Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Unread messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you get frustrated by fabbers who don’t even read your message. I get that people get hundreds of messages a day , it’s just frustrating when you take the time to message after reading the profile and ensuring you fit what they are after, and the message doesn’t even get read. What are your thoughts and experiences? Please note this is not levelled at anyone personally, I’m only interested in peoples experiences that’s all.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Lots of women do as I do and check the profile in stealth mode before even considering reading the message. If the profile is not appealing why bother reading the message?

It’s also possible to read the message then mark it unread.

Why? Because with too many guys even just seeing the message has been read but we haven’t responded emboldens them to message again rudely or even abusively.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Here we go again.

By *inkyKissCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

What is stealth mode.

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Here we go again."

Yep, someone else who feels entitled... Even though they admit that they receiver will be getting 100's...

over a year ago

No it’s not something to take personally, judgements are made on initial perceptions. Not on you as a person

over a year ago

Thank you for the reply that makes a lot of sense, it’s a shame that a few guys just cannot take no for an answer. Thank you for replying

"Lots of women do as I do and check the profile in stealth mode before even considering reading the message. If the profile is not appealing why bother reading the message?

Why? Because with too many guys even just seeing the message has been read but we haven’t responded emboldens them to message again rudely or even abusively. "

By *ayHaychMan
over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

"What is stealth mode.

"

Can look at profiles without coming up on the “Looked @ me” feature.

over a year ago

No, I delete all messages I send.

I’ve no idea if they’re read or not. A reply is a pleasant surprise.

Fab is so simple.

By *he_Last_TitanMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Delete, block and move on.

over a year ago

Dear Slim, I wrote you but still ain't callin'

I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom

I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not've got 'em

There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'

By *elisandre300Woman
over a year ago

dontbefuckingnosey

"No, I delete all messages I send.

I’ve no idea if they’re read or not. A reply is a pleasant surprise.

Fab is so simple. "

This!

I only keep sent messages if I’m in the middle of a conversation with that person.

over a year ago

You're entitled to send a message & they are entitled to ignore/delete it. As the above poster says, we would stealth check the profile first, then delete if not suitable. If it was, we would leave it unread until we are together/ have the time to reply.

Unread can mean we haven't had chance to get to it, but we intend to later. Obviously, delete/block is self explanatory.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Do you get frustrated by fabbers who don’t even read your message. I get that people get hundreds of messages a day , it’s just frustrating when you take the time to message after reading the profile and ensuring you fit what they are after, and the message doesn’t even get read. What are your thoughts and experiences? Please note this is not levelled at anyone personally, I’m only interested in peoples experiences that’s all. "

What I thought i'd do instead of explaining the varied natures of people and what a waste of your time and emotion it would be to be self indulgent about it, I thought i'd get in touch with all the women and tell them they are rude and that they must spend their day replying and not upsetting people.

The NERVE of those women.

Get ready for a deluge of replies.

xx

over a year ago

Not in the slightest, women get bombarded like crazy in here.

And I think the frustrating part is when guys get pushy because they’ve not seen their message and replied

Give the ladies some space and if they get to read it then you’ll get your answers either way

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

Please hold the line caller. Your message is number #378 in the queue. Sometimes we experience technical issues and your message may be deleted without being read. Unfortunately there is no route cause for this issue so we are unable to issue a system upgrade to resolve this. We thank you for your services and wish you a pleasant day. *beeeep*

over a year ago

"Dear Slim, I wrote you but still ain't callin'

"

over a year ago

Its that time of the week already

By *jorkishMan
over a year ago

Seaforth

Always best just to message hi at least you won't have wasted a lot of time composing essays that 99 percent of the women won't read lol

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Groundhog day

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Very rarely send messages but if not read after a week, I just block so they do not appear in future searches.

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Life's a bitch then you die, personally I've given up getting annoyed c'est la vie

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Best to just take it as a not interested op. I always look at the profile first and if I don’t like it then I just delete the message.

For all those with the sarky/unpleasant comments, he hasn’t been on fab that long. How is he supposed to know this has been asked a lot? It’s no wonder lots of new people don’t hang around.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Nope, everyone has a choice to reply or not. For some it may be a lucky escape from my gorgeous charm,wit and personality

over a year ago

"

Brilliant

over a year ago

"Best to just take it as a not interested op. I always look at the profile first and if I don’t like it then I just delete the message.

