Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Plastic Supporters

Jump to newest

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

No.... not a thread for lovers of synthetic goods. Myself...born in Brighton...I support Brighton & Hove Albion. My Ma from Pittsburgh so....Pittsburgh Steelers in NFL. Just love to hear why people support their club.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Huddersfield fan as that's where I live and go for a dozen or so matches a year when time allows.

Why? because they are local and because I am not a glory hunter. I watch other teams but my loyalty lies with the Terriers.

Me thinks the man united fans are franticly dreaming up reasons why they support a club 100 miles plus away.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

One of my friends as a young bot closed his eyes and stuck a pin into a page full of football clubs to find the one he was going to support,none of his family were into football and there was'nt a local team that he could support

Hes remained loyal to that team to this day,even though its not local to him,is he a plastic supporter?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

*young boy* not bot

over a year ago

"

Hes remained loyal to that team to this day,even though its not local to him,is he a plastic supporter?"

The level of plasticity would be assessed on if the tail was true, if he randomly picked one of 92 clubs and it it didn't turn out to be one of the top 3.

The real test is is the club local enough to be able to go and watch live as the definition originally of supporter was someone who went along to the matches to support them.

The pin thing well if you are going to pick a random club the obvious one is to support your local one.

over a year ago

I support the bluebirds cardiff city fc and go to matches about once a month. When i first started goin age 12 we were in the bottom league - but now we one of the biggest sides in the championship and have been in 2 cup finals in 5 years. Everyone, do the ayatolla!

over a year ago

"I support the bluebirds cardiff city fc and go to matches about once a month. When i first started goin age 12 we were in the bottom league - but now we one of the biggest sides in the championship and have been in 2 cup finals in 5 years. Everyone, do the ayatolla!"

Now that in my book is a true supporter who sticks with their team thick and thin.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

im not a supporter i live in Leeds ..enough said

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Huddersfield fan as that's where I live and go for a dozen or so matches a year when time allows.

Why? because they are local and because I am not a glory hunter. I watch other teams but my loyalty lies with the Terriers.

Me thinks the man united fans are franticly dreaming up reasons why they support a club 100 miles plus away. "

A rare breed and well done. Thanks for the three points Saturday btw. What do you call your stadium? I still think of it as the McAlpine. The Amex at Brighton I feel will always be known as such no matter who sponsors.

over a year ago

"Huddersfield fan as that's where I live and go for a dozen or so matches a year when time allows.

Me thinks the man united fans are franticly dreaming up reasons why they support a club 100 miles plus away. A rare breed and well done. Thanks for the three points Saturday btw. What do you call your stadium? I still think of it as the McAlpine. The Amex at Brighton I feel will always be known as such no matter who sponsors. "

Its the galpharm now and as they go its not a bad one. and you were lucky to get 3 points

over a year ago

Man utd born near there local club

Mufc forever

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"I support the bluebirds cardiff city fc and go to matches about once a month. When i first started goin age 12 we were in the bottom league - but now we one of the biggest sides in the championship and have been in 2 cup finals in 5 years. Everyone, do the ayatolla!"
About time you were in the Prem after the recent playoffs...and you have Craig Noone.

over a year ago

"Man utd born near there local club

Mufc forever"

Whats wrong with Stockport County?

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"One of my friends as a young bot closed his eyes and stuck a pin into a page full of football clubs to find the one he was going to support,none of his family were into football and there was'nt a local team that he could support

Hes remained loyal to that team to this day,even though its not local to him,is he a plastic supporter?"

Not at all. I think that's a great story. Fortunately I didn't need the 'pin option'

over a year ago

I (Mr A) am a long term supports of the New England Patriot in NFL. I was about 6 when our neighbours at the time (an American couple) invited us all over for their annual superbowl party.

And since then, I've been hooked.

over a year ago

"One of my friends as a young bot closed his eyes and stuck a pin into a page full of football clubs to find the one he was going to support,none of his family were into football and there was'nt a local team that he could support

there was no local team at all? No lower league? Didn't think that was possible. Me? I'm a blade. Where I'm from I guess there's 4 options, pigs (Wednesday) Rotherham or the blades.

