Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lifting each other...

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

Beautiful isn't it? Anyway, rather unexpectedly, today, the majority of my compliments about my photo have been from women. Those I've interacted with, ones I haven't.

Anyway - we quite often pitch ourselves against others. See it as a competition. Compare.

How easy do you find it to lift/support/give compliments to/acknowledge positively others? Particularly the same gender.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/07/22 14:48:35]

over a year ago

Love giving compliments but always feel like people will think I'm after something, being creepy or trying to suck up to them, especially on here.

I find the women really hard to talk to on fab. Conversation either doesn't get going or dies completely.

I have wondered if not being labelled as bi would have a different outcome.

T

over a year ago

I'm all for "lifting" another females spirts up on here or in life

over a year ago

"Beautiful isn't it? Anyway, rather unexpectedly, today, the majority of my compliments about my photo have been from women. Those I've interacted with, ones I haven't.

Anyway - we quite often pitch ourselves against others. See it as a competition. Compare.

How easy do you find it to lift/support/give compliments to/acknowledge positively others? Particularly the same gender.

"

It's a lovely photo. You have very soft feminine features.

I have no issues giving loved one compliments or trying to lift their spirits. I try to be uplifting to people I don't know or barely acquainted with too but not to the same extent.

over a year ago

All for giving a compliment be it for how someone comes across, chats with me or just looking fine, too much negative vibes in the world.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I generally find it easier to compliment females about their looks. I actually find it difficult to compliment men, never know what to actually say. Actually wish I wasn't as awkward with men.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'm very sparse with my uplifting compliments.

You deserve it, you get it.

I have people I've known since childhood on my Facebook who are constantly posting woe is me stuff, and those bloody memes. I ignore them.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm incredibly lucky to have a circle of female friends that not only don't compete with each other but actually enjoy being each others hype squad and encouraging each others debauchery . I'm not sure if it's related that nearly all of us are sapphic to some degree.

over a year ago

I always like to compliment the ladies but used to feel awkward about complimenting another man. Since being introduced to fab I have found it quite a natural thing to do. Everyone deserves lifting once in a while

over a year ago

Super easy! Acknowledging qualities in other people and letting them know is healthy and kind and makes people smile! Pitting yourself against others is the road to bitterness and resentment, in my opinion. My mum, for example, can't listen to people complimenting other women her age. It's like she believes it takes away from her in some way, that complimenting her peers means you must think she is less than the person you are complimenting. There will always be someone more intelligent, smart, charming, kind etc. Comparing yourself constantly and feeling inferior, with a big dose of animosity, is totally unnecessary and thoroughly miserable.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Love giving compliments but always feel like people will think I'm after something, being creepy or trying to suck up to them, especially on here.

I find the women really hard to talk to on fab. Conversation either doesn't get going or dies completely.

I have wondered if not being labelled as bi would have a different outcome.

T"

Yes; I think that might be true. Not that it matters but straight women seem more comfortable to message me and say blah blah blah today. It's difficult to just give a compliment without worrying how others view it sometimes. Like in a thread, sometimes I want to say "gosh your mind is beautiful" but that's a tad strong.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I can give compliments easily, even to the same sex.

What I cannot control is how they are received, and if people feel they are genuine or not.

over a year ago

"I'm incredibly lucky to have a circle of female friends that not only don't compete with each other but actually enjoy being each others hype squad and encouraging each others debauchery . I'm not sure if it's related that nearly all of us are sapphic to some degree."

Aw thats cute I want

over a year ago

I am pretty crap at finding the right words to compliment others at times. But I do hugely admire, like and respect many women on here and in my life. I'd like to be less awkward saying so - I see others do it so beautifully here!

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve found that guys on here really don’t, in fact quite the opposite.

In my experience most guys are very competitive in life and fab only enhances that. It’s very rare that guys will interact beyond sex with other guys and ever rarer to compliment with no agenda.

It makes me sad but it’s how things are here.

It’s lovely that femmes build each other up though

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Easy to do but I don't compliment insincerely.

By *heGigglersCouple
over a year ago

Swindon (just visiting)

Love to compliment others and make them feel good about themselves, really stuggle to accept compliments back though!!