For all those with the sarky/unpleasant comments, he hasn’t been on fab that long. How is he supposed to know this has been asked a lot? It’s no wonder lots of new people don’t hang around. "

Well said, no need for it really

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I haven't ever checked whether a message has been read or not, I just assume if it's not answered then the recipient wasn't interested in starting or carrying on the conversation.

That's their choice, I don't find it frustrating in the least. When things like this start bothering me I know that it is time for me to leave the site.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

"Do you get frustrated by fabbers who don’t even read your message. I get that people get hundreds of messages a day , it’s just frustrating when you take the time to message after reading the profile and ensuring you fit what they are after, and the message doesn’t even get read. What are your thoughts and experiences? Please note this is not levelled at anyone personally, I’m only interested in peoples experiences that’s all. "

Don't care.

We've sent plenty that got unread. It's an unsolicited message so whatever.

As for thise we receive from.new people, just a quick look at their profile often tells us all we need to know.

Why even bother replying to a profile that for example is everything that we list as not interested in? If a couple clearly states they want to.meet bi guy couples and insist on bi guy play on meets no amount of conversation is going to change that I'm straight and not interested.

You can say you read profiles op but plenty don't ergo just get in with it and accept it as what it is. Not interested.

over a year ago

alway checj profile before opening a message no profile or rubbish profile then ill just block and delete unread message .... also you find moaning on the forums about messages or lack of meet will only attract more negative reactions as people take note to avoid

By * and M 2Couple
over a year ago

joyville

"Lots of women do as I do and check the profile in stealth mode before even considering reading the message. If the profile is not appealing why bother reading the message?

Why? Because with too many guys even just seeing the message has been read but we haven’t responded emboldens them to message again rudely or even abusively. "

. This.

over a year ago

I doubt anyone gets hundreds of messages a day

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

"Here we go again."

Twice in 24 hours..

Even asking this question should be an automatic 48 hour suspension.

I've run out of popcorn, anyone help or should I buy a popcorn maker?

By *_Mr.K_xMan
over a year ago

Somewhere between Hades and Narnia

It's a shame all guys get painted with the same brush... I understand why it happens, I'm just saying it's a shame.

Oh well.. Fab is a big place OP

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

"I doubt anyone gets hundreds of messages a day "

Really..

Any ladies want to post us a screen shot?

over a year ago

We only ever open actual messages with content. The one liners get deleted unopened.

By *_Mr.K_xMan
over a year ago

"Here we go again.

Twice in 24 hours..

I've run out of popcorn, anyone help or should I buy a popcorn maker?"

Sweet or salted?

over a year ago

This pops up regularly.

Many here will check out a profile before reading a message, they've often already decided whether or not they're interested before opening the message.

Treat your profile like a CV.

Your pictures as a portfolio.

Your message as a cover note.

Do you personally feel your pictures and bio are enough to grab the attention, over the many other messages?.

It's only frustrating if you check your outbox, either ignore it or delete it after sending.

It's your inbox that matters.

In line with the CV comment, think of it as applying for a job, most companies don't bother to let the unsuccessful know that to be the case, and they often have secretaries to do that for them.

over a year ago

on my single profile i can get 100s perday easy ... even on this couples profile we can get up to 500 aweek when looking to play its not hard when all we look for is guys ....

over a year ago

I get frustrated by the amount of times I see similar threads to this being posted.

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

"Here we go again.

Twice in 24 hours..

I've run out of popcorn, anyone help or should I buy a popcorn maker?

Sweet or salted?"

Sweet please- but if anyone knows how to make sweet in a machine without ruining in.

I guarantee a reply and I'd read it!!

over a year ago

many of the messages we receive don't merit being opened - so we delete. Perhaps if people actually read profiles they wouldn't be sending many of the messages they do.

over a year ago

I don't even get that many I don't read 'em.

Meh, what you gonna do?

over a year ago

We still get anywhere between 20-40 per day, asking to meet now etc.

Now check our profile bio. (shrugs)

over a year ago

I got 80 this morning and I’m in little old norwich. A women in the bigger cities will be getting far more

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

"I doubt anyone gets hundreds of messages a day

Now check our profile bio. (shrugs)"

Only 20 to 40. Something definitely not right on your profile!!

