Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I know it's not Thursday yet but

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I feel like having a moan! There's nothing worse that doing a long night shift with someone who irritates me enormously. I'm just being a bitch it's not her fault she annoys me of course, she can't help banging on the keyboard like it's a drum and breathing like Darth vadar

Does anyone else have an annoying colleague and why do they irritate you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, my colleague has NO work ethic & has excuses for why they can't do a particular piece of work. They claim that as they've been in the job for the past 10 years & their job description / contract has never been updated, they don't have to do what all I'm doing.

Constantly coming in late and leaving early as well as taking full lunch entitlement. Disappearing for 30-45 minutes throughout the day; nobody knows where to...

So- less work for them; more for me & because of seniority & the current pay freeze I've been stuck in for the past 3 years- they make £10 000 more than me as I'm stuck on the bottom rung of the pay scale

Thankfully something is finally being done by senior management as we've been through 4 different managers who haven't done a thing despite complaints.

Rant over- thanks!!!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Can I join in with a grrrrrr at early flights and disturbed sleep beforehand so I only get one hour then an argument with a taxi driver about the route and stations that leave you locked outside in the rain till ten mins before the first train!!!

Not a happy Monday for me

over a year ago

Already you've made me feel much better!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Already you've made me feel much better!"

Thats the first thing that's made me smile today. Admittedly just a tweak of one side of my mouth, but it was a smile.

Though it might be the only one today. I am decidedly grumpy and intend to stay that way until I can get a few hours sleep.

Off to grump at easyjet now. Will probably be back with moan part two...

over a year ago

"Already you've made me feel much better!

Thats the first thing that's made me smile today. Admittedly just a tweak of one side of my mouth, but it was a smile.

Though it might be the only one today. I am decidedly grumpy and intend to stay that way until I can get a few hours sleep.

Off to grump at easyjet now. Will probably be back with moan part two..."

I look forward to it! She's now telling me all about the 300ml bottle of tre semme she buys from aldi that apparently does wonders for her hair, I'll judge that when it looks like she's used it

over a year ago

I look forward to it! She's now telling me all about the 300ml bottle of tre semme she buys from aldi that apparently does wonders for her hair, I'll judge that when it looks like she's used it "

Meow

over a year ago

I look forward to it! She's now telling me all about the 300ml bottle of tre semme she buys from aldi that apparently does wonders for her hair, I'll judge that when it looks like she's used it

Meow "

over a year ago

Yes a team leader who cannot keep quiet, along with her team, who has to poke her nose into everything that doesn't concern her, then moans about how much work she has to do. She is rude and dis-respective to staff, examples are slagging them off because they haven't done their appraisal work and discussing it very loudly with her team (we are in an open plan office and my team sits next to hers). Woe betide you report her for the way she speaks to you because you will be the one that gets a bollocking yet she never gets told off

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have a colleague who complains constantly, does the least work possible, takes so much time off for dentist, vet, friend's hospital appointments and other random events that Father Christmas does more hours yet seems to be Teflon coated when it comes to disciplinary action. It seems there is always one.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Lazy colleague who makes excuses about missing deadlines and although rarely takes a full day off sick, is in late often and back from lunch late and often has to leave 20 or 30 mins early which all adds up. No one appears to do anything even though it's been reported.

over a year ago

Mine has left about about a month ago, thank goodness!

over a year ago

Do you find that it is usually people who have worked at the company since the year dot that do all those sort of things? Used to drive me bloody mad. And they would never get the job if they applied for it again now.

over a year ago

"I feel like having a moan! There's nothing worse that doing a long night shift with someone who irritates me enormously. I'm just being a bitch it's not her fault she annoys me of course, she can't help banging on the keyboard like it's a drum and breathing like Darth vadar

Does anyone else have an annoying colleague and why do they irritate you?"

Can't answer this till thursday.....

Post new Message to Thread