Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Maccies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

McDonald’s are putting prices up on burgers. the 99p menu will only be the chicken Mayo from what I’ve heard. You know things are going bad when Maccies up the prices

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"McDonald’s are putting prices up on burgers. the 99p menu will only be the chicken Mayo from what I’ve heard. You know things are going bad when Maccies up the prices "

Not something that’ll effect me I don’t eat fast food, MacDs KFC Burger King are a nope for me

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It is an indicator of how bad things are. Did I see that Asda are selling £1 lunches for children in their cafés?

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I'll still stuff my face with it when I'm out late and want something quick and greasy to eat

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"It is an indicator of how bad things are. Did I see that Asda are selling £1 lunches for children in their cafés?"

Morrisons and Tesco are advertising free/ cheap kids meals in their cafes too.

Some kids won't eat as no free school dinners in the summer.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It is an indicator of how bad things are. Did I see that Asda are selling £1 lunches for children in their cafés?

Some kids won't eat as no free school dinners in the summer. "

It's a good thing they're doing. A lot of places round here offer free lunch for children. You just need to go in and ask for something like 'the special deal ' so there's no embarrassment and they give you a lunch box. It's good that community spirit is alive and well

over a year ago

You have to pay extra full fat Coke separately and in meal.

Source: I got hungry last night and ordered even though I have a full fridge

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"It is an indicator of how bad things are. Did I see that Asda are selling £1 lunches for children in their cafés?

I remember seeing something about a voucher scheme for the holidays for kids who get free school meals so I think there is something in place.

over a year ago

I don't like cardboard burgers or chips so I'm ok

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"You have to pay extra full fat Coke separately and in meal.

Source: I got hungry last night and ordered even though I have a full fridge "

Yet you don’t pay extra to chuck all the crap sugar supplements into yours and your kids body. I wouldn’t buy any diet drinks ever.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yet you don’t pay extra to chuck all the crap sugar supplements into yours and your kids body. I wouldn’t buy any diet drinks ever. "

Neither would I. The taste alone puts me off before any other consideration

over a year ago

Yet you don’t pay extra to chuck all the crap sugar supplements into yours and your kids body. I wouldn’t buy any diet drinks ever. "

You just assume I do bareback no kids how do you think pay extra

over a year ago

As if the fuel food and energy price rises werent enough of a red flashing light the riots will get very bad come november

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"As if the fuel food and energy price rises werent enough of a red flashing light the riots will get very bad come november "

Nobody will have the energy

over a year ago

"As if the fuel food and energy price rises werent enough of a red flashing light the riots will get very bad come november

Nobody will have the energy "

tired narky people will find it lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"As if the fuel food and energy price rises werent enough of a red flashing light the riots will get very bad come november

Nobody will have the energy tired narky people will find it lol"

The peasants revolt!

over a year ago

Nobody will have the energy tired narky people will find it lol

The peasants revolt!

"

i know iv got a nose but thats not the point

By *lym4realCouple
over a year ago

plymouth

Won't effect us as neither of us eat it !! and quite good news as might discourage some from eating it though ?? and even harder times ahead especially for those with children

over a year ago

Price increases are affecting everybody and everything. I do wonder whether if the war ended and everything returned to 'normal' whether prices would come back down again? I think not, as we'd have all got used to paying current (or higher) prices.

On the odd occasion I get a Maccies, I tend to opt for the chicken mayo anyway.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"McDonald’s are putting prices up on burgers. the 99p menu will only be the chicken Mayo from what I’ve heard. You know things are going bad when Maccies up the prices "

Well now its getting seriously depressing

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

The sugar is full fat is way worse than sweetners in diet

Obviously water all the way, but if your gonna pick one, sugar free all day

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Fair enough! As everthing else is going up food wise I suppose! I do love the occasional mc plant and strawberry lemonade x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The peasants revolt!

i know iv got a nose but thats not the point "

I'm revolting, are you?

over a year ago

This isn't an indictaion of how bad things are, it's a global company lining theirselves with even more profit.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I wouldn't go to Maccies even if you gave me £99

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/07/22 12:56:50]

over a year ago

The peasants revolt!

i know iv got a nose but thats not the point

I'm revolting, are you? "

it has been known i once held my breath for 4 minutes for an icepop of my gran

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I wouldn't go to Maccies even if you gave me £99 "

I haven't eaten there for years but I used their loos recently. Where do I claim my £99?

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"I wouldn't go to Maccies even if you gave me £99

I haven't eaten there for years but I used their loos recently. Where do I claim my £99? "

I was driving the band back from a gig at daft o’clock in the morning and they demanded I stopped by MacDonalds. They were adamant they’d buy me something for driving. I declined, I’d rather have gotten some sandwich meat and bread from Asda

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Yet you don’t pay extra to chuck all the crap sugar supplements into yours and your kids body. I wouldn’t buy any diet drinks ever.

Obviously water all the way, but if your gonna pick one, sugar free all day"

Deffo for me being diabetic x

over a year ago

The Big Mac Index, published by the Economist.

Essentially it's a novel way of measuring whether the market exchange rates for different countries currencies are over valued or undervalued?

They do that by measuring each currency by the common standard - the Big Mac Hamburger sold all over the world in McDs restaurants.

The futures grim , especially if you live in Switzerland. They pay the highest price for a Big Mac meal.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I haven't eaten there for years but I used their loos recently. Where do I claim my £99?

