all.

If Karen is a size 18 and looks good in a tight bandeau mini dress, being a size 18 means nothing. It not what you wear but how you wear it and dressing for your body shape.

over a year ago

K

If you like them, do it!

I will be far enough from the UK so the chance I will ever see any of those people again is pretty slim and therefore it shouldn't matter what they think That being said I might still chicken out

K"

Don’t

Do it do it do it!

I’m rooting for you, we’re all rooting for you

over a year ago

"Yes. There is a hell of a lot I won't wear because of my size."

Posh, you must wear it! I know your rock it well!

over a year ago

"Hats....never suit me ! "

You just haven’t found the right one yet, homie

over a year ago

I totally hear that. I feel like super skinny jeans are things I would avoid but I have a really tight pair and my partner likes them but I just don’t feel comfortable going out in them. Also totally get the best thing. Especially because it might feel people at the gym are judging.

That's exactly it! First time I worse a vest, I felt so naked and as if people were looking that I put my hoodie back on and did the rest of my workout workout in that. Then I powered through one session with the best and it became easier from there and didn't care as much because I was looking absolutely wham "

I was gonna say, you are wham.

WHAM* even.

over a year ago

K

If you like them, do it!

K"

If I can wear a bikini to the beach, so can you!

Mind you, I was terrified but no one died (even got chatted up by a hot guy haha) and I was somehow brave enough to post it to insta where I got a bunch of compliments

Honestly go for it!

over a year ago

"I wear what I like and largely it’s age appropriate! Not all of it but I at least wear things I think suit me!

"

Age appropriate is a socially created myth!

Anything is age appropriate. But keep on with the whatever suits you approach!

over a year ago

"Hmm I probably don’t wear most of my wardrobe at as I know I’ve gained weight and especially my tummy/hips I’m not comfortable with

Even when I was younger I never wore crop tops as I thought I was fat…looking back I didn’t look half bad! How typical hehe "

I hate that we don’t see ourselves the way others do sometimes. But try it on, see if you’re rocking it. If you are keep it and wear it!

over a year ago

"I wear what I like and largely it’s age appropriate! Not all of it but I at least wear things I think suit me!

Anything is age appropriate. But keep on with the whatever suits you approach! "

Although... To be fair... Did you see Madonna on Jimmy Fallon dressed like Billie Eilish with actual grills in her mouth?

over a year ago

Ripped skinny jeans on men are ridiculous as fuck. "

Thanks for this on a thread uplifting people. appreciate you, bro

over a year ago

Anything is age appropriate. But keep on with the whatever suits you approach!

Although... To be fair... Did you see Madonna on Jimmy Fallon dressed like Billie Eilish with actual grills in her mouth? "

Madonna is a rare case of me saying, and meaning, ‘it’s not your age, it’s just that you don’t look good in it.’

over a year ago

"I like/love wearing skinny jeans. They're not everyone's cup of tea.

I have "sparrow legs" and therefore I just wear them to accentuate the look. "

You good in skinny jeans

over a year ago

"I feel I need to qualify the following by saying I am not hung up about, conscious of, insecure about or in any way negative about my age.

There are things I won't wear due to it though. "

I wouldn’t let age stop you. If it looks good it looks good. But you do you

over a year ago

You’re really beautiful I bet you looked great.

Ah the struggles of the GG cup! It's quite difficult to get there, but it's so beautiful when you do. Thank you Steve, that means a lot coming from you. I felt happy. Even sexy! I can't keep on wearing jumpers and cardigans for the rest of my life.

I think do what makes you happy when it comes to clothing. If it sparks joy in you, wear it Steve. Celebrate. There'll come a time when you'll look back on photos and think how beautiful you were. You are right now. So why not rejoice in that? Be all of you unashamedly. Get that piercing. Wear that t-shirt tucked in.

"

Meli, this is so lovely. Thank you. I’m not at that stage of my journey yet but it’s the next stop, I’m sure.

over a year ago

"Vests to the gym are a no go, I feel like even if I did have big arms, I still wouldn't wear one "

I hear this. But you know what, the gym is the place to wear it. Really, guys and gals in the gym are respecting the fact that you’re actually there.

over a year ago

"The list is long. Sleeveless anything, short skirts, polo necks, stripes, crop tops.

