Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

schools

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

everyday i pick my daughter up she is in another set of clothes as she has been playing with the sink in the loo and getting herself soaked, a few times it was funny now i am getting annoyed she is being left to get up to this everyday!!

is it wrong for me to tell them they need to start keeping an eye on her more as it keeps happening?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"everyday i pick my daughter up she is in another set of clothes as she has been playing with the sink in the loo and getting herself soaked, a few times it was funny now i am getting annoyed she is being left to get up to this everyday!!

is it wrong for me to tell them they need to start keeping an eye on her more as it keeps happening?"

Give them written notification of your concern and warn them that if they fail to deal with the matter you will seek legal advice from the citizens advice folk.

over a year ago

thats a bit too far init lol

over a year ago

Buy her a wet suit great for wipe clean too

over a year ago

the only reason it pisses me off is it winter, she is getting soaked (not a goos idea in winter) and the usally put her in a silly tee shirt.

i know i prob sound like a over reacting bitch but hey ho lol

over a year ago

"thats a bit too far init lol"

Not really, if they are not dealing with the issue then you have to make them take notice. A polite chat letting them know your thoughts is the only way to change things.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I don't think you're over reacting at all, I'd ring and have a quiet word with the head first.

over a year ago

A quiet word in the form teachers ear should do it, just tell them what you've written here - not over reacting at all, your child, your concerns, you voice them xxx

over a year ago

I would also be really concerned that she is being left unattended in a loo, germs etc. Speak to the teacher again, tell her that you do not wish to have your daughter soaked through and if it happens again you are going to take it further, I dont think your over reacting at all

over a year ago

ok i have decided.

i am gonna go in with a bucket of water. chuck it over the teacher. say now how do u fucking like it.

lol

over a year ago

", just tell them what you've written here - "

But for fecks dont tell them where "here" is

over a year ago

"ok i have decided.

i am gonna go in with a bucket of water. chuck it over the teacher. say now how do u fucking like it.

lol"

LMFAO, Oh I do wish I had your style, you make me laugh Honey xxx

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Love it, sensible advice, she appears to be considering it, then out comes the bucket. Superb.

Seriously thoug, does your daughter not have an explanation?

over a year ago

she is 4 and our convos tend to go like this....

hello hello, yes hello hello hello hello whats your name hello hello do my milk!

over a year ago

"she is 4 and our convos tend to go like this....

hello hello, yes hello hello hello hello whats your name hello hello do my milk!"

Same mental age as each other so not sure why you are struggling to understand her

over a year ago

her mental age is actually 2 so i am 2 years ahead of her lol

over a year ago

"her mental age is actually 2 so i am 2 years ahead of her lol"

Thats your opinion pmsfl

over a year ago

shut it bonk lol

over a year ago

"shut it bonk lol"

Shutting it now miss

over a year ago

i would have a wee word with the teacher/head whatever there needs to be some supervision in a nursery and due to cirricullum her time shouldnt be spent playing in the toilet!!

over a year ago

"she is 4 and our convos tend to go like this....

hello hello, yes hello hello hello hello whats your name hello hello do my milk!"

Wow, your speech has really progressed in the last few months, how's your daughter's speech coming along though?

over a year ago

just point out a child can drown in 2 inches of water .... a sink holds more than that .... if they know theres a problem with her getting wet, she should be supervised when going to the loo.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"ok i have decided.

lol"

lmao you always manage to make me laugh that loud that hubby now says "Kitty? " when I laugh that much.

Right here goes my twopenneth, go in and speak to the teacher ( without the bucket) and tell her your concerns...if she is soaking herself that much every day then surely they should be watching her more.

over a year ago

i am dropping her off in a min, i will enter with out the bucket. explain my issues and will update after i have picked her up, if u dont hear from me u know i have picked her up she is soaking wet and i have been arressted for assult

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"i am dropping her off in a min, i will enter with out the bucket. explain my issues and will update after i have picked her up, if u dont hear from me u know i have picked her up she is soaking wet and i have been arressted for assult"

lmao we will have a whip round for your bail.

over a year ago

"i am dropping her off in a min, i will enter with out the bucket. explain my issues and will update after i have picked her up, if u dont hear from me u know i have picked her up she is soaking wet and i have been arressted for assult

lmao we will have a whip round for your bail."

