Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What is happening to manchester united?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Who else is surpriced thattheir season is going from bad to worse? tTe 2 manchesters are opposite each other, city is leading and utd at last place, could there be a chance they can get relegated, is it down to the manager or that the players doesnt perform or is it a combination of them too

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

its too hot

Reply privately

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

who cares

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"its too hot "

Hot in the City Tonight?

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Long may it continue lol

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

The problems for MUFC are that 1) they think they have an entitlement to success and 2) they have an army of ex-players and ex-managers undermining the current manager.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who the hell cares about bloody football

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Who the hell cares about bloody football"

Well you cared enough to post on this thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

Manchester United are the Liverpool of the 1990s.

Reply privately

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

Given that it’s the most popular sport in the world with billions watching every week and has huge sums of money involved, with global brands wanting to be associated with it, I’d say quite a few people care about football.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm guessing one or two.

Reply privately

By *innocentMan
over a year ago

Littlehampton

All those glory hunting teenage boys of the 90s now regretting their team of choice

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I didn’t realise that not only is the team crumbling the stadium is as well.

Gary Neville appears very upset.

Reply privately

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

The last time Manchester United were 2 played, 2 lost and bottom of the league, they went on to win it.

Can't see it happening this time though.

Major overhaul needed. No direction, no confidence, not playing as a team.

My favourite MU meme of the weekend, after the 4 - 0 route by Brentford.

Christian Erikson goes home to his wife.

"Babe............what the fuck have I done"

Winston

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Football fans ?

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"All those glory hunting teenage boys of the 90s now regretting their team of choice "

Feel personally attacked

Reply privately

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

Replace them with women.

Reply privately

By *ittycock400Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

"All those glory hunting teenage boys of the 90s now regretting their team of choice "

I will never regret my choice to support United. I started supporting them just before the Premier League era but I was always accused of being a glory supporter...

Uniteds history has shown how difficult it is to replace Managers like Busby and Ferguson so I expected a slump. What I didn't account for was the club chucking billions at buying players who did not suit the club or weren't good enough

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"All those glory hunting teenage boys of the 90s now regretting their team of choice

I will never regret my choice to support United. I started supporting them just before the Premier League era but I was always accused of being a glory supporter...

Uniteds history has shown how difficult it is to replace Managers like Busby and Ferguson so I expected a slump. What I didn't account for was the club chucking billions at buying players who did not suit the club or weren't good enough "

Yes, like anyone could have predicted the run United went on! They'd not won the league for 25years when I started watching football.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well said!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The problems for MUFC are that 1) they think they have an entitlement to success and 2) they have an army of ex-players and ex-managers undermining the current manager."

I think they are undermining the owners not the manager in this instance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not biting

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Who else is surpriced thattheir season is going from bad to worse? tTe 2 manchesters are opposite each other, city is leading and utd at last place, could there be a chance they can get relegated, is it down to the manager or that the players doesnt perform or is it a combination of them too "

To be fair, after two games at the beginning of a long season, the current state of the league table is completely irrelevant. If the were to have a good win in their next two games they could easily be in the top five in a fortnight.

I'm not a fan of football in the slightest, but the "hatred" of Man-United for 80% of football fans seems really disproportionate.

Cal

Reply privately

By *eachcplCouple
over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

To be the best team you have to have players of the best quality but united haven't got that. The owners have systematically bled all the money out of the club to line their own pockets and have failed to put large amounts forward to purchase world class players. The Glazers need to go and someone who actually loves united needs to take over.

The last few years has seen poor quality players brought into the squad who only see united as a cash cow to demand big salaries but not being able to produce the goods on the field. Some of the current squad would struggle to get into amateur football never mind the Premier league. On top of that there are and have been too many prima Donnas who should never have been allowed to wear the united shirt.

Add to all that the continual changing of managers going back over many years. It is all a recipe for disaster which will only change when new owners who actually believe in the team take over and put money into making the club great again

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

"All those glory hunting teenage boys of the 90s now regretting their team of choice

Uniteds history has shown how difficult it is to replace Managers like Busby and Ferguson so I expected a slump. What I didn't account for was the club chucking billions at buying players who did not suit the club or weren't good enough

Yes, like anyone could have predicted the run United went on! They'd not won the league for 25years when I started watching football. "

Yes. I wonder if that is the reason of why ferguson stepped down as a manager as he could see the decline, so wanted to end his management during good times? United was its best with giggs and rooney

Reply privately

over a year ago

As I'm a huge liverpool fan I think it's a huge shame for them. They have to watch their 2 biggest rivals compete for the honours each season. The fans are loyal and I can't wait for them to get back to winning ways. Ynwa xxx

Reply privately

By *ittycock400Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

" Yes. I wonder if that is the reason of why ferguson stepped down as a manager as he could see the decline, so wanted to end his management during good times? United was its best with giggs and rooney "

Ferguson had a pretty good idea of what the owners were up too. Remember he said "there is no value in the transfer market". I suspect now that this was code for the Glazers don't want to spend anymore.

I also think that Ferguson's last team needed a massive overhaul due to the age of the players and that he just did not feel up to that.

Reply privately

By *ean counterMan
over a year ago

Kettering

Their whole structure is goings tits up ! Who, in their right mind would spend over £50 million on a centre back who's only 5'9" tall ? Are they fookin'bonkers!! Opposition simply has to keep putting high balls in to the box and at some point the centre forward is going to get a goal !!Mind you as a Leeds United fan I think it's awesome and long may it continue !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Eeeerm there on the down spin nobody can be on top forever as much as the entitled man u fans dont want to believe it

Wjat happened to blackburn what happened to forest hell liverpool went 30 years or so its same in most sports

Wigan dominant in the 80s rugby league leeds in the naughties

Saints now

Bath in rugby union back in the 90s

Patriots in nfl last 20 years now meh

Dallas cowboys in the 90s

Nba

Chicago bulls in the 90s

Lakers celtics in 70s 80s

Laker in the naughties

Sport is a cycle

Man united wont be on top again for 20 or 30 years or more

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes, like anyone could have predicted the run United went on! They'd not won the league for 25years when I started watching football. Yes. I wonder if that is the reason of why ferguson stepped down as a manager as he could see the decline, so wanted to end his management during good times? United was its best with giggs and rooney "

Fergie knew what was going to happen. Was an old team when he left.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Their whole structure is goings tits up ! Who, in their right mind would spend over £50 million on a centre back who's only 5'9" tall ? Are they fookin'bonkers!! Opposition simply has to keep putting high balls in to the box and at some point the centre forward is going to get a goal !!Mind you as a Leeds United fan I think it's awesome and long may it continue !! "

I pointed this out on another thread and got told the old days of hoof ball were over . He got bodied at Brentford. He couldn’t compete and his pace was suspect.

