Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scary

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Woke up this morning at 04:00 as usual, got out of bed and looked out the window to check my car and watch the rain. and there he was, a man in a black coat with the hood up so I could not see his face looking up at our bedroom window from the other side of the street. It was just like a scary film. Should i report it? or am i over-reacting? im not frightened of him I just dont want to frighten my misses.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

buy a simple web cam.

then download vitamin D video (free program)

set it up on your computer and catch the tosser in the act.it records on to your hard drive so you can email or give a copy to the police on a memory stick and get him nicked!.

in the mean time report it as your clearly concerned.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

report him for wot ? ..having his hood up in the rain ??

over a year ago

You are over reacting if:-

1 He was walking his dog

2 He was walking to work

3 He was walking home from work

4 He gets up early every day and perhaps was walking to the local shop

5 He was walking to a family members house because they had an emergency

It could have been pure coincidence that he looked up at your house at the same time you opened your windows; maybe your light made him look over or he just felt someone watching him/senses detected a disturbance ie you opening your curtains, he made not be able to hear but his senses would as it would be very quiet at that time of the morning.

Yes you could be right to err on the side of caution but to report it to the police you might need to expand on a man with his hood up ie which way was he walking, did you watch him, a description etc etc

Your shout though on what you decide you want to do

over a year ago

Now here's something scary! I've just started a new job in a very old building I was in a stock room yesterday trying to find some paperwork, this stockroom has no lights just windows it was really dark yesterday because it didn't really get light, I was hunting through a box when a woman called my name, I looked around but no one was there, there was only three people in the building and on a different floor, when I checked with them they said they hadn't been up to where I was, but it happens a lot in that room!

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

i rekon its the yellow cookie monster messing with you !

over a year ago

I thought that free but it was no other Cookie Monster! Lol think I may need the ghost busters!!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Its the Grim Reaper!

over a year ago

He was stood there staring up at my bedroom window. In the shadows so to speak. He wasn't walking when I open the curtains and my light was off not on. I think I'll take the original recommendation and by CCTV.

over a year ago

Dragon, one thing! You say you didn't know whether to tell your mrs, well your a couple profile on here, and you've just posted it in the forum! Can your mrs not read???

over a year ago

"He was stood there staring up at my bedroom window. In the shadows so to speak. He wasn't walking when I open the curtains and my light was off not on. I think I'll take the original recommendation and by CCTV. "

He was standing there waiting for what only he knows. He sees the light come through a bredoom window and looks up. You see him and are transfixed as to what he's up to and why he's looking at you. He's transfixed as he sees a woman at a window and thinks he might get lucky if you start stripping.

It was a moment in time that both of you remember for different reasons and will probably never happen again because you didn't flash him.

Of course, the alternative is that he could have been casing your joint.

over a year ago

"He was stood there staring up at my bedroom window. In the shadows so to speak. He wasn't walking when I open the curtains and my light was off not on. I think I'll take the original recommendation and by CCTV.

He was standing there waiting for what only he knows. He sees the light come through a bredoom window and looks up. You see him and are transfixed as to what he's up to and why he's looking at you. He's transfixed as he sees a woman at a window and thinks he might get lucky if you start stripping.

It was a moment in time that both of you remember for different reasons and will probably never happen again because you didn't flash him.

Of course, the alternative is that he could have been casing your joint. "

Thanks Wishy,

That made me feel much better, apart from the last sentence lol

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Don't worry it was only Dick Barton

over a year ago

Did he have an axe in his hand ? only joking .. Would be concerned too

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Was there any scary music playing?

In particular creepy keyboard music by John Carpenter?

If not you are safe.

By *kin BohnerMan
over a year ago

derby

"Now here's something scary! I've just started a new job in a very old building I was in a stock room yesterday trying to find some paperwork, this stockroom has no lights just windows it was really dark yesterday because it didn't really get light, I was hunting through a box when a woman called my name, I looked around but no one was there, there was only three people in the building and on a different floor, when I checked with them they said they hadn't been up to where I was, but it happens a lot in that room! "

Dark stoke room with no lights! Obvious health and safety issue there, one slip trip or fall and it could lead to big problems for the company!

