Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Erectile Dysfunction

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Is this the elephant in the fab room...

It appears that men should not comment on women who menstruate. If that is true then should women not comment on male matters of erectile dysfunction... ?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Odd comparison Tom!

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Odd comparison Tom!"

Odd why?

Reply privately

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

It’s certainly a bone of contention Tom

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That's a hard one, Tom.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hard subject to talk about

*Biddumtish*

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haha pun central this one

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Is this the elephant in the fab room...

It appears that men should not comment on women who menstruate. If that is true then should women not comment on male matters of erectile dysfunction... ?"

Why not include the question "or should they man up?" Tom? You felt it appropriate to add that to your thread on athlete's menstrual cycles. Why the difference?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?"

Dunno just is. Why can’t men comment on women who menstruate? I feel I’ve maybe missed something. I saw that men shouldn’t have an opinion/comment on abortion (which I stayed out of because I don’t really agree) but that’s all.

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

More like the elephant won't get in the room...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

It appears that men should not comment on women who menstruate. If that is true then should women not comment on male matters of erectile dysfunction... ?

Why not include the question "or should they man up?" Tom? You felt it appropriate to add that to your thread on athlete's menstrual cycles. Why the difference?"

Ah the athlete one!! I didn’t read all that.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Why not include the question "or should they man up?" Tom? You felt it appropriate to add that to your thread on athlete's menstrual cycles. Why the difference?"

Not you again..

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Why not include the question "or should they man up?" Tom? You felt it appropriate to add that to your thread on athlete's menstrual cycles. Why the difference?

Not you again.."

Why not just answer the question?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Ah the athlete one!! I didn’t read all that. "

Don't blame you.. it was hijacked by bores

Reply privately

By *r-8-BBCMan
over a year ago

LONDON

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?"

Soft topic

Reply privately

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Erectile dysfunction - let the person you are about to try sex with know you have a problem. If the person is female, don't finger blast her unless invited to !

Reply privately

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Dunno just is. Why can’t men comment on women who menstruate? I feel I’ve maybe missed something. I saw that men shouldn’t have an opinion/comment on abortion (which I stayed out of because I don’t really agree) but that’s all. "

They shouldn't comment on the effects of menstruation either, nor should they be employed as a project manager for a scheme providing free sanitary products.

I'm not expressing an opinion on these statements, merely reporting them from recent threads.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Dunno just is. Why can’t men comment on women who menstruate? I feel I’ve maybe missed something. I saw that men shouldn’t have an opinion/comment on abortion (which I stayed out of because I don’t really agree) but that’s all.

They shouldn't comment on the effects of menstruation either, nor should they be employed as a project manager for a scheme providing free sanitary products.

I'm not expressing an opinion on these statements, merely reporting them from recent threads.

Mr"

. Oh dear! Actually I remember the sanitary one. I’ve been really good lately. I’ve been staying out of those kind of threads

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Dunno just is. Why can’t men comment on women who menstruate? I feel I’ve maybe missed something. I saw that men shouldn’t have an opinion/comment on abortion (which I stayed out of because I don’t really agree) but that’s all. "

Actually Nora that's not what was said. If you had read the abortion thread you would know there were men on there that were deliberately being obtuse and that is what I was referring to. If you are going to quote something I said from another thread please make sure it's accurate and in context. Again if you had read either of these threads you would have seen the nastiness towards women was out in force.

Reply privately

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

It seems Tom is up against some stiff competition

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr"

Tom will make a reporter out of you yet...

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Actually Nora that's not what was said. If you had read the abortion thread you would know there were men on there that were deliberately being obtuse and that is what I was referring to. If you are going to quote something I said from another thread please make sure it's accurate and in context. Again if you had read either of these threads you would have seen the nastiness towards women was out in force. "

Obtuse? What angle where they coming from ?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

It appears that men should not comment on women who menstruate. If that is true then should women not comment on male matters of erectile dysfunction... ?"

Well as its all their fault for not doing it right... (too much?)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr"

You are not reporting it accurately though. The only time objections have been made have been when men have tried to dismiss the issue or suggest it is a non issue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Actually Nora that's not what was said. If you had read the abortion thread you would know there were men on there that were deliberately being obtuse and that is what I was referring to. If you are going to quote something I said from another thread please make sure it's accurate and in context. Again if you had read either of these threads you would have seen the nastiness towards women was out in force.

Obtuse? What angle where they coming from ?"

TOM DONE A JOKE

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Obtuse? What angle where they coming from ?"

180°. Most were in a parallel universe.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Actually Nora that's not what was said. If you had read the abortion thread you would know there were men on there that were deliberately being obtuse and that is what I was referring to. If you are going to quote something I said from another thread please make sure it's accurate and in context. Again if you had read either of these threads you would have seen the nastiness towards women was out in force. "

No idea who said what. Im not quoting anyone! I skipped through and remember seeing some comments.

Reply privately

over a year ago

that question was a bit of a flop....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

No idea who said what. Im not quoting anyone! I skipped through and remember seeing some comments. "

Oh you hadn't read the thread properly but thought you would bring something into this thread from another one that you haven't actually read?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

He just reports the news then people get themselves mad then other people get mad that they’re mad and it’s madception and he’s literally just reporting the news

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

No idea who said what. Im not quoting anyone! I skipped through and remember seeing some comments.

Oh you hadn't read the thread properly but thought you would bring something into this thread from another one that you haven't actually read? "

Yes. Yes I did. That ok? Or should I have checked with you first?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

No idea who said what. Im not quoting anyone! I skipped through and remember seeing some comments. "

Mostly by the hysterical who see the word menstruate in a post and immediately are outraged..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Oh you hadn't read the thread properly but thought you would bring something into this thread from another one that you haven't actually read?

Yes. Yes I did. That ok? Or should I have checked with you first?"

I just think it's rather provocative. If you had read either of those threads you would have had a better understanding as why some people objected to some of the comments mainly made by men.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"He just reports the news then people get themselves mad then other people get mad that they’re mad and it’s madception and he’s literally just reporting the news "

He is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

I just think it's rather provocative. If you had read either of those threads you would have had a better understanding as why some people objected to some of the comments mainly made by men. "

Provocative? Jesus I only popped on here for 5 minutes before I went to bed. I’ll leave you to argue with someone else I’m really not in the mood.

