Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Calgon advert - man odour!

Jump to newest

By *edonistSeeker OP   Man
over a year ago

Worcester

Just rewatched the advert several times to be sure. Use calgon to protect your machine from limescale, residues and …. man odour

WTF? What’s man odour? Have I got it but never knew? Have we all got it? What is it? Is it a polite way of discussing spunk stained sheets? Is it that bad that a man’s odour is in the top three reasons for buying Calgon to protect your washing machine and laundry.

Or did I mishear them? Yikes.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Sure it wasn't mal odour ?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Sure it wasn't mal odour ?"

over a year ago

Worcester

"Sure it wasn't mal odour ?"
. No I’m not sure at all - don’t know what mal odour is either

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Mal odour is a bad smell

By *ottom charlieMan
over a year ago

washington

"Just rewatched the advert several times to be sure. Use calgon to protect your machine from limescale, residues and …. man odour

WTF? What’s man odour? Have I got it but never knew? Have we all got it? What is it? Is it a polite way of discussing spunk stained sheets? Is it that bad that a man’s odour is in the top three reasons for buying Calgon to protect your washing machine and laundry.

Or did I mishear them? Yikes. "

i have had the same washing machine for 20 years and never needed to use calgon,,, reason why,,, i dont fill the powder tray with a lot of washing powder,, 1 scoop is enough normally 2 for a heavy load,,, all the residue around the machine and in the pipes is unused soap powder,, they tell you to put too much in the tray to build up the muck then sell you the stuff to get rid of it,, mugs game,,,

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Mal odour is a bad smell"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Mal odour is a bad smell

"

What if you’re a man .. called Malcolm!?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sure it wasn't mal odour ?. No I’m not sure at all - don’t know what mal odour is either "

Malodour isn't a word you hear very often. I don't know why they didn't just say 'bad smell'.

You don't have to worry about having man odour

over a year ago

Worcester

Great replies! I don’t know if I’m more relieved about not knowing about mal odour or whether I dint have man odour!! Might text the advertiser.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Sure it wasn't mal odour ?. No I’m not sure at all - don’t know what mal odour is either "

Mal = Latin for bad. It means bad odours and that's what the Calgon ad says. It's dubbed from the original language.

Post new Message to Thread