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I try and give compliments without being intrusive can be tricky

But certainly if I observe something worth complimenting be it looks, an item of clothing, something lovely someone’s said or done… I will say so

It’s not something that came naturally to me as when younger I was ridiculously shy but I feel it’s important to do so.

Harder to do with men as I fear a lot of the time

they take it as a come on!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I need lifting today ...I'm suffering from man flu

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

I think you can be complimentary without paying someone an explicit compliment

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Beautiful isn't it? Anyway, rather unexpectedly, today, the majority of my compliments about my photo have been from women. Those I've interacted with, ones I haven't.

It's a lovely photo. You have very soft feminine features.

I have no issues giving loved one compliments or trying to lift their spirits. I try to be uplifting to people I don't know or barely acquainted with too but not to the same extent."

Aww thanks! MrWho you're adorable. I don't feel feminine a lot of the time so it's nice to lean into that.

Yes, it's different when you don't know someone. You can't really gush unashamedly over them.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/07/22 15:24:16]

over a year ago

I like it when girls lift my penis up out of there vigina and stuff it up there anus its very satisfying

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I generally find it easier to compliment females about their looks. I actually find it difficult to compliment men, never know what to actually say. Actually wish I wasn't as awkward with men. "

It can be a bit more difficult because... they might misinterpret it. But today, I was listening to a song. And it was good. Seriously good. Flight of the Conchords good, Business Time. That level.

Anyway, I was going to caveat my compliment by saying not in a sexual way and then realised two things. One, awfully presumptuous of me. Two, why not just say how I feel. Unfiltered. Unencumbered by tiresome social expectations, say how you feel and fuck it.

Easier said than done.

over a year ago

I often compliment random strangers, if I like their dress etc. And I always compliment my friends.

Its a great pic Meli, you look very very pretty and I love your freckles

over a year ago

I think my brand is casually back handed.

Can't be too over the top, treads on the saccharine.

But yeah, you look alright girl, you've been better but, ya know, also worse. All relative innit.

As for the fellas, I wouldn't message anyone but you see a good bit if tailoring, sartorial elegance and mainly watches, always watches, yeah, recognise.

over a year ago

"I generally find it easier to compliment females about their looks. I actually find it difficult to compliment men, never know what to actually say. Actually wish I wasn't as awkward with men.

It can be a bit more difficult because... they might misinterpret it. But today, I was listening to a song. And it was good. Seriously good. Flight of the Conchords good, Business Time. That level.

Anyway, I was going to caveat my compliment by saying not in a sexual way and then realised two things. One, awfully presumptuous of me. Two, why not just say how I feel. Unfiltered. Unencumbered by tiresome social expectations, say how you feel and fuck it.

Easier said than done."

At least it wasn't Albi The Racist Dragon good.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm very sparse with my uplifting compliments.

You deserve it, you get it.

I have people I've known since childhood on my Facebook who are constantly posting woe is me stuff, and those bloody memes. I ignore them.

"

Ah yes. The "dm me hun" brigade. Sometimes if I'm feeling mischievous I'll compliment people who blush. Or deliberately not those who are woe is me-ing.

Still meant.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Actually wish I wasn't as awkward with men.

It can be a bit more difficult because... they might misinterpret it. But today, I was listening to a song. And it was good. Seriously good. Flight of the Conchords good, Business Time. That level....

At least it wasn't Albi The Racist Dragon good. "

Oh oh oh oh I should have referenced this! Damn it, missed a trick there.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I challenge anyone to lift me.

over a year ago

"

You do you look very beautiful and you always seem like a kind person.

over a year ago

I also enjoy lifing girls up over my shoulder and taking them to bed applications welcome

By *heOriginalLoisWoman
over a year ago

London

Your picture draws you into your face more than anything, and it is very pretty so you deserve all the compliments.

As for lifting others, more oft than not, I think it is the small things that make the biggest impact.

over a year ago

I compliment people a lot but hate it in return, I'm just an awkward human that way.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Very easy as people I interact with know that I'm sincere and not looking for a return compliment

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Meli, that is a gorgeous picture of you…how bloody stunning

I often send a message to someone to compliment them on a new pic. With no intention at all of trying to win points.

