Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I'm wide awake....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm wide awake and totally bored. Do you have any jokes or funny stories to keep me entertained pretty please

( I'm not looking to meet or chat)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

So I’ve just been to a social first time meeting this person and we got locked into the bar we were in due to this:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/live-updates-derby-city-centre-7489275

Everyone is totally fine x

over a year ago

"So I’ve just been to a social first time meeting this person and we got locked into the bar we were in due to this:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/live-updates-derby-city-centre-7489275

Everyone is totally fine x "

So glad you are OK and that must have been quite scary.

If read the article but it doesn't say what happened could you shed any light only because I'm nosy.

Other than the drama did the social go well?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm also wide awake and I'd like to say I'm sorry for earlier Lorna. It was totally out of character for me to speak in that manner and I should not have said some of the things I did. It's not excusable, I know, but life has been somewhat shit this year having been diagnosed with both diabetes and skin cancer in March. After finishing treatment, it was a massive relief to be given the all the clear two weeks ago, but 2 days ago I was told that my latest white blood cell count was unusually high and now has to be investigated I am trying so hard to get back to a normal life, but it is physically and mentally draining me. So I come and read the forums as a distraction. Most of the time I don't even comment. Today I did, and I snapped, and I am very sorry.

Alis x

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Markfield

Yes it was great Thankyou

Sadly a person felt they wanted to end their life so climbed up some scaffolding, fortunately they were noticed and helped down by the emergency services and are being helped now.

I swear I never manage a normal day or night out anywhere!

over a year ago

"I'm also wide awake and I'd like to say I'm sorry for earlier Lorna. It was totally out of character for me to speak in that manner and I should not have said some of the things I did. It's not excusable, I know, but life has been somewhat shit this year having been diagnosed with both diabetes and skin cancer in March. After finishing treatment, it was a massive relief to be given the all the clear two weeks ago, but 2 days ago I was told that my latest white blood cell count was unusually high and now has to be investigated I am trying so hard to get back to a normal life, but it is physically and mentally draining me. So I come and read the forums as a distraction. Most of the time I don't even comment. Today I did, and I snapped, and I am very sorry.

Alis x"

That's so nice of you to apologise and very much appreciated.

I'm diabetic and I do understand it can be very difficult to manage and get your head round particularly in the early days.

I'm so sorry you have been through so much and we all have bad days and like I said I really appreciate the apology. X

over a year ago

"Yes it was great Thankyou

Sadly a person felt they wanted to end their life so climbed up some scaffolding, fortunately they were noticed and helped down by the emergency services and are being helped now.

I swear I never manage a normal day or night out anywhere! "

Oh Gosh! Well at least the social went OK.

over a year ago

"I'm also wide awake and I'd like to say I'm sorry for earlier Lorna. It was totally out of character for me to speak in that manner and I should not have said some of the things I did. It's not excusable, I know, but life has been somewhat shit this year having been diagnosed with both diabetes and skin cancer in March. After finishing treatment, it was a massive relief to be given the all the clear two weeks ago, but 2 days ago I was told that my latest white blood cell count was unusually high and now has to be investigated I am trying so hard to get back to a normal life, but it is physically and mentally draining me. So I come and read the forums as a distraction. Most of the time I don't even comment. Today I did, and I snapped, and I am very sorry.

Alis x"

I also wanted to add don't let a little spat and disagreement put you off from commenting. Most of us that use the forums occasionally find ourselves in a bit of an argument or saying something we wish we hadn't. X

over a year ago

My wife has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

I know a lot of it is due to lifestyle and eating habits, hopefully she will now start to eat healthier, which will help her lose a bit of weight. I don’t know enough about it to be of any help to her though. Any tips ladies?

over a year ago

"My wife has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

I know a lot of it is due to lifestyle and eating habits, hopefully she will now start to eat healthier, which will help her lose a bit of weight. I don’t know enough about it to be of any help to her though. Any tips ladies? "

1st thing is don't buy diabetic food. It's overpriced and not necessary and doesn't taste that great. Try To support your wife because whilst you are going to be Keen for her to lose weight and potentially lower her sugar levels it isn't that easy. Regarding any other advice always check anything she wants to try with her gp or diabetic nurse.

over a year ago

"My wife has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

I know a lot of it is due to lifestyle and eating habits, hopefully she will now start to eat healthier, which will help her lose a bit of weight. I don’t know enough about it to be of any help to her though. Any tips ladies?

1st thing is don't buy diabetic food. It's overpriced and not necessary and doesn't taste that great. Try To support your wife because whilst you are going to be Keen for her to lose weight and potentially lower her sugar levels it isn't that easy. Regarding any other advice always check anything she wants to try with her gp or diabetic nurse. "

Thankyou Lorna,

She has a 6 week wait for a nurse appointment so we are muddling through with Google at the moment

over a year ago

The GP signposted me to the Diabetes UK website when I was first diagnosed. There's a lot of good information on there..and support too. It's just taking me a while to understand it all.

over a year ago

"The GP signposted me to the Diabetes UK website when I was first diagnosed. There's a lot of good information on there..and support too. It's just taking me a while to understand it all."

I think that’s where she has been told to go as well. Just a nerve wracking time and I work away most weeks

Post new Message to Thread