By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

both are as bad as each other, men just shout about it more

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Statistically insurers say women make better drivers "

No thats not actually true if you look into it. Granted women have less accidents than males. But they also drive far fewer miles.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Statistically insurers say women make better drivers

No thats not actually true if you look into it. Granted women have less accidents than males. But they also drive far fewer miles. "

Recently got a quote for my hubbys van insurance with me as a named driver. It went up in price when we took me off. Cos I had maximum no claims bonus he had none

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

No thats not actually true if you look into it. Granted women have less accidents than males. But they also drive far fewer miles.

Recently got a quote for my hubbys van insurance with me as a named driver. It went up in price when we took me off. Cos I had maximum no claims bonus he had none"

It is mainly down to the individuals past driving record. They asses each individual for risk. Never heard of it going up for a single driver opposed to two or more. But hell the quote for renewal for mine was £400 and on line the same company came in at £326 for identical cover. Also last year it got cheaper when I went from 24k to 30k average mileage. Odd things insurance quotes.!

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"

It is mainly down to the individuals past driving record. .!"

Which just goes to show his is crap lol

over a year ago

No thats not actually true if you look into it. Granted women have less accidents than males. But they also drive far fewer miles. "

and they recon theres fewer women drivers

over a year ago

Define better lol..

Faster?

Smoother?

Quicker?

Or just fewer accidents?

I'd happily pay the extra not to have to crap my armanis everytime we go to texco's...

over a year ago

In our car, Paul is aggressive, has the occasional bout of road rage and drives too fast .... women are better

over a year ago

"In our car, Paul is aggressive, has the occasional bout of road rage and drives too fast .... women are better "

now i was going to put something like that myself, i think women make better drivers than men in that way, you hardly ever hear of women involved in road rage arguments

over a year ago

"In our car, Paul is aggressive, has the occasional bout of road rage and drives too fast .... women are better

now i was going to put something like that myself, i think women make better drivers than men in that way, you hardly ever hear of women involved in road rage arguments"

Absolutely hun ... a little flash soon settles most arguments unless the wife is with him

over a year ago

The reason women have fewer accidents is because they don't notice they had em lol..

Have you seen the state of the Mum trucks pmsl???

over a year ago

"In our car, Paul is aggressive, has the occasional bout of road rage and drives too fast .... women are better

now i was going to put something like that myself, i think women make better drivers than men in that way, you hardly ever hear of women involved in road rage arguments"

Except the ones who stab their boyfriends to death at the roadside. An my finger gets cold it spends so much time out of the window.... get me a fuck u! mit please.

over a year ago

"The reason women have fewer accidents is because they don't notice they had em lol..

Have you seen the state of the Mum trucks pmsl??? "

I have only ever bumped a car once ... and that was only because I dropped my mints and Paul who was driving in the car in front stopped at traffic lights .... stupid traffic lights

over a year ago

Statistically women are involved in fewer accidents, they do fewer miles,they take fewer chances, the actuaries who guage insurance rates have all the statistics available to them, women have cheaper car insurance rates.

However as has been pointed out, fewer accidents means safer, if that was the question then no doubt, women are safer but as the question was better then in my experience ( with different drivers 3 or 4 per day for 20+ years) then men generally have better car control, more understanding of the impact that the movements you make on the cars controls will have on the road,less likely to panic if something unexpected happens.

Of course this is a massive generalisation and does not apply to every individual driver, I have been scared shitless with some male drivers at 30 mph, and comfrtable with women at 130 + mph, and the other way round too.

The only times I have ever had to stop someone driving because they were not safe enough to continue they were both male.

over a year ago

My car was parked outside my home... and a male neighbour rammed straight into the side of it....MY insurance tried to say it was me at fault for the damage sustained, because I owned a small sports car and he owned an estate... couldn't get through to them that I wasn't in the fekkin car I was in the house and my car was stationary!!!

over a year ago

Three accidents in the last twenty years. Ironically the only one where speed was the issue was a woman driving too fast, and the other two where men who didn't know how to drive around a roundabout

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Statistically insurers say women make better drivers "

Wrong wrong wrong!!

Actually, women have far more accidents, usually whilst parking, or at very low speeds. The upshot of this is that their claims are much cheaper to pay out on, whereas men have fewer accidents, but at much higher speeds, which means they tend to cost a lot more.

THe reason that insurers prefer women drivers is purely financial, it costs less!!

Further proof, how many world rally champions are women?

Formula 1?

British Touring Car?

Need I go on?

Men rule, women drool!!!

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

BRING

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

IT

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

ON!!

over a year ago

FAB forum trip to a cart track is in order I feel........................ xxx

over a year ago

Both me and my Hubby drive taxis ... he has written 3 cabs off so far and has maximum points on his license ... I'm still on car number one with no points Though I do drive more old dears about, you can't drive wildly with them in the back

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Rob has road rage before we've even got off the drive sometimes

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Bollocks!!!

My 6year old car has done over 112,000 miles!!!

Blown up twice mind but she still going strong

Oh - and only ever been scraped by soneone else, and not got any points on my license

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Only 112,000 in 6 years? Just broken in then

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Only 112,000 in 6 years? Just broken in then "

LOL - i do only drive it at weekends

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Only 112,000 in 6 years? Just broken in then

LOL - i do only drive it at weekends"

Just freaked my self out as i have done 143,000 in the last 3 years!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Just freaked my self out as i have done 143,000 in the last 3 years! "

Bloody hell!!!

Hope that some of those miles are claimable work related ones :O

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Bloody hell!!!

Hope that some of those miles are claimable work related ones :O"

EVERY mile is work related lol even the ones up and down the M1 on a weekend

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Bloody hell!!!

Hope that some of those miles are claimable work related ones :O

EVERY mile is work related lol even the ones up and down the M1 on a weekend "

Jolly Good

over a year ago

my car is 8 years old and has 34,000 on the clock.In 21 years only ever had two accidents and they were not my fault and they were caused by women. If ever i have caused accidents i have drove off quick, only joking. Have points on my license this year for speeding, that sure brought my insurance price up, what with a change of postcode.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Recently got a quote for my hubbys van insurance with me as a named driver. It went up in price when we took me off. Cos I had maximum no claims bonus he had none

It is mainly down to the individuals past driving record. They asses each individual for risk. Never heard of it going up for a single driver opposed to two or more. But hell the quote for renewal for mine was £400 and on line the same company came in at £326 for identical cover. Also last year it got cheaper when I went from 24k to 30k average mileage. Odd things insurance quotes.!"

It is true a number of companies will give you a lower quote if you have a woman named as a second driver (if she has a clean record that is).

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Some women are shit drivers... just as some men are shit drivers.

Statistically: Women have less accidents involving pulling out on people at junctions… some who study such things believe there is a connection to women having more cone shaped cells in their eyes and thus wider peripheral vision… I just think it’s more to do with more men generally being impatient feckers when they drive.

Post new Message to Thread