Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Weathermen Abuse

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The weather forecasters are being abused for linking the hot spell to climate change. Is that fair?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I dunno. But I do know we're still awful at predicting the weather accurately.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"The weather forecasters are being abused for linking the hot spell to climate change. Is that fair?"

Absolutely!! The weathermen book the weather in advance and so far I think ours have been shit!! They don’t book the good weather in advance so we’re left with the rainy stuff and an occasional couple if days that Europe dont want. The easiest way to change climate is to order it earlier for delivery in summer!! 1976 was the last Time they got it right!!! Fire them all!!

over a year ago

"The weather forecasters are being abused for linking the hot spell to climate change. Is that fair?"

No it isn't fair to abuse weather forecasters. They should change their altitude.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It is never fair for anyone to abuse anyone else.

Are you using the term 'abuse' in a trivial manner?

Are people saying that forecasters should simply forecast?

How would I EVER have learned about the jet stream ? the isobars ? the low fronts ?

I don't think anyone should conflate weather with climate change. Drives me mad.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"The weather forecasters are being abused for linking the hot spell to climate change. Is that fair?

No it isn't fair to abuse weather forecasters. They should change their altitude. "

It's weather jim but not as we know it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"The weather forecasters are being abused for linking the hot spell to climate change. Is that fair?

No it isn't fair to abuse weather forecasters. They should change their altitude.

It's weather jim but not as we know it.

"

Just noticed you put alt not att.... arf arf on me.

over a year ago

John kettley is the weatherman

Is the weatherman the weatherman

John kettley is the weatherman

And so is michael fish

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

It is never fair for anyone to abuse anyone else.

Are you using the term 'abuse' in a trivial manner?

Are people saying that forecasters should simply forecast?

How would I EVER have learned about the jet stream ? the isobars ? the low fronts ?

I don't think anyone should conflate weather with climate change. Drives me mad. "

Low fronts??? Does cleavage affect the weather???? #anotherschoolday

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

If what the BBC has published this morning on their website (snippets from social media) then when did this country become so soft. Being told to ‘get a grip’ is not abuse.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

"If what the BBC has published this morning on their website (snippets from social media) then when did this country become so soft. Being told to ‘get a grip’ is not abuse."

Used to be foreplay where im from - normally said by a woman 12 babychams in as she kicks her knickers off and was being encouraging

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"If what the BBC has published this morning on their website (snippets from social media) then when did this country become so soft. Being told to ‘get a grip’ is not abuse.

Used to be foreplay where im from - normally said by a woman 12 babychams in as she kicks her knickers off and was being encouraging "

Honestly, it’s mind boggling as well. It’s actually one of the top stories on their website. Never mind the Russians blowing up innocent people, there’s a very upset weather reader who is distraught cause someone gave them some sound advice.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Abuse is never acceptable Tom. They should just be treated with contempt and ignored.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Some people will abuse anyone about anything. They seem to find it difficult not to shoot the messenger.

over a year ago

Absolutely!! The weathermen book the weather in advance and so far I think ours have been shit!! They don’t book the good weather in advance so we’re left with the rainy stuff and an occasional couple if days that Europe dont want. The easiest way to change climate is to order it earlier for delivery in summer!! 1976 was the last Time they got it right!!! Fire them all!! "

They should get some more Scorchio stickers ordered! Bin the rain stickers.

over a year ago

Its all the fault of the flat earthers. If they kept the world as round the hot weather could roll round and come back to us but it keeps falling off the edge!

over a year ago

"If what the BBC has published this morning on their website (snippets from social media) then when did this country become so soft. Being told to ‘get a grip’ is not abuse.

Used to be foreplay where im from - normally said by a woman 12 babychams in as she kicks her knickers off and was being encouraging

Honestly, it’s mind boggling as well. It’s actually one of the top stories on their website. Never mind the Russians blowing up innocent people, there’s a very upset weather reader who is distraught cause someone gave them some sound advice. "

Found the article! The heatwave was caused by aircraft making a heat dome. I didn't know this.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Its all the fault of the flat earthers. If they kept the world as round the hot weather could roll round and come back to us but it keeps falling off the edge!"

Don’t knock the flat earth society. They are successful and growing, they are opening new offices all around the world!

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

I dated a weather girl. Nice warm front but frosty in the morning..

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

No. They're stuck with the known evidence and some public education is a good thing. Even the rabid press that used to spread disinformation about global heating, have turned a corner and are more inclusive of some reality now.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Don’t knock the flat earth society. They are successful and growing, they are opening new offices all around the world! "

All "over" the world, I think they say...

over a year ago

It's kind of clear to anyone older than six and with an IQ higher than that of a slug that climate change is real and happening right now.

Of course it's unfair to abuse weathermen for pointing out this fact.

Those people are idiots.

By *orkcoastguyMan
over a year ago

Bridlington.

"I dunno. But I do know we're still awful at predicting the weather accurately."

Our local chap, Paul Hudson is very accurate.

By *atcherwankerMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

No it isn't fair to abuse weather forecasters. They should change their altitude. "

Yeah, they've got some front...

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Before the net and social media these people had a tiny audience usually a long suffering spouse and Nigel down the pub. Some of them would put pen to paper and write anonymously to the people they disliked so much but often they couldn't be bothered to go and buy a stamp. Now all they have to do it get their phone out.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Its all the fault of the flat earthers. If they kept the world as round the hot weather could roll round and come back to us but it keeps falling off the edge!

Don’t knock the flat earth society. They are successful and growing, they are opening new offices all around the world! "

Across seb..... they said across

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yeah, they've got some front..."

Stop raining on their parade!

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I still just want a definitive answer about the rain falling in Africa.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I dated a weather girl. Nice warm front but frosty in the morning.."

