Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What would you do?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You are about to witness someone you know, an acquaintance, not one you would call a friend, who is about to make a big mistake in his/her life, what would you do?

Stand and watch the nuclear fallout, or take the plunge and give him/her your opinion, and risk being told you are a busy body?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"You are about to witness someone you know, an acquaintance, not one you would call a friend, who is about to make a big mistake in his/her life, what would you do?

Stand and watch the nuclear fallout, or take the plunge and give him/her your opinion, and risk being told you are a busy body?

"

As it is an acquaintance I'd grab a bowl of popcorn and a soda and enjoy the fireworks ... I quit trying to save the world....

over a year ago

Id leave them to it..thier choice ,thier descion and in their eyes not a nuclear fallout....

over a year ago

I'd walk away, they are adult enough to take responsibility for making their own decisions, and we all learn by the mistakes we make.

Unless my opinion was asked for.

over a year ago

Id take the risk, only good could potentially come from it. If that person tells you to stick your opinion, its not like you can fall out as your not friends

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

if they asked, I would be honest

if they didn't, I wouldn't say anything

over a year ago

Some people do not learn unless they make the mistakes themselves. As for what to do..... That's up to you.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"if they asked, I would be honest

if they didn't, I wouldn't say anything"

This!!

Unless it's about me, in that case tell me

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

Give em your opinion and reassure em youll be there for em no matter what

By *kin BohnerMan
over a year ago

derby

Try to talk to them in an easy going way but leave them to it after that. Don't get involved, it leads to bad fall out.

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

If you think it will genuinely ruin their life - go for it. There are too many unhappy people in this world. Trying to prevent one more can only be good, can't it?

over a year ago

It depends what it is. But tbh I tend to stat out of it unless asked for help.

By *enuineplayers plus 1Couple
over a year ago

newport

I would like to think if it was me you'd tell me. In reality most people would say nothing

over a year ago

Sorry to say, but stay out of it because if you offer some kind of well meaning intervention, then you could end up being an outcast or become embroiled in something you have no control over. It has happened to me.

over a year ago

"You are about to witness someone you know, an acquaintance, not one you would call a friend, who is about to make a big mistake in his/her life, what would you do?

"

People will make mistakes on their own and tend to take offence if you try and point things out to them. So as long as they are not breaking the law then leave them to it but if the fallout affects you and others in the aftermath then I wouldn't be offering a lot of sympathy.

over a year ago

If what they're wanting to do will affect a closer friend of mine I'd have to talk to them or warn my friend, possibly both.

Like a previous poster said, if they're not a friend you can't lose them as one so look at the big picture and do what's right. Reverse the roles if that helps put things into perspective

over a year ago

"

Someone close I would talk to but otherwise no - they would probs just see one as a stirrer.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"

put the situation on a forum and let the forumites vote

over a year ago

IMHO I'd warn them and If you save there ass then tell them they owe you one in the future

over a year ago

wait till it all goes bad for them,then give sympathy shags.

tell them in a nelson muntz manner "haaa haaa!"

orrrrrrrr just say, "well I was gonna tell u so!-next time tho i will"

over a year ago

An acquaintance - let 'em get on with it

A friend - I'd have to say something

over a year ago

"

As it's only an acquaintance, I would only offer my _iew if asked. Otherwise I'd join the other poster with his popcorn!

If it were a close friend, then a friendly cup of cocoa and a 'chat' may be more in order.....

over a year ago

qait until it all goes tits up and then say i knew that was going to happen but you wouldnt have listened any way -- my ex wife for example !!!

over a year ago

seems like i need to come round for cocoa pork LOL

Post new Message to Thread