He needs to go out on the left or into midfield. But it’s fun to watch.

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Yes, like anyone could have predicted the run United went on! They'd not won the league for 25years when I started watching football. Yes. I wonder if that is the reason of why ferguson stepped down as a manager as he could see the decline, so wanted to end his management during good times? United was its best with giggs and rooney

Fergie knew what was going to happen. Was an old team when he left. "

Yes. I thought so too. I wonder if we will see them winning in the future?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes, like anyone could have predicted the run United went on! They'd not won the league for 25years when I started watching football. Yes. I wonder if that is the reason of why ferguson stepped down as a manager as he could see the decline, so wanted to end his management during good times? United was its best with giggs and rooney

Fergie knew what was going to happen. Was an old team when he left. Yes. I thought so too. I wonder if we will see them winning in the future? "

Aren’t you a City fan Shag? Haha

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Fergie knew what was going to happen. Was an old team when he left. Yes. I thought so too. I wonder if we will see them winning in the future?

Aren’t you a City fan Shag? Haha "

Yes. I am a city fan as well lol, lets hope that utited can do abit better

Reply privately

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man
over a year ago

newport

No team is to big to get relegated, too many players just happy to pick up big pay cheques need to get rid and pick players who want to play for the club

Reply privately

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

They need a manager that can actually take control of the changing room and get them to play as a team ..until that happens they will stay in the trouble zone

Reply privately

By *cott73Man
over a year ago

brighton

Having moved South many years ago, it became evident that in London you are only ever 6ft away from a cockney red.

Long may it continue...

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Reply privately

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

It’s a beautiful thing watching arrogant cunts crumble, now they know what it’s like to be a real football team that doesn’t win everything, hopefully it’ll bring them back to a more humble setting, gone are the Ferguson years so let’s all join together to point and laugh.

The mr

Reply privately

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

"It’s a beautiful thing watching arrogant cunts crumble, now they know what it’s like to be a real football team that doesn’t win everything, hopefully it’ll bring them back to a more humble setting, gone are the Ferguson years so let’s all join together to point and laugh.

The mr "

Reply privately

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"It’s a beautiful thing watching arrogant cunts crumble, now they know what it’s like to be a real football team that doesn’t win everything, hopefully it’ll bring them back to a more humble setting, gone are the Ferguson years so let’s all join together to point and laugh.

The mr "

What he said with bell and whistles on.

Reply privately

By *rilogyMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

Need the Glazers to do one, fortunately the hate there getting it won't be long, even there children are getting it on social media. They make Mike Ashley look a good owner to.

Reply privately

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

They are going through the same decline Liverpool had in the 90’s. The same entitlement issues. ‘Do you know who we are’ attitude.

They aren’t solving problems - just masking them. Each transfer doesn’t seem considered - just reckless!

They should have had a continuity plan when Ferguson left, as it wasn’t exactly a surprise! Although he left an aging team so the next guy was always going to be the fall guy.

It’ll happen to City at some point…every team that’s successful - the rest of the country wants to see them fail. Plus as much money City have the manager is special, like Fergie was…so that’s why it’s important you plan for the next manager.

K

Reply privately

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

I'd start with Ten hag. Don't know what he's doin'! Old Linacre (yes, I realise it's a misspelling), reckoned they were called in the next day for running practice & a critique. I'd have put in a transfer request in if I was a decent player there. LOL.

Maguire needs dropping - slower than a tortoise on drugs. De Gea takes the whizz. How long before he goes? Rashford going?? You lost Henderson. I've seen the football gossip threads. No one wants to come to Old Trafford..... Lingard at Forest.

Then cos they got Ronaldo back why don't they Get David Moyes? He's doing shit at West Ham...... Is there any more shit players/managers they they can get back?

I laughed my arse off at this post! Manchester Utd fans now realising their club is pants like the rest of our clubs.

Karma eh? Trying to do break away leagues with the other rich clubs. Tut-Tut.

American businessmen don't get it. It's not a money making machine. A club is for kudos - nothing else!

I can't wait for this season to unravel.

Will they get better or will they languish in the bottom by Christmas?

Is it just a blip or will they get relegated like they did in "73/74?"

Tune in for Decembers next installment.

oooh no we can't it's the world cup...

So Jan Feb then?

Stop the pidgeon....

Reply privately

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

The Glazers are there largely because of Ferguson and a row about a racehorse so you know who to blame.....

It is the racehorse of course

Reply privately

By *ociable-NottmCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Despite what’s happening in the background on the pitch Ten hag seems to want to play a certain style like he did at Ajax unfortunately for him it doesn’t look like utd have the right players to do so.

Good for us (Forest) Henderson looks quality hopefully utd will let us sign Garner

Reply privately

By *ufia SnowbunnyTV/TS
over a year ago

Hastings

I'm a big MUFC fan... thankfully that's Maidstone United

Reply privately

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

You could say the start of Uniteds problem was with a race horse called The Rock of Gibraltar. Also I believe after Ferguson left Moyse should’ve been given more time.

Either way it’s only two games, by the end of the season they could be fighting for a Champions League place. The transfer window is still open and it’s only the start of the season. I don’t think they’ll be relegated but the next game is Liverpool so I predict more issues before resolutions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I find it hard to sympathise with them. The way the media are going on yet they were all silent when Mike Ashley was neglecting NUFC for 14 years.

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Reply privately

By *tylebender03Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"Who else is surpriced thattheir season is going from bad to worse? tTe 2 manchesters are opposite each other, city is leading and utd at last place, could there be a chance they can get relegated, is it down to the manager or that the players doesnt perform or is it a combination of them too "

Glazer ownership

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

What are the odds of both Manchester United and Ryan Giggs going down?

Reply privately

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

At least it will hopefully make the premiership less predictable with their loss of form.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In these times of severe water shortage, Brentford are grateful to Man United for taking a shower to the South

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"You could say the start of Uniteds problem was with a race horse called The Rock of Gibraltar. Also I believe after Ferguson left Moyse should’ve been given more time.