By *kin BohnerMan
over a year ago

derby

"Woke up this morning at 04:00 as usual, got out of bed and looked out the window to check my car and watch the rain. and there he was, a man in a black coat with the hood up so I could not see his face looking up at our bedroom window from the other side of the street. It was just like a scary film. Should i report it? or am i over-reacting? im not frightened of him I just dont want to frighten my misses."

He could of course just be waiting for his lift to work and saw your curtains flick open in the corner of his eye and happened to look up as your looked out.

over a year ago

"He was stood there staring up at my bedroom window. In the shadows so to speak. He wasn't walking when I open the curtains and my light was off not on. I think I'll take the original recommendation and by CCTV. "

Wasn't there a thread last week about how it's illegal to film the street etc? You'd be breaking the law a hell of a lot more than him if you did that!

over a year ago

"He was stood there staring up at my bedroom window. In the shadows so to speak. He wasn't walking when I open the curtains and my light was off not on. I think I'll take the original recommendation and by CCTV.

Wasn't there a thread last week about how it's illegal to film the street etc? You'd be breaking the law a hell of a lot more than him if you did that!"

i think this lady is right as i had a stalker and no not off fab before anyone worries but police said even if he got in my house the best thing i could do would be to leave it cause if i physically assult him i could be in trouble plus i couldn't flim him or take pictures of him standing there. but all is well police caught the sod to op i would inform police just so u covered incase he was 'casing the joint' x

over a year ago

Nice to know someone remembers Dick Barton and his sidekicks Jock and Snowy. I have never forgiven the BBC for taking it off air and replacing it with the awful Archers in 1955. I believe there are some DVDs available of films that were made of Dick Barton. I recall being left in suspense every evening at 7 o'clock wondering if Dick would get out of the fix he was in! They don't make programmes like that anymore!

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Woke up this morning at 04:00 as usual, got out of bed and looked out the window to check my car and watch the rain. and there he was, a man in a black coat with the hood up so I could not see his face looking up at our bedroom window from the other side of the street. It was just like a scary film. Should i report it? or am i over-reacting? im not frightened of him I just dont want to frighten my misses."

could it have been a monk on his way to the monastery for the early shift

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"i think this lady is right as i had a stalker and no not off fab before anyone worries but police said even if he got in my house the best thing i could do would be to leave it cause if i physically assult him i could be in trouble plus i couldn't flim him or take pictures of him standing there."

And THAT's why I love this country (NOT!).

So if he HAD done something and this had gone to court, wouldn't the defence have then turned around and said "We only have your word to go on, no evidence"? _ x

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

thought the laws had changed so you could use force now ?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im sorry i shouldnt laugh, but its cold and wet and most men wear dark coats. If it was dark and you switched the light on that would of gotten his attention so he was probley just nosing. Dont think there is anything sinister about it

Im always nosing in peoples windows when they have the light on and curtains open

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im sorry i shouldnt laugh, but its cold and wet and most men wear dark coats. If it was dark and you switched the light on that would of gotten his attention so he was probley just nosing. Dont think there is anything sinister about it

Im always nosing in peoples windows when they have the light on and curtains open

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"thought the laws had changed so you could use force now ?"

I'm not sure but the Judge who went in favour of the man who shot two burglars in his home was a breath of fresh air! x

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"thought the laws had changed so you could use force now ?

I'm not sure but the Judge who went in favour of the man who shot two burglars in his home was a breath of fresh air! x"

he gets my vote

waits for the first reply from someone saying that they shouldnt have shot them as its wrong

over a year ago

I dunno...I'd rather give the wife a quick fuck than watch the rain...

over a year ago

so.... I rang the police and told them some nutter was stood outside my house looking at my bedroom at 04:00 and the lady asked me why I didnt ring straight away. I told her I didnt wanna panic my missis. (I did feel a bit thick at this point) She said next time ring asap. I said next time I will be ringing the police. Apparently there has been lots of break-ins around here recently....

over a year ago

"Im sorry i shouldnt laugh, but its cold and wet and most men wear dark coats. If it was dark and you switched the light on that would of gotten his attention so he was probley just nosing. Dont think there is anything sinister about it

