Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If I’d turned left instead of right ..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ever wonder how life might be different if you’d made a different choice at key moments in your life?

Like if you’d accepted that other job offer? Or if you’d stayed in that night you were undecided about going out or not?

Maybe you wouldn’t have ever met your now husband / wife / boyfriend / girlfriend?

I wonder WHO you’d have ended up with instead? What are they doing now?!

Would you live where you do now, or somewhere totally different?

Or maybe you believe it was always destiny to be who you’re with / where you are in life right now and whatever decisions you made in the past you’d end up in the same place?

Oooh deep isn’t it? Whatdya think, Fabsters?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I always believe everything happens for a reason. If one door closes another one opens and all that jazz

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/08/22 22:50:06]

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...regrets...I've have a few...

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

This was one of the best Doctor Who episodes

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"This was one of the best Doctor Who episodes"

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

Not really because that could lead to regret and I don’t regret anything in my life. I’ve had a fucking awesome life to date, even the shitty times as they were there to teach me how to live more authentically.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Sliding doors.

A

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I try not to think about stuff like that because then I start getting grandiose ideas about maybe I could have been the next Mariah Carey or something.

No. I am where I am supposed to be based on the life choices I made, for better or worse and that’s that.

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

“Take me back in time maybe I can forget

Turn a different corner and we never would have met

Would you care”

over a year ago

I very nearly didn’t meet my fab fella due to a misunderstanding. Very glad I changed my mind on that one

over a year ago

Just be grateful that you are where you are. Turning left could have been worse aswell as maybe better.

By *otdave75Man
over a year ago

Chandlers Ford

There is a distinct point in my life where this comment make sense, I turn left, I have my current life, with a bitch who doesn’t care about anything but herself. I have two amazing kids. I turn right, I have a mutual loving relationship with someone where there has always been a mutual affection, but would I have my kids……

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Definitely don't believe in destiny.

Isn't this where someone mentions Everett's Many Worlds theory?

Mr

By *ornynorfolkguyMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

"I always believe everything happens for a reason. If one door closes another one opens and all that jazz "

THIS!!

What will be will be!

over a year ago

One of the proposed theories about space and reality suggests that there are other universes where you have made those different choices. Some of those bastards in the other universes are luckier than you while others are at a worse situation. That's how I deal with it

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

If I had turned right instead of left out of my gate I may not have bumped into my future husband and I may have had a happy life.

over a year ago

"If I had turned right instead of left out of my gate I may not have bumped into my future husband and I may have had a happy life.

"

I didn’t expect this to go the way it did.

By *nobyMan
over a year ago

Dorchester

I believe that you can’t criticise anyone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticise them, you’ll be a mile away and you’ll have their shoes.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Ever wonder how life might be different if you’d made a different choice at key moments in your life?

Like if you’d accepted that other job offer? Or if you’d stayed in that night you were undecided about going out or not?

Maybe you wouldn’t have ever met your now husband / wife / boyfriend / girlfriend?

Or maybe you believe it was always destiny to be who you’re with / where you are in life right now and whatever decisions you made in the past you’d end up in the same place?

Oooh deep isn’t it? Whatdya think, Fabsters? "

What if your mum had swallowed?

What if it was your dad's birthday and it was time for his annual trip 'round the back' ?

What if you'd ended up being wiped on the curtains or were destined to end your short existence in some spotty teens wank sock?

There's literally millions of sperm in every shot of baby gravy.....and we all got lucky!!

So jow come so few people win the fucking lottery given we're statistically all jammy bastards?

A

By *otdave75Man
over a year ago

Chandlers Ford

"Ever wonder how life might be different if you’d made a different choice at key moments in your life?

Oooh deep isn’t it? Whatdya think, Fabsters?

What if your mum had swallowed?

What if it was your dad's birthday and it was time for his annual trip 'round the back' ?

What if you'd ended up being wiped on the curtains or were destined to end your short existence in some spotty teens wank sock?

There's literally millions of sperm in every shot of baby gravy.....and we all got lucky!!

So jow come so few people win the fucking lottery given we're statistically all jammy bastards?

A"

Nuts isn’t it, you could have been a staging on the ceiling

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"If I had turned right instead of left out of my gate I may not have bumped into my future husband and I may have had a happy life.

I didn’t expect this to go the way it did. "

Neither did I

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I think about certain choices often and hate myself for it. Pregnancy and childbirth has completely destroyed my body and I live in constant physical pain and disability. So yes, I think "what might have been" and then I abhor myself for thinking like that.

Good old brains

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

If I had taken a particular job, I wouldn't have met the love of my life, got married and had so many wonderful years together, I wouldn't have suffered the heart break of loosing her and my unborn baby, I wouldn't have tried to drink myself to death.

Then I think of all the people I have met and become friends with in the years since, the places I have worked and most importantly where I am now in my life.

