Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Funniest or lamest excuses

Jump to newest

By *valon7 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Lancaster

Without naming or shaming whats been the funniest ,most unrealistic excuse for cancelling a meet you have ever had?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I've never had a cancellation

By *ennbillCouple
over a year ago

nice village

Guy never showed but we found him on here an hour after scheduled meet time. He said he was done for drink driving on his way to us. Erm why arnt you in a cell then instead of being on here??? He vanished. Pain as we had spent time and effort getting ready and a hotel room paid for!

By *hilledGuyClactonMan
over a year ago

Little clacton

Me..I made an excuse of walking into a door,I did in fact walk into a door it open a bit,I turned round and bang They blocked me when I messaged why I couldn't meet

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Guy never showed but we found him on here an hour after scheduled meet time. He said he was done for drink driving on his way to us. Erm why arnt you in a cell then instead of being on here??? He vanished. Pain as we had spent time and effort getting ready and a hotel room paid for!"

Wow stood you up, you are class.

I suppose its just all talk and no action with some

By *valon7 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Lancaster

"Me..I made an excuse of walking into a door,I did in fact walk into a door it open a bit,I turned round and bang They blocked me when I messaged why I couldn't meet "

That does hurt!Ive done it!Maybe you should have sent them a pic of your bruises!

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Arranged to meet a couple in a local pub and they sent a message saying they were in another pub ( they'd got lost) and could we meet them there ?? trouble being the pub they were meant to be in had closed months before ???...or arranged to meet a male we'd been chatting to for ages arranged to meet up 5 minutes before the meet he sent a message saying " He wasn't feeling it " ...

By *valon7 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Lancaster

"Guy never showed but we found him on here an hour after scheduled meet time. He said he was done for drink driving on his way to us. Erm why arnt you in a cell then instead of being on here??? He vanished. Pain as we had spent time and effort getting ready and a hotel room paid for!"

Very annoying!Maybe he did have his phone in the Cell?

By *valon7 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Lancaster

" Arranged to meet a couple in a local pub and they sent a message saying they were in another pub ( they'd got lost) and could we meet them there ?? trouble being the pub they were meant to be in had closed months before ???...or arranged to meet a male we'd been chatting to for ages arranged to meet up 5 minutes before the meet he sent a message saying " He wasn't feeling it " ... "

He sounds a bit of a diva!

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

His mum had died, which wasn't in any way funny until he came back on site later that day and posted a meet for the following day, then blocked me.

He approached me on another site a few months later. I didn't interact, don't want to be responsible for matricide, even of the fictional type.

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

But our Best ever excuse was ...In the chat room on cam ,chatting away on comes a couple look at their profile etc etc and we get chatting and then we ask if they can put their cam on ( nothing sexual etc etc ) and they informed us they couldn't as the hamster had ate it ??.....

By *valon7 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Lancaster

" But our Best ever excuse was ...In the chat room on cam ,chatting away on comes a couple look at their profile etc etc and we get chatting and then we ask if they can put their cam on ( nothing sexual etc etc ) and they informed us they couldn't as the hamster had ate it ??....."

By *asygoingfun80Man
over a year ago

Brecon

The most lamest excuse i heard was that he ran over a rabbit on his way to mine and felt so bad that he wasn't horny anymore... yeah right!!

By *ennbillCouple
over a year ago

nice village

thank you

over a year ago

Leg was hurting from being back at work from an operation he had a few months beforehand.

He was back at work two weeks he cancelled 5mins before or time. Me sitting ready after getting dressed.

Another couldn't find the house.

I Google map pinned my address.

Usually most arrange beforehand or on that day and go quiet coming up to the time or meet.

over a year ago

My dogs just come down with covid-18

By *hropshireGentMan
over a year ago

midllands, traveling with work

When I leave for a meet I let the people know my ETA. I had a puncture on my car and sent a message saying I would be 10mins late as I was changing it. I even added a pic to the message. When I messaged them back 10mins later to say I was on my way they blocked me. I pulled up outside the house and waited, the curtains twitched but I think they were too proud to unblock me and message me.

That’s the only bad one I’ve had

over a year ago

I've been stood up....they said that they hadn't thought I was serious

over a year ago

They forgot to tell the dog we were coming and he would be upset.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I ended up feeling unwell on the long ish drive to a meet. I had to message them to say. It sounded so flakey that I was going to be later than planned. It turned out to be a great meet.

By *hathappensnowCouple
over a year ago

Rotherham

Was literally on the road and got a message saying they were tired and had gone to bed. We had driven 30 minutes at this point

over a year ago

That's something no one should ever mess around, absolute idiot that guy

By *rGandMrsGGCouple
over a year ago

aberdeen

I've had 2 that didn't even bother to cancel, left waiting like a knob then they blocked me

By *valon7 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Lancaster

"I ended up feeling unwell on the long ish drive to a meet. I had to message them to say. It sounded so flakey that I was going to be later than planned. It turned out to be a great meet. "

You probably felt a bit nervous rather than ill.At least you turned up! x

By *romagefraisWoman
over a year ago

Sunderland

Not really funny but ex hadn't picked the kids up, 3 times in a row.

By *romagefraisWoman
over a year ago

Sunderland

That was their excuse.

They still asked to arrange a 4th, I said, "I don't think there's any point in arranging a 4th failed meet."

over a year ago

ive dodged a couple bullets

1) tried to meet for weeks then finally met he had to go home his son was ill i said couldnt his mum deal with it and i blocked him soon after

2) he was a lot older than his pic and i coped with a coffee he kept wanting to kiss me ....i kept checking my phone then went home

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

Once arranged a meet, lived in a first floor flat at the time. I was looking out of the living room window, saw the guy walking along the path in front of the flats, he turned and saw me looking- then look horrified and literally skidaddled, running as fast as his legs could carry him!

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

Once arranged a meet, lived in a first floor flat at the time. I was looking out of the living room window, saw the guy walking along the path in front of the flats, he turned and saw me looking- then look horrified and literally skidaddled, running as fast as his legs could carry him!

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I’ve never cancelled

Post new Message to Thread