over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Who's that?

Lol... c'mon, you must know who AJ is?"

Pass

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can't believe his reaction to losing last night. Proper cringey!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I like him. Not sure that he’s the boxer he thinks he is but he seems cool.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
over a year ago

nearby

AJ has an Olympic gold medal he should be proud of what he has achieved.

Usyk is probably the best, most skilful, and natural boxer in the heavyweight division for a long time

No shame is losing in a very close score.

Usyk win a massive boost to moral for Ukraine

over a year ago

More Chump than Champ’ these days. Done himself no favours at all with his recent ‘work’.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Fan or no?"

On the fence. I listened to the fight. Sounds like he put up a good showing but the better man won. I'm not a massive fan of prize fighting though...and even more so when it's sport washing.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Still a fan like it or not he was good for British boxing and put on some fantastic shows.

His d*unken uncle antics at the end of the fight last night was very crass. Standing there with a Ukrainian flag on and remarking he didn’t really know what was going on out there and calling it a civil war was a little weird. And the three cheers bit……. Cringe

over a year ago

I’m still a fan. He’s still top 3-4 in the world depending on where you rank Wilder.

I do think he should drop the media darling act and just be himself now.

By *hirleyMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Love him or hate him, he's still won the best belts bar one, been in exciting fights and beaten the best. Usyk is just a very good boxer and no mug, p4p as good as klitchcos.

over a year ago

AJ is an athlete who boxes. Personally not a fan of him really.

Usyk is an out and out boxer in the same way that Fury is

By *rey NomadMan
over a year ago

Calne

"Can't believe his reaction to losing last night. Proper cringey!"

Yep I agree, what the hell was that all about

By *hirleyMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"I’m still a fan. He’s still top 3-4 in the world depending on where you rank Wilder.

I do think he should drop the media darling act and just be himself now."

Sorry but until wilder fights anyone decent you can't put him on a top 10. He's fought and lost 3 fights against fury and looked shockingly bad in all of them. If aj is a hype train that guy most certainly is.

over a year ago

"I’m still a fan. He’s still top 3-4 in the world depending on where you rank Wilder.

Agree but if Joshua was himself they’d hate him more than do right now.

over a year ago

Sorry but until wilder fights anyone decent you can't put him on a top 10. He's fought and lost 3 fights against fury and looked shockingly bad in all of them. If aj is a hype train that guy most certainly is. "

He’s only lost to the current champion. I don’t rate his skills but the rankings aren’t based on skills. Like it or not outside of Fury and Usyk, Wilder is the man to beat.

over a year ago

Agree but if Joshua was himself they’d hate him more than do right now. "

True but he’s got nothing to lose. Most of his “fans” have turned on him so he should just be a dick in interviews and press conferences. It would probably sell even more PPVs.

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

I'm still a fan if Joshua, last night behaviour was despicable. I suppose he has to take a back seat and wait for his next opportunity.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

His press conference after the fight was genuine. He lost two fights to the better boxer. Fury would beat him too. He has turned his life around won an Olympic gold and three world heavyweight titles and pots of money.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
over a year ago

nearby

"AJ is an athlete who boxes.

Usyk is an out and out boxer in the same way that Fury is"

Truth

over a year ago

He's been overhyped and overrated. He should have never won gold in London 2012 in my opinion. If that wasn't on home soil, the result would have gone the other way. He's one dimensional and probably carries too much muscle, which effects his mobility and endurance. When coming up against technically superior boxers, he's always going to come a cropper.

He became world champion because Fury freed the belts up when he beat Klitscho all those years ago and then by luck or by crook, people like Joseph Parker and Charles Martin got a hold of the belts. The latter being an absolute chump (in elite boxing terms). So AJ was relatively lucky in becoming Champ in the first place having to face mediocre opposition at best to get the belts.

AJ has always struggled when stepping up a level. No shame in that btw. Just a fact.

This isn't me shitting on AJ btw. The fact he didn't start boxing until he was 18, most professionals start much earlier, is nothing short of outstanding to do what he's done. He's had an outstanding career, had his luck on the way, but no doubt worked fucking God damn hard and achieved what 99.9% can only dream of. Also turning his life around for the better. Full respect to him for this and full respect to anyone who steps in a ring, even white collar.