I am in a good place physically and mentally so in the end it has worked out pretty well.

Had I taken the job who knows where the fuck I would be now

over a year ago

Perhaps I could’ve gone down a path in which I wouldn’t have met my gf and had our daughter but that doesn’t sound like a happy life to me. So I’m grateful for what I have.

By *athers123Man
over a year ago

Harpenden

Maybe we're like magnets and would have attracted a similar life to the one we got anyway. Met similarly fun people and sought out similarly fun experiences. Karma will take care of you if you take care of your family and friends and even strangers. Easy for me to say though, I have a great life. If I'd not been so lucky in life I'd probably be regretting not signing that Arsenal contract for £200k a week and rejecting Cameron Diaz's marriage proposal.

over a year ago

Life is a one way street. You won't get any do overs. Deal with it and move on.

over a year ago

Fate is a fickle mistress.

over a year ago

Nothing happens for a reason. The world presents us with completely randomised problems, resulting from the randomised actions of people just like us that we interact with in a random way. Nothing is predetermined, which is how I would like to think that it should be

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yes I do wonder this! Just one simple decision has a life changing result! Both my life partners were from working at places! It's mind bogling to think to deep! That said i do belive it was destiny x

over a year ago

Sliding doors ( as previously mentioned)

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I'm content with where I am in life. I'd certainly be doing different things with a different job, different husband and different kids if I'd made other choices. But I like what I've ended up with.

The one sliding doors moment I can still feel is when I was 18. I was ill, felt like shit, I looked up at the top shelf in the kitchen cupboard where my medicine was kept and decided it was too hard to reach, I simply didn't have the energy. My mum was sat nearby but didn't come to help or force me to take it. I just went to bed.

Found out after I'd been seriously ill and in agony for a few more days that I'd developed a sudden, rare allergy to something in that medicine. I was very lucky to come out if it so well.

If I had taken my medicine as normal I could have literally killed myself.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Everything has been to lead me up to this point in my life, close calls and shitty times are part of life and it's up to me how I use those experiences.

I believe in my instincts and gut feelings and let them lead me through on this journey of mine

over a year ago

Had a bad start to life which I won’t go in to on hear past couple of years been rough work environment and home

Wish as soon as my wife passed should gone home to Liverpool

Life is what you make it no point crying over spilt milk

Onwards

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

There's a great scene in Benjamin Button about this butterfly effect..

https://youtu.be/6h2LD6nfbMM

over a year ago

I believe life goes in the direction it's meant too. No point looking back because whatever choices you make, at the time it was the best decision for you.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

If family had not moved to Sussex (I was a teenager), it would have been a totally different life....and not for the better. Best thing we ever did.

By *athers123Man
over a year ago

Harpenden

"I'm content with where I am in life. I'd certainly be doing different things with a different job, different husband and different kids if I'd made other choices. But I like what I've ended up with.

The one sliding doors moment I can still feel is when I was 18. I was ill, felt like shit, I looked up at the top shelf in the kitchen cupboard where my medicine was kept and decided it was too hard to reach, I simply didn't have the energy. My mum was sat nearby but didn't come to help or force me to take it. I just went to bed.

Found out after I'd been seriously ill and in agony for a few more days that I'd developed a sudden, rare allergy to something in that medicine. I was very lucky to come out if it so well.

If I had taken my medicine as normal I could have literally killed myself. "

I think that's a really good answer to the original question.

Also, apathy saves lives

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

There’s a Scottish saying

What’s for you won’t go by you

Not sure if that’s true.

I’ve had a couple moments where a simple action could have totally changed my life. Not knocking on a door as I feared rejection, going out on a night I didn’t plan to, taking certain jobs etc

And if you regret certain things that means you’re regretting good things too, eg if I’d not met my ex I wouldn’t have my fantastic daughter. But I kinda wish I’d sorted her a better dad!

Weird isn’t it.

Oh and loving the Different corner quote

over a year ago

I do wonder sometimes about choices I made and how different it would be if I had taken the other option.

I dropped out of my A-levels just into the second year as i had been off ill for a couple of weeks and couldn't face the catching up. I could have been one of those massively paid people in finance or big business that people love to hate by now.

In 2003 I was in Birmingham and after a wander around for the night I had the choice to get a cab to the hotel or go for one last drink. I took the latter option and that's why I am where I am now.

But, I have lots of regrets looking back, hindsight is great for thinking, what if?

And to quote another song

Every gambler knows

That the secret to survivin'

Is knowin' what to throw away

And knowin' what to keep

'Cause every hand's a winner

And every hand's a loser

And the best that you can hope for

Is to die in your sleep"

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Does turning left spawn a whole parallel universe?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I had to abandon thoughts of getting to dv8 last night ..however I had a brilliant night at leos ..red lion singing along with a great acoustic double act

Post new Message to Thread