Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you guys feel when (part#2)

Jump to newest

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere between Hades and Narnia

As the thread got too long, there was an interesting point that someone had made about "a different tilt on the topic enabling an open discussion for men's feelings, but rather people respond with the usual responses.. old habits die hard etc" or something to the affect.

I just wanted to commend whoever said that and thank them for recognising that and understanding that in a day and age of mental health importance, it's important to reach out and talk to someone... anyone.... if you feel that it's beneficial to.

Because look... my inbox is ALWAYS open, if you fancy a chat. I'll do my best to respond and give everyone the same and equal treatment. I'd rather this post or the words of the community cheer you up and make a difference to your day, no matter how small the difference.

I'm not going to copy and paste the content from the previous thread, it's the same title ad this one (only without the #part2) if you fancy catching up with what's been said, I recommend you do so x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
over a year ago

Either way, feel free to continue with anything you have to say x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t text it avoids me to feel anything

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
over a year ago

Aww mate

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

In general men are reluctant to speak about mental health issues or even any difficulty they are having because it's perceived as a weakness even if they themselves are the only ones perceiving it that way.

On here there is a massive imbalance in perception and different degrees of acceptance.

Two carbon copy threads can appear and the responses are completely different based on the gender of the op regardless of the subject.

A woman who is struggling with mental health issues is never told to take a break from the site or to "man up".

The go to response from many is to blow smoke up the arse of a woman with questionable ideas and to shoot on sight a man with the same opinion.

Some people truly believe that the length of their tenure on this site gives them a divine right to say whatever they want with no thought to the consequences.

Maybe if those who are quick to pile on when one of their buddies starts the vindictive ball rolling paused for a moment they might actually realise they aren't practicing what they are preaching.

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
over a year ago

You should bottle the stuff, it's potent. Very well written, impressive

Post new Message to Thread