It's a shame AJ reacted the way he did last night. I know emotions are running high, but it was embarrassing. Usyk is a classy operator in and out the ring. He deserves more respect than that.

Probably a good thing AJ lost last night too, because Fury wouldn't just outbox him technically, but now he was The Kronk style too, he'd beat him up to a pulp, more than a cruiserweight like Usyk ever could.

The bottom line is AJ is great looking, very marketable, looks and talks the part, had a very good marketing team behind him, but lacks the technical ability of what the greatest have. He's good, but nowhere near good enough.

By *hirleyMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Sorry but until wilder fights anyone decent you can't put him on a top 10. He's fought and lost 3 fights against fury and looked shockingly bad in all of them. If aj is a hype train that guy most certainly is.

He’s only lost to the current champion. I don’t rate his skills but the rankings aren’t based on skills. Like it or not outside of Fury and Usyk, Wilder is the man to beat."

He's ranked by the most corrupt governing body going, I'll reiterate what I said, he's never beat anyone of note and is a fraud in my eyes, honestly don't believe he's better than even a dillian whyte.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

If he didn't look the way he does, he'd have no where near the career he's had. Limited fighter. Got lucky a few times. Can't compete at the top but can sell lukazade.

over a year ago

He’s only lost to the current champion. I don’t rate his skills but the rankings aren’t based on skills. Like it or not outside of Fury and Usyk, Wilder is the man to beat.

He's ranked by the most corrupt governing body going, I'll reiterate what I said, he's never beat anyone of note and is a fraud in my eyes, honestly don't believe he's better than even a dillian whyte."

He’s ranked 3rd by Ring Magazine and Box Rec. I can’t stand him and I really like Whyte but I think he’d end Whyte’s career.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

He makes a decent xmas box set of smellies #lynxafrica

By *akingMemoriesMan
over a year ago

Toronto

"He's been overhyped and overrated. He should have never won gold in London 2012 in my opinion. If that wasn't on home soil, the result would have gone the other way. He's one dimensional and probably carries too much muscle, which effects his mobility and endurance. When coming up against technically superior boxers, he's always going to come a cropper.

He became world champion because Fury freed the belts up when he beat Klitscho all those years ago and then by luck or by crook, people like Joseph Parker and Charles Martin got a hold of the belts. The latter being an absolute chump (in elite boxing terms). So AJ was relatively lucky in becoming Champ in the first place having to face mediocre opposition at best to get the belts.

AJ has always struggled when stepping up a level. No shame in that btw. Just a fact.

This isn't me shitting on AJ btw. The fact he didn't start boxing until he was 18, most professionals start much earlier, is nothing short of outstanding to do what he's done. He's had an outstanding career, had his luck on the way, but no doubt worked fucking God damn hard and achieved what 99.9% can only dream of. Also turning his life around for the better. Full respect to him for this and full respect to anyone who steps in a ring, even white collar.

It's a shame AJ reacted the way he did last night. I know emotions are running high, but it was embarrassing. Usyk is a classy operator in and out the ring. He deserves more respect than that.

Probably a good thing AJ lost last night too, because Fury wouldn't just outbox him technically, but now he was The Kronk style too, he'd beat him up to a pulp, more than a cruiserweight like Usyk ever could.

The bottom line is AJ is great looking, very marketable, looks and talks the part, had a very good marketing team behind him, but lacks the technical ability of what the greatest have. He's good, but nowhere near good enough."

Very well said.

over a year ago

Like him or loathe him you cannot deny the fact that he has made the heavyweight division in this country popular again, millions tune in to watch his fights and fills arena's. No he may not be the most skilled but he's is what a division like the heavyweights needs....just a shame the politics of sport get in the way of some fights. Joshua vs Fury should of happened 5 years ago

over a year ago

"Like him or loathe him you cannot deny the fact that he has made the heavyweight division in this country popular again, millions tune in to watch his fights and fills arena's. No he may not be the most skilled but he's is what a division like the heavyweights needs....just a shame the politics of sport get in the way of some fights. Joshua vs Fury should of happened 5 years ago"