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

The trick is to badger them relentlessly until you get a response, it'll let them know that you really like them and they'll be impressed with you tenacity... it works like a charm

over a year ago

Some great answers and suggestions. Thank you to everyone who has taken part without being sarcastic or personal. Every day is a school day and your advice has been useful thank you.

over a year ago

Now check our profile bio. (shrugs)

Only 20 to 40. Something definitely not right on your profile!!

"

It seems a lot Do read profiles.

That soon jumps up when our profile expresses we're looking.

over a year ago

1 message leads to various amount of others.. just yest i didnt reply to a guy as he was miles away and not really my type.. to be messaged again askng if he wasnt my type.. what do these guys want me to say? you say sorry no then you get told your an ugly fat cow anyway, we canny win

over a year ago

"It's a shame all guys get painted with the same brush... I understand why it happens, I'm just saying it's a shame.

Oh well.. Fab is a big place OP"

no you dont stop blaming others for you getting nowhere ...you are responible for yourself not others ... no one ruins it for others they only ruin it for themselves ...

the number one problem for guys is the sheer number of guys then add into that the 1000s of single women and couples who are single men too the women and couples pool is very small indeed making it very unlikely 90% of guys will get anywhere at all on these sites ... the others sites are the same oversaturated with men

over a year ago

I got 80 this morning and I’m in little old norwich. A women in the bigger cities will be getting far more "

Don’t think they are paying much attention to your vicinity

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

"Do you get frustrated by fabbers who don’t even read your message. I get that people get hundreds of messages a day , it’s just frustrating when you take the time to message after reading the profile and ensuring you fit what they are after, and the message doesn’t even get read. What are your thoughts and experiences? Please note this is not levelled at anyone personally, I’m only interested in peoples experiences that’s all.

The trick is to badger them relentlessly until you get a response, it'll let them know that you really like them and they'll be impressed with you tenacity... it works like a charm "

This works a charm, recommend it.

Send message, wait 20 mins

Send second message, wait 1 hour

Send third message, wait 24 hours

Send fourth.

I usually get a response on fourth.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

This

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

It is because of just getting to many I have over 1000 unread at mo which is lower than usual I will look at the profile before I read them if at all and sometimes mark unread if they are not online to see I have opened it x

over a year ago

"1 message leads to various amount of others.. just yest i didnt reply to a guy as he was miles away and not really my type.. to be messaged again askng if he wasnt my type.. what do these guys want me to say? you say sorry no then you get told your an ugly fat cow anyway, we canny win "

To be fair though if I get that message from a lady I simply reply with a thank you, I appreciate the reply and I wish you all the best on Fabs.

It’s not hard yet some take a no so so wrong

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"1 message leads to various amount of others.. just yest i didnt reply to a guy as he was miles away and not really my type.. to be messaged again askng if he wasnt my type.. what do these guys want me to say? you say sorry no then you get told your an ugly fat cow anyway, we canny win "

Life is all about taking the rough with the smooth

over a year ago

I got 80 this morning and I’m in little old norwich. A women in the bigger cities will be getting far more "

Well now I feel left out.

over a year ago

"Some great answers and suggestions. Thank you to everyone who has taken part without being sarcastic or personal. Every day is a school day and your advice has been useful thank you. "

That's the forums for you.

This topic comes up regular, nearly daily at times.

People can choose to ignore it, but many feel frustrated at others feeling frustrated that they have to respond in a similar fashion (facepalm).

They could do, like I suggest you do with your outbox, simply ignore it.

Remember, your profile is the first thing most see, catch their eye.

over a year ago

"Some great answers and suggestions. Thank you to everyone who has taken part without being sarcastic or personal. Every day is a school day and your advice has been useful thank you. "

Would you rather the sarcastic people ignored your thread? That seems a bit contradictory.

over a year ago

Just had to check whether I was one of the 80 . I wasn’t

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

I got 80 this morning and I’m in little old norwich. A women in the bigger cities will be getting far more

Just had to check whether I was one of the 80 . I wasn’t "

I was..

over a year ago

"Some great answers and suggestions. Thank you to everyone who has taken part without being sarcastic or personal. Every day is a school day and your advice has been useful thank you.

Would you rather the sarcastic people ignored your thread? That seems a bit contradictory."

I think that’s exactly what he is saying

over a year ago

Well now I feel left out. "

I’ll send you a few

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I don't even get that many I don't read 'em.