One time I messaged someone saying that I could see a change in their pics, like they were more confident and they replied and said they cried from my message, as the week before they were at an all time low and she had just decided to own her shit and took some pics. Someone else recognising her change gave her more strength

You never know what’s going on with people inside until you reach out, so a compliment can have so much of an effect on someone regardless of how they are feeling.

K

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm incredibly lucky to have a circle of female friends that not only don't compete with each other but actually enjoy being each others hype squad and encouraging each others debauchery . I'm not sure if it's related that nearly all of us are sapphic to some degree."

Maybe. Maybe there's some truth in that. Hype squad though? I absolutely love that! Yes, I have a few friendships like that and it brings me so much joy. Zero competition, reassurance, love. And encouraging each other to be the hedonistic selves our cute persona wouldn't suggest.

By *inAndTonic21Couple
over a year ago

Merseyside

They are the posts I enjoy most it’s lovely to be kind and feels great - your pic is great btw OP xx

By *oftyandhisloverCouple
over a year ago

surrey

"

I’ve often messaged women to compliment their lingerie AND ask where they got it from so I can treat myself too lol, B

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Meli, You’re a stunning woman with a beautiful soul.

When someone compliments me I would hope it’s sincere, but it makes me a little uncomfortable. After years of verbal abuse, it isn’t something easily changed, it’s a work in progress…

When I compliment someone, male or female, I’m not looking for anything in return.

over a year ago

I try to be supportive but I'm aware I'm very blunt and I don't really have a filter. I will always do my best to try and make people feel good about themselves but at the same time I won't take any BS and my bluntness and dog with a bone personalty can sometimes make people wonder if I'm being genuine. What you see is what you get with me and I can't hide my emotions but I hope it comes across in the way it's intended when I do reach out to people even those I have had a spat within the past.

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

Whilst I’m all for complimenting either sex I find it can come with agenda on fab - I’ve come across woman who will compliment in a ‘keep your friends close but enemies closer’ kind of way. I find the portrayal of a ‘nice’ personality in the forums can sometimes be for the masses to think ‘aw she’s a lovely lass’ but the reality to be rather different when messages are private or indeed you meet in person.

I sent a compliment to someone the other day about an item of lingerie they were wearing simply because they looked amazing in it - no hidden intent or agenda yet I then get asked if I have anything similar and could I post a picture of me in it for comparison - it’s the competitive nature of some woman I cannot abide!

That said any compliments I give are sincere and without malice and I hope that comes across to anyone I have tried to lift in the past whether in real life or in this environment.

And lastly…You look absolutely beautiful in your pic Meli and have always been kind yet honest with your words xx

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm a big believer in "if you can't be nice, be quiet".

Cal

over a year ago

"I'm a big believer in "if you can't be nice, be quiet".

Cal"

We don't always have to be nice though. If someone is genuinely looking for opinions why would you just keep quiet if it wasn't a favourable opinion, You can be honest and critical without being nasty but it also doesn't have to be nice either.

over a year ago

"

You are simply stunning both in the way you look and the way you present yourself

over a year ago

I think it’s good to be nice, full stop. Not seeking praise for it too. And I prefer niceness through honesty ultimately too - if someone gave me their honest opinion from a good place, even if I disagree with it entirely, that’s a positive interaction.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I generally find it easier to compliment females about their looks. I actually find it difficult to compliment men, never know what to actually say. Actually wish I wasn't as awkward with men.

Easier said than done."

It's not that it maybe wrongly interpreted. But when I compliment a guy say on a jumper or shirt they look at me as if I'm strange or something. Think women are generally more accustomed to general compliments.

over a year ago

"

I regularly compliment people if they’re dressed nice or doing something good, I do go out of my way ever so slightly with some people more than others, if I feel they are needing it too.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

I always compliment a guy on how the light reflects off his dong, and I'm like 90% genuine when I do; almost never being... y'know, me!

It's a fantastic picture also, Meli

over a year ago

"I always compliment a guy on how the light reflects off his dong, and I'm like 90% genuine when I do; almost never being... y'know, me!

It's a fantastic picture also, Meli "

The light reflects beautifully off yours too (snickers)

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"I always compliment a guy on how the light reflects off his dong, and I'm like 90% genuine when I do; almost never being... y'know, me!

