Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Instant gratification ... or not?

Jump to newest

By *mm_n_Zed OP   Couple
over a year ago

Fareham

I'm the sort of person who, when I see something I want, I want it NOW. The longer I go without it, the more it chips away at me and the more I want it.

I'm not talking sex here but anything ... the latest brand of make-up, those shoes in the sale, that handbag ...

At the moment it's a car I've seen and I really, really, really want it. I've convinced myself that if I don't get it then there will be nothing like that particular model for sale ever again.

So are you an instant gratification kind of a person? Or are you cool and controlled and can easily wait?

PS - I REALLY want that car!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I used to be, however, I got my fingers burnt financially, hence I am learning to budget and save up etc., instead of relying on credits.

over a year ago

i can easily wait. except when my dog died i wanted another one straight away.

over a year ago

"I'm the sort of person who, when I see something I want, I want it NOW. The longer I go without it, the more it chips away at me and the more I want it.

I'm not talking sex here but anything ... the latest brand of make-up, those shoes in the sale, that handbag ...

At the moment it's a car I've seen and I really, really, really want it. I've convinced myself that if I don't get it then there will be nothing like that particular model for sale ever again.

So are you an instant gratification kind of a person? Or are you cool and controlled and can easily wait?

PS - I REALLY want that car!!"

I am in the unique position that if I want something I rob it!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I am the same. However, I will never buy anything on credit

By *he Original TTMan
over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

"I am the same. However, I will never buy anything on credit"

Even burgers???

over a year ago

I wanted the iPhone 5. When it arrived it sat on the table for a week before I even opened the box. I just think I want things and when I actually get it, I am not that bothered.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't really want much so I can usually wait. I did really REALLY want a kindle and waited about six months to get one for Christmas last year.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I wanted the iPhone 5. When it arrived it sat on the table for a week before I even opened the box. I just think I want things and when I actually get it, I am not that bothered."

If I met you I wouldn't say that....

However,OP.... How does it make you feel AFTER you have bought the item? Or is it the actual buying that you like?

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I am the same. However, I will never buy anything on credit

Even burgers??? "

Never let the burger kitty run dry. Hangable offence

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I don't really want much so I can usually wait. I did really REALLY want a kindle and waited about six months to get one for Christmas last year."

And did it light your fire?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't really want much so I can usually wait. I did really REALLY want a kindle and waited about six months to get one for Christmas last year.

And did it light your fire?"

It did and continues so to do, I would go so far as to say that apart from one or two items of a shall we say personal nature, it has given me the most pleasure of anything I own.

over a year ago

a few years ago i had an obsession with bearington bears and i bought 35 then i lost interst.

over a year ago

Who wants us lol x

over a year ago

Used to be the case that if I wanted it I got it, but illness and a spell of unemployment has taught me the difference between need and want.

I want a lot of things, but actually need very little

over a year ago

most of the time i have wanted to buy something, it felt good buying it only it didnt make me feel any better i just got bored with it, and thought why did i buy that.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Used to be the case that if I wanted it I got it, but illness and a spell of unemployment has taught me the difference between need and want.

I want a lot of things, but actually need very little "

Yes very true.

By *mm_n_Zed OP   Couple
over a year ago

Fareham

"I wanted the iPhone 5. When it arrived it sat on the table for a week before I even opened the box. I just think I want things and when I actually get it, I am not that bothered.

If I met you I wouldn't say that....

However,OP.... How does it make you feel AFTER you have bought the item? Or is it the actual buying that you like?"

Sometimes it's the spending that I like. I bought a Kindle and have hardly used it - I've also got 'the latest amazing foundation make-up' (lots of them) but tend to just use a tinted moisturiser. I have boots and tops I've never worn even though I wanted them desperately at the time.

The car, however, is slightly different as I've decided to be sensible and chop my 2 litre convertible in for a little eco car and have seen 'the' perfect one ... I'm talking myself into it again aren't I?

Post new Message to Thread