Meh, what you gonna do?

"

We are going to type in capitals at you ......... all day!

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

If you are on a PC, not phone.

Hold down ALT and press F4, it takes you to a hidden screen you can use to get inside info for better responses.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

This is where you have to use your noddle.

Your profile pic is the window to your profile, so change it up a bit.

Check you're not messaging people who have something on their profile you don't check: like accommodating or smoking.

Make sure you aren't miles from them.

over a year ago

"This is where you have to use your noddle.

Check you're not messaging people who have something on their profile you don't check: like accommodating or smoking.

"

Exactly this. I scroll down and delete all men with no profile picture. Then I can filter down the rest later.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Oh some do. The very hot people who don't use filters then mass delete because their inbox was overflowing.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"This is where you have to use your noddle.

Exactly this. I scroll down and delete all men with no profile picture. Then I can filter down the rest later. "

If we're stupid enough to allow loads of messages in our inbox (me cos I hate scrolling to find men for myself) we have the task of eliminating those we know aren't compatible.

No point reading a nice message from someone in Wales who doesn't accommodate and smokes.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Oh some do. The very hot people who don't use filters then mass delete because their inbox was overflowing. "

And the very stupid ... don't forget those....

And the deluded, the hopeful, the needy .... all of those..

over a year ago

I’ve had a couple, but I prefer a message when someone means to send it as they want to chat and maybe see what happens

By *bwmusicgeeksCouple
over a year ago

BW

Personally I don’t feel that guilty about deleting messages as unread if they don’t use the word we put at the end of the profile. If you can’t be bothered to read our profile before messaging why should I be bothered to reply before deleting?

over a year ago

"

This tickled me! Well said haha

over a year ago

"Some great answers and suggestions. Thank you to everyone who has taken part without being sarcastic or personal. Every day is a school day and your advice has been useful thank you.

Would you rather the sarcastic people ignored your thread? That seems a bit contradictory.

I think that’s exactly what he is saying "

That’s what I thought

over a year ago

I think that’s exactly what he is saying "

I forget humour is not allowed round these parts.

over a year ago

I don't get messages so I can't not read them

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Welcome to the UNREAD MESSAGES HELPLINE.

1. If your message was to a single, press 1

2. If your message was to a couple , press 2.

3. If you promised oral sex , press 69

4. If you wanted a flake shoved up your arse press 99

5. If you want your mum cry gently into the receiver.

6. If you think you have a right to an answer and wish to demand that right, please stand on a stool , shout and wave your arms about. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may be waiting some time......

In the meantime......here is some muzac of our choice....

By *_Mr.K_xMan
over a year ago

Wait, we have an Inbox??

over a year ago

"Wait, we have an Inbox?? "

Just the females.

Sorry.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Disclaimer. That last post was not directed at any individual or group. Terms and conditions apply read the small print.

By *_Mr.K_xMan
over a year ago

"Wait, we have an Inbox??

Just the females.

Sorry. "

over a year ago

I forget humour is not allowed round these parts. "

You just go back to those 4 walls and no work and keep that humour to yourself

By *iggingMan
over a year ago

Oldham

By *_Mr.K_xMan
over a year ago

"Did somebody say, just (del)EAT?"

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

""Did somebody say, just (del)EAT?""

A little sushi while I watch the message box......

over a year ago

"Welcome to the UNREAD MESSAGES HELPLINE.

6. If you think you have a right to an answer and wish to demand that right, please stand on a stool , shout and wave your arms about. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may be waiting some time......

"

Sunday is day of rest and you have 6 options? Surely that’s a tad ambitious?

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

OMG the daily “why don’t my messages get read?” Thread

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Your mistake here is doing the whole reading the profile and taking time to write a good message etc etc.

Blanket bomb, copy and paste. That's the best way to do it. Come up with a good copy and past effort, save it to clipboard on the phone, then lash it out left right and centre. It will work i promise you

over a year ago

You just go back to those 4 walls and no work and keep that humour to yourself "

But but but how am I meant to annoy people then??

By *ornLordMan
over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Just put it down to experience and regard every attempt as practice.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Welcome to the UNREAD MESSAGES HELPLINE.

Sunday is day of rest and you have 6 options? Surely that’s a tad ambitious? "

If you are an atheist Press 0 for double pay

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

You may think you are what they are after, but they may not feel the same.