The light reflects beautifully off yours too (snickers)"

That emoji doesn't work, maybe it's not been updated

(marathon)

Huh guess they just took them down, huh.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"

Your beautiful xx

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I like to spread a little love in compliments on occasions ….

over a year ago

Meli you look stunning!

But also kinda like my sexy fairy godmother .

Like, the kind of person who would appear to me when I'm about to make a massive mistake but wants me to look good doing it

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

"

Oh Meli! You and your photo are beautiful

I love lifting others up, especially women. It makes me sad we don’t see in ourselves what others see.

I often do it to people is shopping queues or shop workers in the hope it’ll bring a smile to their day.

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

I’m adding to this because compliments are nice but I’ve noticed a trend of guys using it to get in your messages and then hit you with the creepy/sleazy replies…not good, not good buddy

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Super easy! Acknowledging qualities in other people and letting them know is healthy and kind and makes people smile! Pitting yourself against others is the road to bitterness and resentment, in my opinion. My mum, for example, can't listen to people complimenting other women her age. It's like she believes it takes away from her in some way, that complimenting her peers means you must think she is less than the person you are complimenting. There will always be someone more intelligent, smart, charming, kind etc. Comparing yourself constantly and feeling inferior, with a big dose of animosity, is totally unnecessary and thoroughly miserable."

Yes! I don't understand how it serves anyone to be doing so endlessly. I can say oh Nell, I really like your small boobs without comparing myself to your general adorable pixie self - you occupy your own space and I mine. It doesn't mean one is better. We're different. Alike in terms of our vagina betrayals and quirks but still. Different. Not competing.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

Getting compliments from the same sex is lovely, and I love to pop a smile on faces doing the same.

My friends and I always say I wish we could see ourselves as others see us.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I’ve found that guys on here really don’t, in fact quite the opposite.

In my experience most guys are very competitive in life and fab only enhances that. It’s very rare that guys will interact beyond sex with other guys and ever rarer to compliment with no agenda.

It makes me sad but it’s how things are here.

It’s lovely that femmes build each other up though "

It is rare! The nicest thing I heard at a recent social wasn't the various lines but two men unashamedly complimenting each other with no ulterior motives. One because he looks like he's sculpted from marble and another because he has a beautiful smile and dresses perfectly.

I like seeing men interact, not in an awww bromance way (maybe a tad) but because it's nice to see people interact. Without there being sex as a reason behind it.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Love to compliment others and make them feel good about themselves, really stuggle to accept compliments back though!! "

Oh accepting them is very different! Start by saying thank you. Don't follow that with "it's only/I only" or things that negate it. Say thank you. Nothing more. A person means it just as much as you do when saying it.

I really struggle with them sometimes! Flush bright red and there's one thing that if someone comments on I'm torn between the / dichotomy. But thank you is enough.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/07/22 19:48:18]

over a year ago

Serious note i like the message at 9pm or 10pm thread as it promotes this not just to pull sometimes just to give someone a boost or a laugh you can usually see the genuine ones no matter who they are from

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think my brand is casually back handed.

Can't be too over the top, treads on the saccharine.

But yeah, you look alright girl, you've been better but, ya know, also worse. All relative innit.

As for the fellas, I wouldn't message anyone but you see a good bit if tailoring, sartorial elegance and mainly watches, always watches, yeah, recognise. "

Thanks hubby, you're the reality check I need when my ego hits insufferable.

You've definitely got backhanded down. I'm more take the piss/overly compliment. No middle ground because who needs that?

By *ir LixalotMan
over a year ago

Blackburn

I joined last month, I've had a few dick pics and requests, I try to have manners and politely decline. Which they've accepted nicely.. as for compliments, I've paid quite a few to the females that they don't seem to read.. obviously, I could be doing it all wrong

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Meli, that is a gorgeous picture of you…how bloody stunning

I often send a message to someone to compliment them on a new pic. With no intention at all of trying to win points.

One time I messaged someone saying that I could see a change in their pics, like they were more confident and they replied and said they cried from my message, as the week before they were at an all time low and she had just decided to own her shit and took some pics. Someone else recognising her change gave her more strength

You never know what’s going on with people inside until you reach out, so a compliment can have so much of an effect on someone regardless of how they are feeling.

