Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Death Row Brides

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

What do you think the pro's and (pardon the pun) con's are for these women. I would say men too, but it is certainly a female 'thang'. God knows how many there are in the USA, but here in the UK 100's of women seek relationships with and even marry death row inmates from the states.

Why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think for notoriety.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

For the same reason some women spend all day and night chatting on the internet and have little other sign of a real life.....loneliness

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"For the same reason some women spend all day and night chatting on the internet and have little other sign of a real life.....loneliness"

yes quite possibly

over a year ago

"I think for notoriety.

"

May be the ones who pursue the notorious inmates…. but what of those who pursue unknown-Joe.

over a year ago

Drama queens/attention seekers I should imagine.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

Maybe it's the romanticised _iew of the ultimate 'bad boy'. I don't really understand it myself

over a year ago

"For the same reason some women spend all day and night chatting on the internet and have little other sign of a real life.....loneliness"

Can it really be that simple?

Could it really fill the gap of a companion?

over a year ago

"I think for notoriety.

May be the ones who pursue the notorious inmates…. but what of those who pursue unknown-Joe."

I still think that even the unknown "serial killers" wives still have in their head it will bring them some fame and attention...

So attention seeking and lonely is what I think.

over a year ago

"For the same reason some women spend all day and night chatting on the internet and have little other sign of a real life.....loneliness

Could it really fill the gap of a companion?"

A companion to them I would believe would entail a lot...not physical contact, unless on visits..but other things to sort.

Perhaps off to the scene of the "loot" and a lot of women as you read are often fooled into thinking they are the only "one".

over a year ago

"What do you think the pro's and (pardon the pun) con's are for these women. I would say men too, but it is certainly a female 'thang'. God knows how many there are in the USA, but here in the UK 100's of women seek relationships with and even marry death row inmates from the states.

Why?"

i dont think their is 100's women doing it? where did you get info like that from?

women do love the bad lad tho

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've often wondered this myself. Lonliness can't be the only reason because a guy on death row in the states is hardly good company. Do they think they can change them I wonder or save them. It really does take all sorts.

over a year ago

what i find interesting is that some of these men on death row are there for a reason.

mass murderers,rapists etc and why some woman fall head over heels for them really beats me.

maybe they like a bad guy but i dunno.

these people are worse than bad.

very strange.

over a year ago

They're often the airy fairy hippy sort who believe that love will change their murderous ways.

When in reality, they often never meet, spend no time together and the cure for their murderous ways is by lethal injection!

over a year ago

Loneliness for some to a degree or/and some pervers need of martyrdom perhaps, not in the litteral sense obviously perhaps it gives their otherwise empty lives a 'cause'

so to sum it up... they're quite clearly bonkers

over a year ago

"Loneliness for some to a degree or/and some pervers need of martyrdom perhaps, not in the litteral sense obviously perhaps it gives their otherwise empty lives a 'cause'

so to sum it up... they're quite clearly bonkers "

sorry for the rubbish spelling

over a year ago

"Loneliness for some to a degree or/and some pervers need of martyrdom perhaps, not in the litteral sense obviously perhaps it gives their otherwise empty lives a 'cause'

sorry for the rubbish spelling "

life for bad spelling.

over a year ago

sorry for the rubbish spelling "

Removed from my hotlist due to an inability to use the English language correctly!

over a year ago

"What do you think the pro's and (pardon the pun) con's are for these women. I would say men too, but it is certainly a female 'thang'. God knows how many there are in the USA, but here in the UK 100's of women seek relationships with and even marry death row inmates from the states.

Why?

i dont think their is 100's women doing it? where did you get info like that from?

women do love the bad lad tho"

Some of the work done by Patrick Kennedy and a number of CIA forensic psychology studies. There is also some information available from various Deptartment of Corrections.

over a year ago

I just found this extract from a piece written by a convicts wife... apparently in the States they can only meet them if they actually do marry them.

She says, "I don't regret it, but being married to Will was hard and painful. Being a prisoner's wife requires mighty resistance — to the mind-numbing, bureaucratic prison system itself, but even more, to those who so casually dismiss us as less than, those who see us not as people who deserve support and respect but who deserve contempt." She also writes that she still believes in the power of love to stop prisoners "turn[ing] from people who have committed crimes into real, honest-to-god monsters."

I think that makes my theory seem like not a bad one

over a year ago

Removed from my hotlist due to an inability to use the English language correctly!"

... I'm off to be a speccy swot!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"For the same reason some women spend all day and night chatting on the internet and have little other sign of a real life.....loneliness

Could it really fill the gap of a companion?

A companion to them I would believe would entail a lot...not physical contact, unless on visits..but other things to sort.

"

If they didnt want a lot of physical contact,they could have joined a swingers site.

Oh shit!!! I had my single male hat on there.

over a year ago

Removed from my hotlist due to an inability to use the English language correctly!

... I'm off to be a speccy swot! "

I offer extra curricula tuition...

over a year ago

... I'm off to be a speccy swot!

I offer extra curricula tuition... "

I've always wanted to learn about curricula

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Why?"

Desperation, low self esteem issues.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

they can milk their misery for the time until he dies, then thereafter

over a year ago

At least they know where they are

over a year ago

Why?"

The thrill, the danger without really being in danger, the pure stupidity and the macabre attracts some lonely people to them.

over a year ago

"they can milk their misery for the time until he dies, then thereafter"

Now I think that is a very good point.

Post new Message to Thread