Fore and forget messages, delete your sent items and don’t mother the messages.

over a year ago

The forum search bar is pretty hard to miss, I don’t get why most don’t use it!

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

You’re welcome op and I agree he didn’t deserve sarcasm/flaming as relatively new hereabouts

As an experiment I didn’t delete any messages while online for 24 hours and got 200+ messages so yes we do get loads and often don’t realise ourselves how many.

over a year ago

"

over a year ago

"The forum search bar is pretty hard to miss, I don’t get why most don’t use it! "

Requires interaction from the brain perhaps

over a year ago

But but but how am I meant to annoy people then??"

Telepathically

over a year ago

My thoughts are. They read them. They just use it as an unread messege as a polite no.

over a year ago

"The forum search bar is pretty hard to miss, I don’t get why most don’t use it! "

I think their first thought is the thread can create conversation.

Not realising that people have learned to ignore messages but not posts that don't interest them

A site can take some getting used to.

over a year ago

Telepathically "

Is it working?

over a year ago

"My thoughts are. They read them. They just use it as an unread messege as a polite no. "

Sometimes I read, then mark as unread so to show Mrs when we've a chance to sit down together to view.

By *nicorn4uWoman
over a year ago

telford

Really..

Any ladies want to post us a screen shot?"

212 unread at the moment !

over a year ago

Telepathically

Is it working?"

Praise the lord!!!

No it isn’t

over a year ago

"Do you get frustrated by fabbers who don’t even read your message. I get that people get hundreds of messages a day , it’s just frustrating when you take the time to message after reading the profile and ensuring you fit what they are after, and the message doesn’t even get read. What are your thoughts and experiences? Please note this is not levelled at anyone personally, I’m only interested in peoples experiences that’s all.

Your mistake here is doing the whole reading the profile and taking time to write a good message etc etc.

Blanket bomb, copy and paste. That's the best way to do it. Come up with a good copy and past effort, save it to clipboard on the phone, then lash it out left right and centre. It will work i promise you"

Don't forget, when they do reply with a polite no thank you, to send the same copy and paste a couple of hours later, end again the next day

over a year ago

Really..

212 unread at the moment ! "

I'd have to post a pic, remove filters, then leave it a good few days to build up then I might get to triple figures.

over a year ago

Telepathically

Is it working?

Praise the lord!!!

No it isn’t "

Bollocks

over a year ago

Telepathically

Is it working?

Praise the lord!!!

No it isn’t

Bollocks"

I’m hoping you don’t have those

over a year ago

If I unread all mine, i would hit the hundreds …

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Blanket bomb, copy and paste. That's the best way to do it. Come up with a good copy and past effort, save it to clipboard on the phone, then lash it out left right and centre. It will work i promise you

Don't forget, when they do reply with a polite no thank you, to send the same copy and paste a couple of hours later, end again the next day "

Thats a risk that may happen alright. Unless you upgrade and can see that you messaged already.

Regrdless, its the route to success

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

The overwhelming number of males vs couples/fems precludes from answering every single message recieved ?? plus a large majority of the time if you do reply no thanks you just get called timewasters/fakes or other levels of abuse ?? and in the end this site is like most things down to simple mathmatics !

over a year ago

Don't forget, when they do reply with a polite no thank you, to send the same copy and paste a couple of hours later, end again the next day

Thats a risk that may happen alright. Unless you upgrade and can see that you messaged already.

Regrdless, its the route to success"

If you go platinum you can also see how many times they've sent that same message to others.

over a year ago

Telepathically

Is it working?

Praise the lord!!!

No it isn’t

Bollocks

I’m hoping you don’t have those "

over a year ago

If you go platinum you can also see how many times they've sent that same message to others.

"

Sssshhh the platinum isn't open to all, invite only

over a year ago

Telepathically

Is it working?

Praise the lord!!!