My family are all united mad so I never had a choice lol, damn their eyes haha x

By *nfieldishCouple
over a year ago

Enfield

Born in a house in white hart lane.......lived there and roundabouts for 40 years.....wife still works at THFC.....

How could,I support any other team but the mighty Tottenham hotspurs....

Sooze supports Newcastle..(as a Durham lass should)...

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Its the galpharm now and as they go its not a bad one. and you were lucky to get 3 points "
We ripped you apart first half...0-4 would not have been unflattering. Second half different story. Galpharm.....think not. Is it not John Smiths?

over a year ago

"im not a supporter i live in Leeds ..enough said"

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"I (Mr A) am a long term supports of the New England Patriot in NFL. I was about 6 when our neighbours at the time (an American couple) invited us all over for their annual superbowl party.

And since then, I've been hooked."

That's a nice story. As a six year old you must have been impressed. I got into US football in the 80's and played as a linebacker.

over a year ago

"Its the galpharm now and as they go its not a bad one. and you were lucky to get 3 points We ripped you apart first half...0-4 would not have been unflattering. Second half different story. Galpharm.....think not. Is it not John Smiths? "

It changed on Aug 1st supposedly but dont try finding it as its still Galpharm Stadium on all the signposts. Far easier for people trying to find it as that right now and not confuse them. All the fun of sponsorship lol but a real pain for people trying to find it by asking sat nav or road signs.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Hes remained loyal to that team to this day,even though its not local to him,is he a plastic supporter?

there was no local team at all? No lower league? Didn't think that was possible. Me? I'm a blade. Where I'm from I guess there's 4 options, pigs (Wednesday) Rotherham or the blades.

My family are all united mad so I never had a choice lol, damn their eyes haha x"

Bromley? or Crystal Palace,ive known him since we were 5 and I don't really think he thought much about the plastic supporter thing as a young boy sticking a pin into a piece of paper and ending up with Aston Villa

over a year ago

born and raised in sunderland,moved to bolton.. mackem and proud to be one

over a year ago

Born in Roehampton Surrey. Brought up in Wandsworth and Tooting. Lived in Bristol, Bath, Paris, Cornwall and Devon.

I support Man Uld as I am a glory hunter who knows shit about football and likes prawns sandwiches

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Born in Roehampton Surrey. Brought up in Wandsworth and Tooting. Lived in Bristol, Bath, Paris, Cornwall and Devon.

I support Man Uld as I am a glory hunter who knows shit about football and likes prawns sandwiches "

Could have sworn you were recently a Chelski fan. Oh how fickle some fans can be lol

over a year ago

I thought the whole show was amazing! Used to stay up til 2am most sunday nights to watch it when it was on channel 4 lol!

Also played when in Uni, I was the shortarse quarterback who could throw accurately about 30 - 40 yards. Can fondly remember a team we were playing taking the piss out of my height, and then looking gobsmacked as I threw an 80 yard "long bomb" to their 2 yard line and our waiting wide reciever....

Aaaaahhh.... memories.

over a year ago

"Born in Roehampton Surrey. Brought up in Wandsworth and Tooting. Lived in Bristol, Bath, Paris, Cornwall and Devon.

I support Man Uld as I am a glory hunter who knows shit about football and likes prawns sandwiches Could have sworn you were recently a Chelski fan. Oh how fickle some fans can be lol "

Bugger... caught out. I am Chelsea as its the local team to where I grew up. In all fairness, Chelsea was my second team after Wimbledon, but when they went to MK, they lost my support

over a year ago

Born in sunderland raised in county durham have always supported sunderland (most local team) and proud to be a mackem been a season ticket holder since roker park days and followed the lads to many an away game including the old wembly.

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"I thought the whole show was amazing! Used to stay up til 2am most sunday nights to watch it when it was on channel 4 lol!

Also played when in Uni, I was the shortarse quarterback who could throw accurately about 30 - 40 yards. Can fondly remember a team we were playing taking the piss out of my height, and then looking gobsmacked as I threw an 80 yard "long bomb" to their 2 yard line and our waiting wide reciever....