Im always nosing in peoples windows when they have the light on and curtains open"

The light wasnt on, he was just stood there.

over a year ago

"so.... I rang the police and told them some nutter was stood outside my house looking at my bedroom at 04:00 and the lady asked me why I didnt ring straight away. I told her I didnt wanna panic my missis. (I did feel a bit thick at this point) She said next time ring asap. I said next time I will be ringing the police. Apparently there has been lots of break-ins around here recently...."

well it'd be nice to be informed of the recent breakins(isnt that what police in the community are supposed to do?)...why assume uve been thick lol?

By *kin BohnerMan
over a year ago

derby

"i think this lady is right as i had a stalker and no not off fab before anyone worries but police said even if he got in my house the best thing i could do would be to leave it cause if i physically assult him i could be in trouble plus i couldn't flim him or take pictures of him standing there.

And THAT's why I love this country (NOT!).

So if he HAD done something and this had gone to court, wouldn't the defence have then turned around and said "We only have your word to go on, no evidence"? _ x

"

Incorrect I'm afraid. You have the right to protect yourself and your property provided you use 'appropriate force' or I think it may be 'proportional force', i.e. you cant beat the person repeatedly if they are laying on the floor defenceless. Also you cant 'defend' yourself if they are running away or leaving your premises!

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Even paranoiacs have enemies

And in reply to some of the responses above, it has always been legal to use reasonable force to defend yourself and others.

And OP, when you ring them at 4AM don't be surprised if they say they have noone to send. Just say "OK I'll shoot them then" and put the phone down. They'll find someone to send then, no bother.

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"so.... I rang the police and told them some nutter was stood outside my house looking at my bedroom at 04:00 and the lady asked me why I didnt ring straight away. I told her I didnt wanna panic my missis. (I did feel a bit thick at this point) She said next time ring asap. I said next time I will be ringing the police. Apparently there has been lots of break-ins around here recently...."

Well, THAT's reassuring.

At least you know now though they don't think you're being melodramatic, so any sign of danger/unease, give them a ring. Better to be safe than sorry. x

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Incorrect I'm afraid. You have the right to protect yourself and your property provided you use 'appropriate force' or I think it may be 'proportional force', i.e. you cant beat the person repeatedly if they are laying on the floor defenceless. Also you cant 'defend' yourself if they are running away or leaving your premises!"

Aha, good to know! x

over a year ago

When these incidents are reported they get an incident no and this helps the police build a picture of hot spots to watch.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"so.... I rang the police and told them some nutter was stood outside my house looking at my bedroom at 04:00 and the lady asked me why I didnt ring straight away. I told her I didnt wanna panic my missis. (I did feel a bit thick at this point) She said next time ring asap. I said next time I will be ringing the police. Apparently there has been lots of break-ins around here recently....

When these incidents are reported they get an incident no and this helps the police build a picture of hot spots to watch."

or to avoid if there scared

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"so.... I rang the police and told them some nutter was stood outside my house looking at my bedroom at 04:00 and the lady asked me why I didnt ring straight away. I told her I didnt wanna panic my missis. (I did feel a bit thick at this point) She said next time ring asap. I said next time I will be ringing the police. Apparently there has been lots of break-ins around here recently....

When these incidents are reported they get an incident no and this helps the police build a picture of hot spots to watch."

What's a hotspot?

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

hotspots are from strike it lucky quiz ?

over a year ago

Crime hot sports midear

over a year ago

"Crime hot sports midear "

He he ... Spots

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"What's a hotspot?"

Somewhere with a high number of crimes of the same nature, I believe? x

(i.e: a high number of muggings). x

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

Or a high street that is commonly targetted by pick-pockets....

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"What's a hotspot?

Somewhere with a high number of crimes of the same nature, I believe? x

(i.e: a high number of muggings). x"

Ohhhhh I thought it wasn't a good spot !

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

Or are we talking about Hot POTS, because I'm REALLY hungry right now. x

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Or are we talking about Hot POTS, because I'm REALLY hungry right now. x"

Bussy's got one