Either way it’s only two games, by the end of the season they could be fighting for a Champions League place. The transfer window is still open and it’s only the start of the season. I don’t think they’ll be relegated but the next game is Liverpool so I predict more issues before resolutions. "

I only learned about that recently. The fact United are in this shit show over a fucking horse! I don't know whether to laugh or cry

Reply privately

By *afksedMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Long may it continue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a positive note, at least they may stand a chance of being in the title race next season and may even get promoted back to the premiership

Reply privately

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

"You could say the start of Uniteds problem was with a race horse called The Rock of Gibraltar. Also I believe after Ferguson left Moyse should’ve been given more time.

Either way it’s only two games, by the end of the season they could be fighting for a Champions League place. The transfer window is still open and it’s only the start of the season. I don’t think they’ll be relegated but the next game is Liverpool so I predict more issues before resolutions. "

What does the horse have to do with it?

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Either way it’s only two games, by the end of the season they could be fighting for a Champions League place. The transfer window is still open and it’s only the start of the season. I don’t think they’ll be relegated but the next game is Liverpool so I predict more issues before resolutions.

What does the horse have to do with it?"

Sir Alex got into an argument with a couple of the United shareholders over studding rights of a horse and went it court about it. They pulled out of United letting the Glaziers come in.

Tifo Football did a video about it:

https://youtu.be/1BBYb3uDcXs

Reply privately

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"What are the odds of both Manchester United and Ryan Giggs going down?"

Even, I'd say.....

Reply privately

By *lynJMan
over a year ago

Morden

Sir Alex got into an argument with a couple of the United shareholders over studding rights of a horse and went it court about it. They pulled out of United letting the Glaziers come in.

https://youtu.be/1BBYb3uDcXs"

Thanks for the info.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They're only 6 points off the top and only 2 points from Liverpool (shrugs)

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Who else is surpriced thattheir season is going from bad to worse? tTe 2 manchesters are opposite each other, city is leading and utd at last place, could there be a chance they can get relegated, is it down to the manager or that the players doesnt perform or is it a combination of them too

They're only 6 points off the top and only 2 points from Liverpool (shrugs) "

That's the spirit!

Reply privately

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

What with all the doom and gloom in the country at the moment, rampant inflation, Brexit problems, lying politicians, Covid, etc can I please give a big shout out to Manchester United for brightening up the summer. Long may it continue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a love hate relationship with football, I love the sport but hate how it brings out the hate in people.

Reply privately

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

https://youtu.be/1BBYb3uDcXs"

It’s never really talked about with ex players as they would be critical of Ferguson. Admittedly Roy Keane would possibly attribute some of United decline to that episode.

What’s frustrating (I’m a Bolton fan) if I was a United fan would be that they have a great academy. I’m sure there’s younger talent somewhere amongst that group of players.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I have a love hate relationship with football, I love the sport but hate how it brings out the hate in people. "

This..

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

It’s great to see. The entitlement of their supporters is fantastic viewing and reading. Keep up the good work

Reply privately

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"I have a love hate relationship with football, I love the sport but hate how it brings out the hate in people. "

Same issue I have with the England Football Team. The fans and that bloody band always put me off supporting the National Team. It was great watching the woman’s team and fans a few weeks ago. Totally different atmosphere, you really thought you could go with a family and enjoy the game.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"What with all the doom and gloom in the country at the moment, rampant inflation, Brexit problems, lying politicians, Covid, etc can I please give a big shout out to Manchester United for brightening up the summer. Long may it continue. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

It’s never really talked about with ex players as they would be critical of Ferguson. Admittedly Roy Keane would possibly attribute some of United decline to that episode.

What’s frustrating (I’m a Bolton fan) if I was a United fan would be that they have a great academy. I’m sure there’s younger talent somewhere amongst that group of players. "

Ferguson was a complete twat though. If the only way a manager can get their team to perform, is to give them the "hairdryer" treatment and throw boots and other objects at them, then that's a pretty piss poor method. I'm pretty sure if I roasted my team like that and threw things at people, I'd at minimum be disciplined (rightly) or even sacked. Why is it okay in football?

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I'll have you know, I was a glory hunting teenage boy of the 00s thank you very much

Reply privately

By *NL Social SpurschickWoman
over a year ago

Social Zone

A team in transition and starting from the bottom. Still think they will survive this season, a lot needs to change, but knowing them it won’t and they’ll sack their manager instead of just letting him get on with it. People seem to forget it took Ferguson four seasons to get anywhere when he arrived. Shows how much footie has changed.

The true fans will ride it out

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"It’s great to see. The entitlement of their supporters is fantastic viewing and reading. Keep up the good work "

Like Liverpool fans aren't just as entitled? How did that quadruple work out for your mentality monsters?

Reply privately

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It's simple, they are shite

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

What’s frustrating (I’m a Bolton fan) if I was a United fan would be that they have a great academy. I’m sure there’s younger talent somewhere amongst that group of players.

Ferguson was a complete twat though. If the only way a manager can get their team to perform, is to give them the "hairdryer" treatment and throw boots and other objects at them, then that's a pretty piss poor method. I'm pretty sure if I roasted my team like that and threw things at people, I'd at minimum be disciplined (rightly) or even sacked. Why is it okay in football? "

He didn't just do the hairdryer though. All of his former players said they weren't scared of him, theybwee scared of letting him down. Because he set the standard of how to win and if you weren't on board with that, you were gone.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"It’s great to see. The entitlement of their supporters is fantastic viewing and reading. Keep up the good work

Like Liverpool fans aren't just as entitled? How did that quadruple work out for your mentality monsters?"

We know what bad is and stuck together pal all the way through it. Not once did we call for any of the managers to lose their jobs during that time. The difference between Liverpool and the Manc clubs is we support our team through thick and thin and get behind the squad of players. As for your throw away quadruple quote, it shows how desperate you Mancs are trying to mock another team for not winning all four trophies available to them in a season when the last time you won anything was 2017.

As I said this is excellent reading. Please, continue

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Ferguson was a complete twat though. If the only way a manager can get their team to perform, is to give them the "hairdryer" treatment and throw boots and other objects at them, then that's a pretty piss poor method. I'm pretty sure if I roasted my team like that and threw things at people, I'd at minimum be disciplined (rightly) or even sacked. Why is it okay in football?

He didn't just do the hairdryer though. All of his former players said they weren't scared of him, theybwee scared of letting him down. Because he set the standard of how to win and if you weren't on board with that, you were gone."