K

"

Ah K you're really good at that! You noticed a change in my photos which coincided with me meeting someone and it was very astute. You have a lovely view on compliments, they'd mean more if they could be heard in that voice of yours though.

over a year ago

"Whilst I’m all for complimenting either sex I find it can come with agenda on fab - I’ve come across woman who will compliment in a ‘keep your friends close but enemies closer’ kind of way. I find the portrayal of a ‘nice’ personality in the forums can sometimes be for the masses to think ‘aw she’s a lovely lass’ but the reality to be rather different when messages are private or indeed you meet in person.

I sent a compliment to someone the other day about an item of lingerie they were wearing simply because they looked amazing in it - no hidden intent or agenda yet I then get asked if I have anything similar and could I post a picture of me in it for comparison - it’s the competitive nature of some woman I cannot abide!

That said any compliments I give are sincere and without malice and I hope that comes across to anyone I have tried to lift in the past whether in real life or in this environment.

And lastly…You look absolutely beautiful in your pic Meli and have always been kind yet honest with your words xx"

You're just an absolutely beautiful person in every way!

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Meli, You’re a stunning woman with a beautiful soul.

When someone compliments me I would hope it’s sincere, but it makes me a little uncomfortable. After years of verbal abuse, it isn’t something easily changed, it’s a work in progress…

When I compliment someone, male or female, I’m not looking for anything in return. "

I'm sorry you went through that Lorraine - it must have been awful. Hopefully the positive voice drowns out the lingering soon for you.

Not looking for anything in return is important - you don't want to be doing it out of need for anything because I'm not sure how genuine it is if that makes sense? Maybe it can be meant. Sincere. But done for gain? I'll save the thinking on it and not write a stream of consciousness.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I often compliment random strangers, if I like their dress etc. And I always compliment my friends.

Its a great pic Meli, you look very very pretty and I love your freckles "

Awww thank you Bella! You look fantastic in lingerie. Not that you'd look bad in anything tbh.

Yes to the strangers compliments! It's nice saying you like someone's hat or shoes or whatever. You see a smile start to grow and their face lights up with radiant delight in someone noticing them. Noticing them enough to say I like this. It's a little snapshot of human connection that's adorable and heartwarming.

By *NL Social SpurschickWoman
over a year ago

Social Zone

I’m not a natural compliment giver. I’m more if I think someone needs a moral boost, they’ll get it, but that is only to people I know.

over a year ago

The light reflects beautifully off yours too (snickers)

That emoji doesn't work, maybe it's not been updated

(marathon)

Huh guess they just took them down, huh."

It wasn't the chocolate bar! I was snickering!

By *ancer36Woman
over a year ago

Stirling

"Whilst I’m all for complimenting either sex I find it can come with agenda on fab - I’ve come across woman who will compliment in a ‘keep your friends close but enemies closer’ kind of way. I find the portrayal of a ‘nice’ personality in the forums can sometimes be for the masses to think ‘aw she’s a lovely lass’ but the reality to be rather different when messages are private or indeed you meet in person.

And lastly…You look absolutely beautiful in your pic Meli and have always been kind yet honest with your words xx

You're just an absolutely beautiful person in every way! "

Right back at you beautiful xx

over a year ago

I’m complimentary towards all, I like to think that my words pick people up rather that them thinking i want in their pants. I’m embracing being complimented more n more these days.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I try to be supportive but I'm aware I'm very blunt and I don't really have a filter. I will always do my best to try and make people feel good about themselves but at the same time I won't take any BS and my bluntness and dog with a bone personalty can sometimes make people wonder if I'm being genuine. What you see is what you get with me and I can't hide my emotions but I hope it comes across in the way it's intended when I do reach out to people even those I have had a spat within the past. "

You are very blunt, zero filter but that's not necessarily a bad thing is it? I think I might, however wrongly, value the compliments from those who don't hand them out as often as I drop my knickers.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

*more

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I find it tough to do as I never know the right thing to say to lift them up. I don't mind paying compliments to men or women as it comes from a good place and hope it boosts their mood a little bit.