Night all x

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

I just think it's rather provocative. If you had read either of those threads you would have had a better understanding as why some people objected to some of the comments mainly made by men. "

Dunno if I’m reading it right, but you seem provocative right now

She says she didnt like the idea on the other thread that men shouldn’t have an opinion. That’s all

And your suddenly very aggressive? What’s up, if Tomd threads have upset you made take a break from the forum?

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"He just reports the news then people get themselves mad then other people get mad that they’re mad and it’s madception and he’s literally just reporting the news "

No, he doesn't report the news. He selectively paraphrases things found in some media outlets, without sharing the source, often with a spin put on it. The ones on animals can be considered silly/amusing perhaps but when it's about something that has a real impact on people's lives, it does get the hackles up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would love to fight any woman who says anything negative about erectile dysfunction but I just can’t get up for it.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"He just reports the news then people get themselves mad then other people get mad that they’re mad and it’s madception and he’s literally just reporting the news

No, he doesn't report the news. He selectively paraphrases things found in some media outlets, without sharing the source, often with a spin put on it. The ones on animals can be considered silly/amusing perhaps but when it's about something that has a real impact on people's lives, it does get the hackles up. "

Well I like his news

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

I just think it's rather provocative. If you had read either of those threads you would have had a better understanding as why some people objected to some of the comments mainly made by men.

She says she didnt like the idea on the other thread that men shouldn’t have an opinion. That’s all

And your suddenly very aggressive? What’s up, if Tomd threads have upset you made take a break from the forum? "

Seeing as it was a comment that I made but taken out of context and brought into another thread I had every right to comment. I'm not angry I am simply highlighting quite a bit of hypocrisy. I'm sorry that you see a woman expressing her views as aggressive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"He just reports the news then people get themselves mad then other people get mad that they’re mad and it’s madception and he’s literally just reporting the news

No, he doesn't report the news. He selectively paraphrases things found in some media outlets, without sharing the source, often with a spin put on it. The ones on animals can be considered silly/amusing perhaps but when it's about something that has a real impact on people's lives, it does get the hackles up.

Well I like his news "

Which is wonderful for you

Reply privately

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

He is.

"

Except this time it seems.

What's going on here people?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

No, he doesn't report the news. He selectively paraphrases things found in some media outlets, without sharing the source, often with a spin put on it. The ones on animals can be considered silly/amusing perhaps but when it's about something that has a real impact on people's lives, it does get the hackles up. "

Not you again...

Reply privately

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Men can comment on any thread and women can comment on any thread is the way I look at it

No matter the subject it can effect everyone and anyone and each sex is capable of boring the bejayus out of anyone else

Although looking at it from Ireland women seem to be getting sidelined or deleted in The UK

People who menstruate are called women

A sanitary towel / tampon expect should be a woman

Just my opinions ....you don't have to agree or disagree

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

And your suddenly very aggressive? What’s up, if Tomd threads have upset you made take a break from the forum?

Seeing as it was a comment that I made but taken out of context and brought into another thread I had every right to comment. I'm not angry I am simply highlighting quite a bit of hypocrisy. I'm sorry that you see a woman expressing her views as aggressive. "

But I made the same comment

Why are you assuming she’s quoting you? Are you ok?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I can’t get hard it’s likely because she’s ugly.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"

People who menstruate are called women

"

Thats how JK sees it and many athletes presumably...

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"If I can’t get hard it’s likely because she’s ugly. "
that's mean

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I can’t get hard it’s likely because she’s ugly. "

That's why bags were invented

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I can’t get hard it’s likely because she’s ugly.

That's why bags were invented "

Drugs are bad

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I can’t get hard it’s likely because she’s ugly. that's mean "

If I were a girl I’d have been in mean girls

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's why bags were invented "

Jesus.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Jesus. "

Paper, obviously. Unless you have a kink with relation to the 'a' word that we cannot type.....

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"

I'm sorry that you see a woman expressing her views as aggressive. "

Or perhaps he is saying that a woman is expressing her views aggressively..

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Is this the right room for an argument?

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

To be fair, I don't have much to say about men using their inability to get hard as an excuse for losing a game.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"To be fair, I don't have much to say about men using their inability to get hard as an excuse for losing a game.

"

It's why jousting matches are lost, on a weekly basis. I'm sure of it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jesus.

Paper, obviously. Unless you have a kink with relation to the 'a' word that we cannot type....."

I don’t. Though I’m sure there’s many people out there that would like to play that game with me, it’s just not my bag.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Is this the right room for an argument? "

The ten minute or the thirty minute argument ?

Reply privately

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

"Is this the right room for an argument? "

Yes, 5 minutes or the full half hour?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm sorry that you see a woman expressing her views as aggressive.

Or perhaps he is saying that a woman is expressing her views aggressively.. "

Would you like to elaborate and tell me exactly how I was aggressive please Tom.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Nice. But she wasn’t expressing them aggressively?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Is this the right room for an argument?

Yes, 5 minutes or the full half hour?"

Tom is not arguing with you Glyn

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah the athlete one!! I didn’t read all that.

Don't blame you.. it was hijacked by bores "

Lovely

Reply privately

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

Yes, 5 minutes or the full half hour?

Tom is not arguing with you Glyn"

I know. I was just supplying the next line of the sketch.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Yes, 5 minutes or the full half hour?"

I've told you once

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I think sometimes men see women expressing a view at ALL as aggressive...

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"

Would you like to elaborate and tell me exactly how I was aggressive please Tom. "

Seeing a comment that could be about a number of people, automatically applying it to yourself, then telling the user off and saying they’re being provocative by quoting you wrong, when they didn’t quite anyone

That’s aggressive paranoid behaviour to me. It’s weird you instantly assumed it was about you and went on the attack right off the bat

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"

I think sometimes men see women expressing a view at ALL as aggressive..."

I don't doubt that you believe that for a second...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shutting people's opinions down does not sit well with me, nobody has the right to tell anyone that their views don't count, of course men can have opinions on menstruation and abortion....We might not agree but it is our right to express that as we base our knowledge from our own experiences and perspectives.

