Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Listening Project

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

On BBC Radio 4 there are a number of short pieces of recorded conversations with ordinary folk talking about life. One recent offering was a mum and her 12 year old daughter talking about the domestic violence they had suffered at the hands of the husband and father. The mother recoiled the time when they were in a B&B fearing for their safety they did not go out side for 2 weeks living on small packets of breakfast cereal. The mother said at that time the daughter was strong and was acting as "Mummy" she finished by saying to her daughter "you do know that I love you?" to which the 12 year old said in a childish way "of course I know that silly" Unscripted and true words of love. I cried.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"On BBC Radio 4 there are a number of short pieces of recorded conversations with ordinary folk talking about life. One recent offering was a mum and her 12 year old daughter talking about the domestic violence they had suffered at the hands of the husband and father. The mother recoiled the time when they were in a B&B fearing for their safety they did not go out side for 2 weeks living on small packets of breakfast cereal. The mother said at that time the daughter was strong and was acting as "Mummy" she finished by saying to her daughter "you do know that I love you?" to which the 12 year old said in a childish way "of course I know that silly" Unscripted and true words of love. I cried."

I teared up just reading that I must listen to that

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

It shows that all too often young people and children have to take on the adult or even carer parental role. It happens so much more around us than we realise.

Nice heartwarming stuff!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"On BBC Radio 4 there are a number of short pieces of recorded conversations with ordinary folk talking about life. One recent offering was a mum and her 12 year old daughter talking about the domestic violence they had suffered at the hands of the husband and father. The mother recoiled the time when they were in a B&B fearing for their safety they did not go out side for 2 weeks living on small packets of breakfast cereal. The mother said at that time the daughter was strong and was acting as "Mummy" she finished by saying to her daughter "you do know that I love you?" to which the 12 year old said in a childish way "of course I know that silly" Unscripted and true words of love. I cried.

I teared up just reading that I must listen to that "

They are just 5 minute snippets dot around the Radio 4 day!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I never listen to Radio 4, think I will now.

over a year ago

radio 4 is amazing. it's what i'd take to a desert island! x

over a year ago

radio 4 is amazing. it's what i'd take to a desert island! x

Post new Message to Thread