Any manager who throws things at their charges when things aren't going their way is not competent.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"It’s great to see. The entitlement of their supporters is fantastic viewing and reading. Keep up the good work

Like Liverpool fans aren't just as entitled? How did that quadruple work out for your mentality monsters?

We know what bad is and stuck together pal all the way through it. Not once did we call for any of the managers to lose their jobs during that time. The difference between Liverpool and the Manc clubs is we support our team through thick and thin and get behind the squad of players. As for your throw away quadruple quote, it shows how desperate you Mancs are trying to mock another team for not winning all four trophies available to them in a season when the last time you won anything was 2017.

As I said this is excellent reading. Please, continue "

Stuck together? Is that what you call sending death threats to Karius after the Champions League final? Hounding out Roy Hodgson even though he was only an appointment by the old regime? Supporting Robbie Fowler making homophobic remarks to Graeme Le Saux? Great fans sticking together for their team there.

By the way, I'm comparing what you actually achieved to what your fans kept harping on about to anyone with ears. It also still shows the emotions Man United draw out in people. You'd never get this level of vitriol in a thread for any other team

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

He didn't just do the hairdryer though. All of his former players said they weren't scared of him, theybwee scared of letting him down. Because he set the standard of how to win and if you weren't on board with that, you were gone.

Any manager who throws things at their charges when things aren't going their way is not competent. "

What do he throw? He kicked a boot when angry that hit Beckham, you really think he was aiming for him?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Support your local team. Up The Gas!

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Any manager who throws things at their charges when things aren't going their way is not competent.

What do he throw? He kicked a boot when angry that hit Beckham, you really think he was aiming for him?"

There'd plenty of stories of him lobbing bits of kit and bottles (and boots) during half time team talks and the like. Not just the episode Beckham spoke about.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Stuck together? Is that what you call sending death threats to Karius after the Champions League final? Hounding out Roy Hodgson even though he was only an appointment by the old regime? Supporting Robbie Fowler making homophobic remarks to Graeme Le Saux? Great fans sticking together for their team there.

By the way, I'm comparing what you actually achieved to what your fans kept harping on about to anyone with ears. It also still shows the emotions Man United draw out in people. You'd never get this level of vitriol in a thread for any other team "

You always seem a little perplexed and get hot and bothered with football threads don’t you? Read the OP, It asks what’s happening to Manchester United. The answer so clear it’s on the end of your nose but yet you chose to speak about Liverpool. Talk about living rent free

Please continue, it’s brilliant reading

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

For clarity, I'm neither a Liverpool nor a Man U fan, so have no vested interest on either side of that particular debate.

Reply privately

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Hope it continues.

YNWA.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

By the way, I'm comparing what you actually achieved to what your fans kept harping on about to anyone with ears. It also still shows the emotions Man United draw out in people. You'd never get this level of vitriol in a thread for any other team

You always seem a little perplexed and get hot and bothered with football threads don’t you? Read the OP, It asks what’s happening to Manchester United. The answer so clear it’s on the end of your nose but yet you chose to speak about Liverpool. Talk about living rent free

Please continue, it’s brilliant reading "

Now now boys. I’ll have the pair of you over my knee!

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Please continue, it’s brilliant reading "

You're talking about me mentioning Liverpool, you commented on a Man United thread! The problems are easy to see at United, how to fix it is another issue. Let's be honest, it's just a thread made for other fans to pile on United like most of them are on here. The reason you don't get them when City or Liverpool lose big games is because they get all of 10 comments

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

[Removed by poster at 16/08/22 11:37:53]

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

I'm ambivalent about the Man U of today, they're just another team in a league 3 leagues above the one my team play in. However, I heartily disliked Alex Ferguson and still do.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Please continue, it’s brilliant reading

You're talking about me mentioning Liverpool, you commented on a Man United thread! The problems are easy to see at United, how to fix it is another issue. Let's be honest, it's just a thread made for other fans to pile on United like most of them are on here. The reason you don't get them when City or Liverpool lose big games is because they get all of 10 comments"

Nah, it’s cause Man Utd fans are entitled. I refer back to my first post that you took exception to

Reply privately

By *eamworkboyMan
over a year ago

Irvine

Too much player power there, they are bossing the dressing room in some kind of clique, they are going nowhere and until Ten Hag gets the dressing room sorted out his coat will be on a shaky nail

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Nah, it’s cause Man Utd fans are entitled. I refer back to my first post that you took exception to "

Ok, in what way have United fans been entitled here?

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Now now boys. I’ll have the pair of you over my knee! "

But Nora, he talks shite!

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"Nah, it’s cause Man Utd fans are entitled. I refer back to my first post that you took exception to

Ok, in what way have United fans been entitled here?"

If you’re seriously searching for the answer to this question then you’re part of the problem that exists with the Man Utd fan base.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"Now now boys. I’ll have the pair of you over my knee!

But Nora, he talks shite! "

Bless. The truth cuts deep. Really deep

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Too much player power there, they are bossing the dressing room in some kind of clique, they are going nowhere and until Ten Hag gets the dressing room sorted out his coat will be on a shaky nail "

Not just at Man U, but at clubs where players earn ridiculous salaries and where agents seem to call the shots, it seems like managers always have issues controlling the dressing room. It's bonkers that individual players and agents seem to be able to influence things so much.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Nah, it’s cause Man Utd fans are entitled. I refer back to my first post that you took exception to

If you’re seriously searching for the answer to this question then you’re part of the problem that exists with the Man Utd fan base. "

Again, so vague. Do you only deal in sweeping statements or do you give examples once in a while to show you actually know something about football?

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"Too much player power there, they are bossing the dressing room in some kind of clique, they are going nowhere and until Ten Hag gets the dressing room sorted out his coat will be on a shaky nail

Not just at Man U, but at clubs where players earn ridiculous salaries and where agents seem to call the shots, it seems like managers always have issues controlling the dressing room. It's bonkers that individual players and agents seem to be able to influence things so much. "

But but but paying large salaries and paying over inflated transfer fees should buy success but it’s Liverpools fault

Reply privately

By *ickdasterdly51Man
over a year ago

Lingfield

The main reason City don't get any stick is because no one cares about them! My local Surrey pub isn't full of Man City shirt wearers claiming superiority over everyone else.