I don't really see it as competition, we could all use a pick-up from time to time and a rising tide lifts all boats

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"I try to be supportive but I'm aware I'm very blunt and I don't really have a filter. I will always do my best to try and make people feel good about themselves but at the same time I won't take any BS and my bluntness and dog with a bone personalty can sometimes make people wonder if I'm being genuine. What you see is what you get with me and I can't hide my emotions but I hope it comes across in the way it's intended when I do reach out to people even those I have had a spat within the past. "

I get told the same about myself, alot. Here and in life. Today I had a guy compare reading my profile ro how someone with a brain tumor may feel and he would rather have a brain tumor. Being blunt isn't rude. Of someone asks an opinion I'll give mine, I wont be tactful as I don't feel I need to be as what I say is what I think. People around over the years have come to appreciate it and accept that's just how I am and that if asked something or my opinion that's exactly what they will get, warts and all.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

And lastly…You look absolutely beautiful in your pic Meli and have always been kind yet honest with your words xx"

Hey Dancer! Thank you, that means a lot coming from you x

You're right, I've found that before as well - the compliments aren't genuine because they come from a place of competition. I always remember a quote from Adichie's We Can All Be Feminists - "We raise girls to see each other as competitors not for jobs or accomplishments, which I think can be a good thing, but for the attention of men." and there's sadly too much truth in that. In a place like Fab that's highlighted even more which is a shame. A close friend of mine is the complete opposite of me - blonde, tanned, toned. Beautiful. That doesn't diminish my own. Doesn't threaten me. I can hold her up and celebrate her.

I've been doing a lot of reading on the divine feminine lately; a key component is practicing self love and with that extends love for others. Respect. I might not necessarily get along with someone (because no one likes everyone and I'm a knob) but I can respect and appreciate their beauty. It's far easier to do with friends if that makes sense?

I've always loved your posts (and photos), whether that's the smuttier or the more deep thinking. x

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Meli you look stunning!

But also kinda like my sexy fairy godmother .

Like, the kind of person who would appear to me when I'm about to make a massive mistake but wants me to look good doing it "

This is the exact energy I want to give off, such a good reading. I'd happily be your sexy fairy godmother any time

P.S I've ordered that magical bra! Your beautiful avatar inspired me.

over a year ago

I am very generous with compliments, i love spreading joy.. But they are heartfelt and not for the sake of it.. I would rather someone said nothing than say it for 'effect'

I love your photo, you look so vulnerable,yet assured and confident... Beautiful

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I should probably do it more. Most of my man on man compliments are if they are funny or if they have a good physique.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I love giving compliments, be that to friends or complete strangers. I won't ever blow smoke up anyones arse though, if I don't mean it I don't say it. I'm much more likely to compliment behaviour rather than anything aesthetic...I messaged a colleague last week to tell him that I really liked the way he presented in a meeting. Aesthetic is too easy and generic to compliment on: "I like your dress" "thanks, it's from a popular chain store, thousands of people have it". It just seems a bit meh to me. But somebody telling me they admire how I acted in a certain situation can make me go a bit gooey,especially if it's someone that I respect or admire.

over a year ago

If we all lifted each other up, imagine how beautiful we all would feel.

You look nice Meli

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Serious note i like the message at 9pm or 10pm thread as it promotes this not just to pull sometimes just to give someone a boost or a laugh you can usually see the genuine ones no matter who they are from

"

A serious post from you? What's happened? No you're right, I like those threads as well. Bar the thirsty folk that appear at that time, I've had some lovely compliments for no other reason than they thought it. I once had someone tell me they like that I can use a particular punctuation mark. Brilliant and appreciated.

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I always try too in here. Give a fab, give a wink because simply I know the small things count a lot in some peoples eyes. And quite honestly I’m happy to put a smile on someone’s face

By *_Mr.K_xMan
over a year ago

Somewhere between Hades and Narnia

"I always try too in here. Give a fab, give a wink because simply I know the small things count a lot in some peoples eyes. And quite honestly I’m happy to put a smile on someone’s face "

No truer word said

over a year ago

"Super easy! Acknowledging qualities in other people and letting them know is healthy and kind and makes people smile! Pitting yourself against others is the road to bitterness and resentment, in my opinion. My mum, for example, can't listen to people complimenting other women her age. It's like she believes it takes away from her in some way, that complimenting her peers means you must think she is less than the person you are complimenting. There will always be someone more intelligent, smart, charming, kind etc. Comparing yourself constantly and feeling inferior, with a big dose of animosity, is totally unnecessary and thoroughly miserable."

