FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Have we gone over the top with the profile?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We're pretty new to the site and had some good times thanks to joining. However, the majority of people we message with and add as friends, seem to fade away and we don't hear from them unless it's us making the effort.

This has led to us having a silly number of people on our friends list who are just people who are simply "hi" and "bye", and a suggestion of a meeting up by us is usually met by ambiguous reply from them ad infinitum.

We've recently had to cull our friends list as a result, with a few of them 'taking the huff', and we don't want to end up in the same position again. We've added a new section to our profile (the part starting "Secondly") but not sure if this is over-the-top.

Any thoughts/suggestions please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A wee bit over the top on the whole paragraph on single men... just my thoughts

over a year ago

Yeah we've figured how to block them, so that can come out lol

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Think I'd have just gone for sonething like "we only add people to our friends list that we intend meeting" and "if no meet is arranged within (a few days /weeks / months etc) we will remove you" (or something similar that doesnt take up over half the profile)

over a year ago

Yeah will have to think how to slim it down and still get the points across lol

over a year ago

"We're pretty new to the site and had some good times thanks to joining. However, the majority of people we message with and add as friends, seem to fade away and we don't hear from them unless it's us making the effort.

This has led to us having a silly number of people on our friends list who are just people who are simply "hi" and "bye", and a suggestion of a meeting up by us is usually met by ambiguous reply from them ad infinitum.

We've recently had to cull our friends list as a result, with a few of them 'taking the huff', and we don't want to end up in the same position again. We've added a new section to our profile (the part starting "Secondly") but not sure if this is over-the-top.

Any thoughts/suggestions please? "

Hi Mork and Mindy, had a look at what you say on your profile (which is very good btw). The only thing I would ask you to always remember with 'Friends' on Fabs is that it isn't the same as on Facebook. Far too many believe it is, and many have some nasty experiences as a result.

It took us a while to find how to use the Friends List in a way which suits US, and we are undeniably ruthless with it now compared to when we joined.

You will probably be the same in the long run - you'll find a way which works for you. All you need to do in the meantime is be a little cautious who you add and have a thick skin ready when you take people off it - there a lot of people out there who, along with blocking - can't handle the rejection of being taken off your Friends List too well....

Pork

over a year ago

I have a simple philosophy re my friends list - you don't get on it til we've met or chatted regularly.

Most only want adding to see the 'bonus pics' - so I ignore those. Pics can easily be sent with messages should you choose and I use my hotlist for those I'm contemplating adding initially - then add only if dialogue progresses.

Keeps the numbers down and so far I've never had to have a mass delete!!

over a year ago

Not sure about the balance...

214 words basically explaining what doesn’t appeal to you...

71 words basically explaining what does appeal to you...

63 words of meaningless disclaimer...

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"I have a simple philosophy re my friends list - you don't get on it til we've met or chatted regularly.

Most only want adding to see the 'bonus pics' - so I ignore those. Pics can easily be sent with messages should you choose and I use my hotlist for those I'm contemplating adding initially - then add only if dialogue progresses.

Keeps the numbers down and so far I've never had to have a mass delete!! "

I do this too

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Ranting isn't attractive IMHO. Just say what you like and what you are looking for.

By *weetdebWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I have a simple philosophy re my friends list - you don't get on it til we've met or chatted regularly.

Keeps the numbers down and so far I've never had to have a mass delete!! "

Absolutely agree 100%.....this is exactly what i do...i have quite a large hotlist now though..ha

over a year ago

Never really thought of the hotlist before. Might be the way to go

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Not sure about the balance...

"

LOL

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Never really thought of the hotlist before. Might be the way to go "

soo good to ask people!!!!! lol

Id never have thought of that myself

over a year ago

"Not sure about the balance...

"

Pretty much agree with this. The first bit, just do it, don't write it. The third bit, a waste of time typing.

over a year ago

She has a nice bum tho

Post new Message to Thread