FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Electric car owners: Would you recommend one?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are they a practical proposition just now, or should we wait until they’re more developed, there’s a charging point at every dogging spot, for example ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andotherjCouple
over a year ago

wetherby

Yes 100% EV is a practical proposition, but you may have to change your refuelling habits. We have a Tesla and have no issues with it other than the quirky control panel.

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

dont own one but have used alot, if you have off street parking and a way to charge overnight, go for it, if you dont then rethink, they arent the future, especialy witht the cost of electic atm,to drive they ae gret, if somewhat uninvolving.for me they arent the right choice, so not for everyone, but if i had a whay to charge, i would cosider one

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

To be honest I don't know any of them well enough to recommend one and I'm not sure how well developed they are but if they want to buy electric cars that's up to them. I'm sure they're lovely people.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

If you don’t have off street parking and your preferred dogging spots have no charging infrastructure then, I’d probably suggest waiting a few more years.

I have an ev and if wasn’t able to charge at home, I’d probably have had second thoughts about making the leap to electric. I’m pleased I did though.

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Maybe when/if they sort out hydrogen fuel then the electric car will be like the beta max video. Obsolete

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Scalextric

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Plenty of pros and cons. Depending on where you are travelling you'll need to make sure you can grab a charge. Tesco's offer free charging whilst you shop but typically only 4 bays at a store.

Cost of electric is rising so you'll need to figure out if the cost of electric against the cost of fuel works for you.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

The Skoda one looks good. Well reviewed, Jason Plato enjoyed driving it, Karun chandhok said he’d think about getting one on fifth gear.

over a year ago

I'm lucky as I can charge when I'm at work, but even if I used an at home point, it's still a cool convenience. Everyone talks about range, but I possibly could have got from Bristol to manc and back on a charge. As it is, I will recharge when I'm out and about this weekend.

Plus, they are nippy af, and yet don't sound like a bit racer.

over a year ago

We may ge changing car in the new year looking more to Hybrid than electric

By *ack_at_the_farm....Man
over a year ago

woodhall spa

I don't own one but have driven numerous different brands for a considerable amount of time. If u have a home charging point and you're only making local journeys I would say go ahead. On the other hand those travelling further afield and doing more miles would not see a benefit imo as nationally we dont have a sufficient amount of infrastructure to cater for the needs of these vehicles. When these vehicles have better range and we have increased infrastructure with charging points that slash the charging time down by atleast half what the average time is currently then I would be tempted to move over to electric.

Post new Message to Thread