Personally my dislike of Man Utd started at the 1990 FA Cup final when our coach was parked alongside the Suffolk Reds and the Torbay Reds, etc, etc. All areas with perfectly good local teams to support and yet these people decided to support a team miles from where they lived simply because it was successful. I appreciate that glory hunting always has and always will be a thing but it's nice for supporters of less fashionable clubs when things go badly for them.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Too much player power there, they are bossing the dressing room in some kind of clique, they are going nowhere and until Ten Hag gets the dressing room sorted out his coat will be on a shaky nail

Not just at Man U, but at clubs where players earn ridiculous salaries and where agents seem to call the shots, it seems like managers always have issues controlling the dressing room. It's bonkers that individual players and agents seem to be able to influence things so much. "

I agree, it feels like unless you're a proven winner of a manager, getting players to buy into an idea is tough, otherwise they don't bother because they're getting paid regardless. It's sad to see

Reply privately

By *eamworkboyMan
over a year ago

Irvine

I agree totally but in MAN Uniteds case it seems worse, I did think it would improve with Pogba leaving but no chance, Ronaldo is class but he clearly doesn't want another season there so he will be casting a cloud over the place.

For them to improve they have to clear the dressing room out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Not just at Man U, but at clubs where players earn ridiculous salaries and where agents seem to call the shots, it seems like managers always have issues controlling the dressing room. It's bonkers that individual players and agents seem to be able to influence things so much.

I agree, it feels like unless you're a proven winner of a manager, getting players to buy into an idea is tough, otherwise they don't bother because they're getting paid regardless. It's sad to see "

Ten Haag is a proven winner with Ajax (of Dutch league and cup trophies). He also managed the Go Ahead Eagles who are my Dutch team, so I have a soft spot for him. He should have sufficient respect just because he's been appointed by the Club. He's won things with Ajax which should also contribute.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I agree, it feels like unless you're a proven winner of a manager, getting players to buy into an idea is tough, otherwise they don't bother because they're getting paid regardless. It's sad to see

Ten Haag is a proven winner with Ajax (of Dutch league and cup trophies). He also managed the Go Ahead Eagles who are my Dutch team, so I have a soft spot for him. He should have sufficient respect just because he's been appointed by the Club. He's won things with Ajax which should also contribute. "

I agree, getting to the CL semi finals with that Ajax team should also be enough. That's why I'd rather give hime all the time in the world to get his players in and shift the divas, even if we finish mid-table for a couple of years.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

If you’re seriously searching for the answer to this question then you’re part of the problem that exists with the Man Utd fan base.

Again, so vague. Do you only deal in sweeping statements or do you give examples once in a while to show you actually know something about football?"

Buying a packet of panini stickers once in 2015 doesn’t make you the Fab footballing font of all knowledge. I’ll try and be a little less vague so you can digest what’s going wrong with your club.

Spending a £1 billion on a squad of players. Paying massive salaries for ‘big name superstars. Buying the most expensive players to make ‘a statement of intent’. Hiring the ‘best managers in the world’ at the time. Securing the most lucrative sponsorship deal in Footballing history. Building the biggest stadium in English club football. All to ensure you compete at the highest level of footballing competition and WIN THINGS. When this doesn’t happen and cracks start to appear you see mass walk outs during games by the deluded who think this will benefit the team playing in-front of an empty stadium. You’ve never had it so good and you’ve squandered it all away.

You talk about how Man Utd fans are not being entitled, you had it all and lost it and you’re now living off the scraps of your past success. Just because the above bought you success in past doesn’t mean it will guarantee success in the future. But all we hear about is Man Utd being a ‘massive’ club and ‘should’ be competing at the highest level.

If you can’t see this is entitlement then you’re part of the crumbling fabric that’s trying desperately to hold Old Trafford together

Reply privately

over a year ago

My 2p, MU were never a great club. It was all Ferguson. All of it. The sign of a club is that it’s bigger than any one player or manager. Shit before Fergy, shit after, they are an a rage club who had the best manager England has ever seen. Could have been any club, had they had Fergy for 25 years.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Again, so vague. Do you only deal in sweeping statements or do you give examples once in a while to show you actually know something about football?

Buying a packet of panini stickers once in 2015 doesn’t make you the Fab footballing font of all knowledge. I’ll try and be a little less vague so you can digest what’s going wrong with your club.

Spending a £1 billion on a squad of players. Paying massive salaries for ‘big name superstars. Buying the most expensive players to make ‘a statement of intent’. Hiring the ‘best managers in the world’ at the time. Securing the most lucrative sponsorship deal in Footballing history. Building the biggest stadium in English club football. All to ensure you compete at the highest level of footballing competition and WIN THINGS. When this doesn’t happen and cracks start to appear you see mass walk outs during games by the deluded who think this will benefit the team playing in-front of an empty stadium. You’ve never had it so good and you’ve squandered it all away.

You talk about how Man Utd fans are not being entitled, you had it all and lost it and you’re now living off the scraps of your past success. Just because the above bought you success in past doesn’t mean it will guarantee success in the future. But all we hear about is Man Utd being a ‘massive’ club and ‘should’ be competing at the highest level.

If you can’t see this is entitlement then you’re part of the crumbling fabric that’s trying desperately to hold Old Trafford together "

You've completely contradicted yourself here. You mention all the investment made in ensuring Man United remain one of the biggest clubs in the world and yet you call the fans entitled for expecting them to act like it?

The walkouts are because fans know the team doesn't care about the fans or the manager, hence getting 3 of them sacked and not showing fight or pride for the club. And it all starts at the top. We had one of the best stadiums in the world that's now rusting and leaking, we could sign the best players and not that allure is diminishing. If the club has the resources and riches it has, why shouldn't fans expect to compete at the very top? That is not entitlement.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe it's just time they had a huge clear out (I mean I always perform best after one) , turn to the academy squad and start afresh. As long as they remember those wise words .... "you'll win nowt with kids".

Reply privately

By *r_PinkMan
over a year ago

london stratford

As a Liverpool fan I am over the moon

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

If you can’t see this is entitlement then you’re part of the crumbling fabric that’s trying desperately to hold Old Trafford together

You've completely contradicted yourself here. You mention all the investment made in ensuring Man United remain one of the biggest clubs in the world and yet you call the fans entitled for expecting them to act like it?