Feck that, jail is the best place for her

over a year ago

***Awaits with bated breath for Kitty to return with news from the front***

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"

lmao we will have a whip round for your bail.

Feck that, jail is the best place for her "

Oooh, it'd be just like Bad Girls, except with more bleeping.

What happens to subtitles when words are bleeped?

over a year ago

Can't you just ask for a chat with the teacher or head and mention it, all nice at first of course.

School is not like FAB

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/11/09 13:08:09]

over a year ago

blimey only 4, wait till she is 13teen with an attitude! with boys knowking on the door, you will settle for her just being soaked then.

seriously what a great age, wish mine was that instead of 22 n 24.

I would suggest you have a quite word with the teacher to see why she is getting so much opportunity to go to WC.

There could be an underlying problem, like bullying. Does she do this at home??

Or simply finds it all fun, hope its the latter

And you could always approach head of PPA if they have one, they will broach the subject with the teachers/Head od school.

wish you well

Phillx

over a year ago

Christ....

This post has gone from 'they abandon her in the toilet' TO 'she is getting bullied.'

Does anyone find out what's is going on first ?

Do parents have responsibility for their children ?

Could be a great school.

Hope everything is okay for her. Hope she doesn't get language lessons from you xxx

over a year ago

kitty asked and everyone got their own opinion! in my experience put kids near water and left to thier own devices they will skiddle ( scottish for play with water) its technical name is creative play and is part of learning process!! or she could just like playin with water! or tryin to wash her wee hands ! oh and when they are at school/playgroup nursery their safety is staffs responsibilty !

over a year ago

"kitty asked and everyone got their own opinion! in my experience put kids near water and left to thier own devices they will skiddle ( scottish for play with water) its technical name is creative play and is part of learning process!! or she could just like playin with water! or tryin to wash her wee hands ! oh and when they are at school/playgroup nursery their safety is staffs responsibilty ! "

Agree with everything you say. I'm still all for finding out the facts first. x

over a year ago

hey im 32 and still get splashed when i wash my hands lol xx

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Me too...covers up for if I have shaken too violently...

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

im 48 and still get splashed

over a year ago

"kitty asked and everyone got their own opinion! in my experience put kids near water and left to thier own devices they will skiddle ( scottish for play with water) its technical name is creative play and is part of learning process!! or she could just like playin with water! or tryin to wash her wee hands ! oh and when they are at school/playgroup nursery their safety is staffs responsibilty !

Agree with everything you say. I'm still all for finding out the facts first. x"

the facts are from what the school told me is everyday she decides to go and play with the taps in the bath room.

she never plays with the taps at home and she is not allowed in the bathroom unsupervised.

while she is at school they need to be keeping an eye on her. simple really

over a year ago

i did student placement in nursery and we had one wee one that did that solution was she went to toilet she put egg timer up and if she didnt come back out when it ran out someone went in to see what she was up to!! xx

over a year ago

"her mental age is actually 2 so i am 2 years ahead of her lol"

Thought you'd be all fluffy today... after your fun night lol.. xx

over a year ago

"kitty asked and everyone got their own opinion! in my experience put kids near water and left to thier own devices they will skiddle ( scottish for play with water) its technical name is creative play and is part of learning process!! or she could just like playin with water! or tryin to wash her wee hands ! oh and when they are at school/playgroup nursery their safety is staffs responsibilty !

Agree with everything you say. I'm still all for finding out the facts first. x

the facts are from what the school told me is everyday she decides to go and play with the taps in the bath room.

she never plays with the taps at home and she is not allowed in the bathroom unsupervised.

while she is at school they need to be keeping an eye on her. simple really"

Thanks Pussycat xxx

Have they told you they will prevent it again ?

over a year ago

they told me they would keep her in a apron all day, i said no, how about keeping an eye on her!

over a year ago

just sounds like she can get away with it in school because She knows its a no no at home bless her.

conclusion

buy her set of taps for xmas to play with.

Phillx

Post new Message to Thread