Too many rules. "

If it looks good. Wear it. And I’ve not a doubt in my mind that you could pull these off with the right fit!

over a year ago

"Anything where my gunt shows "

You are beautiful and you had better see what we see and wear what you fucking want

over a year ago

"Not so much size & weight related....but there's stuff I look at and need to remind myself that I'm pushing 50."

Pushing 50 isn’t that deep. At least you’re not 50

No but seriously, if you can pull it off, wear it when you want. If you believe clothes in your size have an age limit then lol I don’t know what to tell you. Long day.

over a year ago

Why can’t we just have a thread where we’re not sneak dissing other people and their decisions.

over a year ago

I've never gotten to wear a crop top.

Best believe that when I finally get down to goal I'm gonna wear the fuck out of them. Don't care if I'm 35 or 69; after a lifetime of failed diets my stomach deserves to be getting aired to the world "

MY FUCKING GIRL tell em

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Why can’t we just have a thread where we’re not sneak dissing other people and their decisions. "

Because no one is, its how you continually read things!

They said "in their opinion"

over a year ago

"I was in a vintage clothing shop this weekend, in Bath. They had 'T shirts from the 90's'.........

Fuck me, I still wear clothes from the 80's... "

Yeah as the lyric goes ‘no for real, ask your grandpa, can I have his hand me downs’

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Anyway, thanks Dreamyboo "

You're more than welcome Steven remember all opinions count

over a year ago

Why can’t we just have a thread where we’re not sneak dissing other people and their decisions.

Because no one is, its how you continually read things!

They said "in their opinion"

"

Ok thanks anyway Dreamyboo

over a year ago

Anyway, thanks Dreamyboo

You're more than welcome Steven remember all opinions count "

#AllLivesMatter #Stephen

over a year ago

"Wouldn't wear a crop top these days, age and body wise.

Or a really short skirt."

I’d like to see it though.

over a year ago

"No to crop tops I've got a mum tum

No to short dresses as I don't like my legs "

But these shouldn’t be reasons not to wear things. But I absolutely hear you.

over a year ago

"When I hit 50 I’m going bib liner all the way. Fuck convention (and laundry) "

You would rock this well to be fair

over a year ago

"Never used to but I just wear what I like now would never even get my legs out in the summer years back. Now I live in cycling shorts."

YES YES YESS

over a year ago

"If an outfit looks good on you, then size dosnt come into it at all.

If Karen is a size 18 and looks good in a tight bandeau mini dress, being a size 18 means nothing. It not what you wear but how you wear it and dressing for your body shape. "

YES

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I don't wear anything that shows my belly fat because I can't stand looking at it, much less want to inflict it on others. Due to disability and stuff, some clothes are now uncomfortable or impractical, such as floaty skirt fabrics or anything textured on my bad leg. Lots of shoes no longer fit my fat foot and I can't wear heels anymore either.

I bought a brightly coloured playsuit to the pre social on Friday. It's not something I'd have chosen usually, but took a punt on it. My initial reaction was "absolutely not" but Mr KC said it looked good (he's always very honest) so I gave it a go. Other people at the pre social seemed like think it looked good too!

By *o scandalousWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don’t wear crop tops. I don’t want to frighten folk.

If I wear wet look leggings I team it with a vest top and an over shirt.

over a year ago

I still wear crop tops. Usually with something high waisted though to hold in the belly

I don't really follow fashion trends, just wear things that I feel good in

over a year ago

That's me telt!

over a year ago

Why can’t we just have a thread where we’re not sneak dissing other people and their decisions. "

Cause the constant love bombing gets on my tits if I'm being completely honest.

I'm sure the Fab Forumites are thick skinned enough not to give two fucks about the opinion of some mad old bint from Glasgow who swears too much.

over a year ago

I won't usuallyy wear spaghetti strap vest tops or dresses because my shoulders are so broad and they draw attention to that area.

over a year ago

"I won't usuallyy wear spaghetti strap vest tops or dresses because my shoulders are so broad and they draw attention to that area. "

That extra 'y' was definitely on purpose ^^

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I'm sure the Fab Forumites are thick skinned enough not to give two fucks about the opinion of some mad old bint from Glasgow who swears too much."

My perfect woman

over a year ago

"I won't usuallyy wear spaghetti strap vest tops or dresses because my shoulders are so broad and they draw attention to that area. "

I have a birth mark that I was very self conscious of and it stopped me from wearing tops like that for years.