The walkouts are because fans know the team doesn't care about the fans or the manager, hence getting 3 of them sacked and not showing fight or pride for the club. And it all starts at the top. We had one of the best stadiums in the world that's now rusting and leaking, we could sign the best players and not that allure is diminishing. If the club has the resources and riches it has, why shouldn't fans expect to compete at the very top? That is not entitlement."

No, your fans are walking out cause they’re fed up of being torn a new arsehole by teams like feel Brighton (insert any other team).

Why are they fed up? It’s because YOU STILL THINK YOURE A BIG CLUB because of the things I’ve mentioned above. This is entitlement.

As for your owners. It’s not your owners getting turned over week in and week out. They’ve provided you with a warchest that’s been the envy of most clubs. Your owners were the best thing that could’ve happened to your club when Mr Ferguson was in charge.

As I stated in my very first post. This is excellent reading. Please carry on

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

The walkouts are because fans know the team doesn't care about the fans or the manager, hence getting 3 of them sacked and not showing fight or pride for the club. And it all starts at the top. We had one of the best stadiums in the world that's now rusting and leaking, we could sign the best players and not that allure is diminishing. If the club has the resources and riches it has, why shouldn't fans expect to compete at the very top? That is not entitlement.

No, your fans are walking out cause they’re fed up of being torn a new arsehole by teams like feel Brighton (insert any other team).

Why are they fed up? It’s because YOU STILL THINK YOURE A BIG CLUB because of the things I’ve mentioned above. This is entitlement.

As for your owners. It’s not your owners getting turned over week in and week out. They’ve provided you with a warchest that’s been the envy of most clubs. Your owners were the best thing that could’ve happened to your club when Mr Ferguson was in charge.

As I stated in my very first post. This is excellent reading. Please carry on "

I'm done, I can't anymore. You're clearly letting your bias get in the way of having a sensible opinion that I'm not going to change your mind regardless of how I spell it out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

"Maybe it's just time they had a huge clear out (I mean I always perform best after one) , turn to the academy squad and start afresh. As long as they remember those wise words .... "you'll win nowt with kids"."

^^^This. We've had some United academy players come on loan - why can't they get a chance at actual Man U? As is demonstrated across the Premier League, buying all the so called best players and shoving them together, does not necessarily work. Build a good squad from basics and they might have a fighting chance. In two or three years.

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I'm done, I can't anymore. You're clearly letting your bias get in the way of having a sensible opinion that I'm not going to change your mind regardless of how I spell it out. "

Clearly

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Ownership model and structure doesn't work, it's got further to fall yet. Until they fix that and get the exorcist in to prize out whatever evil spirit infests the changing room that means good professional players turn into selfish lazy twats... They will still be heading south.

Keep changing the manager won't work.

But gives the back pages something to talk about.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I'm done, I can't anymore. You're clearly letting your bias get in the way of having a sensible opinion that I'm not going to change your mind regardless of how I spell it out.

Clearly "

But let me just say......

Reply privately

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Clearly

But let me just say......"

Just don’t mention the L word though

Reply privately

over a year ago

North West

Clearly

But let me just say......

Just don’t mention the L word though "

Awwwww, you LURVE each other

Reply privately

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

United fans also have forgotten the amount of times they turned up to Old Trafford (long journey from London) with 'Ferguson out' banners, he'd asked for 5 years to build a team and they struggled but he got there

Reply privately

By *dventurous biMan
over a year ago

tesside

In the mid to latter years of SAF’s reign he had a coaching staff that developed players.

Woodward allowed that staff to be discarded by Moyes and replaced by nonentities.

Since then, each incoming manager got to do the same.

Is it any wonder that there isn’t a cohesive style in the squad?

Is it any wonder that I can’t think of a player that has come to United in the past five years and improved?

Is it any wonder that the club that produced the Class of ‘92 is stagnant?

Individual players can be blamed for their attitude and performance, but the root cause is the failures of successive managers to address the coaching issues.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"In the mid to latter years of SAF’s reign he had a coaching staff that developed players.

Woodward allowed that staff to be discarded by Moyes and replaced by nonentities.

Since then, each incoming manager got to do the same.

Is it any wonder that there isn’t a cohesive style in the squad?

Is it any wonder that I can’t think of a player that has come to United in the past five years and improved?

Is it any wonder that the club that produced the Class of ‘92 is stagnant?

Individual players can be blamed for their attitude and performance, but the root cause is the failures of successive managers to address the coaching issues.

"

That's one of the issues. There are a litany of issues all as big as eachother and have been ignored due to fergies last few years dragging results out.

Reply privately

By *ance1502Man
over a year ago

London

As an Arsenal fan I'm loving what utd are going through. Last year we were propping up the bottom of the table now it's their turn.

Funny thing is they have no plan and they've not made any substantial changes so the circus will continue for a while yet. Happy days

Reply privately

over a year ago

The worrying facts haven’t changed - other clubs are leaving them behind and there simply is not the same infrastructure as elite level clubs and facilities etc.

Jose Mourinho was right when he said one of his biggest achievements was 2nd place and winning a trophy there.

Reply privately

By *hagTonight OP   Man
over a year ago

Reply privately

By *dventurous biMan
over a year ago

tesside

"The worrying facts haven’t changed - other clubs are leaving them behind and there simply is not the same infrastructure as elite level clubs and facilities etc.

Jose Mourinho was right when he said one of his biggest achievements was 2nd place and winning a trophy there."

Almost as good as SAF winning the title in his final season.

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Big news that Glazers have softened thier stance on selling, part or whole.

And that Sir Jim Ratcliffe IS interested!

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Big news that Glazers have softened thier stance on selling, part or whole.

And that Sir Jim Ratcliffe IS interested! "

If there is genuine interest, then I hope fans protest to the fucking heavens to get those leeches out ASAP.

Reply privately

By *usman 199Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Please not Michael Knighton. Buffoon

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Big news that Glazers have softened thier stance on selling, part or whole.

And that Sir Jim Ratcliffe IS interested!

If there is genuine interest, then I hope fans protest to the fucking heavens to get those leeches out ASAP."

Sky news giving more details, ex-united players will be involved, Dave brailsford. It's more than just a yeah I'd be interested.

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Please not Michael Knighton. Buffoon "

Great at keepie uppies though

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Please not Michael Knighton. Buffoon "

Didn't David hastlehoff play him

Reply privately

By *undance_KidMan
over a year ago

London

What does everyone make of the Casemiro signing? Think it will help but still need another 2 decent players.

Reply privately

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

"What does everyone make of the Casemiro signing? Think it will help but still need another 2 decent players."