Aaaaahhh.... memories."

Touchdown!!!! Brilliant game but trying to explain it to those who said we were all soft. I was a 240lb middle lb but needed a lot of padding as was usually double teamed and sometime trebled. Expect you took some hits?

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

[Removed by poster at 22/11/12 00:40:14]

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

I support Man Uld as I am a glory hunter who knows shit about football and likes prawns sandwiches Could have sworn you were recently a Chelski fan. Oh how fickle some fans can be lol

Bugger... caught out. I am Chelsea as its the local team to where I grew up. In all fairness, Chelsea was my second team after Wimbledon, but when they went to MK, they lost my support"

Went to Plough Lane in 1986. Glad AFC are still there. Will you go to MK?

over a year ago

When you are 5 years old and you pick the same team to support as your 6 year old brother (who you fight cat & dog with) and he threatens to beat you up unless you choose someone else, well, you learn to choose someone else.

The teams in question: him, Spurs. Me, I chose United. Seems I got the better out of the deal.

over a year ago

p.s. I was born in Chelsea.

p.p.s. I am also a fan of wherever I am living at the time. I grew up in Luton so they got my support when I wanted to see a big club visiting the Town.

Now, I go to St James' park whenever Man Utd are in town, or to the pub to watch the Toon play (up here they don't even turn the TV on if Newcastle or Sunderland aren't playing)

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I thought this would be about some new plastic gadget to hold your phone up or something.

I have read it and understand it's about football but which team is Plastic?

over a year ago

My family are all united mad so I never had a choice lol, damn their eyes haha x

Bromley? or Crystal Palace,ive known him since we were 5 and I don't really think he thought much about the plastic supporter thing as a young boy sticking a pin into a piece of paper and ending up with Aston Villa "

Haha well it coulda been worse, coulda stuck it in Walsall

By *parrow77Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Well I was brought up an everton fan till I turned 14 then I decided why follow a team cos your dad did etc, so that point I chose Chelsea the days before he money an when we had wise an rude an Zola etc....

Now I love Chelsea except some of the dumb owner decisions but go regular watch everton with my dad just for the live atmosphere.

As for NFl I've always been a Chicago bears fan since the days watchin the fridge

over a year ago

From Manchester and support man Utd

over a year ago

"I thought this would be about some new plastic gadget to hold your phone up or something.

I have read it and understand it's about football but which team is Plastic?"

Celtic. Or at least their fans are. Plastic Paddies.

over a year ago

"I thought this would be about some new plastic gadget to hold your phone up or something.

Celtic. Or at least their fans are. Plastic Paddies. "

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

Gordon Ottershaw..Barnstoneworth United...now he was a proper fan!

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Have supported Liverpool since watching them lose 1971 fa cup final born and have allways lived in devon .

Also been to support Plymouth Argyle and Torquay United over the years when i havent been playing rugby but not with the passion that liverpool bring out in me YNWA

over a year ago

"p.s. I was born in Chelsea.

p.p.s. I am also a fan of wherever I am living at the time. I grew up in Luton so they got my support when I wanted to see a big club visiting the Town.

Now, I go to St James' park whenever Man Utd are in town, or to the pub to watch the Toon play (up here they don't even turn the TV on if Newcastle or Sunderland aren't playing)"

not true at all the pubs around the north east have all the matches on just the same as anywhere else and people go the pub to watch them or watch at home.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

I have read it and understand it's about football but which team is Plastic?"

The Plastics are Chelsea and have been known as such by Liverpool fans since Abramovich tried to recreat an Anfield European Night by giving all the home support plastic flags to wave. Still couldn't hear them and they still got beat in the 2005 & 2007 Euro Semi Finals by the magnificent Liverpool masterminded by the fantastic Rafa Benetiz. Following last night's events I now find myself hoping that Rafa wins the league though I doubt very much that The Plastics will ever recognise what a great manager they have just got.

I for my part was born and bred on Merseyside and started going to watch Liverpool form The Kop with my Dad from the last game of the 1970/71 season and have been going ever since, including many trips to away grounds for both large and small matches, a snowy night in Southend for example in Round 3 of the FA Cup via the old Football Special.