I was driving the band back from a gig at daft o’clock in the morning and they demanded I stopped by MacDonalds. They were adamant they’d buy me something for driving. I declined, I’d rather have gotten some sandwich meat and bread from Asda "

Some of their chicken stuff is ok and a skinny chip is a skinny chip . You can't argue with a flake or smarties mcflurry surely . If I do eat there though I always feel very faintly nauseous afterwards

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I was driving the band back from a gig at daft o’clock in the morning and they demanded I stopped by MacDonalds. They were adamant they’d buy me something for driving. I declined, I’d rather have gotten some sandwich meat and bread from Asda

Some of their chicken stuff is ok and a skinny chip is a skinny chip . You can't argue with a flake or smarties mcflurry surely . If I do eat there though I always feel very faintly nauseous afterwards "

Yeah I think if I really wanted an ice cream I’d just grab a magnum out of a shop

When I did eat there many moons ago it was always a chicken sandwich I would get but that normally led me to have to go back for more as it never filled the hole

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I haven't eaten there for years but I used their loos recently. Where do I claim my £99? "

Probably from the chippy just down the road, there's a guy who works there that swears he's Elvis

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Some of their chicken stuff is ok and a skinny chip is a skinny chip . You can't argue with a flake or smarties mcflurry surely . If I do eat there though I always feel very faintly nauseous afterwards

Yeah I think if I really wanted an ice cream I’d just grab a magnum out of a shop

When I did eat there many moons ago it was always a chicken sandwich I would get but that normally led me to have to go back for more as it never filled the hole"

I didn't think it was supposed to be a proper meal. I've probably been doing fast food wrong all my life

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Probably from the chippy just down the road, there's a guy who works there that swears he's Elvis "

I know the very man!

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

I don’t know how much a Big Mac is & I love a double cheeseburger from the cheapskate menu (especially when it’s been sat on & squashed)!

Sorry, not sorry

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

When I did eat there many moons ago it was always a chicken sandwich I would get but that normally led me to have to go back for more as it never filled the hole"

Also I don't like magnums. Haagen Daz or mcflurry all the way for me

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

But seriously now, it's snack food isn't it, not proper meal time stuff.

over a year ago

Tbh its nothing compared to the increases at my local chinese

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

When I did eat there many moons ago it was always a chicken sandwich I would get but that normally led me to have to go back for more as it never filled the hole

Also I don't like magnums. Haagen Daz or mcflurry all the way for me "

I’d stretch to a cornetto

over a year ago

Changes prices but they can't fix the ice-cream machine

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Obviously water all the way, but if your gonna pick one, sugar free all day"

Not true. Having a a child with ADHD I have looked into this thoroughly. Of course for diabetics etc it’s different. And yes water definitely. Personally I would never buy diet drinks.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Probably from the chippy just down the road, there's a guy who works there that swears he's Elvis

I know the very man! "

At least you get proper chips off him, and not a cardboard packet of fries

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Obviously water all the way, but if your gonna pick one, sugar free all day

Not true. Having a a child with ADHD I have looked into this thoroughly. Of course for diabetics etc it’s different. And yes water definitely. Personally I would never buy diet drinks. "

Hmm interesting, sweetners are the number 1 most studied food additive and I’ve never seen any studies suggesting negative effects. Whatever works for you, just know all the extra calories from pure sugar isn’t great

over a year ago

I think companies like them should lower prices, bring more ppl in and cover their costs that way rather than take it out the pockets of the ppl they rely on

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I think companies like them should lower prices, bring more ppl in and cover their costs that way rather than take it out the pockets of the ppl they rely on"

That’s not how business work

Lowering the cost to bring in more people makes more sales, but more sales need more staff, more products, more deliveries, more admin, more waste costs, more/bigger premises etc etc

over a year ago

There is a voucher scheme in place still thst started in lockdown.

Admittedly those vouchers may not be used for their intended purpose in some households but it will help a lot of kids over summer.

T

over a year ago

"I think companies like them should lower prices, bring more ppl in and cover their costs that way rather than take it out the pockets of the ppl they rely on

That’s not how business work

Lowering the cost to bring in more people makes more sales, but more sales need more staff, more products, more deliveries, more admin, more waste costs, more/bigger premises etc etc "

Catch 22 then, higher prices will make ppl think twice about going

over a year ago

"I'll still stuff my face with it when I'm out late and want something quick and greasy to eat "

Snap!

Miss S x

over a year ago

"This isn't an indictaion of how bad things are, it's a global company lining theirselves with even more profit. "

Exactly. Inflation at less than 10% yet they’re increasing the price of a cheeseburger by more than 20%.

By *valon7Woman
over a year ago

Lancaster

"It is an indicator of how bad things are. Did I see that Asda are selling £1 lunches for children in their cafés?"

Yes thats true.I think the others supermarkets will follow suit eventually.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For a lot of parents it’s a treat at the end of the school week for the kids or a birthday treat. It’s a shame but with energy prices going up and the amount Maccies uses a day, I Suppose it’s just the norm

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

Least of our worries

By *ooBulMan
over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Yeah, I heard that today.

Will they be doing that world wide or is it over here cos everyone is joining in on that bandwagon.....?

I don't eat there.

Prefer to cook from scratch at home.

Post new Message to Thread