5 years ago Fury weighed 27 stone, with drink and drug problems and his mental health at an all time low.

over a year ago

"Like him or loathe him you cannot deny the fact that he has made the heavyweight division in this country popular again, millions tune in to watch his fights and fills arena's. No he may not be the most skilled but he's is what a division like the heavyweights needs....just a shame the politics of sport get in the way of some fights. Joshua vs Fury should of happened 5 years ago

5 years ago Fury weighed 27 stone, with drink and drug problems and his mental health at an all time low. "

And still would of given Joshua a fight

over a year ago

"Like him or loathe him you cannot deny the fact that he has made the heavyweight division in this country popular again, millions tune in to watch his fights and fills arena's. No he may not be the most skilled but he's is what a division like the heavyweights needs....just a shame the politics of sport get in the way of some fights. Joshua vs Fury should of happened 5 years ago"

A comment like this is only true when both guys are well past their best. Fury and AJ are still in their prime. Just that AJ isn't good enough.

over a year ago

"Like him or loathe him you cannot deny the fact that he has made the heavyweight division in this country popular again, millions tune in to watch his fights and fills arena's. No he may not be the most skilled but he's is what a division like the heavyweights needs....just a shame the politics of sport get in the way of some fights. Joshua vs Fury should of happened 5 years ago

5 years ago Fury weighed 27 stone, with drink and drug problems and his mental health at an all time low. "

truth hahaha

By *hirleyMan
over a year ago

somewhere

He's ranked by the most corrupt governing body going, I'll reiterate what I said, he's never beat anyone of note and is a fraud in my eyes, honestly don't believe he's better than even a dillian whyte.

He’s ranked 3rd by Ring Magazine and Box Rec. I can’t stand him and I really like Whyte but I think he’d end Whyte’s career. "

That's fine, I'm just giving my opinion. I feel I've been watching the sport long enough to know what's what with boxing and don't really go for this get behind one boxer and slag the rivals off like most of the comments here are, and everywhere else. If I think someone is good or bad ill say based off whether I think they're good, I don't care what they do or say outside because frankly there's no good role models in boxing, they're all scumbags. So I can see why hearn tried to turn aj into a media darling for that reason and you have to applaud it, not slag it off. It has back fired but he's tried to clean up the sport, I like hearn for that, I hated him like all the other corrupt bastards, but he's using his platform for good, and yeah he's making money and slightly using aj for that, so what, ajs made millions too, I don't begrudge someone trying to make money without stepping on people like all the other promoters do.

over a year ago

Not a fan of him at all.

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I like him. Usyk is an unbelievable boxer and ultimately too good for Joshua. But what he has done for boxing in Britain in particular is unbelievable. Everyone is queuing up to tear him down as sadly the media love to hype people then tear them apart.

All those clingers on around him should have took the mic off him last night and protected him.

But you know what he showed he's human, gave it everything and came up short. There's no shame in that. Proud that he's British.

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Oh and the person that mentioned he's no better than Whyte, he beat Whyte already, sparked him out.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
over a year ago

nearby

Contemptible behaviour by Joshua at the end. The personification of bad sportsmanship, beaten fair and square by a decent man who’s been defending his homeland. Shameful.

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

One of the problems with these athletes is you get caught up in the media hype and sponsorship deals and neglect the sport that got you there in the 1st place. AJ is great fighter but can't mix up his style. If he worked on more elements of boxing, he'd be undisputed.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

He’s one dimensional and has always been overhyped.He’s just a good looking more muscular version of frank Bruno..

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I still have no idea who he is. Is he a footballer?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I still have no idea who he is. Is he a footballer?"

Anthony Joshua is a pugilist.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I still have no idea who he is. Is he a footballer?

Anthony Joshua is a pugilist."

So he keeps pugs? I didn't know you could be famous for keeping dogs, the more you know I guess

over a year ago

"I still have no idea who he is. Is he a footballer?"

Are you like Manuel in Fawley Towers..?

https://youtu.be/izAqFoLtzKM

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I still have no idea who he is. Is he a footballer?

Are you like Manuel in Fawley Towers..?

https://youtu.be/izAqFoLtzKM"

¿Que?

Post new Message to Thread