What I don't like is decisions being made for others by people who clearly have no clue

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I think sometimes men see women expressing a view at ALL as aggressive...

I don't doubt that you believe that for a second... "

Not all men obvs, Tom

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I think sometimes men see women expressing a view at ALL as aggressive..."

Any excuse to whip out their ‘calm down, dear’ or to call you ‘Hun’

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Would you like to elaborate and tell me exactly how I was aggressive please Tom.

Seeing a comment that could be about a number of people, automatically applying it to yourself, then telling the user off and saying they’re being provocative by quoting you wrong, when they didn’t quite anyone

That’s aggressive paranoid behaviour to me. It’s weird you instantly assumed it was about you and went on the attack right off the bat "

But it was me that said that and no one else on the thread did. I was very clear in what I said and I would really appreciate you stopping making assumptions about me and my personality. The poster then openly admitted she hadn't actually read the thread and that was the point I was making but if she had she would have understood the context.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr"

I don't think anyone said men shouldn't comment on menstruation although no doubt your beady eyes will prove me wrong. It was telling women to "man up" that offended.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That’s aggressive paranoid behaviour to me. It’s weird you instantly assumed it was about you and went on the attack right off the bat "

Aggressive paranoid behaviour? Hardly!!!!!!

Reply privately

By *axmanaterMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I think Tom is just trying to get a rise out of us !

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"

That’s aggressive paranoid behaviour to me. It’s weird you instantly assumed it was about you and went on the attack right off the bat

But it was me that said that and no one else on the thread did. I was very clear in what I said and I would really appreciate you stopping making assumptions about me and my personality. The poster then openly admitted she hadn't actually read the thread and that was the point I was making but if she had she would have understood the context. "

I didn’t even see your comments and I understood what she was talking about because multiple people on that thread had some kind of “no uterus no opinion” standpoint

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Shutting people's opinions down does not sit well with me, nobody has the right to tell anyone that their views don't count, of course men can have opinions on menstruation and abortion....We might not agree but it is our right to express that as we base our knowledge from our own experiences and perspectives.

What I don't like is decisions being made for others by people who clearly have no clue "

Completely agree but that isn't what happened. Your last sentence is exactly what I and others were trying to portray on the other threads.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think Tom is just trying to get a rise out of us !"

Noooo! Surely not?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

You are not reporting it accurately though. The only time objections have been made have been when men have tried to dismiss the issue or suggest it is a non issue. "

I'm not going argue whether this is when objections are made or not - I honestly don't know. However the comments aren't that men are not allowed to dsmiss, they are very clear that men are not allowed to comment on things they don't experience. Again, I'm not saying you said that but if you read back through those threads you'll find people who have.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But it was me that said that and no one else on the thread did. I was very clear in what I said and I would really appreciate you stopping making assumptions about me and my personality. The poster then openly admitted she hadn't actually read the thread and that was the point I was making but if she had she would have understood the context.

I didn’t even see your comments and I understood what she was talking about because multiple people on that thread had some kind of “no uterus no opinion” standpoint "

No they really didn't actually. The thread is there for people to have a look at if they would like to.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"

I didn’t even see your comments and I understood what she was talking about because multiple people on that thread had some kind of “no uterus no opinion” standpoint

No they really didn't actually. The thread is there for people to have a look at if they would like to. "

I replied to some that were, and they weren’t you, so feel free to go back and read yourself.

Everyone makes mistakes though, just chill next time

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

You are not reporting it accurately though. The only time objections have been made have been when men have tried to dismiss the issue or suggest it is a non issue.

I'm not going argue whether this is when objections are made or not - I honestly don't know. However the comments aren't that men are not allowed to dsmiss, they are very clear that men are not allowed to comment on things they don't experience. Again, I'm not saying you said that but if you read back through those threads you'll find people who have.

Mr"

And if you read them back you would realise they were about women giving Personal account of things that happened to them but being dismissed by a man.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

No they really didn't actually. The thread is there for people to have a look at if they would like to.

I replied to some that were, and they weren’t you, so feel free to go back and read yourself.

Everyone makes mistakes though, just chill next time "

Like I said anybody can go back and read the comments for themselves. Please stop telling me how to conduct myself.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Well either way, Tom has successfully carried out what every media company on this earth does. Put everyone against eachother and quietly sit back to watch

Gotta applaud that

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

I don't think anyone said men shouldn't comment on menstruation although no doubt your beady eyes will prove me wrong. It was telling women to "man up" that offended. "

And you could not see the irony

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Well either way, Tom has successfully carried out what every media company on this earth does. Put everyone against eachother and quietly sit back to watch

Gotta applaud that "

Naah.. you are thinking of the Tory Party ...

And when the Tories mean party...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Shutting people's opinions down does not sit well with me, nobody has the right to tell anyone that their views don't count, of course men can have opinions on menstruation and abortion....We might not agree but it is our right to express that as we base our knowledge from our own experiences and perspectives.

What I don't like is decisions being made for others by people who clearly have no clue

Completely agree but that isn't what happened. Your last sentence is exactly what I and others were trying to portray on the other threads. "

But someone did say 'no uterus no opinion' did they not?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If this was the political forum someone would have taken the time to get all the quotes.

I'm just disappointed noone has menation p*pc*rn

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

I don't think anyone said men shouldn't comment on menstruation although no doubt your beady eyes will prove me wrong. It was telling women to "man up" that offended. "

Not sure men can comment on something we will never experience to be honest

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

Completely agree but that isn't what happened. Your last sentence is exactly what I and others were trying to portray on the other threads.

But someone did say 'no uterus no opinion' did they not?"

Which thread? And in what context? That is what is normally missing when things like this are thrown about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Mr"

I disagree with the idea that men shouldn't comment on periods or abortion. Fwiw. Yes both threads got very ...tense. But I don't think men should be excluded from commenting. Even if I disagree with their POV.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

But someone did say 'no uterus no opinion' did they not?"

They certain did in the abortion themes thread. Quite a few did

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Tom will make a reporter out of you yet... "

High praise indeed.

