Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas funds!!!!

Jump to newest

By *onelylusty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

Hi

I'm desperate for ideas on how to make money for Xmas!!!!

All suggestions gratefully received!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Many local companies hire extra staff for the Christmas period. Try the Post Office (the sorting offices), or any of the supermarkets, they're all hiring at the moment.

over a year ago

"Hi

All suggestions gratefully received!!!!"

Try this site...

canihaveajobdoinganythingformoneyincfun.com

Seriously there are los of Temps jobs going so surly there something to get locally

over a year ago

"Hi

Avon is always a good bet esp if you already have a job and can take the books into work instead of traipsing round peoples doors. My daughter did it a few years ago and made quite a lot of money xx

over a year ago

Hit the high street shops, like Boots Next Argos etc. Supermarkets.

Most retail outlets want extra staff. You have to be quick though as they will be hiring now.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Hi

does it have to be legal and moral ? he he

over a year ago

If you have an ebay account you can sell stuff ...... one of my friends used to buy clothes in sales and cheap things from lidl's then sell them on ebay.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Most of the Christmas temps will have been hired in Oct but you might be lucky. However I would just say that it isn't a case of just walking in to a temp job, the competition is fierce and places can be very choosy. Our local waitrose had 359 applicants for 5 temp jobs and they had to jump through hoops. People desperate for work. The Ebay option suggested or boot sales if you have any saleable stuff sounds more likely to get you some ready cash or have you any

skills someone would pay you for...

By *onelylusty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

I'm absolutely desperate. I'm a single mum and want to give my kids a good Xmas.

I've already sold literally everything I have of any value. I've applied for temp jobs everywhere but no luck. Inc local catalogue companies like Avon but it seems my area is already well covered.

I'm desperate

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Ann summers rep?

I'm sure a regular forumite is one and could offer advice

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Or offer cleaning/ironing services - my December is going to be manic so am getting someone to blitz my house before Christmas.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Don't forget the lucrative Christmas/new year babysitting. And you could offer a shopping/pick up service for people too - just ask the busiest people you know if they'd like you to do their pressie shopping. As long as they know what they want you can fave the crowds for them and most things can be paid over the phone so you just have to collect.

over a year ago

Honestly ?

If you haven't got the cash now, you are not likely to have it for Christmas either.

Concentrate on what you do have and providing the best Christmas you can for the kids at the moment.

Then next year, work hard and put plans in place to ensure that you do have the money to spend on them.

Remember in all this, despite what society tells us, Christmas is not about having the best or the the most and you do really need to make the most of what you do have - no what you would like to have.

I am sure you are not on your own in this either, despite feeling that way.

The fact you are worried, describe yourself as desperate and chose to ask for advice, tells me that you are a good mum. Otherwise, you wouldn't give a toss.

I am sure the kids would sooner have a good time at Christmas that involved lots of time with mum and fun for all, than bags full of presents that either get trashed or left to one side as soon as January comes.

And like I say, even if this year isn't as you want it to be, there is always next year. They won't love you any less

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont know how old your children are, but have you thought about colouring books, crayons, bits of craft things, maybe some fancy tights or socks. Small things can fill a stocking.

If they are older, bits of makeup of the market, some body sprays ect

over a year ago

I agree with the others - kids will just love being with mummy and doing fun things together!

When my youngest was 1 or 2 he loved Barney the dinosaur :S The stuff in the shops was soo expensive but I looked on ebay and managed to get second hand ones for anything between £5 and £20. I then got a box from the supermarket and covered it in christmas paper and filled it with Barneys - christmas morning he went daft! Banny banny banny lolol - he didn't know or care that they weren't brand new!

Last year he wanted a dsi - I got one on gumtree for £30, bought 2nd hand games from ebay and a new case with a pocket for the games - again he didn''t know or care that they weren't new - only that he had gotten what he asked for

Also the last few years we have made calendars with his 'art' and photo's for family and friends and last year we even baked biscuits and cakes for relatives and bought a chocolate moulding kit from a £ shop and made chocs for his friends and teacher.

He loves giving these presents almost as much as he loves receiving presents and I hope it teaches him that you don't have to spend a lot of money to give people pleasure.

Good luck honey and Merry Christmas

over a year ago

"I'm absolutely desperate. I'm a single mum and want to give my kids a good Xmas.

I've already sold literally everything I have of any value. I've applied for temp jobs everywhere but no luck. Inc local catalogue companies like Avon but it seems my area is already well covered.

I'm desperate "

You could try these phone sexline services. You could be doing your knitting at home while some guy gets his rocks off to what you're suggesting to him. Pays well I believe.

Post new Message to Thread