No it isn’t

Bollocks

I’m hoping you don’t have those

"

over a year ago

Sssshhh the platinum isn't open to all, invite only"

Oops soz.

over a year ago

As I don’t really send hardly any messages it’s not an issue and even if I did I wouldn’t give a monkeys

Might I suggest the scattergun approach. Copy and paste and spam every woman on here the same message

Throw enough shit at the wall and all that…

over a year ago

Sssshhh the platinum isn't open to all, invite only

Oops soz. "

Remind me never to ask you to keep a secret miss bollocks

over a year ago

"As I don’t really send hardly any messages it’s not an issue and even if I did I wouldn’t give a monkeys

Might I suggest the scattergun approach. Copy and paste and spam every woman on here the same message

Throw enough shit at the wall and all that…"

I’ll pass on that advice

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"As I don’t really send hardly any messages it’s not an issue and even if I did I wouldn’t give a monkeys

Throw enough shit at the wall and all that…"

Thats what ive been saying. It has to be a mildly humourous copy and paste at least, otherwise its just a waste of time

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Blanket bomb, copy and paste. That's the best way to do it. Come up with a good copy and past effort, save it to clipboard on the phone, then lash it out left right and centre. It will work i promise you"

That will give the people who want a long, thought out message they will ignore or delete something to moan about.

By *oublethefunMan
over a year ago

royston

On an average day maybe between 50 and a hundred messages. If posting a new picture make that at least 350 to 500 hundred ranging from hi, boo or when can we meet to what you doing can I pay you or buy your used knickers.

Most say they have read our profile but then say things witch points to not reading it at all.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

That will give the people who want a long, thought out message they will ignore or delete something to moan about. "

Those people will always find something to moan about so we dont care about them.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

[Removed by poster at 21/08/22 16:28:10]

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Non site supporters should be limited to 3 messages a day

The biggest issue with the site is the volume of mail couples and women receive. Most would agree it can be a lot to handle with 90% being trash anyways. Then lots of good messages get lost in the mix, left unopened

Implementing a message limit would cut out most of the trash mail people see and force guys to really stand out

over a year ago

Really..

Any ladies want to post us a screen shot?"

641 unread currently!

over a year ago

I'm sure I'll offend one or two but anyway, if you're a female and post pictures of your tits out and other things and have lapse filters on, then duh , you're gonna get a lot of messages. More than likely not the well written ones.

Hands down, the most I've ever had in one day was probably about 50ish. But no I don't reply, mainly because I know I what I like, unfortunately there isn't much of what I like on fab.

But also, it is shocking how many grown ass men are incapable of conversation. Even more shocking that they can't see how off putting their profile is.

over a year ago

I’m a grown ass man who has never had a decent conversation with anyone who has ignored/deleted my messages. True story.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Really..

641 unread currently! "

You need to apply some filters

over a year ago

"1 message leads to various amount of others.. just yest i didnt reply to a guy as he was miles away and not really my type.. to be messaged again askng if he wasnt my type.. what do these guys want me to say? you say sorry no then you get told your an ugly fat cow anyway, we canny win

Life is all about taking the rough with the smooth"

Yup a dont give two shits what they reply am not meeting them... but no need to spit the dummy

over a year ago

"I'm sure I'll offend one or two but anyway, if you're a female and post pictures of your tits out and other things and have lapse filters on, then duh , you're gonna get a lot of messages. More than likely not the well written ones.

Hands down, the most I've ever had in one day was probably about 50ish. But no I don't reply, mainly because I know I what I like, unfortunately there isn't much of what I like on fab.

But also, it is shocking how many grown ass men are incapable of conversation. Even more shocking that they can't see how off putting their profile is.

"

Not necessarily true! My face pics are the ones that have gotten me to P1 and I have pretty tight filters on my account. Some people just get a lot of mail!

over a year ago

Really..

641 unread currently!

You need to apply some filters"

Lol I have filters on! Age filters and other ones too!

over a year ago

"I'm sure I'll offend one or two but anyway, if you're a female and post pictures of your tits out and other things and have lapse filters on, then duh , you're gonna get a lot of messages. More than likely not the well written ones.

Not necessarily true! My face pics are the ones that have gotten me to P1 and I have pretty tight filters on my account. Some people just get a lot of mail! "

Ok, getting to no 1 isn't really the issue, but congrats.

You still have full naked pics on your profile, which you are of course fully entitled to do, your profile your choice.

I'm just saying it's common sense, you're on a site full of horny men, post naked pics, you're gonna get a lot messages.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Really..

641 unread currently!

Lol I have filters on! Age filters and other ones too! "

Sounds like you need filters against human beings

over a year ago

Really..

641 unread currently!