Mr

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which thread? And in what context? That is what is normally missing when things like this are thrown about. "

On the menstruation thread...It is there for everyone to see....I and others have mentioned it too

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bloody worse than Twitter and Facebook this place. I only came for the nudes and sex

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Which thread? And in what context? That is what is normally missing when things like this are thrown about. "

“Yep! When you can give birth to a person and the physical trauma that can cause?... Feel free to come back to me to state your case “

Directly from the abortion thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

They certain did in the abortion themes thread. Quite a few did "

They did as far as I remember.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I think women can talk about erectile dysfunction as a subject but the line would be drawn at either commenting on what it is like to have erectile dysfunction or policing how men with erectile dysfunction handle it. For example, to say that all men with erectile dysfunction should take viagra would be inappropriate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

I don't think anyone said men shouldn't comment on menstruation although no doubt your beady eyes will prove me wrong. It was telling women to "man up" that offended.

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr"

What's wrong with saying a man can't comment on something they have never experienced? Again a lot of this is about context and as a lot of women on that thread were having their personal experiences dismissed I can understand why is was said.

And I stand by the fact a man or anyone from that matter should not be able to tell a woman what she should or should not be able to do with her body which is what I took that comment to mean.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

They did as far as I remember. "

Well can you remind Lorna before she starts attacking people for quoting her wrong

Reply privately

over a year ago

They certain did in the abortion themes thread. Quite a few did "

Thank you. I thought so

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well can you remind Lorna before she starts attacking people for quoting her wrong "

Er no. Best I don't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr"

Men can and do comment on matters relating to menstruation. Fine. But men cannot speak from the perspective of having experienced menstruation. On that thread, when women explained how their menstrual cycle impacted their lives, some men told them "it's normal/natural, stop whinging" or words to that effect.

I will not venture an opinion on the psychological impact of erectile dysfunction in men. I can and will share information about the biological causes, such as diabetes, high BP or psychological reasons, but I would certainly not tell a man to stop whinging or just put up with it. I have no right to do so, as someone who can never experience it for myself.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

What's wrong with saying a man can't comment on something they have never experienced? Again a lot of this is about context and as a lot of women on that thread were having their personal experiences dismissed I can understand why is was said.

And I stand by the fact a man or anyone from that matter should not be able to tell a woman what she should or should not be able to do with her body which is what I took that comment to mean. "

Because it takes 2 people to make a baby and a man is one of them. He should be allowed to have an opinion, at least, about the termination of his child. Are you heartless?

Reply privately

over a year ago

In that thread I recall kinda agreeing with something to the effect of no uterus no opinion and explained that I actually have no problem with (cis)men having opinions on abortion, I do, we all do, but I did and still do think it’s weird to think that our opinion should hold equal weight on decisions. It’s weird. I stand by that.

No need to pile up on one person that upset you because you think they’re taking away your free speech.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Bloody worse than Twitter and Facebook this place. I only came for the nudes and sex "

As long as you don't express an opinion you'll be fine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which thread? And in what context? That is what is normally missing when things like this are thrown about.

On the menstruation thread...It is there for everyone to see....I and others have mentioned it too"

Well in that case it's absolutely correct isn't it. If you have never had a period How can you tell somebody that has that it's not an issue. I would never tell a man who was experiencing a rectal dysfunction but it isn't a problem and to man up. It seems perfectly acceptable to say that to a woman though and many defend that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

And I stand by the fact a man or anyone from that matter should not be able to tell a woman what she should or should not be able to do with her body which is what I took that comment to mean.

Because it takes 2 people to make a baby and a man is one of them. He should be allowed to have an opinion, at least, about the termination of his child. Are you heartless?"

Well legally he doesn’t over here. Neither does the state. Because forcing a woman to carry a child she doesn’t want to is a human rights violation xx

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

Because it takes 2 people to make a baby and a man is one of them. He should be allowed to have an opinion, at least, about the termination of his child. Are you heartless?

Well legally he doesn’t over here. Neither does the state. Because forcing a woman to carry a child she doesn’t want to is a human rights violation xx"

No one’s saying she has too. But can’t he have an opinion?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well can you remind Lorna before she starts attacking people for quoting her wrong

Er no. Best I don't. "

It very much seems everyone is allowed an opinion except me and it is rather nasty that people felt the need to pile on me, Call me names and generally be unpleasant. I didn't attack anyone I simply made it clear but it was neither had made the comment And it was taken out of context.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

Well legally he doesn’t over here. Neither does the state. Because forcing a woman to carry a child she doesn’t want to is a human rights violation xx

No one’s saying she has too. But can’t he have an opinion? "

Yeah, duh. As long as he’s not expecting that opinion to be taken into consideration. Because it doesn’t need to be.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Crumbs alive what a thread

But to actually answer the OP, I believe men can and should talk and ask questions about periods, pregnancy, miscarriage and everything else that happen to women. And vice versa women should be able to talk and ask questions about wet dreams, erectile dysfunction and anything else.

Only by asking questions are you able to understand others perspectives even if you don't necessarily agree with them.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

And I stand by the fact a man or anyone from that matter should not be able to tell a woman what she should or should not be able to do with her body which is what I took that comment to mean. "

Err.. How do you get pregnant without a sperm? The father should be involved in any discussions about his baby no?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

Yeah, duh. As long as he’s not expecting that opinion to be taken into consideration. Because it doesn’t need to be. "

Well, we disagree there. I think everyone’s opinion should be taken into consideration.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What you using for bait nowadays Tom? You seem to be getting plenty of bites.....

#gonefishing

Reply privately

over a year ago

On the menstruation thread...It is there for everyone to see....I and others have mentioned it too

Well in that case it's absolutely correct isn't it. If you have never had a period How can you tell somebody that has that it's not an issue. I would never tell a man who was experiencing a rectal dysfunction but it isn't a problem and to man up. It seems perfectly acceptable to say that to a woman though and many defend that. "

'A rectal dysfunctional' Is this a new thread? Surely rectal dysfunction is something we can all relate to

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Crumbs alive what a thread

But to actually answer the OP, I believe men can and should talk and ask questions about periods, pregnancy, miscarriage and everything else that happen to women. And vice versa women should be able to talk and ask questions about wet dreams, erectile dysfunction and anything else.

