Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Good things that come to an end!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’ve been on and off fab around 7/8 years. I’ve had my fair share of shit haha, but also met some wonderful people I call friends….and had some incredible memorable meets.

I feel it’s served a purpose, but of late it’s getting harder to meet people, harder to find people I truly click with and I think it’s a sure sign that I’ve run my course here. Maybe time to try the vanilla dating world.

Gonna delete my account tomorrow as there’s a few friends I want to get contact details for to keep in contact with.

I was just wondering does anyone else have these thoughts? Do you always end up coming back? For what reasons would you leave fab? X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good luck and have fun out there!

Plan B would be to park / hide your account for a bit and if in a few months you have the urge to come back you won’t lose all your history.

I’m a serial leaver when I get bored, but come back when I’m refreshed again and fancy a bit of a diversion from everyday life

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

All the best to you

over a year ago

"I’ve been on and off fab around 7/8 years. I’ve had my fair share of shit haha, but also met some wonderful people I call friends….and had some incredible memorable meets.

I feel it’s served a purpose, but of late it’s getting harder to meet people, harder to find people I truly click with and I think it’s a sure sign that I’ve run my course here. Maybe time to try the vanilla dating world.

Gonna delete my account tomorrow as there’s a few friends I want to get contact details for to keep in contact with.

I was just wondering does anyone else have these thoughts? Do you always end up coming back? For what reasons would you leave fab? X"

Yep I do and delete and come back all the time see you again soon lol

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Hi op

Why not just hide your profile and have a bit of time away ,then you can return if you want to .

Its rare I find people I'd meet lately so I understand where you're coming from

Good luck whatever you decide.x

over a year ago

I’ve come back twice. Both times in the hope of finding one out a few partners this time around. Both times I’ve been disappointed. Maybe it’s not the site, maybe it’s us

By *agicM53XMan
over a year ago

Orpington

"I’ve been on and off fab around 7/8 years. I’ve had my fair share of shit haha, but also met some wonderful people I call friends….and had some incredible memorable meets.

I was just wondering does anyone else have these thoughts? Do you always end up coming back? For what reasons would you leave fab? X"

Yes... regular breaks from fab are necessary for me. But I do come back every time ( and I am aware I will be back every time). I will only leave fab for good when I decide to start a relationship (which in my case would be monogamous). I think very highly of you, and what ever you decide to do... I hope it brings you happiness!!

over a year ago

Yes i have these thoughts just about once per day but not because i cant get a meet but because iv still not got exactly what i want have i already i had it was that the highlight of a long life 2 years of happiness or will it return thats why i stay around cos ya just never can tell

over a year ago

I was just wondering does anyone else have these thoughts? Do you always end up coming back? For what reasons would you leave fab? X

Yes... regular breaks from fab are necessary for me. But I do come back every time ( and I am aware I will be back every time). I will only leave fab for good when I decide to start a relationship (which in my case would be monogamous). I think very highly of you, and what ever you decide to do... I hope it brings you happiness!!"

This would be me also. Permanent deletion never to return once in a relationship which would also be monogamous. Good luck op whatever your future on or off fab holds

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I would probably just hide your profile.

You’ll no doubt find out that the dating sites are probably the same people.

You’ve been on our hotlist for a while but you live the other side of the country. We’ve found that to be the case with a lot of people we feel we’d connect with.

Take care OP xx

over a year ago

Meeting is almost impossible these days (see single men… it isn’t just you) so I get where you’re coming from. As others have said maybe hide your profile for a bit, if not good luck out there

over a year ago

"I would probably just hide your profile.

You’ll no doubt find out that the dating sites are probably the same people.

You’ve been on our hotlist for a while but you live the other side of the country. We’ve found that to be the case with a lot of people we feel we’d connect with.

Take care OP xx

"

Well I am extremely flattered thank you x

over a year ago

Yes... regular breaks from fab are necessary for me. But I do come back every time ( and I am aware I will be back every time). I will only leave fab for good when I decide to start a relationship (which in my case would be monogamous). I think very highly of you, and what ever you decide to do... I hope it brings you happiness!!"

Thanks you! Very sweet of you to say that! X

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

For future reference this is xMissSmithx.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

[Removed by poster at 20/08/22 15:50:50]

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Good luck in all that u do x

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't feel any woman should ever quit Fab without sleeping with me first, if only to reinforce what a good decision it is!

over a year ago

We all end up back here. I left for five years… trapped in a vanilla relationship

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

I hope you find what you're looking for , perhaps just hide your account for a while to see how these other platforms suit ,if they do then come back and delete if not and you decide to return you still have your original account and name and the veris that you have rather than starting fresh

Either way good luck x

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I dunno, I just get fed up with it, get mentally fatigued from it. It just loses its lustre.

I used to always leave and then come back a bit later re-energised. Then just starting hiding at it's tough to rebuild for a guy.

I will miss you miss Smith.

over a year ago

We have deleted our account and returned 3 times now

It kinda loses its appeal for us sometimes.

We were leaning more towards visiting clubs and attending socials now.

(Mrs)

over a year ago

They always come back.

5hours

5days

5 weeks

5 months

5 years

But they always come back.

over a year ago

"We have deleted our account and returned 3 times now

It kinda loses its appeal for us sometimes.

We were leaning more towards visiting clubs and attending socials now.

(Mrs) "

Think that’s the way we’re heading to be honest

By *oxesMan
over a year ago

Southend, Essex

Sorry to hear you are leaving but then everything that is good comes to an end at done point. Oddly enough I started swinging about 7/8 years ago after leaving Cardiff.

Anyway I wish you the best.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have regular breaks every half term, which helps me to refocuse on what I actually want from fab, of it ever hot too much I'd just hide my profile for a bit, rather than going unlos

Good luck in whatever you do

over a year ago

"They always come back.

5hours

5days

5 weeks

5 months

5 years

But they always come back."

We do.

over a year ago

"They always come back.

5hours

5days

5 weeks

5 months

5 years

But they always come back.

We do. "

I did, after 4 years away.

over a year ago

"They always come back.

5hours

5days

5 weeks

5 months

5 years

But they always come back."

i wish they did

over a year ago

"Hi op

Why not just hide your profile and have a bit of time away ,then you can return if you want to .

Its rare I find people I'd meet lately so I understand where you're coming from

Good luck whatever you decide.x"

I was about to post similar.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I always hide my profile when I need a rest from the scene. However if I get serious enough with a partner to move in with each other, then I’ll probably delete and call it quits.

Post new Message to Thread