For the first 20 years, Liverpool always won, and while the last 20 years haven't been as successful, Liverpool still regularly deliver trophies. Onwards and upwards with Brenden Rodgers now as I think Liverpool may well surprise a few people yet this season

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

Now, I go to St James' park whenever Man Utd are in town, or to the pub to watch the Toon play (up here they don't even turn the TV on if Newcastle or Sunderland aren't playing)

not true at all the pubs around the north east have all the matches on just the same as anywhere else and people go the pub to watch them or watch at home. "

I agree Mackam, the folks of the North East are as nuts about football as anywhere else in the country. The most amusing thing about football in the North East though is because Sunderland, Newcastle and Middlesborough are 1 team cities, but think of games against each other as derbies, the banter and vitriol against each other is amazing. Obviously there's some bad in that, but a few years ago I was in Newcastle when Big Sam was their manager. After the game, Liverpool had won easily, we went into a pub in Newcastle wearing our Liverpool shirts and enjoyed the banter. The local DJ though had us in tears as he played 3 pretty crude videos on the big screen to a song that covered the 3 North East clubs. The humour was cruel and wicked and not something that could be done in a pub in Liverpool about either LFC or EFC. Definately a memorable time, though I've enjoyed my trips to Sunderland too, queueing up after the game for the park and ride bus.

over a year ago

when is the superbowl on next

By *umsuckMan
over a year ago

Gateshead

"born and raised in sunderland,moved to bolton.. mackem and proud to be one "

Try being a Mackem living in gateshead! Born and bred Sunderland and Sunderland till I die.

over a year ago

I was born in Scotland live in London and always supported Liverpool I would never change my team

over a year ago

The Plastics are Chelsea and have been known as such by Liverpool fans since Abramovich tried to recreat an Anfield European Night by giving all the home support plastic flags to wave. Still couldn't hear them and they still got beat in the 2005 & 2007 Euro Semi Finals by the magnificent Liverpool masterminded by the fantastic Rafa Benetiz. Following last night's events I now find myself hoping that Rafa wins the league though I doubt very much that The Plastics will ever recognise what a great manager they have just got.

I for my part was born and bred on Merseyside and started going to watch Liverpool form The Kop with my Dad from the last game of the 1970/71 season and have been going ever since, including many trips to away grounds for both large and small matches, a snowy night in Southend for example in Round 3 of the FA Cup via the old Football Special.

For the first 20 years, Liverpool always won, and while the last 20 years haven't been as successful, Liverpool still regularly deliver trophies. Onwards and upwards with Brenden Rodgers now as I think Liverpool may well surprise a few people yet this season"

YAWN. You have not won the league in 20 years and won't for the next 10. Stick to you memories and leave the trophies to the big clubs.

You are more than welcome to have The Fat Waiter back, we don't want the cunt at Chelsea

over a year ago

Like the majority of Mancunians, I support Man Utd.

Now that I live in Yorkshire, I also occasionally go see Huddersfield Town with some mates who support them, but would never class myself as a Town fan.

Like most true football fans, there is only ever room in my heart for one team.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Reading the messages it all sounds a bit "I've had the same broom for 30 years". You know, it's had a new handle and the brush has been replaced several times but it's the same broom.

over a year ago

not true at all the pubs around the north east have all the matches on just the same as anywhere else and people go the pub to watch them or watch at home. "

There are three pubs within walking distance of our house and all three have Sky Sports. All three show the matches, regardless of who is playing which is as you say, but in all three pubs if it isn't Newcastle or Sunderland playing the volume is usually turned down, the jukebox turned up and nobody gives a toss about the game on the TV. That's what happens in my local/s.

over a year ago

"Have supported Liverpool since watching them lose 1971 fa cup final born and have allways lived in devon .

Also been to support Plymouth Argyle and Torquay United over the years when i havent been playing rugby but not with the passion that liverpool bring out in me YNWA "

Definition of plastic anyone?

over a year ago

"Reading the messages it all sounds a bit "I've had the same broom for 30 years". You know, it's had a new handle and the brush has been replaced several times but it's the same broom."