Only by asking questions are you able to understand others perspectives even if you don't necessarily agree with them. "

I think often though it depends what question is being asked and how it is being asked.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

Because it takes 2 people to make a baby and a man is one of them. He should be allowed to have an opinion, at least, about the termination of his child. Are you heartless?"

It is not the man who puts their life at risk to birth the baby!!!! Even apparently routine pregnancies can and do result in permanent injury, disability or death of the mother. It is not an equal risk situation and the overwhelming majority of the time, it is the mother who is left "holding the baby".

I'm living proof of "normal" pregnancies resulting in disability and do you know what? Nobody gives a shit. No health or social care professionals cared or care. They only cared that my daughter was healthy. No help to live as a disabled mother, nothing whatsoever. So yes, it pisses me off when there's this attitude that men should be able to persuade or force women to continue with pregnancies.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Because it takes 2 people to make a baby and a man is one of them. He should be allowed to have an opinion, at least, about the termination of his child. Are you heartless?

Yeah, duh. As long as he’s not expecting that opinion to be taken into consideration. Because it doesn’t need to be.

Well, we disagree there. I think everyone’s opinion should be taken into consideration. "

If a woman has no intention to carry a child for up to 9/10 months, why on earth does she need to consider what anyone else wants?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

It is not the man who puts their life at risk to birth the baby!!!! Even apparently routine pregnancies can and do result in permanent injury, disability or death of the mother. It is not an equal risk situation and the overwhelming majority of the time, it is the mother who is left "holding the baby".

I'm living proof of "normal" pregnancies resulting in disability and do you know what? Nobody gives a shit. No health or social care professionals cared or care. They only cared that my daughter was healthy. No help to live as a disabled mother, nothing whatsoever. So yes, it pisses me off when there's this attitude that men should be able to persuade or force women to continue with pregnancies. "

To be honest it's you I have had in mind with a lot of these threads and this is why I often say what I say because it is rarely as black-and-white as a lot of people like to think. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well in that case it's absolutely correct isn't it. If you have never had a period How can you tell somebody that has that it's not an issue. I would never tell a man who was experiencing a rectal dysfunction but it isn't a problem and to man up. It seems perfectly acceptable to say that to a woman though and many defend that. "

And that was my point was it not? To let people have their say but also have the right to challenge those views.....without debates and different opinions how can we change mindsets

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

I'm living proof of "normal" pregnancies resulting in disability and do you know what? Nobody gives a shit. No health or social care professionals cared or care. They only cared that my daughter was healthy. No help to live as a disabled mother, nothing whatsoever. So yes, it pisses me off when there's this attitude that men should be able to persuade or force women to continue with pregnancies. "

Im just asking for an opinion. A discussion.

I think it’s fucked up that a condom can break and the guy has no recourse. His kid could be terminated, he could be on the line for child support for 18 years, he could be forced to stay with a woman he doesn’t like and raise a kid he wasn’t ready for.

I think it’s fucked if we tell that guy he can’t even have an opinion or thought on the subject

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

The context is irrelevant.

The context would matter if the comment was 'you haven't experienced 'X' so your view caries no weight. To simply say no uterus, no opinion doesn't require context. It's a simple statement of the belief that a person workout a uterus cannot express an opinion on the workings of one in any circumstances or for any reason.

Incidentally, having insisted Nora was quoting you when there were comments like this on that thread is unfair and she deserves an apology.

Mr

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Crumbs alive what a thread

Only by asking questions are you able to understand others perspectives even if you don't necessarily agree with them.

I think often though it depends what question is being asked and how it is being asked. "

This is true, but I also believe it takes 2 people to have a good discussion. Occasionally I will have a discussion with someone who I totally disagree with to the point of upset but we've managed to keep the conversation going to see each others perspectives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Err.. How do you get pregnant without a sperm? The father should be involved in any discussions about his baby no? "

Men. Can’t. Tell. Women. What. To. Do. With. Their. Bodies.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

I'm living proof of "normal" pregnancies resulting in disability and do you know what? Nobody gives a shit. No health or social care professionals cared or care. They only cared that my daughter was healthy. No help to live as a disabled mother, nothing whatsoever. So yes, it pisses me off when there's this attitude that men should be able to persuade or force women to continue with pregnancies.

I think it’s fucked up that a condom can break and the guy has no recourse. His kid could be terminated, he could be on the line for child support for 18 years, he could be forced to stay with a woman he doesn’t like and raise a kid he wasn’t ready for.

I think it’s fucked if we tell that guy he can’t even have an opinion or thought on the subject "

No uterus mate.. You know the rules according to fab.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well in that case it's absolutely correct isn't it. If you have never had a period How can you tell somebody that has that it's not an issue. I would never tell a man who was experiencing a rectal dysfunction but it isn't a problem and to man up. It seems perfectly acceptable to say that to a woman though and many defend that.

And that was my point was it not? To let people have their say but also have the right to challenge those views.....without debates and different opinions how can we change mindsets"

How is it a debate though to tell a woman she should just stop moaning and get on with it. The problem is some of those views were so ingrained no amount of debate was gonna change any of their minds and it ended up with some people just being really patronising towards women.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Err.. How do you get pregnant without a sperm? The father should be involved in any discussions about his baby no?

Men. Can’t. Tell. Women. What. To. Do. With. Their. Bodies. "

They can't no, but I don't believe they shouldn't have a voice either. I know how devastated M was when I miscarried and grieved as I did. So though women have the final say with regards to their bodies, we also as a society shouldn't totally ignore the impact of this may have on men.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

I think it’s fucked if we tell that guy he can’t even have an opinion or thought on the subject "

You know I hate agreeing with you. Damn it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

What's fucked up is expecting a woman to risk tearing her anal sphincter and developing permanent faecal incontinence or having a post partum haemorrhage or lose use of her lower limbs or that she might die, to give birth against her will. It's bad enough that those very real risks exist at all.

The thread yesterday was specifically about an American women carrying a foetus with a fatal abnormality, being prevented from having an abortion. Why the fuck should she be forced to risk all of the above PLUS shoulder all the cost of giving birth, as is the case in the US?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

I think it’s fucked if we tell that guy he can’t even have an opinion or thought on the subject

What's fucked up is expecting a woman to risk tearing her anal sphincter and developing permanent faecal incontinence or having a post partum haemorrhage or lose use of her lower limbs or that she might die, to give birth against her will. It's bad enough that those very real risks exist at all.