Over priced, hes 30. Hes getting easy payday.

Joining Utd is a good move for him but Utd making same mistakes.

Need to get some younger players in for the future.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"What does everyone make of the Casemiro signing? Think it will help but still need another 2 decent players."

Another 2 decent players?! Hmmm... Probably need another 8 decent players. But that aside. Not sure he is a fit for united or ten haags stated development strategy.not of the right temperament for the prem. That said... Hes an improvement on mcfred. They'd have been better off giving Jack Wilshire a call though.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Heard this morning that Chelsea could be in for maguire. Which would be great business for man utd.

Reply privately

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

"Heard this morning that Chelsea could be in for maguire. Which would be great business for man utd. "

Lol

Had to check to make sure its not 1st April.

Hope he never leaves Utd.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think he can be a big help but feel they're panic buying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've just read that Newcastle United and West Ham United are interested in signing Scott McTominay

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Heard this morning that Chelsea could be in for maguire. Which would be great business for man utd.

Lol

Hope he never leaves Utd. "

No bs...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12677099/chelsea-make-enquiry-to-sign-harry-maguire-from-manchester-united-paper-talk

Reply privately

By *dventurous biMan
over a year ago

tesside

"Heard this morning that Chelsea could be in for maguire. Which would be great business for man utd.

Lol

Hope he never leaves Utd. "

Liverpool fans?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s good ain’t it

Reply privately

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

BBC Sport Website - Football...

Good article about Casemiro...

Casemiro: What are Manchester United getting in Real Madrid midfielder?

Winston

Reply privately

By *dventurous biMan
over a year ago

tesside

"I've just read that Newcastle United and West Ham United are interested in signing Scott McTominay "

McT is another of the enigma players. Loads of potential and commitment and then just fizzled out over the last two seasons.

Wan Bisaka, not a scrap of improvement.

Bruno, a shadow of the player he was when he arrived.

Rashford, wtf happened?

Maguire.

The player whose name we won’t mention due to the ongoing police investigations.

Tony Marshall, maybe this is his year but he should have delivered far more over the past two seasons.

The list goes on and on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"United fans also have forgotten the amount of times they turned up to Old Trafford (long journey from London) with 'Ferguson out' banners, he'd asked for 5 years to build a team and they struggled but he got there"

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"What does everyone make of the Casemiro signing? Think it will help but still need another 2 decent players.

"

He's younger than van Dijk, de bruyne, Kyle walker, Gundogan...

Same age as Mane, Son, Salah, Wilson...

A year older than Kane, Zaha...

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Casemiro is a good signing. He may be in for a shock in terms of the play over here. I wonder how many yellows he will rack up?

I would be happy if he signed for us for sure.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"What does everyone make of the Casemiro signing? Think it will help but still need another 2 decent players.

A year older than Kane, Zaha..."

I can’t believe De Bruyne is 31. Lucky bastard looks early 20’s.

Reply privately

By *ames-77Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Well and truly fucked .. hopefully Ronaldo gets out to end his career on a high

Reply privately

By *urtyDoggerMan
over a year ago

Colchester and surrounding

The issues at Manchester United run deeper than 11 blokes running around the pitch.

The owners are business people.

When SAF retired the onus should of been to replace him with the next best manager, Pep.

They didn’t do that and this is the result. Yes there has been bad performances but when you’ve had 4 different coaches in 5 years, all with different ideas, all with different styles, of course you will be slightly confused about how to do your job.

The club needs a takeover, massive investment and it needs to find itself again.

Manchester United hold the record for the most consecutive appearances but an academy player in the first team, and that is something to be proud of, they promote youth, does that hinder us, sometimes yes. But it’s our footballing philosophy

Reply privately

By *llaandGCouple
over a year ago

London

"As I'm a huge liverpool fan I think it's a huge shame for them. They have to watch their 2 biggest rivals compete for the honours each season. The fans are loyal and I can't wait for them to get back to winning ways. Ynwa xxx "

This is a really great post. Nice to see some camaraderie. And agreed, Man U doing badly is probably bad for English Football as a whole.

G

(DoI - half-arsed Palace supporter!)

Reply privately

By *D of funCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Bring back Alex Ferguson

Reply privately

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

A year older than Kane, Zaha..."

Those players you mentioned joined their teams a few years ago and had chance to adapt and improve and learn the league.

Hes 30 moving to a new country, new players,manager and new league.

Its about the money.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Well and truly fucked .. hopefully Ronaldo gets out to end his career on a high "

Not many seem to want him, his wage demands look too high and if he's happy to play for much less then what team wants the potential disruption of a bloke past his prime and for whom it looks like he wants the team built around him..

I think they need to shunt him off but they tied that particular rod to their own back in what was a false dawn ploy for some of the fanbase..

Both him and now Cassemiro don't play the type of game ten Hag did at Ajax and how the rivals both domestically and in Europe are playing so not sure what's going on there, with Ferguson there was a consistent approach but since him they look like a club searching for something..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The issues at Manchester United run deeper than 11 blokes running around the pitch.

When SAF retired the onus should of been to replace him with the next best manager, Pep.

They didn’t do that and this is the result. Yes there has been bad performances but when you’ve had 4 different coaches in 5 years, all with different ideas, all with different styles, of course you will be slightly confused about how to do your job.

The club needs a takeover, massive investment and it needs to find itself again.

Manchester United hold the record for the most consecutive appearances but an academy player in the first team, and that is something to be proud of, they promote youth, does that hinder us, sometimes yes. But it’s our footballing philosophy "

The academy doesn't seem to produce the type of players it used to.

It's as if it'd have lost their identity of fast intense okay SAF created for the club.

Imo pep would have been a bad choice. You'd be trying to create a very different style. A club should be bigger than the manager and you should get a manger to suit the club.

Reply privately

By *orkswatcherMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

SAF knew it was coming, didn't invest as much into youth as they have been famous for.

Should have got rid of De gea years ago. I wouldn't have McGuire playing for my local non league team let alone premier league.

Too many players that don't gel together

Reply privately

over a year ago

They have too many players who think they are bigger than the club. They need to do a cleanup like and give more power to the manager like Arsenal did

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well and truly fucked .. hopefully Ronaldo gets out to end his career on a high

Not many seem to want him, his wage demands look too high and if he's happy to play for much less then what team wants the potential disruption of a bloke past his prime and for whom it looks like he wants the team built around him..

