Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

NRL shirt controversy

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

2 things regarding manly…

You really can’t call it a rainbow shirt… it’s 2 percentage pride colours at most

Interesting when manly gets more hate that just being manly!!! This is almost rooster level heat!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i dont care as long as thr green machine smash em up either way

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"2 things regarding manly…

You really can’t call it a rainbow shirt… it’s 2 percentage pride colours at most

Interesting when manly gets more hate that just being manly!!! This is almost rooster level heat!! "

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Making people choose between the roosters and the sea eagles is akin to child cruelty….. no one needs to be forced!!!

How do manly come out of this looking like both the good guys and the bad guys!!!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Making people choose between the roosters and the sea eagles is akin to child cruelty….. no one needs to be forced!!!

How do manly come out of this looking like both the good guys and the bad guys!!! "

Manly are always the bad guys. Always.

Going against this truth is the only thing that will get me disowned. *Nods sagely*

(Before anyone comes for me, this involves NRL history going back fucking decades, not this recent stuff)

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don’t have a favourite in this fight I semi like the sharks….we are never winning anything ever again! I just feel dirty!!!

Although… up the maroons!!! Had to get that in!!

over a year ago

Interesting when manly gets more hate that just being manly!!! This is almost rooster level heat!! "

Are they a hated club anyway?

Is manly a place or the club name?

over a year ago

"I don’t have a favourite in this fight I semi like the sharks….we are never winning anything ever again! I just feel dirty!!!

Although… up the morons!!! Had to get that in!! "

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Interesting when manly gets more hate that just being manly!!! This is almost rooster level heat!!

Is manly a place or the club name?"

I am trying the think of a football club equivalent of manly… they are probably the number 2 hated club by everyone else after the roosters

Manly are the kings of the north……..ern beaches!!!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don’t have a favourite in this fight I semi like the sharks….we are never winning anything ever again! I just feel dirty!!!

Although… up the maroons!!! Had to get that in!! "

Noooo

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Is manly a place or the club name?"

Manly is a place in the Northern Beaches. The Manly ferry is an inexpensive way to see Sydney harbour, as it's a commuter route.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I am trying the think of a football club equivalent of manly… they are probably the number 2 hated club by everyone else after the roosters

Manly are the kings of the north……..ern beaches!!! "

I don't really know anything about this but Googling it found me the following quote "Historically, Manly were seen as a wealthy and at times arrogant organisation that plundered poorer clubs, offering their best players lucrative salaries to move to the northern beaches."

I guess in terms of buying success it would be Chelsea but I don't really remember too much anger over it personally. In terms of actual anger, maybe the feeling from SW London towards MK Dons?

By *heNerdyFembyWoman
over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

I don't really know anything about this but Googling it found me the following quote "Historically, Manly were seen as a wealthy and at times arrogant organisation that plundered poorer clubs, offering their best players lucrative salaries to move to the northern beaches."

I guess in terms of buying success it would be Chelsea but I don't really remember too much anger over it personally. In terms of actual anger, maybe the feeling from SW London towards MK Dons? "

I think the best terminology for UK Football is take your favourite team... then use thier rivals....

over a year ago

Aha! To all the above info. I'm not clued up on football.

Sounds like they are a bit twattish.

Wasn't sure if 'manly' referred to the players. Seemed a bit egotistical.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I guess in terms of buying success it would be Chelsea but I don't really remember too much anger over it personally. In terms of actual anger, maybe the feeling from SW London towards MK Dons? "

My family's permanent grudge goes back to the 1950s.

Yes I'll be disowned if I support the Sea Eagles

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Yes I'll be disowned if I support the Sea Eagles "

See now you have me trying to work out who…. I was thinking north Sydney bears but they don’t exist anymore

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

See now you have me trying to work out who…. I was thinking north Sydney bears but they don’t exist anymore "

This team still exists.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

See now you have me trying to work out who…. I was thinking north Sydney bears but they don’t exist anymore

This team still exists."

Oooh… okay… I take it back!!!! If they can bring back the bunnies then why don’t they bring back the bears? Serious question.. is the support not as big

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

This team still exists.

Oooh… okay… I take it back!!!! If they can bring back the bunnies then why don’t they bring back the bears? Serious question.. is the support not as big "

I don't know. But mine is a Rabbitohs family so... Can't say I'm mad about it

over a year ago

Noooo "

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Noooo "

Up the Blues!

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

This team still exists.

Oooh… okay… I take it back!!!! If they can bring back the bunnies then why don’t they bring back the bears? Serious question.. is the support not as big

I don't know. But mine is a Rabbitohs family so... Can't say I'm mad about it "

Oh my god… you are a bunny!!!!! … I take back all the hate of sea eagles and chooks!!!!

You aren’t that much higher on the likability list… you had everyone goodwill when you came back.. now you are just insufferable

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

This team still exists.

I don't know. But mine is a Rabbitohs family so... Can't say I'm mad about it

Oh my god… you are a bunny!!!!! … I take back all the hate of sea eagles and chooks!!!!

You aren’t that much higher on the likability list… you had everyone goodwill when you came back.. now you are just insufferable "

I actually don't follow it all that closely. My dad and grandfather are/were tragics - working class team etc.

The disowning bit is deadly fucking serious though

Post new Message to Thread