Trigger happy supporters eh?

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

"im not a supporter i live in Leeds ..enough said"
man utd all

my life ;but have a thing for leeds

dont know why.

maybe cos im a yorkshire lad

ps loved man u when they were crap

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Born and bred Liverpool, dad was a red and took me to the games when I was younger. Hence, I am also Liverpool.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Hearts was our closest team. Got taken to my first game aged 6 and still going 36 years later.

over a year ago

"im not a supporter i live in Leeds ..enough saidman utd all

my life ;but have a thing for leeds

dont know why.

maybe cos im a yorkshire lad

ps loved man u when they were crap"

Plastic as they come and always that disclaimer "I supported them when they were crap" as if man united have ever not been a glory team since the 1950's!

And local clubs are starting to die

over a year ago

"I support the bluebirds cardiff city fc and go to matches about once a month. About time you were in the Prem after the recent playoffs...and you have Craig Noone."

thanx yes we keep nearly doing it, who knows this season we hav real depth now and noone is totally sick on the wing luv him!, i really want to get in prem and hav derbies with swansea again

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/11/12 16:45:35]

over a year ago

"I support the bluebirds cardiff city fc and go to matches about once a month. When i first started goin age 12 we were in the bottom league - but now we one of the biggest sides in the championship and have been in 2 cup finals in 5 years. Everyone, do the ayatolla! About time you were in the Prem after the recent playoffs...and you have Craig Noone."

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

life long supporter of Oldham Athletic since 1972 trhrough lots and lots of thin and a tiny bit of thick

could of took the esay optoin and followed the heard to manure or citeah but didnt and you know what i love it wouldnt change it for the world .

all those wet january nights at scunthorpe and tranmere are made all the better when we go to one of the so called big boys and turn em over .

oh and a definition of plastic all those wigan fans who have come from nowhere to support the plastic latics

over a year ago

Our local club...Aldershot town fc...hubby has been watching them since he was a kid..i have been going with him for the last ten years.

over a year ago

"

ps loved man u when they were crap"

I've supported United (as an LMTB holder) since I was a nipper in the early 80s.

They may not have been the best team in England back then, and never used to win the league but, to be fair, they were never "crap" and, a bit like the scousers now, we still picked up silverware on a regular basis.

Must admit, I grew up thinking I'd never see United win the league in my lifetime (like most Liverpool fans now), so the past 20 years or so have been unbelievable if I'm honest.

I can remember when everyone I knew used to call Liverpool fans "glory hunters".

Much as I hate the scouse, 99% of the time, it was simply jealousy made people say it, just as it is now with United.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so if I was born in atlanta and then lived in new york when i was a kid... who should i support??? lol

I went with my long island roots.... so Jets in the NFL, Islanders in the NHL....

I know... it is called a tortured life...

and then coming to live in romford... all the kids were either west ham or spurs fans... so I ended up being different and supporting Arsenal.....

most of my english reles were spurs or chelsea fans....

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I support England.

over a year ago

Sport! Supporters Suck-Cess Now we are talking

over a year ago

"I support England."
. Certainly not a glory ite then lol

over a year ago

Man city fan for 20 odd years and from machester.

over a year ago

Mufc born in Gorton got some bloody stick as i was probally one of a few utd fans as all are city, all my family city, was a season ticket holder, now live in blackpool and been a season ticker holder their, though i love football done the euro,s world cups fa cups champs league, scots cup, been to watch bolton, everton, fleetwood celtic, sheffield if my mates are going to a game and theres a ticket im off lol but red till i die

over a year ago

"Man city fan for 20 odd years and from machester."

Eh? Really...

over a year ago

newcastle season ticket holder and go to watch celtic whenever i can,newcastle because im a masochist,and celtic because my grandad lived near and used to take me

over a year ago

Me and the hubby are both Preston north end fans, born and bred in Preston, we have supported them in the dark days of the bottom division to the heady heights of play off finals, we are now in a transition period with a brand new squad and a manager that doesn't get any credit he deserves.

over a year ago

a true travelling blue - headhunters!

Post new Message to Thread