The thread yesterday was specifically about an American women carrying a foetus with a fatal abnormality, being prevented from having an abortion. Why the fuck should she be forced to risk all of the above PLUS shoulder all the cost of giving birth, as is the case in the US?"

I asked for an opinion

Your saying I asked a woman to rip her anal sphincter?

Did you quote the wrong comment?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tom, Tom, where've you gone? Worse than David Cameron after Brexit. Start the whole thing, then disappear like a magician's assistant when the shit hits the fan.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The context would matter if the comment was 'you haven't experienced 'X' so your view caries no weight. To simply say no uterus, no opinion doesn't require context. It's a simple statement of the belief that a person workout a uterus cannot express an opinion on the workings of one in any circumstances or for any reason.

Incidentally, having insisted Nora was quoting you when there were comments like this on that thread is unfair and she deserves an apology.

Mr"

And do I deserve an apology for the nastiness that has been directed towards me? Funny how only some people get defended on these forums isn't it. I know that comment was directed at me because of Of the private conversation that went along with it. Again context is everything isn't it.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Mr

And do I deserve an apology for the nastiness that has been directed towards me? Funny how only some people get defended on these forums isn't it. I know that comment was directed at me because of Of the private conversation that went along with it. Again context is everything isn't it. "

Ah, the old “I’ve been caught out so I’ll play the victim now”

It’s a great defence

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

The thread yesterday was specifically about an American women carrying a foetus with a fatal abnormality, being prevented from having an abortion. Why the fuck should she be forced to risk all of the above PLUS shoulder all the cost of giving birth, as is the case in the US?

I asked for an opinion

Did you quote the wrong comment? "

I'm pointing out the risks that childbirth pose on the female body and why it should never be the case that a woman is forced to carry a baby against her will. Because it is her body and life on the line.

Men can have a view, an opinion yes. But they cannot be the final arbitrators because it's not the man who literally risks their life!

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Err.. How do you get pregnant without a sperm? The father should be involved in any discussions about his baby no?

Men. Can’t. Tell. Women. What. To. Do. With. Their. Bodies. "

You seem to be confusing telling someone what to do with allowing the father an opinion on their unborn child.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And that was my point was it not? To let people have their say but also have the right to challenge those views.....without debates and different opinions how can we change mindsets

How is it a debate though to tell a woman she should just stop moaning and get on with it. The problem is some of those views were so ingrained no amount of debate was gonna change any of their minds and it ended up with some people just being really patronising towards women. "

I never said those comments were debates did I?

The whole thread was a debate, as is this one.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

I asked for an opinion

I'm pointing out the risks that childbirth pose on the female body and why it should never be the case that a woman is forced to carry a baby against her will. Because it is her body and life on the line.

Men can have a view, an opinion yes. But they cannot be the final arbitrators because it's not the man who literally risks their life!"

I’d hope no men are seriously asking to be the final decision

I’m just asking that they have an opinion, a voice on this. Because it does involve them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mr

And do I deserve an apology for the nastiness that has been directed towards me? Funny how only some people get defended on these forums isn't it. I know that comment was directed at me because of Of the private conversation that went along with it. Again context is everything isn't it. "

I don't see that anyone has been nasty towards you, people have challenged you yes but not nasty

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Mr

What!!! On my kids lives that comment wasn’t directed at you! It was the no uterus no opinion comments and the like I was referring to. I wasn’t going to comment again but I am not accepting that. Unbelievable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

You seem to be confusing telling someone what to do with allowing the father an opinion on their unborn child. "

Opinions are fine. The thread yesterday was about a US woman carrying a foetus with a fatal abnormality being denied an abortion. Whilst men should be able to contribute, I disagree that it should be down to men to make these laws/decisions that only impact woman, and impact women's very lives. We're not talking about risking a parking ticket or a $100 fine or something.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They can't no, but I don't believe they shouldn't have a voice either. I know how devastated M was when I miscarried and grieved as I did. So though women have the final say with regards to their bodies, we also as a society shouldn't totally ignore the impact of this may have on men. "

I know how I felt about my partner miscarrying too. And I grieved in my own way. For a while. Men are entitled to share an opinion. You literally cannot stop that but the decision to have a baby, sorry, I don’t believe that’s ours. If a woman doesn’t want a baby then that’s the end of it. I am not changing my mind on that to be fair but as I said, legally I’m pretty sure this is a fairly clear issue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Um. This is a thread on ED. Heading to 175 and all we are doing is arguing over whether women can comment. Sigh.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

I asked for an opinion

Men can have a view, an opinion yes. But they cannot be the final arbitrators because it's not the man who literally risks their life!

I’m just asking that they have an opinion, a voice on this. Because it does involve them"

In the USA, which is where yesterday's debate centred, the law makers applying these bans on abortion are either exclusively or predominantly men. That is the context in which the comments were made.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You seem to be confusing telling someone what to do with allowing the father an opinion on their unborn child. "

Not really. I already said men are entitled to an opinion. Just not to expect it to hold much weight when it comes to deciding whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Because it’s not their body carrying the child.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Mr

And do I deserve an apology for the nastiness that has been directed towards me? Funny how only some people get defended on these forums isn't it. I know that comment was directed at me because of Of the private conversation that went along with it. Again context is everything isn't it.

What!!! On my kids lives that comment wasn’t directed at you! It was the no uterus no opinion comments and the like I was referring to. I wasn’t going to comment again but I am not accepting that. Unbelievable. "

And I just had to double check, we didn’t have a private conversation about this?? Why are you being like this?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

They can't no, but I don't believe they shouldn't have a voice either. I know how devastated M was when I miscarried and grieved as I did. So though women have the final say with regards to their bodies, we also as a society shouldn't totally ignore the impact of this may have on men.