Couldn't agree more. Very well put.

over a year ago

"Serious note i like the message at 9pm or 10pm thread as it promotes this not just to pull sometimes just to give someone a boost or a laugh you can usually see the genuine ones no matter who they are from

A serious post from you? What's happened? No you're right, I like those threads as well. Bar the thirsty folk that appear at that time, I've had some lovely compliments for no other reason than they thought it. I once had someone tell me they like that I can use a particular punctuation mark. Brilliant and appreciated."

old age moment

By *nexpectedExplorerMan
over a year ago

Gower

This is so important in many ways in life.

If we lift each other we all prosper. If we try and get ahead by pushing others down then the foundations collapse under us.

I sometimes feel a little worried about complimenting as it can come across wrong.

But at the same time I wish we could all just share pleasant thoughts without any insinuation that it’s to get a return. I don’t believe in altruism either though, it’s not a selfless act. There’s an endorphin hit from making someone smile. Even just smiling at a stranger (in a non creepy way) and watching their face respond - you definitely get a kick.

Btw, it is indeed a beautiful pic OP

over a year ago

"

You've definitely got backhanded down. I'm more take the piss/overly compliment. No middle ground because who needs that? "

No worries my little falafel.

Always my number one gal, seriously I've got a graph and everything.

And look, I have to keep to my winning strategy dear wife, you know as well as anyone what would happen if I played nice. That'd be greedy.

Anyway, keep on with the ok'ish pic's and I'll throw you a little scab or two, but only if Would I Lie To You isn't on.

Nerd.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

You've definitely got backhanded down. I'm more take the piss/overly compliment. No middle ground because who needs that?

No worries my little falafel.

Always my number one gal, seriously I've got a graph and everything.

And look, I have to keep to my winning strategy dear wife, you know as well as anyone what would happen if I played nice. That'd be greedy.

Anyway, keep on with the ok'ish pic's and I'll throw you a little scab or two, but only if Would I Lie To You isn't on.

Nerd.

"

You predicted my response to this perfectly my emotional support PNSM. Very very well played. You're definitely getting the scab photos, you've made your bed now.

https://youtu.be/ZfbBqBOSXlU

Underappreciated, for the hay bales and summer rain and embracing the now. Wholeheartedly, unreservedly.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

I guess that the saying of you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything at all is true in my case.

100% off the messages and compliments we get are for TG. I’m very much feeling like the spare part on fab hence the reason that I deleted my account and I’m barely on this one either.

So is great to read about lifting other people up but there is also a lot of negativity around on fab especially male to male.

A good example of this is us attending social events together yet it’s TG that gets verified and not us as a couple.

Marc

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"I guess that the saying of you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything at all is true in my case.

100% off the messages and compliments we get are for TG. I’m very much feeling like the spare part on fab hence the reason that I deleted my account and I’m barely on this one either.

So is great to read about lifting other people up but there is also a lot of negativity around on fab especially male to male.

A good example of this is us attending social events together yet it’s TG that gets verified and not us as a couple.

Marc

"

You two are equally hot dude, always have been. I like how you do that chest thing where it's all dark and manly, especially when there's a hint of, as the French say, Le Dong.

By *aughtySilverFoxyMan
over a year ago

Reading

"

Meli, you look very cute and have a sexy voice! XXX

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"I guess that the saying of you can’t say something nice then don’t say anything at all is true in my case.

Marc

You two are equally hot dude, always have been. I like how you do that chest thing where it's all dark and manly, especially when there's a hint of, as the French say, Le Dong.

"

Thank you very much appreciated. Sometimes I feel very invisible in the shadows

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Uplifting is better for the universe. Gravity does enough dragging us down without us hurting people along the way.

And, it's a lovely picture, Meli.

over a year ago

I love to give compliments, mainly to women, but sometimes to men, as long as the compliment is genuine and heartfelt.

I do it in real life and on here.

Post new Message to Thread