Sounds like you need filters against human beings "

By *rancois Du BoisMan
over a year ago

The wrong side of the tracks.

Couldn’t have said it better, the wife’s solo profile gets absolutely inundated every time she takes off the message filters. It’s unmanageable to answer every half arsed ‘hey’ and you can’t read them all either.

over a year ago

Really..

641 unread currently!

Sounds like you need filters against human beings "

I need filters against guys who can’t read lol I’d get 90% less if they read my profile.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Not necessarily true! My face pics are the ones that have gotten me to P1 and I have pretty tight filters on my account. Some people just get a lot of mail!

You still have full naked pics on your profile, which you are of course fully entitled to do, your profile your choice.

I'm just saying it's common sense, you're on a site full of horny men, post naked pics, you're gonna get a lot messages. "

True

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Really..

641 unread currently!

I need filters against guys who can’t read lol I’d get 90% less if they read my profile. "

Ain't nobody got time for that. Ill send you my copy and paste in a minute. Thatll sort you out

over a year ago

I'm just saying it's common sense, you're on a site full of horny men, post naked pics, you're gonna get a lot messages.

True "

You think but in a previous profile I posted a tonne of fully dressed pics and had no full nudity and I had even more unread on there! Generally my face pics and non nude ones generate the most messages! My full nude ones are the most unpopular of all my pics, they have the least fabs and generate the least comments when first posted.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

True

You think but in a previous profile I posted a tonne of fully dressed pics and had no full nudity and I had even more unread on there! Generally my face pics and non nude ones generate the most messages! My full nude ones are the most unpopular of all my pics, they have the least fabs and generate the least comments when first posted.

"

Ah yeah face would help too. Didn’t realise you had face pics.

over a year ago

True

Ah yeah face would help too. Didn’t realise you had face pics. "

I do indeed, quite a few

By *rFunBoyMan
over a year ago

Longridge

Really..

641 unread currently!

I need filters against guys who can’t read lol I’d get 90% less if they read my profile. "

You do, just been sent a screenshot from a lady with over 1000 NEW messages.

How the hell do you cope?

Better filters are needed for sure.

X

over a year ago

Really..

641 unread currently!

I need filters against guys who can’t read lol I’d get 90% less if they read my profile.

You do, just been sent a screenshot from a lady with over 1000 NEW messages.

X"

I wish Fab had a height filter lol that would be perfect!

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

If I got a mess I would look at the profile. If it’s rubbish and no effort made I wouldn’t reply

over a year ago

"

over a year ago

" You do, just been sent a screenshot from a lady with over 1000 NEW messages.

X"

That would give me anxiety seeing that many unread

I turn off ALL messages from men when I feel my inbox is getting out of hand, usually about 100, then work through them.

By *JstarsoloWoman
over a year ago

Wombwell, Barnsley

I haven't read the whole of this thread, but it's somewhat of a presumption to assert that 'you ensure you fit what they're after'. How do you know that? Surely it's for the recipient to decide that!

over a year ago

I leave my message unread until I have time to go through them. Doesn’t mean I’m not interested just means I haven’t looked at them yet J xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Most people are not compatible with most other people.

Thus the message sender who thinks that they tick all the boxes, misunderstands that others need more of a match than a CV filtering activity. It will be more of the subtle shades of colours and tones, than basic fitting to a generic match.

The greater the volumes of potentially suitable people, the easier it is for the demanding connoisseur of men, for example, to get an exquisite satisfaction.

If your profile sells you well, then your messages give others a brief introduction to your wares and potentially lets them consider if you make their grade - if they're even looking at that point for anyone new.

Don't expect replies, nor do anything other than invest your best efforts to make things work for you

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

I haven't read the whole of this thread, but it's somewhat of a presumption to assert that 'you ensure you fit what they're after'. How do you know that? Surely it's for the recipient to decide that!"

Whilst I don't want to get drawn into this discussion I think what the OP is saying that if he reads a profile carefully, fits the criteria they are asking for and writes them a nice message he's frustrated that they don't politely respond by saying that actually they've decided he doesn't fit their criteria. From a single male perspective it is frustrating but them's the rules. The answer is not to take it personally, my skin is now thicker than an old rhino's backside. Delete and move on, there's plenty more fish in the sea.

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

I got frequently frustrated by fabbers not reading profiles.

Post new Message to Thread