I know how I felt about my partner miscarrying too. And I grieved in my own way. For a while. Men are entitled to share an opinion. You literally cannot stop that but the decision to have a baby, sorry, I don’t believe that’s ours. If a woman doesn’t want a baby then that’s the end of it. I am not changing my mind on that to be fair but as I said, legally I’m pretty sure this is a fairly clear issue. "

I don’t think it’s just the opinion on abortion

It’s the opinion on abortion vs keeping it

For example, if she wants an abortion, I support that

If she wants to keep it, and I don’t, I don’t support the idea of being forced to raise a kid I don’t want and pay for it. I think it’s fucked up

This “no uterus no opinion” basically boils down to waiting to pick and choose when you kill off someone’s kid or whether you wanna keep it and get in his wallet, and you don’t want men ti challenge that

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

You seem to be confusing telling someone what to do with allowing the father an opinion on their unborn child.

Opinions are fine. The thread yesterday was about a US woman carrying a foetus with a fatal abnormality being denied an abortion. Whilst men should be able to contribute, I disagree that it should be down to men to make these laws/decisions that only impact woman, and impact women's very lives. We're not talking about risking a parking ticket or a $100 fine or something. "

I didn't see yesterday's thread. I had a day off. Nobody has said on this thread that anyone should have the final say apart from the woman in need of the medical procedure.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Opinions are fine. The thread yesterday was about a US woman carrying a foetus with a fatal abnormality being denied an abortion. Whilst men should be able to contribute, I disagree that it should be down to men to make these laws/decisions that only impact woman, and impact women's very lives. We're not talking about risking a parking ticket or a $100 fine or something.

I didn't see yesterday's thread. I had a day off. Nobody has said on this thread that anyone should have the final say apart from the woman in need of the medical procedure. "

But they did in the debate yesterday, and it is that debate that has continued here. It comes out on pretty much any debate about abortion (the notion that banning abortion in all circumstances is fine, and that it's usually men making those laws). That's why people are irritated.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Not really. I already said men are entitled to an opinion. Just not to expect it to hold much weight when it comes to deciding whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Because it’s not their body carrying the child. "

And nobody on this thread has suggested a man has a decision making ability over a woman's body.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

And a further reminder, I don't think I could put myself through an abortion. I didn't when I was 16 and my son is now 20. But I'll fight tooth and nail for other women to have the right to choose and would support a friend/family member who needed or chose an abortion. I say this due to PMs suggesting I'm a baby murderer

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I didn't see yesterday's thread. I had a day off. Nobody has said on this thread that anyone should have the final say apart from the woman in need of the medical procedure.

But they did in the debate yesterday, and it is that debate that has continued here. It comes out on pretty much any debate about abortion (the notion that banning abortion in all circumstances is fine, and that it's usually men making those laws). That's why people are irritated. "

.. Not in this thread. Haven't seen that opinion expressed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And a further reminder, I don't think I could put myself through an abortion. I didn't when I was 16 and my son is now 20. But I'll fight tooth and nail for other women to have the right to choose and would support a friend/family member who needed or chose an abortion. I say this due to PMs suggesting I'm a baby murderer "

What the fuck?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

But they did in the debate yesterday, and it is that debate that has continued here. It comes out on pretty much any debate about abortion (the notion that banning abortion in all circumstances is fine, and that it's usually men making those laws). That's why people are irritated. .. Not in this thread. Haven't seen that opinion expressed. "

Sigh. The debate that was initiated here on the "no uterus no opinion" was picked up and carried over from yesterday. Which is the context those comments were made in. Hence the way this has unfolded - yesterday's discussion has effectively continued here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"And a further reminder, I don't think I could put myself through an abortion. I didn't when I was 16 and my son is now 20. But I'll fight tooth and nail for other women to have the right to choose and would support a friend/family member who needed or chose an abortion. I say this due to PMs suggesting I'm a baby murderer

What the fuck?! "

Lurkers, presumably.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But they did in the debate yesterday, and it is that debate that has continued here. It comes out on pretty much any debate about abortion (the notion that banning abortion in all circumstances is fine, and that it's usually men making those laws). That's why people are irritated. .. Not in this thread. Haven't seen that opinion expressed.

Sigh. The debate that was initiated here on the "no uterus no opinion" was picked up and carried over from yesterday. Which is the context those comments were made in. Hence the way this has unfolded - yesterday's discussion has effectively continued here."

Because Tom referenced it in his OP...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know how I felt about my partner miscarrying too. And I grieved in my own way. For a while. Men are entitled to share an opinion. You literally cannot stop that but the decision to have a baby, sorry, I don’t believe that’s ours. If a woman doesn’t want a baby then that’s the end of it. I am not changing my mind on that to be fair but as I said, legally I’m pretty sure this is a fairly clear issue.

If she wants to keep it, and I don’t, I don’t support the idea of being forced to raise a kid I don’t want and pay for it. I think it’s fucked up

This “no uterus no opinion” basically boils down to waiting to pick and choose when you kill off someone’s kid or whether you wanna keep it and get in his wallet, and you don’t want men ti challenge that"

On this I admit I’d have to do more reading but from what I’ve looked at it’s not entirely clear that you’d be required to pay child support if you’re not named on the birth certificate? Which if you didn’t want the child would surely be the case?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And a further reminder, I don't think I could put myself through an abortion. I didn't when I was 16 and my son is now 20. But I'll fight tooth and nail for other women to have the right to choose and would support a friend/family member who needed or chose an abortion. I say this due to PMs suggesting I'm a baby murderer "
FML. If you are going to be a keyboard warrior peeps, at least do it in the open, so we all know to avoid you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And a further reminder, I don't think I could put myself through an abortion. I didn't when I was 16 and my son is now 20. But I'll fight tooth and nail for other women to have the right to choose and would support a friend/family member who needed or chose an abortion. I say this due to PMs suggesting I'm a baby murderer

What the fuck?!

Lurkers, presumably. "

Well if you're reading, lurkers. I have had an abortion. Bring it.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

What the hell!!! I didn't see yesterday's thread so I'm a bit confused. Hope you reported them.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This thread was about erectile dysfunction and been hijacked into abortion and child birth...

Reply privately

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

This “no uterus no opinion” basically boils down to waiting to pick and choose when you kill off someone’s kid or whether you wanna keep it and get in his wallet, and you don’t want men ti challenge that"

Not all women want in the wallet, some of us happily do it without financial support

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This thread was about erectile dysfunction and been hijacked into abortion and child birth..."
wasn't it a thread about who can comment on what topics, Tom ?