A d*unk girl in a pub loo actually asked me if it was a shark bite (her attempt at humour).

I like my shoulders and arms now so wear it and don't care too much now.

over a year ago

I'm sure the Fab Forumites are thick skinned enough not to give two fucks about the opinion of some mad old bint from Glasgow who swears too much."

It's a shame you don't like crop tops at your age because I feel like they would look amazing on you.

Just saying.

over a year ago

I'm sure the Fab Forumites are thick skinned enough not to give two fucks about the opinion of some mad old bint from Glasgow who swears too much.

It's a shame you don't like crop tops at your age because I feel like they would look amazing on you.

Just saying. "

Thanks Mrs.

I have a face like Zelda from the Terrahawks though so would need a paper bag for my nut

over a year ago

North West

"I won't usuallyy wear spaghetti strap vest tops or dresses because my shoulders are so broad and they draw attention to that area.

That extra 'y' was definitely on purpose ^^"

On the contrayy, I like to show off my back and shoulders because they're wayy better to look at than the squishy bit in the middle

#homage

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

I don't follow fashion

that'd be a joke....

over a year ago

North West

"I don't follow fashion

that'd be a joke.... "

Not a dedicated follower, then?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

If you have nice tits bum or legs ..show them off ...at any shape or age

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"I don't wear anything that shows my belly fat because I can't stand looking at it, much less want to inflict it on others. Due to disability and stuff, some clothes are now uncomfortable or impractical, such as floaty skirt fabrics or anything textured on my bad leg. Lots of shoes no longer fit my fat foot and I can't wear heels anymore either.

I bought a brightly coloured playsuit to the pre social on Friday. It's not something I'd have chosen usually, but took a punt on it. My initial reaction was "absolutely not" but Mr KC said it looked good (he's always very honest) so I gave it a go. Other people at the pre social seemed like think it looked good too! "

Went out with my sister a few weeks back. She worse a play/jump suit. She absolutely rocked it. The zip though is at the back so she either needs someone to go the loo with to undo then do it up again. I suggested a bit of ribbon or whatever, something like they do on wetsuits.. she said no to that but I know she won't. She has way too much fun finding a fella to do the zip for her lol

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"I don't follow fashion

that'd be a joke....

Not a dedicated follower, then?"

I spend my cash on looking flash...and grabbing your attention!

over a year ago

North West

"I don't wear anything that shows my belly fat because I can't stand looking at it, much less want to inflict it on others. Due to disability and stuff, some clothes are now uncomfortable or impractical, such as floaty skirt fabrics or anything textured on my bad leg. Lots of shoes no longer fit my fat foot and I can't wear heels anymore either.

I bought a brightly coloured playsuit to the pre social on Friday. It's not something I'd have chosen usually, but took a punt on it. My initial reaction was "absolutely not" but Mr KC said it looked good (he's always very honest) so I gave it a go. Other people at the pre social seemed like think it looked good too!

Went out with my sister a few weeks back. She worse a play/jump suit. She absolutely rocked it. The zip though is at the back so she either needs someone to go the loo with to undo then do it up again. I suggested a bit of ribbon or whatever, something like they do on wetsuits.. she said no to that but I know she won't. She has way too much fun finding a fella to do the zip for her lol"

Mine zips up at the front. It can be zipped *UP* or down a bit

over a year ago

Lincoln

K

If you like them, do it!

K

Don’t

Do it do it do it!

I’m rooting for you, we’re all rooting for you "

You are so sweet Steve

K

over a year ago

Lincoln

K

If you like them, do it!

K

If I can wear a bikini to the beach, so can you!

Mind you, I was terrified but no one died (even got chatted up by a hot guy haha) and I was somehow brave enough to post it to insta where I got a bunch of compliments

Honestly go for it! "

I've always been wearing bikini to the beach, that's not the issue. It's the 'thing'spart that terrifies me as my butt has a lot of cellulite on it.

I will probably give it a go now that all of you hyped me up about it

K

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

If an item of clothing makes me feel self conscious in any way, no amount of struggling to get over how I feel about it would make me wear it.

Similarly, if there's a part of my body I'm not entirely happy with, I'm not going to wear clothes that put that on show.

I don't feel my clothes choices are restricted by any of this

Post new Message to Thread