Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reality check

Jump to newest

By *aribbeanNic OP   Man
over a year ago

Harlow

After being on here for so only had a few nice messages mostly getting no where or im too far ive only been kind even in rejection. I feel like I just dont belong, cant help the way I look so should i stay or should i go???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Clubs are a single guys best friend

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple
over a year ago

Lincoln

I have some comments on your profile but you need to specifically ask for profile help or I risk getting put on the naughty step for unwanted advice... again

LvM

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Do you make effort to talk to people?

I know that sounds like a really stupid question, but think of it a different way.

People assume that because someone is online they want to talk, or make new connections. That's often not the case. They could have had a shitter of a day and literally killing time without needing to do thinking.

If you wanted a burger, would you look at a website about burgers or would you go to a burger place?

Same with conversations or meeting people. You'll stand a better chance talking to people who are actively out to make new conversations and meet new people (organised social events) than on a website where its absolutely hit and miss as to whether people are even in a chatty mood

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

OK, so I'll say you've just kinda proved my point.

My profile states I'm here to talk on the forums, yet you've private messaged me. Private messaging me won't get a response via le inbox. So you've put effort in the wrong area. That's exactly what I was getting at.

Organised socials are places where people go to meet new people and have conversations. I can't guarantee that you'll have meaningful or interesting ones, but I can guarantee that the people there are there because they choose to be.

over a year ago

Actually you can help the way you look. just saying

over a year ago

The energy you give out is the energy you get. Sit back and think it over.

Read your profile and this post as if you were a 30yr old blonde with DDs and getting 100 messages a day.

By *aughty_Smooth_OperatorMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Fight fight fight

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I feel sorry for OP that his thread has been hijacked

By *ryandseeMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I feel sorry for OP that his thread has been hijacked"

yes and not for the first time. It seems to becoming a bit of a habit for some

By *o scandalousWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"After being on here for so only had a few nice messages mostly getting no where or im too far ive only been kind even in rejection. I feel like I just dont belong, cant help the way I look so should i stay or should i go??? "

If you’re thinking like that hide your profile and stay off fab for a while. Decide outwith here, and if you decide to go, for gods sake don’t put up the ‘I’m leaving - change my mind’ status, because you’ll only get pelters.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"After being on here for so only had a few nice messages mostly getting no where or im too far ive only been kind even in rejection. I feel like I just dont belong, cant help the way I look so should i stay or should i go??? "

We all get rejected for one reason or another on here, sadly it is part of the game.

Best advice, get yourself off to an organised social and a club, there is no guarantee that you will get to play, but there again, there is no guarantee you won't

over a year ago

OP, you're focussing on the negative (I've green arrowed you) and people don't respond to negatives. It's tough sometimes to see the positives in yourself, but that's what people will respond to. On the forum, on your profile.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I feel like I just dont belong"

Maybe you could join in with lighthearted forum threads, especially the games, as it might help you to feel more like you belong

over a year ago

"After being on here for so only had a few nice messages mostly getting no where or im too far ive only been kind even in rejection. I feel like I just dont belong, cant help the way I look so should i stay or should i go???

If you’re thinking like that hide your profile and stay off fab for a while. Decide outwith here, and if you decide to go, for gods sake don’t put up the ‘I’m leaving - change my mind’ status, because you’ll only get pelters. "

True.

Post new Message to Thread