Or do you only get ED when Mrs Essex is on her period ?

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

This “no uterus no opinion” basically boils down to waiting to pick and choose when you kill off someone’s kid or whether you wanna keep it and get in his wallet, and you don’t want men ti challenge that

On this I admit I’d have to do more reading but from what I’ve looked at it’s not entirely clear that you’d be required to pay child support if you’re not named on the birth certificate? Which if you didn’t want the child would surely be the case? "

You do in the UK by law “ You must have a child maintenance arrangement if your child is under 16 (or under 20 if they are still in full-time education). ”

Reply privately

over a year ago

On this I admit I’d have to do more reading but from what I’ve looked at it’s not entirely clear that you’d be required to pay child support if you’re not named on the birth certificate? Which if you didn’t want the child would surely be the case? "

If an unwed father is not listed on the birth certificate, he has no legal rights to the child. This includes no obligation to paying child support and no rights to visitation to custody or child support. If no father is listed on the birth certificate, the mother has sole legal rights and responsibility of the child unless a court puts visitation rights or rights to maintenance in place.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

So long as you're not married I think you're correct

Reply privately

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

Going back to the question about 'erectile dysfunction '..isn't it strange it's about the only advert on TV that doesn't include a man 'of colour '?..and I'm sorry if my terminology offends anyone, I'm still trying to get my head around what I can say without offending someone

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Not all women want in the wallet, some of us happily do it without financial support "

Some do, but it’s a little weird that the man isn’t included in that decision at all

So he has no say in what happens before birth. She could kill a baby he wants, or keep a baby he doesn’t

Then it’s her decision again after whether she wants to get a job or just take the child support

Fair fucking play to the women that do it alone

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This thread was about erectile dysfunction and been hijacked into abortion and child birth..."

Your OP ensured that, Tom.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This thread was about erectile dysfunction and been hijacked into abortion and child birth... wasn't it a thread about who can comment on what topics, Tom ?

Or do you only get ED when Mrs Essex is on her period ?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Going back to the question about 'erectile dysfunction '..isn't it strange it's about the only advert on TV that doesn't include a man 'of colour '?..and I'm sorry if my terminology offends anyone, I'm still trying to get my head around what I can say without offending someone "
wasn't Pele the face of ED at one point ?

Reply privately

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Back to the OP, I have no issue with either commenting on body matters, where I draw the line is when you try to tell someone what theu should do or feel when you will never experience it physically yourself

Reply privately

over a year ago

On this I admit I’d have to do more reading but from what I’ve looked at it’s not entirely clear that you’d be required to pay child support if you’re not named on the birth certificate? Which if you didn’t want the child would surely be the case?

So long as you're not married I think you're correct "

That's correct. You need to have parental responsibility. Via being on the birth cert or requesting it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

At least it’ll be over soon I guess

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Tom, can I decide what treatment a man has for erectile dysfunction?

What if it's having an intrusive operation that might paralyse him or make his penis totally useless?

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Not all women want in the wallet, some of us happily do it without financial support "

Reply privately

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Does cumming sometime between hello… and is anyone sitting here counted as erectile dysfunction??? Asking for a friend!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

And it's done

Reply privately

over a year ago

You do in the UK by law “ You must have a child maintenance arrangement if your child is under 16 (or under 20 if they are still in full-time education). ”"

Only if you have PR for that child.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Parental Responsibilities and Rights.

All mothers automatically obtain parental responsibilities and rights (PRRs) upon the birth of their child.

Married fathers also obtain them upon registration of the child’s birth.

Unmarried fathers only obtain PRRs if they register the child’s birth together with the mother.

If the unmarried father’s name doesn’t appear on the child’s birth certificate, they have no parental responsibilities or rights.

What this means is that an unmarried father would have to attend the registrar appointment to be placed on the birth certificate, to have any responsibility. A man not named on the birth certificate and not married to the mother does not have parental responsibility therefore does not have to pay maintenance.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Going back to the question about 'erectile dysfunction '..isn't it strange it's about the only advert on TV that doesn't include a man 'of colour '?..and I'm sorry if my terminology offends anyone, I'm still trying to get my head around what I can say without offending someone wasn't Pele the face of ED at one point ?"

He was good at keepy uppies

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

So long as you're not married I think you're correct

That's correct. You need to have parental responsibility. Via being on the birth cert or requesting it. "

I’m reading that it’s the law for both parents to provide

Where are finding the part that a guy can just dip out on the birth certificate? Not doubting I just wanna read if

Seems still kinda fucked up that a guy has to do sneaky stuff ti get past if

I support abortion in both way

Women can abort a baby

Men should be able to financially/responsibilities abort a baby - legally claim he wants nothing ti do with it and the woman had chosen to keep it alone

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

^^^An unmarried father would have to attend the appointment to register the birth. Otherwise an unmarried mother cannot register the father's name on it. Married couples - only one parent needs to attend. Unmarried parents - both have to attend.

Basically if the man disappears and dies not later seek a parental responsibility order (which he can do legally, if not on the birth cert), then he has no responsibilities.

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Odd comparison Tom!

Odd why?

Mr

Or the more succinct

No uterus, no opinion.

Mr

I asked for an opinion

I’m just asking that they have an opinion, a voice on this. Because it does involve them"

Unfortunately I have witnessed many times in my line of work where men do want the final say over what happens with their partner's pregnancy even though it is opposite to what their partner wants. Parents also too and not even just with teenagers, sometimes with their adult children too .

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

^^

Thankyou, I had no idea. Consider me in full support then

Wish I’d know that years ago, I’d have a few little long lost children trotting all over

This situationship I’ve just entered into can fuck using condoms

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

^^^No worries. Don't forget about nasty diseases too

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

^^^Update

It would seem things have changed. In theory, a parent without PR is still liable for child support. BUT it would have to be demonstrated that the man being named is indeed the father and would rely on the mother knowing how to contact the father, which in the oft-cited example of a one night stand is unlikely.

But not impossible. I retract earlier connections made between PR and child support payments.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

In that case I’m back to not support abortion

My wallet my choice

Reply privately