I think they need to shunt him off but they tied that particular rod to their own back in what was a false dawn ploy for some of the fanbase..

Both him and now Cassemiro don't play the type of game ten Hag did at Ajax and how the rivals both domestically and in Europe are playing so not sure what's going on there, with Ferguson there was a consistent approach but since him they look like a club searching for something.."

the only way I can see cassemiro add value is if he can unlock Erikson who looks like he doesnt have a position yet.

But as a player he feels like another slower player who won't create energy.

Perhaps it's to add cover in front of McGuire. Aka Kante.

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Well and truly fucked .. hopefully Ronaldo gets out to end his career on a high

Both him and now Cassemiro don't play the type of game ten Hag did at Ajax and how the rivals both domestically and in Europe are playing so not sure what's going on there, with Ferguson there was a consistent approach but since him they look like a club searching for something.."

What do you mean by consistent approach?

Reply privately

By *undance_KidMan
over a year ago

London

Casemiro will add some bite and game intelligence to the team, all they need is one or two players, a couple of wins, build up their confidence then onwards and upwards !!

Reply privately

By *urtyDoggerMan
over a year ago

A year older than Kane, Zaha...

Those players you mentioned joined their teams a few years ago and had chance to adapt and improve and learn the league.

Hes 30 moving to a new country, new players,manager and new league.

Its about the money.

"

He is a world class CDM, the precise type of player we need. Forest just paid 45m for a championship player

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Look on the positive side, beat Liverpool on Monday and you go above them in the league.

My wish this season - these two teams settling for mid table mediocrity.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Casemiro is a good signing. He may be in for a shock in terms of the play over here. I wonder how many yellows he will rack up?

I would be happy if he signed for us for sure.

"

If Taylors reffing... Not so many.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"The issues at Manchester United run deeper than 11 blokes running around the pitch.

Manchester United hold the record for the most consecutive appearances but an academy player in the first team, and that is something to be proud of, they promote youth, does that hinder us, sometimes yes. But it’s our footballing philosophy "

"slightly confused about how to do your job"

It's an easy game though, tackle the man with ball, pass to someone with the same colour shirt on... and many of the attributes require no skill whatsoever ... Like being coachable, putting in maximum effort.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Both him and now Cassemiro don't play the type of game ten Hag did at Ajax and how the rivals both domestically and in Europe are playing so not sure what's going on there, with Ferguson there was a consistent approach but since him they look like a club searching for something..

What do you mean by consistent approach? "

They were a unit, not liked by some which is the way with success but you had to respect Ferguson for how they operated (I speak as a red from the western end of the 62)..

Since then there's been too many aspects from managers to recruitment which have been below par for that club..

Reply privately

By *urtyDoggerMan
over a year ago

Manchester United hold the record for the most consecutive appearances but an academy player in the first team, and that is something to be proud of, they promote youth, does that hinder us, sometimes yes. But it’s our footballing philosophy

"slightly confused about how to do your job"

It's an easy game though, tackle the man with ball, pass to someone with the same colour shirt on... and many of the attributes require no skill whatsoever ... Like being coachable, putting in maximum effort. "

You actually used your time to construct that?

Reply privately

By *dventurous biMan
over a year ago

tesside

They were a unit, not liked by some which is the way with success but you had to respect Ferguson for how they operated (I speak as a red from the western end of the 62)..

Since then there's been too many aspects from managers to recruitment which have been below par for that club..

"

We’re experiencing the cyclical nature of success. It took Liverpool a long time to get from their 18th to 19th league title. It may take us a while to get to our 21st. Meantime City are chasing No. 9. I’d back us to get our 21st before City get halfway there.

(I wouldn’t back us to get to 21 before Liverpool unless you’re offering decent odds)

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

We’re experiencing the cyclical nature of success. It took Liverpool a long time to get from their 18th to 19th league title. It may take us a while to get to our 21st. Meantime City are chasing No. 9. I’d back us to get our 21st before City get halfway there.

(I wouldn’t back us to get to 21 before Liverpool unless you’re offering decent odds)"

Make you right, it's a bit of a come down when a team has been so dominant in the league and Europe etc..

Not sure I agree on utd and city and league wins, I think the latter are more likely to be either top or not far behind for a cpl of years yet..

Reply privately

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

It's been 10 years now! Flies by. The bad thing is, money has been spent on the squad and wages but it's not been utilised in any way well.

From the outside it seems so easy to fix. What I'd going on behind the scenes!

Reply privately

By *irtydevil666Man
over a year ago

bristol

There going down the pan......flush

Reply privately

By *dventurous biMan
over a year ago

tesside

"There going down the pan......flush"

They’re not. Regardless of Monday’s result.

But it suits the agenda of all the green-eyed fans of other clubs who built up a level of resentment over the SAF glory years to revel in the travails that currently befall them.

Oh what glorious times they were though. PL Champions three years in a row. Twice!

That glorious treble.

Four or five rebuilds across those seasons with homegrown players to the fore.

I understand the envy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There going down the pan......flush

But it suits the agenda of all the green-eyed fans of other clubs who built up a level of resentment over the SAF glory years to revel in the travails that currently befall them.

Oh what glorious times they were though. PL Champions three years in a row. Twice!

That glorious treble.

I understand the envy"

I have no skin in this game, but I suspect others are looking at utd, the way utd fans looked at Liverpool... Was that envy ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There going down the pan......flush

That glorious treble.

I understand the envyI have no skin in this game, but I suspect others are looking at utd, the way utd fans looked at Liverpool... Was that envy ?

"

It wasn't just United fans that viewed Liverpool that way.

The rivalry between them highlights the feelings though.

But yes, the British public like to build people up, then enjoy their fall.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Part of the problem is that the fans are still living in the past. The Fergie model of the team has gone and so has he.

The rot really set in when the Glaziers took over and the ethos changed to a business model

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Part of the problem is that the fans are still living in the past. The Fergie model of the team has gone and so has he.

The rot really set in when the Glaziers took over and the ethos changed to a business model"

spot on. Everything else is just noise.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can we really let this thread flounder in 172 replies? (Well, 173 with this one)

Surely there’s at least 2 more opinions out there on the topic? Anyone?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think the top of the bottom half is the best they can hope for this season.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

175 ready for tomorrows man utd thread post Liverpool?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone else?!

Ah.

Oh ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Liverpool will destroy them tomorrow