Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

network down?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

good morning you fab lot...I think the rain washed away my network!? 02 is down where I am. Anyone else having the same problem?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

02 ok here in wiltshire

over a year ago

Tempting D was having problems last night, with her connection that is ....

over a year ago

Alright quick fix: get a ladder climb to the top of your building and hold up your phone high as you can.... It should be sorted....

Jay 2341

Customer care O2

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"good morning you fab lot...I think the rain washed away my network!? 02 is down where I am. Anyone else having the same problem?"

Mine went off for a couple of hours last night, its back working now.

over a year ago

"Alright quick fix: get a ladder climb to the top of your building and hold up your phone high as you can.... It should be sorted....

Jay 2341

Customer care O2"

Lol sounds about right. Am going to switch phone off and on again

over a year ago

"Alright quick fix: get a ladder climb to the top of your building and hold up your phone high as you can.... It should be sorted....

Jay 2341

Customer care O2

Lol sounds about right. Am going to switch phone off and on again "

That should work as well... Sometimes your sim needs to re-register on the network.... Often times the base stations terminate active connections to cope with a dip in system performance and do not automatically reconnect lost associations.... Did that last semester....

over a year ago

network is fine just up the road in Dartmouth

By *eminiman61Man
over a year ago

mansfield

I wish my woman went down as much as my network (3) lol

I hope your phone/sim or network resume service asap

over a year ago

"I wish my woman went down as much as my network (3) lol

I hope your phone/sim or network resume service asap "

3 are experiencing major mast problems in my area, I cannot get a network indoors anymore, its so bad that 3 have compensated us nearly £80 as they are expecting it to take a while to be fixed - this has been ongoing since 5th Nov when they did an upgrade for 4g - check with 3 whether there is a similar problem in your area and get compensation if there is

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Tell me techy Jay: what do I do if I keep getting "O2.ie is experiencing difficulties" again when I try to connect my dongle?

Even though other O2.ie users are connected fine?

I'm away with the leprechauns and apart from needing to do some work I get major withdrawal if I don't get my fab fix! And this is the most awkward phone to use.

over a year ago

It's ok in Launceston.

over a year ago

"Tell me techy Jay: what do I do if I keep getting "O2.ie is experiencing difficulties" again when I try to connect my dongle?

Even though other O2.ie users are connected fine?

I'm away with the leprechauns and apart from needing to do some work I get major withdrawal if I don't get my fab fix! And this is the most awkward phone to use."

If you try to reconnect several times without success it maybe one of the previously stated challenges:

1) a slight dip in system performance caused dropped connections and it hasn't improve significantly enough to accept new connections or reconnect old ones.

2) due to upgrade from 3G to 4Gas stated by another poster, coverage in your area might be limited. This is because upgrades require software (and sometimes hardware) changes at the base stations and/or switching centres. If disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't solve your problem(in case of first challenge) and changing position to get reception from another base station(in case of scenario 2) give O2 a ring and see what the problem might be....

Other solution is to throw away your O2 dongle and get a broadband connection...

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I have broadband at home but travel a lot for work and not everywhere has wifi.

It was annoying last night but if it continues today it will be a problem.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I have broadband at home but travel a lot for work and not everywhere has wifi.

It was annoying last night but if it continues today it will be a problem."

Have you used it before in Ireland? Maybe its a settings problem?

over a year ago

"I have broadband at home but travel a lot for work and not everywhere has wifi.

It was annoying last night but if it continues today it will be a problem."

Oh Wow feel for you... But cellular data services are very unreliable.... You have to contend with blind spots, weather, congestion etc.... Hope you get it sorted... Will definitely want to get you your fab fix... And possibly a personal message from me... Only for tech support of course

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

It was annoying last night but if it continues today it will be a problem.

Have you used it before in Ireland? Maybe its a settings problem?"

I've used it frequently in Ireland. Last night my original concern was to check my balance but I couldn't even do that!

Guess I should get out of bed and try again

over a year ago

Network ok now I turned phone off and on thanks jay...you have so let yourself in for a million and one questions now.

over a year ago

"Network ok now I turned phone off and on thanks jay...you have so let yourself in for a million and one questions now."

Anytime.... Lol... Sadly I can't get a job that requires my skill set.... ... Till then it's free tech advice ... Glad I was off some help...

over a year ago

"Network ok now I turned phone off and on thanks jay...you have so let yourself in for a million and one questions now.

Anytime.... Lol... Sadly I can't get a job that requires my skill set.... ... Till then it's free tech advice ... Glad I was off some help... "

Post new Message to Thread