A weather wanted to fuck me but I wasn't sure whether I would or weather I wouldn't.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Yeah, they've got some front...

Stop raining on their parade!"

Ho ho ho xxx

By *eadinthecloudsMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Is it fair they're hurting morons with the truth? Yes.

Are we fucked regardless. Also yes.

Hope you all enjoy the coolest summer for the rest of your lives.

over a year ago

Why shouldn't weather people talk about the link with weather and climate change? They're on the news, which is meant to inform people is it not? They're experts in their field

over a year ago

"Before the net and social media these people had a tiny audience usually a long suffering spouse and Nigel down the pub. Some of them would put pen to paper and write anonymously to the people they disliked so much but often they couldn't be bothered to go and buy a stamp. Now all they have to do it get their phone out. "

That's Life! And Watchdog. Fantastic tv.

over a year ago

"Before the net and social media these people had a tiny audience usually a long suffering spouse and Nigel down the pub. Some of them would put pen to paper and write anonymously to the people they disliked so much but often they couldn't be bothered to go and buy a stamp. Now all they have to do it get their phone out.

That's Life! And Watchdog. Fantastic tv."

^She likes a bit of Doc Cox.

over a year ago

"I dunno. But I do know we're still awful at predicting the weather accurately.

Our local chap, Paul Hudson is very accurate. "

Yeah but it's easy to predict the weather up there.

'Today it'll be wet & cold...'

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Why shouldn't weather people talk about the link with weather and climate change? They're on the news, which is meant to inform people is it not? They're experts in their field "

No they are not on the news.

I believe the climate is changing.

But the fact that temperatures are rising is not proof that the two day heatwave was caused by the climate changing.

over a year ago

"Why shouldn't weather people talk about the link with weather and climate change? They're on the news, which is meant to inform people is it not? They're experts in their field

But the fact that temperatures are rising is not proof that the two day heatwave was caused by the climate changing.

"

They're at the end of news programmes? How is that not on the news? Forgive me for saying but wouldn't a person with meteorology training know more about the subject than you?

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Honestly, it’s mind boggling as well. It’s actually one of the top stories on their website. Never mind the Russians blowing up innocent people, there’s a very upset weather reader who is distraught cause someone gave them some sound advice.

Found the article! The heatwave was caused by aircraft making a heat dome. I didn't know this. "

I know I felt totally abused reading it

By *lderflowerappleWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"I still just want a definitive answer about the rain falling in Africa. "

Not sure about Africa, but in Spain it falls mainly in the plain...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Why shouldn't weather people talk about the link with weather and climate change? They're on the news, which is meant to inform people is it not? They're experts in their field

They're at the end of news programmes? How is that not on the news? Forgive me for saying but wouldn't a person with meteorology training know more about the subject than you? "

You don't need forgiving. You haven't done anything wrong in my book. Apart from the hefty assumption that i'm not a meteorologist.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This story is literally all over the news and is gathering moss like a rolling stone.

The day when the weather lady was a meteorologist are changing. They are TV presenters mainly taking their first steps. Ulrika was an example. Michael Fish was a meteor man but he did not see the hurricane coming in 1987 but a little old lady did.

Tom is not a lover of these meteorological types but he knows the old ways and calls it by studying the signs in nature. Gulls inland, cows in fields, acorns closing and many more. Most of these weather types just cover every base. It will be a bright day with the possibility of sunshine and the possibility of the occasional shower with thunderstorms in isolated areas. That is not a weather forecast but a list.

over a year ago

They're at the end of news programmes? How is that not on the news? Forgive me for saying but wouldn't a person with meteorology training know more about the subject than you?

You don't need forgiving. You haven't done anything wrong in my book. Apart from the hefty assumption that i'm not a meteorologist. "

I think if you were, you might have mentioned it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Or in the case of Billy Connolly ......

Ah fucking knowwwwwwwww. Ah looked out da windie.....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You don't need forgiving. You haven't done anything wrong in my book. Apart from the hefty assumption that i'm not a meteorologist.

I think if you were, you might have mentioned it. "

Okay. You are right.

I am a meteorologist and the fact that temperatures are rising is not proof that the two day heatwave was caused by climate change.

No one can deny that those days were hot .... but not as hot as the temperatures recorded in death valley in 1913.

Now over to Richard who has been baking some lovely fairy cakes.

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

A forecast doesn’t sound like. There’s a 50% chance if rain in the following areas - broken down simply that means in these areas it will either rain or it wont - for clarity I haven’t been to college to reach this assumption.

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Just break an arm or leg & in the future it works as Barometric pressure. Read it in National Geographic.

The flip side - I can tell you take a coat with you. I can't predict when it will rain?

I'm not a Native American Shaman you know....

HOW

By *abfitnfiftyMan
over a year ago

Dorking

I'd love to abuse sone of the cute weather girls

By *hatEscalatedQuicklyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

I thought the findings about it being made more likely and wouldn't have been so hot without climate change were released by climate change scientists rather than weatherfolk?

Was it not a multinational group of scientists?

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

What hot spell it's pissed it down with rain here in Leeds every day for last week. We had to very hot days start of last week followed by 5 nice warm ones. That's it British summer over and done with. Not exactly the summer of 76 which I am old enough to remember.

over a year ago

I think if you were, you might have mentioned it.

Okay. You are right.

I am a meteorologist and the fact that temperatures are rising is not proof that the two day heatwave was caused by climate change.

No one can deny that those days were hot .... but not as hot as the temperatures recorded in death valley in 1913.

Now over to Richard who has been baking some lovely fairy cakes. "

over a year ago

"I'd love to abuse sone of the cute weather girls"

WTF?

Post new Message to Thread