Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Manflu

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Woke up this morning with the telltale aches, pains, lethargy and streaming nose. This would suggest day one of a manflu that will wreck my plan to get laid tomorrow. It's probably due to me being soaked a couple of times on my cycle in to work this week.

Now I expect there will be women carping on like "get on with it you wuss, I ran a marathon when I had the flu and then gave birth at the finish line!"

So my questions to the forum are these:

Do men do the sensible thing and tend to let illness take its course while they lounge around for a few days, then go back to work fully refreshed and disease free?

And do women (very) vocally suffer on, martyr style so that at every opportunity they can say "when I was ill you didn't see me lounging around did you? It's only manflu, you don't suffer like us."

And has manflu become such a stigma that a man can't be even slightly ill now without being accused of it. Broken leg, manflu. No head, manflu.

"No head? You don't see women lounging round with no head do you? Now get up and make your own damn chicken soup!"

Here endeth todays generalization, feel free to discuss. There was a sensible question in there somewhere.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am currently dying of man flu but am still going to work, doing the washing , cleaning, cooking etc, my other half had it last week and ended up taking time off work. I have to say he has been a lot more sympathetic with me than I was with him, he even cooked tea on weds , well he put pizza in the oven ! I think men make more fuss about being ill but women are far less tolerant with men especially when they are ill.

over a year ago

But in going to work are you not spreading the disease around the place? Would it not be better to stay home and

gurgle on the sofa?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have had woman flu this week and stayed at home. When our children were small and Mr would be at work in the day I had no choice but to get on with it during the day because small children don't look after themselves very well. Now though if I'm ill I rest until I'm better, luckily it's rare.

I think that some people can't let go of their perceived responsibilities or maybe think that no one else is capable of doing what they do so carry on when they'd be better off just taking a day or two to recover.

over a year ago

Stay at home don't pass the bugs round!!!

Seriously, flu can make people very very ill. Don't listen to crap about man flu if you're not well then you're not well. Stay home dose up and get better.

ps Can you tell I'm a Dom??? lol

over a year ago

Awww get well soon!! Women are martyrs and struggle on in between moaning. Blokes just lie on the couch quietly.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"I am currently dying of man flu but am still going to work, doing the washing , cleaning, cooking etc, my other half had it last week and ended up taking time off work. I have to say he has been a lot more sympathetic with me than I was with him, he even cooked tea on weds , well he put pizza in the oven ! I think men make more fuss about being ill but women are far less tolerant with men especially when they are ill. "

You cant possibly have manflu merely a bad cold ...its well known its a man thing women dont get it they just want to get it just like they wanted everything else like the vote and equality...will now be going into hiding for the forseeable future

over a year ago

I have a lovely job that doesn't pay sick pay so I've not had a day off sick in eight years , no matter how bad I crawl in and clock on , happy days.

Wrap up warm and dose up on paracetamol an hope your meets already got a cold , life is for living have fun

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I have a lovely job that doesn't pay sick pay so I've not had a day off sick in eight years , no matter how bad I crawl in and clock on , happy days.

Wrap up warm and dose up on paracetamol an hope your meets already got a cold , life is for living have fun "

That's a pain isn't it, my daughter doesn't get sick pay either. Wouldn't personally welcome a meet with someone who had a cold though.

over a year ago

Oh I've come into work today. Just drove rather than cycled. I have rather a physical job which I really couldn't do today, so instead i'm snivelling in front of the computer doing admin. I fully intend to knock off at lunchtime and go see how my sofa is doing for the weekend though. If it was midweek I probably would have taken a day or two off, but I can soldier through a Friday half day and recover on the weekend.

I know what you mean about some people thinking they are indispensable and going in anyway. And of course there's the self employed. But I think there's something wrong with the world if you feel like rolled crap yet still feel you must work no matter what.

over a year ago

I must point oh that I mainly work alone so am infecting no-one else!

over a year ago

"I am currently dying of man flu but am still going to work, doing the washing , cleaning, cooking etc, my other half had it last week and ended up taking time off work. I have to say he has been a lot more sympathetic with me than I was with him, he even cooked tea on weds , well he put pizza in the oven ! I think men make more fuss about being ill but women are far less tolerant with men especially when they are ill.

You cant possibly have manflu merely a bad cold ...its well known its a man thing women dont get it they just want to get it just like they wanted everything else like the vote and equality...will now be going into hiding for the forseeable future "

Hmmmm yes hiding may be a good plan !!!!! I stayed in the office to minimize the risk of spreading infection, wouldn't want all the men off next week on their death beds cos they sneezed !!!

Post new Message to Thread